Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 326 comments are related to the topic:
Josses Hill

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 9  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 326
By:
buddeliea
When: 08 Jan 15 19:44
We can say all we want about JH,but the fact remains he has to jump better tomorrow.
Lets hope he does,he was my 1st bet in the Arkle,but as I said earlier,for me he just did not look a natural and I am concerned.
By:
sintonian
When: 08 Jan 15 19:46
Then you can lay it off now Budde whilst the price remains the same
By:
festivalfanatic
When: 08 Jan 15 19:48
They've given him every chance budd. Donny is a very fair track, doesn't take a huge amount of jumping and the ground is rarely desperate.
By:
buddeliea
Nah,i will keep it,im an old fashioned backer,gambling is what I like.
By:
buddeliea
Thanks though mate.
By:
sintonian
When: 08 Jan 15 19:50
Might have to take my lunch break at the time of his race tomorrow so I can see it.
By:
buddeliea
When: 08 Jan 15 19:52
Fair point FF,hes got every chance of jumping better at a place like Donny,but if he aint a natural its a problem wherever he races.
Lets hope I am wrong....been known.Laugh
By:
sageform
When: 08 Jan 15 20:45
I have laid Josses Hill for tomorrow. He should win but at 1.5, with Cheltenian among others to beat, he is very short. Stable form is so dreadful that I will keep laying them.
By:
Tory
When: 08 Jan 15 20:55
If he were to win well tomorrow it's not inconceivable he'll go to 5/1 or 6/1. If you work on the presumption that Vautour may not head to the Arkle then that really leaves UDS, Clarcam and Gilgamboa, who is shorter in the JLT than he is the Arkle market.

Whether he would deserve to be that price is another question, but the market will react to the potential lack of opposition outside of 2 or 3 horses
By:
buddeliea
When: 08 Jan 15 20:58
Yep agree, he jumps well and wins he will be half the current price imo.
And more important, I will have a bet.
By:
The RealDeal
When: 08 Jan 15 23:43
tyrone
By:
harry callaghan
When: 09 Jan 15 08:59
sorry sint i hadn't looked in the run up apart from the day before his debut, hadn't ever seen him at 10/12-1 tbh
By:
harry callaghan
When: 09 Jan 15 09:01
nice test for him today tbh...the nicholls horse will certainly test him
By:
Howdi
When: 09 Jan 15 12:55

Jan 9, 2015 -- 9:01AM, harry callaghan wrote:

The contents of this post have been hidden for this blocked user.               

[Manage blocked users]

here we go not much competition according to the market but interesting

By:
Wicketd
When: 09 Jan 15 13:04
absolutely no chance in the arkle
By:
Howdi
When: 09 Jan 15 13:05
^^^ agree no natural at all. Arkle pace will cause him no end of problems
By:
stevo1
When: 09 Jan 15 13:05
Agree cant jump end of Arkle claims imo.
By:
Wicketd
When: 09 Jan 15 13:06
waiting for the 'but he produced his best jump under pressure at the last' comment
By:
Ekbalco
When: 09 Jan 15 13:07
Initial impressions not good at allSad

Will have a good look at it tonight - another run looks an absolute necessity.
By:
harry callaghan
When: 09 Jan 15 13:08
howdi loves making himself look a pr1ck - keep up the attention seeking howdi
By:
Simonw1981
When: 09 Jan 15 13:09
How is this horse 8/1 and vibrato valtat 20/1 on English form for the arkle?
By:
shockster
When: 09 Jan 15 13:12
He'll struggle to jump with Un De Sceaux going barmy up front.
By:
cufcno1
When: 09 Jan 15 13:15
Will be in the frame in the arkle though,maybe after a trip to yogi briesner,can only keep improving imo
By:
Howdi
When: 09 Jan 15 13:15
^^ that is looking on the bright side of life.
By:
Howdi
When: 09 Jan 15 13:16
shockster • January 9, 2015 1:12 PM GMT
He'll struggle to jump with Un De Sceaux going barmy up front.Grin
By:
brandyontherocks
When: 09 Jan 15 13:22
Not everybody agree that his jumping was a concern after his debut, that's fine it's a forum, but surely we are all of an agreement now.
By:
Howdi
When: 09 Jan 15 13:25
id give him 2 more runs before fez needs practice, obviously a talent.
By:
cufcno1
When: 09 Jan 15 13:31
I suppose at least josses hill hasn't fell over fences yet !
By:
brandyontherocks
When: 09 Jan 15 13:32
No doubting his ability Howdi. Practise he definitely needs. He should have beaten that horse much easier today receiving 6lbs.
By:
harry callaghan
When: 09 Jan 15 13:32
disappointing performance...you would of thought he would of had an easy race but the nicholls horse kept it very honest and apart from the last it was a poor round of jumping, he clearly hasn't come forward as much as people would of hoped and maybe sticking him in such a good race first time was not such a good idea on reflexion...glad i'm not involved in the arkle tbh very tricky
By:
harry callaghan
When: 09 Jan 15 13:35
6lbs?

just 2lbs i think
By:
Howdi
When: 09 Jan 15 13:36
the one that has taken my eye is gilgamboa although this UDS  could be a knocking horse, could easily be fav for champion chase, next year.
By:
brandyontherocks
When: 09 Jan 15 13:36
He is a 5 year old. WFA. Hence I said 6lbs.
By:
tomdeane
When: 09 Jan 15 13:40
That was very underwhelming indeed. Hard to see his jumping improving sufficiently to give him much hope in March. What would bother me most is that he doesn't seem very clever at them - if he's not on the right stride he tends to get it wrong, and it's a different shape and mistake each time, so I'd imagine he'd be a nightmare ride in an Arkle.
By:
tyronesam
When: 09 Jan 15 13:50
Not all lost just yet I believe. On the plus side definitely improved on first run, jumped las two well, others adequately and some very big , never thought in danger of falling at anytime. However didn't travel as well as expected and jump at first couple very worrying. Another run with intensive schooling in between and always remember lads it's not the best jumper who always wins the race , just ask champagne fever!!!
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 09 Jan 15 13:54
Wont run at the festival now if what we saw there was a fully fit Josses Hill. Clutching at straws maybe i know. A stronger pace and hurly burley of an Arkle might see about an improvement in his jumpingConfused

Stan James have shortened him Shocked
By:
tomdeane
When: 09 Jan 15 14:06
tyronesam - the best jumper doesn't always win the race, but I'd argue that jumping technique is more important in the Arkle than just about any other Festival race. Bad jumpers don't usually get near winning it.
By:
Howdi
When: 09 Jan 15 14:14
^^ SPOT ON tOM
By:
Ekbalco
When: 09 Jan 15 14:21
Ok - I've had a chance to review it in detail and for those of us holding AP vouchers it's not good I'm afraid.

There's no doubt he has a big engine ,the size and scope and the form in the book to be a massive player in the Arkle - as I said previously his profile is perfect - but there appears something wrong in his head at the moment - his shape and parabola at a fence are all wrong and despite evidence to the contrary in his jumping at home since his debut -  he has not come on one jot.

He's clearing fences by 18-24 inches which usually signifies a horse that's frightened - true his jumping at the last 2 was perfectly ok but he'll be long gone in the Arkle before 2 out with a jumping display like that.

On the plus side he maintains his record of never being out of the first two and at top racing pace under duress he delivered his best jump , but despite it looking a sub standard Arkle to me ,it's going to take all of Henderson's skill plus a large cheque to Mr. Breisner if he's to have a hope in the big one - he'd be Evens to get round jumping like that.

Such a shame as he's a beautiful animal.
By:
Ekbalco
When: 09 Jan 15 14:26
Maybe blinkers/cheekpieces/hood????
Page 3 of 9  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo