Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 173 comments are related to the topic:
prix de l,arc de triomphe

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 173
By:
elisjohn
When: 01 Oct 19 11:32
13 now on hereConfused
By:
impossible123
When: 01 Oct 19 14:45
Down to 12 now.

Never leave stake on possible non-runner just before final decs here as some unscrupulous individual would nick your doh when it's aconfirmed non-runner eg in-house trader with privileged info; some left £3k at 3 for a General Election in 2020 when Mrs May was Prime Minister, and it was gobbled up when she called an earlier so after her coronation.

Let's hope no hard luck story this weekend here.
By:
happysandwich
When: 01 Oct 19 22:27
I’m looking for ‘winning post enclosure’ tickets Sunday.

Anyone know of any deals or promotion codes on them – they’re 65 Euro on France galop?

Thanks
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 02 Oct 19 04:55
Happysandwich,

https://www.billetterie.france-galop.com/uk/QPAT

Correct, 65 euros in the enclosure (cheaper in the village) for the Sunday or 80 euros for a 2 day pass (the latter not for you of course).

I'm not aware of any promotions or discounts for seniors etc (that doesn't mean to say there are not any) although in bygone years on occasion, if your female partner wore a hat she would get in free. If this is still the case, wear a wig, borrow one of your wifes' hats and tag along with a group. Laugh
By:
elisjohn
When: 02 Oct 19 06:12
i read on the forum here or horse racing , that there was a lot of disappointed spectators re the enclosures etc last year.
By:
elisjohn
When: 02 Oct 19 06:29
i brought the posts up  on horse racing forum  under arc tickets, if it helps
By:
happysandwich
When: 02 Oct 19 06:45
Andrew,

Which enclosure are you going in?
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 02 Oct 19 07:24
Happysandwich,

The winning post enclosure (main one).

I saw your email earlier, apologies, Yahoo issues, but i will respond later.

Elisjohn,

I actually prefer the old grandstands to be honest, the new one is a 'tacky' Gold colour, and facilities not the best but they did say improvments have been made this year. The racing is still excellent though, i would go even if they held the meeting at Towcester Laugh
By:
happysandwich
When: 02 Oct 19 07:44
Thanks Andrew
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 02 Oct 19 07:55
Here is my post from last year after ther racing

The racing was superb as it often is, but the new grandstand (much smaller than the old one) is so gaudy, i didn't like it at all. Everything is coloured Gold to presumably represent luxury, but it fails miserably, instead it's a tacky, plastic look with 'patio' style timber decking everywhere. $145,000,000 down the Seine, someone has made millions !

The food and drink queues were the same as they always were, totally insufficient and unorganised, even electrical power wasn't available in places before the first race.

Toilets were few and disgusting towards the end of the meeting.

One improvement (and contrary to media reports) i thought getting a bet on was 'acceptable', queues were still in place (albeit shorter than previous years) but there also were self-service kiosks and Longchamp staff with mobile hand-held tablets for placing bets. I didn't see this as a significant negative issue.

Was the granstand worth €75 ? Absolutely no way. Ascot premier enclosure for less money is far superior.

Lack of seating is just one on several things that need looking at. Racegoers i was talking with on the return bus also said the Arc Gardens enclosure was very poor. I also thought there were less TV screens than before. I much prefer the old Longchamp even though it was getting 'tired' as i am now.
By:
mmmalushka
When: 02 Oct 19 09:07
In what looks to be another mediocre Arc I've had a fair old go at Fierement the late maturing Japanese St Leger winner,with there looking to be plenty of pace I'm hoping this will be set up for a finisher ie Fierement.This is what Christophe Lemaire had to say about its prep race "He ran well. This Sapporo course is small and the distance was too short for him," said Lemaire.
"His spurt was a little late but he ran well at the straight and showed a good turn of foot. The Arc is his main target and he'll be suited by a step up in trip. I look forward to him running in it."
By:
know all
When: 02 Oct 19 10:17
Could the price drift on enable ? lots of stories on some others in the racing post pushing up there chances, do high street books pay french tote prices as they did years ago which ones ? and would the price pay better on the english irish horses than normal bookmaker prices ? im a big player this year, have 3 including fav
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 02 Oct 19 12:18
wonder if baldy will put her up as a push ? not for me as already on japan at 40 just before the derby and magical at around 30 ish , not sure she will run but the gap in  the prices between her and the fav is too wide ,sure she has been turned over by enable every time they have met but she has not got that much to find . japan needs to carry on the improvement but has that upward curve and  looks to be getting better and better  and just coming to the boil ,will it be good enough to win ? not long to find out now .
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 02 Oct 19 13:25
Assume no supplementary additions.
By:
ImSoLuckyLucky!
When: 02 Oct 19 13:43
Frenchie extra
SOFT LITES

Grin
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 02 Oct 19 14:20
Yes,Soft Light has been included in the possible 12 runners for a while.
By:
impossible123
When: 03 Oct 19 10:08
Here are the draws: Enable (9); Japan (10); Sottsass (1); Waldgeist (3); Magical (8); Ghaiyyath (12).
By:
EastLower Gooner
When: 03 Oct 19 14:52
theres a chance 1 might be excellent for Sottsass

I think there’ll be few jocks mindful that Kiseki and Ghaiyyath might go off too hard...so Sottsass could get an easy  opportunity to slide right into a nice position...maybe allowing him first run on the others.

Then again he could just blow the start...which might not be that bad if Kiseki replicates his Japan Cup run and Ghaiyyath decides to go with him and then Enable / Japan / Magical find themselves a little legless after a lengthy battle.

Anyways just some random thoughts...best horse will win.
By:
dunlaying
When: 05 Oct 19 17:12
I have had a little e/w on French King ; take Enable out and it would be a very open race .
By:
unclepuncle
When: 05 Oct 19 19:00
Enable should win but with more rain forecast Waldgesit looks a near cert to be placed (similar type to Youmzain, Cloth Of StarsLove).

I have backed him e/w @ 16/1 with Slybet (4 places) and to win on here at 25. Break even if he places and win a bundle if he wins.
By:
dunlaying
When: 05 Oct 19 19:45
I cant see a thread for the Abbaye .  Finsbury Square will have his ground . A shade unlucky last year , 66/1 looks too big to me .
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 06 Oct 19 08:45
Not sure how the "very soft" ground will affect Japan and Sottsass both of whom I backed some while ago.Will also back Enable to save the stakes. Don`t fancy anything else but happy to be wrong in this ground.
By:
A_T
When: 06 Oct 19 09:08
easy win for Enable
By:
brigust1
When: 06 Oct 19 10:42
I backed Magical a little while ago in mid August at big prices and laid off a month later at a third of the price. I think logically Enable will win and Magical and Sottsass are the only very serious dangers. Just this once I would like to see Magical position herself in front of Enable and challenge her to get past. Not hopeful about the first bit though.
By:
Sandown
When: 06 Oct 19 10:57
Looking at this race purely from a market perspective, I would say that it more than a little out of balance as we have perhaps the shortest price favourite since Deep Impact when his supporters virtually crated a one horse book.Predicting who the most likely winner might be (Enable) is a lot easier than pricing up her chance of doing so. Personally, I think that she is poor value at odds on although I know that many see her as value at her current price (short as 1.68 this morning now eased slightly) but opposing her because of price is hard to do when she sluices up.

However, that is what I propose to do. The horses out of line have started to shorten up not least Magical who is now down a more realistic price around 11.5 and could go off the same price almost as Japan. Who would have thought that a few days ago when she was out almost to 30.0? But, the value has gone now imo.

The other main market anomaly is Ghayyaith who is trading at around 13.0 to 15.0. Purely on the ratings he should be second favourite so why is he so big? I can only guess at the reasons but it wouldn't be the first time that the market gets it badly wrong.

You may not fancy any of the Japanese horses but at the prices they are incredibly over-priced and in this ground an upset is always possible.

In the longterm you have to bet what you believe is value and take it on the chin when a poor value favourite wins. This may be one of those days.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 06 Oct 19 11:03
magical has had 19 races and only achieved 2 TS figures of 106 and 103, thats the reason its never in front of enable, its just never been fast enough to keep up, compared to enable 14 races TS figures of 117 116 115 114 105 102
By:
impossible123
When: 06 Oct 19 11:36
Funnily enough I've been considering to 'lay' Ghaiyyath for a place at 3.25 as I'm still unconvinced about his Germany form despite his lofty rating. Another negative is the wfa allowance and Enable in the field. I'd have done a match bet between Ghaiyyath and Magical but no such market available.

I agree with Gosden if Enable reproduces her latest Arc win she'd be done by one of 3yr olds.
By:
brigust1
When: 06 Oct 19 11:37
I cannot say I agree with any of that Roadrunner. Magical has been ridden to come off the pace. In last years Arc she was last coming into the straight and finished 5 lengths off the winner. She gave Enable first run in the Breeders Cup and again in the Eclipse and gave Crystal Ocean first run in the POW Stakes. I would like to see her getting first run for a change.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 06 Oct 19 11:46
you can disagree but its all there in the profiles of the horses, do you honestly believe aiden o'brien has been giving the jockeys the wrong instructions on how to ride magical all this timeCrazy
By:
impossible123
When: 06 Oct 19 12:05
Magical did win two good races (Debutante and Kilboy) from the front - she made all; her price contraction could be an indicator of the chance of Japan today.
By:
Figgis
When: 06 Oct 19 13:50
Japan turned out to be better than I thought after Ascot but I would still rate him no more than on par with an average Derby winner, which sometimes is good enough to win this event but wouldn't be good enough to beat an on form Enable. Unless she's below par he'll need to improve again, and as I thought he had a hard race last time that seems unlikely to me even after a rest. I rate Sottsass 4lbs behind Japan so, for me, he'll have to improve even more. I won't pretend I have a handle on Ghaiyyath's latest form. There's always a danger of underestimating these efforts like I did with Danedream but German racing appears to have declined since those days. Even if it was as good an effort as it looked, he's obviously been a horse with problems so there would still be a doubt about him repeating it, so I'm happy to pass on him.

I've already said that I consider the POW a better standard than this year's King George, with Crystal Ocean running a bit below his best in the second race. I reckon Magical was also below that form at Sandown and York. I can't categorically say that she was back to her best at Leopardstown, as the time was only fair and even the York form entitled her to win by that margin. However, visually to me she looked more like the filly who had performed so well at Ascot. There was also an excuse for the time not being special, as there was a lull in the pace mid-race. At this moment I believe I'm right about the POW effort but of course I could be wrong. There is also more margin for error when relying on visual impressions. A faster time at Leopardstown would obviously have been a better pointer, but that would still have been a double edged sword as it would've been far from ideal running so fast immediately before the Arc.

Until Enable is beaten there is no saying that she can't find more than she's had to already, she could be even better than she's shown, but when a horse is a short price like this I prefer to take it at face value. So I can't say this is the most confident I've ever been about a race but I reckon Magical represents outstanding value so I've had some decent bets on her, which will either give me an easier time over the winter or leave me trying to claw losses back over the coming weeks.
By:
brigust1
When: 06 Oct 19 13:56
We will be cheering together on this one Figgis but the IF is a big one. I do rate Sottsass form higher than Japan currently so because RM is on him and not Magical I am not confident but if you are not in it you cannot win it.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 06 Oct 19 14:11
Bow down to the king.CoolCoolCool
By:
elisjohn
When: 06 Oct 19 14:14
i was very impressed by sottsass in the french derby, seems to go on any ground, running on strongly over the 10 furlongs, but imo not  guaranteed to stay the arc trip on breeding  especially in a strongly run race, but with enable , sea of class not been out so far this season, the english derby no superstar in there i dont think, pink dogwood could be the best 3 year old at coolmore, should have won the oaks 6 lengths but for pilot error, and magical could be another found.So hoping hell stay im going for SOTTSASS

DIDNT STAY
By:
Figgis
When: 06 Oct 19 14:15
I saw no reason why Waldgeist would turn the form around with Enable so well done to those who backed him. Initial thoughts are that Enable wasn't quite at her best, rather than Waldgeist improving, but too early to say for sure.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 06 Oct 19 14:17
Waldgeist was closing on the front two at the end of the King George and with even softer ground and home advantage (he loves Longchamp) h3 was an amazing e/w or win with place cover bet imo.
By:
brigust1
When: 06 Oct 19 14:20
Well done Uncle. I really did look at him but you cannot back every horse. I had hoped the three year olds would do better but there was not a lot of confidence behind them and Enable's form is not really great so there was always the possibility of a turn up. Magical had every chance I suppose so no real excuses there.
By:
A_T
When: 06 Oct 19 14:22
the winner probably found better ground wide and the front runners went too fast in the conditions. wouldn't fancy the winner to back up this performance
By:
bobbyjo
When: 06 Oct 19 14:30
Very good shout Uncle (and anyone else who put him up)
By:
roadrunner46
When: 06 Oct 19 14:34
WD unclepucle according to RP put in a career best in the king george and its highest recorded TS 113, was an amazing e/w, think maybe enable ran a little under form on that ground, was hoping japan would at least place in the 1-2-3
Page 4 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com