Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 203 comments are related to the topic:
HENNESSY GOLD CUP

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 5 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 203
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 26 Nov 15 06:37
Agreed AC. Have added Houblon myself at 14/1. Race conditions look right up his street.
By:
sageform
When: 26 Nov 15 08:00
I held off having a bet until the field looked more cedrtain and have now got just a small interest in Fingal Bay. I know that Philip Hobbs has always thought him a very good horse and I was lucky enough to have been told that he was aimed at the Pertemps final before he ran in the qualifier. I still have doubts about his jumping at this level over fences.
By:
Autocue
When: 26 Nov 15 09:20
There's always a concern he'll jump over the rails instead of the fences.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 26 Nov 15 18:47
Definitely looks like it will be horrendous going - rain Friday evening and possibly before/during the race on Saturday.

Happy with my Smad Place bet but have saved on Urano (33/1) and Ned Stark (14/1).
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 26 Nov 15 19:15
Coneygree would had sluiced in Cry

I was on the course today and i was surprised as it didnt walk really soft, it had give in it but with a solid feel underneath. The rain could change all that.
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 26 Nov 15 19:52
How many of use backed the winner at 25/1?

Now 8s ;)
By:
Autocue
When: 27 Nov 15 17:07
I retract my dismissive comment about Fingal Bay's jumping. Looking at video form it is much improved.
By:
dunlaying
When: 27 Nov 15 17:28
One for the flutterers ( 50/1 in places) could be Splash Of Ginge. I do not think he is particularly well treated but a good claimer will help his cause and he might just be unexposed. Small stakes e/w and hope to hedge out. I don't think any of the "experts" have mentioned it which only be a good sign. Speculative.
By:
tim6
When: 27 Nov 15 19:04
like the young master but why oh why do they put SWC up hasn't he ruined enough top class horses
By:
ghostlygunner
When: 27 Nov 15 19:20
why the drift on bobs worth please? is it the ground as thought stamina wasn't an issue having won a gold cup on soft ? still think its thrown in here Cool
By:
Benjy
When: 27 Nov 15 21:24

Nov 27, 2015 -- 2:04PM, tim6 wrote:

like the young master but why oh why do they put SWC up hasn't he ruined enough top class horses

His old man is part/majority owner now isn't he?

By:
Benjy
When: 27 Nov 15 21:26

Nov 27, 2015 -- 2:20PM, ghostlygunner wrote:

why the drift on bobs worth please? is it the ground as thought stamina wasn't an issue having won a gold cup on soft ? still think its thrown in here

Could be a(nother) big day for Nico de Boinvile. All 5 of his have chances imo.

By:
CVByrne
When: 27 Nov 15 22:46
If in Doubt, First Lieutenant, Bobs Worth, Saphir Du Rheu, The Young Master, Splash of Ginge, Druids Nephew

Only horses who can win this race.

If in Doubt 25/1
Bobs Worth 10/1
First Lieutenant 70.0
Splash of Ginge 110.0

My lot. But do Fancy Saphir Du Rheu is more a 5/2 shot tbh. Tempted to take the 5/1 we'll get early tomorrow.

I'd really love If in Doubt to win, tipped him up quite a bit in recent weeks at 25/1

Best of luck all. Love this days racing and am headed off there to get soaked in rain tomorrow
By:
nocturnal
When: 27 Nov 15 22:50
Evening All
Usual conundrum of a big handicap,with seasoned horses taking on the young pretenders.
Couple stats of interest going back to 2003....only 2/12 winners aged over 7(carruthers/Denman)
Only 3/12 have carried less than 11-0 stone
Only qualifier on just those two would be the likely fav Saphir Du Rheu,fine horse,can,t help feeling hes handicapped on his hurdles form,dangerous trainer,it would take some performance to win this off 11-12,in the forecast conditions.

Always difficult to find an angle,trying to second guess trainers thoughts and horses prep,however keep coming back to one horse,if there is one well ahead of his mark I think it could be NED STARK.
Trained by A king,lovely racing weight 10-03,very few miles on the clock,all of his wins have soft in the going,he strikes me as an out and out stayer in the making,very much the type this trainer excels with.
Sent off fav for the 3 miler at the festival day 1,he was first off the bridal 2nd circuit,yet still ran to the line,on ground too quick.His prep lto behind Pendra was also eyecatching,bang there turning in on good ground,not given a hard time.
Now hes tackled a couple decent sized fields,i,m hoping he has ideal conditions to run a big race tomorrow.

Dangers a plenty,his stablemate ran eyecatcher 2014,and Theatre Guide remains well handicapped on his best form.
Regardless, lets hope they all return safely and best luck to all.
By:
dunlaying
When: 27 Nov 15 23:16
11:46 Splash Of Ginge 110?
40 at best
By:
stevo1
When: 27 Nov 15 23:31
He backed it while back Noc. Backed Fav at 5s,not confident in wide open race,real shame Coneygree not running.
By:
nocturnal
When: 27 Nov 15 23:53
Dunlaying....CV bet was antepost before decs,(page 5 this thread),I did look at the AP market that evening and SOG was around 90/1 on here with some matched above that,his other dart was not declared,risky game me thinks,plenty sat with decent vouchers.

CVB...Did not see your post,burning the midnight oil?
Good luck tomorrow,does look good cardWink
By:
stevo1
When: 28 Nov 15 00:05
Sorry Noc meant Dun, need sleep good luck Saturday all.
By:
Facts
When: 28 Nov 15 01:19
My two against the field :-

If In Doubt
The Young Master!
By:
Rydal
When: 28 Nov 15 08:23
Does anyone know if any horses were balloted out or if all got in? (Theatre Guide had Godsmejudge and Algernon Pazham below him at the forfeit stage).
By:
Autocue
When: 28 Nov 15 10:45
“We have left him in the Cheltenham Gold Cup. He is not at that level yet...”
Colin Tizzard speaking about Theatre Guide last season. Nobody would suggest he's anywhere near a Gold cup horse now but he doesn't have to be off 139. Clearly the trainer thinks he has ability and he can get one ready for a big handicap off a low weight. I just hope he can run to his best form and Paddy has been schooling him. They had a few crossed wires last time out.
By:
metro john
When: 28 Nov 15 11:13
IF IN DOUBT is a sticky jumper, but with a clear round and conditions just perfect, will take all the beating, will be staying on strong!
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 28 Nov 15 12:07
Backing Smad Place each way.
By:
Steamship
When: 28 Nov 15 13:57
Going with Fingal Bay as he was fancied last year and Hobbs won this with Whats Up Boys who had also won a big Hcap Hdl at the festival.
If In Doubt to go well possibly 4th
By:
unclepuncle
When: 28 Nov 15 14:10
Get the f**k in.Cool
By:
knot in wood
well done smad place backers-great win.
By:
FELTFAIR
Language Timothy.
By:
jollyswagman
what a performance, well done winners. i backed him ..... last year Cry
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 28 Nov 15 14:16
Boom. What a performance. So pleased for the horse.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 28 Nov 15 14:17
Only horses who can win this

Reckon you forgot one CV Plain
By:
Autocue
When: 28 Nov 15 14:18
Well done Smad Place backers. Brilliant run in those conditions. Theatre Guide struggled to jump out of the ground, hopefully won't go up much as will be of interest on better ground.
By:
knot in wood
When: 28 Nov 15 14:20
good thread-that's what the forum should be about.
By:
Giddy
When: 28 Nov 15 14:21
Wow! Superb performance! Well done backers
By:
tim6
When: 28 Nov 15 14:25
well done to all smad backers good to see horses came back safe
By:
duffy
When: 28 Nov 15 14:25
Yep well done winnersCool
By:
Facts
When: 28 Nov 15 14:39
Agreed
By:
JOCI Club
When: 28 Nov 15 15:06
Impressive. Ground had a big say.
By:
tim6
When: 28 Nov 15 16:00
also well done bloob for tipping theatre guide at 33\1 didn't even need the four places
By:
sageform
When: 29 Nov 15 07:37
Sorry if this is interpreted as after timing but I notice that If in Doubt is by Herons Island whose progeny much prefer good ground. Fingal bay was my main choice and he ran well but I did have a saver on Smad as he had beaten FB last time.
By:
betilyerded
When: 29 Nov 15 08:11
tim6 - you were right and i was wrong. SWC fell off The Young Master, I dont even think the horse made a mistake. All that anticipation for that to happen!

Very luckily I backed Smad Place e/w in the w/o fav market as i thought he couldnt be chiselled out of the first 4 and at 7's was a bet to nothing - didnt really expect him to win and in that manner. Very impressive and Alan King deserves a big pat on the back. Would love to see him in the King george but doesnt sound like he is going.
Page 5 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com