Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
penzance
01 Jun 13 16:16
| Topic/replies: 11,242 | Blogger: penzance's blog
cant find any AP markets on this.
Anyone know of any prices,yet?
cheers.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 260
By:
elisjohn
When: 01 Jun 13 17:42
nothing as yet
By:
jimnast
When: 04 Jun 13 20:07
4/1 would be a fair price for her.
By:
elisjohn
When: 05 Jun 13 06:23
cant think of any notable runners to contest it maybe SNA, what a poor race its become
By:
jimnast
When: 05 Jun 13 08:56
your right elisjohn I remember back in the late 70s and early 80s and even the early 90s the race really was the highlight of the summer,the likes of troy and shergar confirming there derby victories as 3 year olds ,teenoso and ela mana mou winning as 4 year olds,time charter proving her oaks win was no fluke,the brilliant dancing brave gaining compensation for his defeat in the derby,reference point following up his derby win after been unable to win the eclipse over 1m2f,the horse that beat him in the eclipse himself winning the king George the year after,then we had nashwan,generous and lammatara following up there derby wins,since then with the exception of harbinger we have had plenty of very good winners but the race itself has lacked depth,possibly the breeders cup has had something to do with it,possibly royal ascot attracts the better horses now, i don't know but something needs to be done to get this race back to the highlight of the summer flat season.
By:
Angel Gabrial
When: 05 Jun 13 09:39
^^Dancing Brave a shocking admission
By:
jimnast
When: 05 Jun 13 17:10
i beg your pardon ?
By:
elisjohn
When: 05 Jun 13 17:12
mtoto, montjeu, but my fav kg is the teenoso one, oh wonderful days
By:
EastLower Gooner
When: 05 Jun 13 18:02
A few years ago I bought a lovely painting for my dad as a birthday gift and a thank you for introducing me to racing when I was a kid....brilliant shot of Golan's King George with Fallon in full flight as he brings Golan's through alongside Nayef with Zindabad toiling down the inside.....he loved that one.
By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 25 Jun 13 13:24
I see Roger Charlton has confirmed Al Kazeem is going to the Eclipse instead of this.

Any other horses ruled in or out?
By:
Graham55
When: 13 Jul 13 21:42
Bumping this as markets up now:

St Nicholas Abbey (9/4), Cirrus Des Aigles (7/2), Novellist (6), Trading Leather (6), Ektihaam (10), Mukhadram (14), Mount Athos (16), Battle Of Marengo (25), Very Nice Name (25), Hunters Light (33), Mars (33), Red Cadeaux (33), Universal (33), Ernest Hemingway (40), Chamonix (150)

Must say, Cirrus Des Aigles sticks out like a sore thumb at 7/2.

He is top top class, excuses for run first time out this season, he is better than SNA imo at at 7/2 rates a great bet, can see him going off closer to 5/2 come the off.

Any other opinions?
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 13 Jul 13 22:03
assuming the weather stays as it is, which I think is in the forecast, I'm struggling to see past SNA.

Entry list is pretty depressing, I suppose Trading Leather, Ektihaam and Mukhadram (if he runs) are potential improvers but it looks a poor renewal even at this stage.

Just looking at Cirrus Des Aigles' form, I note that in 34 races, he's only run twice when the word 'firm' has been included in the going description.
By:
A_T
When: 14 Jul 13 07:10
Just looked at the entries and this looks like one of the weakest renewals I can remember - SNA will probably go off strong favourite which says it all. Really depressing as this has always been my favourite race of the season.
By:
lead on
When: 14 Jul 13 08:50
Agree,must be the poorest i can remember.Are supplementary entries allowed?Even if they are,what else is there?Maybe yesterday's French winner or something like Hillstar,just that the race looks open for an improver.
By:
gart
When: 14 Jul 13 15:41
would be worried following in a 7yo with a previous tendon injury
on fast ground (which it may not be of course).  fastest time vs. the standard
was at ascot's champion stakes on good ground over 10f. has a gash pedigree
so appears to be a freak.

st nicholas abbey on the other hand has turned in 147.7 secs for meydan's 12f
while close to the pace on good ground. finished ok when beaten at santa anita
with the winner clocking 142.8 which is as close to a world record as you can get.
he may have been tired and may have been given too much to do on a sharp track.

if its fast ground and they run 148 seconds which is 2s under standard
with a reasonable early pace and he's a bit closer to the pace then i'd fancy
he'd beat him and going away because CDA a) lacks pace on proper fast ground
and although he gets 12f well, his best form is at 10f which in beating
so you think looks like 127 lbs rating. dont think the soft ground form
is worth looking at unless it came up soft and that is dubious anyway.

cant see why st nicholas abbey cannot turn around meydan form
on g/f with a proper gallop where he may well be at his peak now
and the other is posssibly on the wane with this injury.

would sooner have trading leather getting all that weight at the prices
but although his times were fast (ie sub standard) the quality
is unkown or not very good (tied in with libertarian and battle of marengo
aint ringing any bells!)

i think that st nicholas abbey is a very strong fave and 2/1 is
a bet.
By:
lead on
When: 18 Jul 13 19:43
Pleased to see that Sir Michael is thinking of running Hillstar.16/1{hills} looks worth a few pounds.
By:
sj
When: 18 Jul 13 20:14
on g/f and if J.O'B rides SNA closer to the pace(which he has this season) than he has before around ascot,he can finally win at ascot.Always thought he has been dropped out to far off the pace when running at ascot,which around there is a negative imo
By:
Graham55
When: 22 Jul 13 11:50
St Nicholas Abbey (2), Cirrus Des Aigles (steamer5/2), Novellist (6), Trading Leather (6drifter), Ektihaam (10), Hillstar (steamer12), Mukhadram (16), Mount Athos (20), Battle Of Marengo (25), Hunters Light (25), Mars (25), Universal (steamer25), Very Nice Name (25), Red Cadeaux (33), Ernest Hemingway (40), Chamonix (150)

BUMP!
By:
sintonian
When: 22 Jul 13 16:04
Hillstar supplemented

Paul Hanagan has chosen to ride Mukahadram up at York rather than Ektihaam.
By:
mac99
When: 22 Jul 13 20:31
To my mind the most impressive   twelve furlong performance of the year  so far was put up by Ektihaam    in the Buckhound stakes at Ascot in May   , the way he forged clear of Thoamas Chipendale   in the final furlong   showed just how well he is suited he is going to be  by the distance  of the  KG .

I first saw this Horse  in last years Dante  and although the   subsequently regressive  Bonfire won the race   Ektihaam  who ran second  was pulling hard   early on and seeming to run in snatches,   he  had not  really imo  run to his full potential in the Dante  ,

He did not run in the 2012 Derby a race he may well have won ,now as a four year old  has the make and shape of a top class Horse 

He comes  to the  race  with a profile  much like  the great Harbinger  who missed the Derby as a three year old , with a bit of luck   ( no slip ups )  he  could  well do it ,  gl  whatever your selection
By:
jair1970
When: 22 Jul 13 23:28
Somehow this is shaping up to be a cracker
By:
elisjohn
When: 23 Jul 13 05:14
jair, tbh I tend to agree, not a bad race at all for standards  these days
By:
sintonian
When: 23 Jul 13 08:07
No money wanting to back SNA at the mo. Hope CDA wins for TTF purposes.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 23 Jul 13 08:13
Market gone crazy - looks like SNA is out.Shocked
By:
sintonian
When: 23 Jul 13 08:20
King George favourite St Nicholas Abbey has suffered a "serious career ending injury", Coolmore Stud have revealed.
By:
sintonian
When: 23 Jul 13 08:24
Vets are attending to St Nicholas Abbey with hopes that he can be saved for a career at stud.
By:
Stevie Gerrard
When: 23 Jul 13 08:39
Sad
By:
unclepuncle
When: 23 Jul 13 08:43
Hope he pulls through.
By:
Fallen Angel
When: 23 Jul 13 09:44
Interesting that there were a few weird moves on the market yesterday and then the injury is announced this morning. Sure it's just coincidental but feel a little bit hard done by as backed the horse shortly before the news was released
By:
EastLower Gooner
When: 23 Jul 13 14:51
Probably got worried yesterday and gave him an extra work first thing to get the old St Nic fire back but backfired....as a guess.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 23 Jul 13 15:20
Going to be very quick ground so I'd be worried about CDA and Novellist and so have narrowed it down to Trading Leather and Ektihaam - might even do a reverse forecast.Shocked
By:
elisjohn
When: 24 Jul 13 10:33
imho , its madness to back ante post these days, if you fancy a big outsider for say gns or derby next year at 50/1 fair enough, but to back shorties for race coming up soon , there is no point, if it gets pulled out you lose, and in the main if another horse gets pulled out youre horse doesn't shorten all that much.see cda was around 3.15 yesterday, you can still back him at around 2,78 now after the fav coming out.
By:
Fallen Angel
When: 24 Jul 13 10:53
I have been quite fortunate SJ decided to void all bets made on SNA on tuesday as a gesture of goodwill, he was probably already injured when I had my bet but fair play to them they could have been hardnosed. Just hope the horse makes it through, a really likeable animal.
By:
elisjohn
When: 24 Jul 13 11:11
good news fa, my latest post wasn't directed at you personally with ante post betting, just in general
By:
sintonian
When: 24 Jul 13 11:26
Interesting comment from Mike Cattermole on ATR earlier. He said when CDA won in Dubai the going was officially described as Good, but he walked the track that night and said it was more like Firm.
By:
Figgis
When: 24 Jul 13 11:46
When CDA won the 2011 Champion Stakes the ground was described as good but the times pointed to good to firm on the round course that day. I reckon he handles firm and soft exactly the same. However, when it's soft he has a bigger advantage as many of his opponents don't handle it so well. I know he's a very good Gp1 horse but I believe this soft ground advantage has led to exaggerated winning margins resulting in him getting slightly inflated ratings. Personally I wouldn't have him higher than So You Think at his best.
By:
Fallen Angel
When: 24 Jul 13 12:39
@elisjohn yeah in most races I am tending to come round to your view more and more, however I still think there is great value to be had in both the classics and the ante-post cheltenham stuff because the liquidity is so much greater. A standard G1 race and yes the value seems to be have gone. Ascot was a prime example of this.

@Figgis, I thought this might be the angle this time round. If this was last year I would have thought CDA was great value @anything around 7/4 considering his proximity to Frankel and his general ability. This year I am inclined to lay him, thought maybe another year and he may have started to regress, I quite like the 3 year old's this season, and I am not sure he will be better on the ground, agree he would be the least disadvantaged on soft which might have led to bigger distances.

There are lots of horses in the race I like Ektihaam and Hillstar for instance, I can see him being taken on by the books on saturday almost certainly 2/1 will be available somewhere on the day.
By:
sj
When: 24 Jul 13 12:47
i think AP the week of the race is madness,wait till day of the race(esp big fesitvals) and the firms are falling over themselves to 'get' fancied runners,thats without all the concessions they also give.

Still like to play way in advance at big odds,but i now tend to sit tight the week prior to the race.
By:
Fallen Angel
When: 24 Jul 13 12:49
@sj yes I would wholeheartedly agree with this comment 100%. The best time to be a pro gambler is the week before the cheltenham festival, firms falling over themselves to provide decent arbitable opportunities
By:
sj
When: 24 Jul 13 12:52
dont play on the hedge hoppers(my son does),was there not a first six places in a 13 odd runner event at the festival this season?(sorry if i got that wrong.lol)
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com