Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 326 comments are related to the topic:
Josses Hill

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 9  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 326
By:
Howdi
When: 19 Dec 14 21:05
^^ vautour aint there he will piss up imo
By:
festivalfanatic
When: 19 Dec 14 22:09
Evening H. What makes you think Vautour won't run in the Arkle? I backed him to win any race at the Festival 2015 and then concluded that my reasoning was flawed and backed him for the Arkle. He won the Supreme with a leg tied up and if he had stayed hurdling, would probably be favourite for the CH. If he rocks up at Cheltenham, there is only one target.
By:
Glossy
When: 19 Dec 14 22:57
JH is a biggish horse and likely needed the run. Will certainly need to brush up upon his jumping though.
By:
buddeliea
When: 20 Dec 14 08:09
Sums it up nicely Glossy.

His next race will tell us if hes an Arkle threat.
By:
buddeliea
When: 20 Dec 14 08:22
As for Vatour running in the Arkle :

What we have to seriously consider is the fact that Mullins has 2 horses for the Arkle,one of which he has said will definitely stay at 2m(UDS)so its quiet possible that his other one(Vatour)will step up for the longer race,as he has proved capable at that trip.
Of course between now and March the horses may change all that by their performances.

What both horses did last season over hurdles should not have much of a bearing on their targets this season over fences. Both Vatour and UDS were highly impressive in their respective 2m races. Yes, Vatour won the Supreme impressively, and UDS was not running against top horses,although he did thrash a horse on the bridle that Hurricane Fly beat far less impressively, but they are chasing now and we have to wait till they have both had a couple more chases before judging.
By:
Wicketd
When: 20 Dec 14 12:01
really didnt like that chasing debut. reminded me of grandouet. granted he had issues and probably needed the run, but the shape he made at several fences was incredibly off putting.
By:
sageform
When: 20 Dec 14 13:21
Thanks for the news re Ptit Zig, I shan't be backing him for the Arkle until the day of the race. I shall be backing him in every other race he contests though.
By:
shockster
When: 20 Dec 14 18:15
I may well be wrong and Josses Hill could well improve, but not sure how unfit he was.  Henderson stable usually know when they've got one ready and he was well backed yesterday.  He was easily available at 5/4 in the morning, opened 6/5 and was backed to win into 10/11 odds on Fav.  2m might be better than 2m3f though.
By:
sintonian
When: 21 Dec 14 16:43
I got the impression from the trainer's post-race comments that they were using Ascot as a schooling session. No reason to think he will not improve..time will tell as always..
By:
sageform
When: 23 Dec 14 12:15
I still don't think that Henderson has got any of his chasers ready yet. No idea why, but nearly all of his winners so far have been recent imports.
By:
sintonian
When: 06 Jan 15 20:37
JH now back trading at his pre-debut price. That has to be a good sign given the negativity generally spoken after his run.
By:
Wicketd
When: 06 Jan 15 20:42
i know he may have needed the run but he jumped so oddly on debut. interesting to see if that changes but as it stands i couldnt back him with stolen
By:
harry callaghan
When: 06 Jan 15 20:54
he was 8.6 before his debut sintonian
By:
tyronesam
When: 06 Jan 15 21:09
Entered at donny on Friday
By:
Simonw1981
When: 06 Jan 15 21:52
Don't understand how this horse is as short as he is. Debut he looked less than convincing and is getting overhyped because of the yard he is attached to. Didn't connections have the same opinion of the over rated Captain Conan, who didn't really deliver what they thought a couple of years ago.

He won 3 grade 1 races unbelievably, but only beat hinterland, third intention and tap night. Not quite top level in my opinion and Josses Hill could end up the same way.
By:
Ekbalco
When: 06 Jan 15 22:26
Looks the perfect Arkle horse to these eyes - the concern from his debut run was his poor fencing - expect him to dot up jumping beautifully on his next run in coming 2 weeks then straight to Chelters where he'll go off around 5's.

Terrific AP value imv.
By:
brandyontherocks
When: 06 Jan 15 22:29
Surely you'd be happier if he had another two runs. Going to the Arkle with just one novice chase win and just two runs would be a concern.
By:
Ekbalco
When: 06 Jan 15 22:32
No concern here branders.
By:
brandyontherocks
When: 06 Jan 15 22:36
Good stuffHappy
By:
Howdi
When: 06 Jan 15 23:15
stuffed on debut id be concerned
By:
Howdi
When: 06 Jan 15 23:16
around 5s will he heckLaugh
By:
tyronesam
When: 07 Jan 15 15:34
Hopeful of big improvement on Friday , ground looks to be decent. Encouraging they are running him again so soon,must be happy with schooling.
By:
buddeliea
When: 07 Jan 15 17:05
Just hope he puts in a good round of jumping,i need some confidence behind my bet.
I do worry though, I did not think he looked a natural at all to be honest.
By:
Tory
When: 07 Jan 15 17:08
He needs 3 runs before the festival, that's not even up for debate! Took 16/1 after his debut as thought it was a slight overreaction so hoping for better this Friday.

If i remember correctly, he won't ok with Ptit Zig (without jumping that well) for 2m and got left thereafter. That form isn't as bad as it looked at the time
By:
TheJudge
When: 07 Jan 15 18:53
Against Ptit Zig on seasonal debut he was facing a 160 rated hurdler with two chase starts under his belt that season, despite being pretty fresh and making a couple of errors he was bang there 3? out, probably didnt give his running 150 rated Dunraven Storm thrashed back in third

I'm hugely positive about that performance, who said he'd beat nothing supreme form absolutley rock solid and he's always looked a chaser in the making, all about opinions but I come down in the Josses Hill fan club

Doncaster will suit this fella an I agree with Ekbalco he'll be 5's when he hacks up on Town Moor
By:
brandyontherocks
When: 07 Jan 15 20:33
I don't think anyone his engine or potential but his jumping was dreadful the last run. He was steady over the first few before hitting one 4 or 5 out. After that he was all at sea and jumped like an injured elephant. Really unnatural at his fencing. It was bizarre considering how connections had talked up his homework.
By:
brandyontherocks
When: 07 Jan 15 20:34
I don't think anyone IS KNOCKING his engine and potential.
By:
Ekbalco
When: 08 Jan 15 11:03
I agree with Judgers - his seasonal debut has been overly criticised - I think it was 4 out when Bazza asked him for a big one and he fluffed it - from there on it was a losing battle -  but until then he'd been perfectly fine for a first time chaser.

Looking forward to tomorrow.
By:
Sir Gary Neville
When: 08 Jan 15 11:26
Confirmed runner at Donny tomorrow, interesting to see how much improvement there is.
By:
stevo1
When: 08 Jan 15 11:49
Needs to win imo, or may go Champion Hurdle?
By:
formboy
When: 08 Jan 15 14:22
his jumping was actually really good over the first seven, was very accurate.
Then he dived at one and that was his only serious mistake, he then got in close to two fences in succeesion as the pace quickened which put him on the back foot.
Plus the fact Pit zigg looks one of the best novices around and conditions stamina sapping first time out, I'd expect him to be a different proposition tomorrow.
By:
harry callaghan
When: 08 Jan 15 14:41
totally agree formboy was a tough intro but he did jump well early against 2 experienced good horses...

we will know more tomorrow on whether he has learnt from the experience but some of the junk written about his jumping on here is unfair imo by some...the mistake at the second last was him just coming to end of his tether against a high class experienced horse...

i have always thought he was a horse that needed a run anyway so a totally satisfactory introduction imo...we will know more after tomorrow
By:
Howdi
When: 08 Jan 15 17:40
TheJudge • January 7, 2015 6:53 PM GMT
Against Ptit Zig on seasonal debut he was facing a 160 rated hurdler with two chase starts under his belt that season, despite being pretty fresh and making a couple of errors he was bang there 3? out, probably didnt give his running 150 rated Dunraven Storm thrashed back in third

I'm hugely positive about that performance, who said he'd beat nothing supreme form absolutley rock solid and he's always looked a chaser in the making, all about opinions but I come down in the Josses Hill fan club

Doncaster will suit this fella an I agree with Ekbalco he'll be 5's when he hacks up on Town Moor
By:
Howdi
Howdi • January 8, 2015 5:40 PM GMT
TheJudge • January 7, 2015 6:53 PM GMT

By:
Howdi
NT WAIT FOR fRIDAY ILL GIVE YOU 11/2 NOW Laugh
By:
TheJudge
When: 08 Jan 15 17:56
I'll sit on my 10's for now Howdi

Tar
By:
TheCollector
When: 08 Jan 15 18:45
I've got 16sHappy. Went that price immediately after chase debut. Hope it hacks up tomorrow with polished jumping then we're on
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 08 Jan 15 18:50
Missed the tastier prices after debut but on at 12s so happy with that!
By:
tyronesam
When: 08 Jan 15 19:00
Fingers crossed, hope we see the real deal tomorrow
By:
sintonian
When: 08 Jan 15 19:40
he's generally been 10 - 12/1 harry before the season started. The 8.6 came about due to horses like UDS faltering. The gist is, he's been solid in the market, it has shown no concerns. If money is informed etc etc.
Page 2 of 9  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com