Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 766 comments are related to the topic:
epsom derby 2018

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 20 of 20  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 766
By:
Andrew in Sweden
When: 13 Jun 18 05:15
I think you mean Saxon Warrior.

I doubt you will ever see SW run over 8f again, and as for Delano Roosevelt, he wouldn't get within 5L of SW at any distance. He's a one paced 'plodder' who may end up running in a poor Irish St Leger in time.

As previously posted, i still feel SW wins the Irish Derby and Masar goes for the Eclipse.

Good luck
By:
Sandown
When: 13 Jun 18 09:42
I'm inclined to agree with you Andrew. The Irish Derby won't take much winning , as of now, so we still won't really know about SW's best trip unless he wins in a very fast time, which is highly unlikely as he probably won't need to run that fast. So, where next for him, assuming he wins? King George? Or the St Leger or Irish Champion and then the Arc? As for Masar, the Eclipse might be be more competitive, but even if he loses he could still be aimed at the Arc. Both Coolmore and Godolphin will surely want a runner in Paris.
By:
impossible123
When: 13 Jun 18 12:35
Now, the Irish Derby certainly will take less winning as the next preferred race for Masar is the Eclipse, it has just been announced, but connections have left him in the Irish Derby to keep all options open. What for? In case Saxon Warrior is unable? If so, ducking the challenge then? So unlike Godolphin...but then a Derby winner after a lengthy period of over 2 centuries,...I'd understand. But, I'd thought Sheikh Mo was a sporting person who'd rise to a challenge - breeding value induced perhaps.
By:
Jack Bauer '24'
When: 13 Jun 18 14:00
After the Irish Derby I would expect him to go to York or Leopardstown before being aimed at the Arc.
By:
cause and effect
When: 13 Jun 18 18:48
The pocket talking narrative that Masar must go for the Irish Derby is worthy of a vomit! He's just won THE Derby. He has nothing to prove. Commercial demands means he needs to prove himself a champion over 10f too. Not difficult to comprehend. Saying Masar is ducking the challenge is frankly insulting. Surely it is Saxon Warrior with more to prove?? The Coolmore fanboys losing their monies is funny first time but to pursue the tired narrative constantly is irritating, I believe ;) Christ! This forum used to be decent but definitely not worth my time. Hope I get another ban!
By:
A_T
When: 13 Jun 18 19:04
Agree Masar has nothing to prove by running at the Curragh against horses he has already beaten. In any case the race seems to have lost a lot of prestige in recent years - was North Light the last non-Coolmore Derby winner to run in it?

Sheikh Mo might also get a little bit of pleasure out of snubbing the Irish race.
By:
dunlaying
When: 30 Jun 18 20:27
It looks like Kincsem was correct.
Page 20 of 20  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo