Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 203 comments are related to the topic:
HENNESSY GOLD CUP

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 203
By:
ACStafford
When: 11 Nov 15 22:30
Mullins in his RP stable tour about VVM: "She is entered for the Hennessy but that would probably be over-facing her and the race is also coming a bit soon for her. We'll find easier options for her."
By:
shockster
When: 16 Nov 15 18:18
FAVOURITE Coneygree is in danger of missing the Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury on November 28 after spreading a plate on Monday morning.

The brilliant Cheltenham Gold Cup winner had been the general 4-1 market leader for the Hennessy after a faultless return to action at Sandown eight days ago but now faces a race against time to be ready for the prestigious handicap according to connections.

"Coneygree spread a plate on his left-hind foot this morning and it's touch and go whether or not he'll be able to run in the Hennessy," trainer Mark Bradstock's wife Sara told the Racing Post on Monday evening.

'Won't be rushed'

Bradstock added: "It's a bit like getting something under your fingernail - it's very sore and quite painful but it can heal quite quickly, so we'll have to wait and see if it improves over the next couple of days or if it's something that needs to be poulticed over a longer period.

"We need to get a shoe on him by Thursday at the latest because we need to gallop him if he's to be properly ready for Newbury.

"He'll run if we can get him ready in time but we won't be rushed in his preparation and we'll know a lot more by the end of the week."

Saphir Du Rheu new favourite

In wake of the news, Saphir Du Rheu replaced Coneygree as favourite for the Hennessy with some bookmakers including Paddy Power, who make the Paul Nicholls-trained chaser 10-3 (from 5-1).
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 16 Nov 15 19:13
thanks, shockster - that's a criminal price for SDR, he'll be at the top of the handicap if Coneygree does n't run because none of those above him are planned runners - especially when you think that Denman went off at 5/1 when he won his first Hennessy on the back of winning the RSA by 10 lengths.

Not saying SDR can't win but you'll surely be able to get bigger than 10/3 on the day even if Coneygree does n't show.
By:
Fashion Fever
When: 16 Nov 15 20:33
must be tempted to gert vroom here now, would win this on the bridle for me off that weight
By:
shockster
When: 16 Nov 15 20:44
If Coneygree doesn't run weights will go up 9lb.  Saphir Du Rheu will carry 11st 12lb.  It brings in quite a few who were well out of the weights.
By:
Fashion Fever
When: 16 Nov 15 20:51
might bring pendra into play at the bottom, won with a stone in hand the other day at ascot

not sure if this is plan
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 16 Nov 15 20:59
Longsdon said in Pricewise preview it was 50-50 for Pendra but he'd discuss it with JPM and Frank Berry over (last) w/e, also said BJG would 'have to cut a leg off' to do the weight and they might look elsewhere and go back to Ascot in Dec - obviously if Coneygree misses the race and weights go up 9lbs then Geraghty would be able to ride so that might tempt them.
By:
roobuck
When: 17 Nov 15 09:37
Has it been confirmed that If in Doubt goes for this? Already have backed him but with chance that weights will go up may go in again
By:
unclepuncle
When: 17 Nov 15 11:53
Smad Place 2pt win, 1 pt place @ 10/1
By:
CVByrne
When: 17 Nov 15 12:27
I've done Bobs Worth in the Denman / Carruthers mould of seasoned horse who has been off form the previous season and has dropped to a mark 10lbs+ lower than his real level. 10/1

While If in Doubt is very well handicapped imv, I know his jumping isn't the best but I liked how he stayed on strongly in RSA and the longer trip and slower conditions would be right up his street. His jumping could be helped by carrying a low weight too. 25/1
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 17 Nov 15 13:02
Personally i couldn't help myself last night, as soon as i read that Coneygree was a possible nonner i checked oddschecker for bookies that were being very slow to react and had what i could get on each way on a few. SDG, BW, IID, SP TDN TYM HDO all at the prices they were when conney was in the race. Lovely piece of price thievery ShockedDevilMischief
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 17 Nov 15 13:06
5/1 10/1 12/1 16/1 16/1 25/1 25/1

52% win book on what looks to be the main protagonists for the Hennessy Excited
By:
CVByrne
When: 17 Nov 15 13:33
Surely Coneygree not running hampers Saphirs Chases massively as he'll have to carry top weight for a 6yo in likely soft ground.

Antepost looks good to play here as upside is, Coneygree n/r and Saphir with a huge task ahead of him with top weight.

I've had some on First Lieutenant on betfair at big price. He should me plenty over too short a trip lto that Mouse is over last seasons troubles.
By:
ACStafford
When: 17 Nov 15 13:42
Agree with that. Saphir Du Rheu should be drifting with Coneygree's participation in doubt. He won't win off top weight.
By:
buddeliea
When: 17 Nov 15 16:00
be absolutely gutted if Coneygree don't run,really looking forward to seeing him.
Always enjoy watching this race and Coneygree bowling along with top weight would be very exciting and very interesting.
Let's hope he makes it, race will be poorer without the Gold cup winner that's for sure.
By:
roobuck
When: 17 Nov 15 18:15
Indeed it will be a shame for the spectacle if Conygree doesn't make it. But his setback creates betting opportunities....
By:
buddeliea
When: 17 Nov 15 18:34
Yeh I understand that, and maybe their are some that would prefer Coneygree not to turn up for betting purposes,but as I will be there I personally am more interested in the race as a spectacle.
By:
roobuck
When: 17 Nov 15 18:37
Yep I understand that. But if he does make it, the layers will want to get him.....another opportunity if you think him good enough to defy his mark
By:
shockster
When: 17 Nov 15 18:41
I'll be there and certainly hope he runs.  Does anybody think 4/1 with a run is any good.  I feel if he does turn up the bookies will want to take him on and I might get a bit bigger. Certainly think 4/1 is fair. Maybe I'm being greedy but will wait.
By:
buddeliea
When: 17 Nov 15 18:43
Well I have already decided he's better than his rating in my mind,so I shall be backing him once I know he's a definite runner and the ground is soft.
By:
shockster
When: 17 Nov 15 18:44
It aint going to be firm Budd!
By:
TheFear
When: 17 Nov 15 18:45
Don't think the layers will want to get him if he recovers from this. Could be very minor.
By:
buddeliea
When: 17 Nov 15 18:45
I would be happy with 4 once final decs are done Shock
By:
buddeliea
When: 17 Nov 15 18:46
ha ha,yeh I know mate,bit of a stupid thing to say really.
By:
shockster
When: 17 Nov 15 18:51
Why not take the 4/1 with a run now if you'd take it on the day?
By:
buddeliea
When: 17 Nov 15 19:10
good point,and I am thinking about that,but I am also wondering if a bigger price may be around some time over the next week or so.
Just not sure to be honest....any help appreciated lads.
By:
shockster
When: 17 Nov 15 19:17
That's my thought.  I can see him on the morning being 6/1 as bookies fight for business and with the injury worry. Add to the fact bookies concessions (money back 2nd etc) I'll wait I think.
By:
roobuck
When: 17 Nov 15 19:21
FWIW I agree with shockster
By:
buddeliea
When: 17 Nov 15 20:08
yeh,makes sense I think too.
By:
ACStafford
When: 17 Nov 15 21:20
Yes, definitely wait. He'll go off shorter than 4s, but will be available at bigger in the morning.

I've got some antepost money running onto him. Every season I tell myself not to do antepost bets, as they never seem to pay their way, but I can't seem to help myself. So I'd love him to run as a punter and as a fan. I'm putting off deciding whether I'll be attending until we find out if he'll be there.
By:
shockster
When: 18 Nov 15 09:43
From DAVID YATES

CONEYGREE was last night “60-40 against” to make the Hennessy Gold Cup on Saturday week – as Leopardstown’s Lexus Gold Cup emerged as a surprise Christmas option for the star chaser.
A foot injury has placed the Cheltenham Gold Cup hero’s Newbury participation in doubt – Coneygree is now an uneasy 5-1 chance for the Hennessy - with husband-and-wife training team Mark and Sara Bradstock monitoring the eight-year-old’s progress ahead of a make-or-break gallop on Saturday.
“At the moment, I’d say he’s 60-40 against to make the Hennessy,” Sara Bradstock said last night.
“He is putting weight on the leg – his left-hind – but we are waiting to see whether it’s a bruise or an abscess.
“If it’s an abscess, we can drain it, but if it’s a bruise, it will take longer.”
A “computer glitch” meant Coneygree’s name did not appear among the entries for the William Hill King George VI Chase at Kempton Park on Boxing Day, meaning connections would have to stump up a £10,000 supplementary fee to add him to the race.
But the Lexus Chase two days later is now under consideration for Coneygree, an impressive victor at Sandown Park on his return to action 10 days ago.
“The Lexus is a race that has been won by some gallopers rather than speed horses, and it’s a very fair jumping track,” added Sara Bradstock.
By:
roobuck
When: 18 Nov 15 12:06
That doesn't sound very hopeful does it?
By:
sageform
When: 18 Nov 15 12:41
Glad I have not had an ante post bet but the handicap mark of Bobsworth does look ridiculous if he is within 10lb of his old ability.
By:
shockster
When: 19 Nov 15 11:46
Connections of Coneygree say "things are looking a lot rosier" in his race against time to be fit for the Hennessy Gold Cup on Saturday week.
The Cheltenham Gold Cup winner made an emphatic return to action at Sandown earlier in the month to set him up perfectly for the prestigious Newbury handicap.
His participation was thrown into doubt when he spread a plate on Monday morning, but an improvement in his condition meant a shoe was put on the afflicted foot on Thursday in readiness for a Sunday workout.
Sara Bradstock, assistant trainer to husband Mark, said: "We've got the shoe on and things are looking a lot rosier.
"I'm not promising anything, but it (Hennessy) is now a live possibility.
"The bruise has gone, but there is still a chance some pus could come out of the foot.
"There is also a chance the bruise could come back after we gallop him.
"He'll gallop on Sunday and we'll see how he is after that.
"We're not out of the woods yet, but we've made a step in the right direction and if things keep going as they are then hopefully we'll get there."
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 19 Nov 15 12:18
promising news - so many sub plots for when they make Coneygree The Movie

John Hurt as Mark Bradstock
Dawn French as Sara Bradstock
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 19 Nov 15 14:30
Laugh
By:
Paterson92
When: 19 Nov 15 19:54
Taken the 4/1 on Saphir Du Rheu, will be surprised if Coneygree turns up even with today's comments - they won't risk him.
By:
racingguru
When: 20 Nov 15 01:46
Coneygree a wonderful horse and made me packets at Chelt but really think they have planned the wrong route this year. Maybe he has a cast iron fortitude and it won't bottom him but there's a big chance it will.

It may win the Hennessy (I doubt it) but should he run well and there's no reason to think he won't it will take a lot out the horse on presumably soft ground.

Betfair, K.George then a mickey mouse race and/or straight to Chelt would have been my route had I owned the horse. Think he'd crush the runners in the Betfair v easily, might have a hard race in the K.George then a nice break but at least he'd be going for the million pot, and even if say Vautour,Don Cossack beat him at Kempton I reckon he would have taken a lot out of them giving him the advantage at Chelt.

Just my opinion as always!
By:
betilyerded
When: 20 Nov 15 20:24
I was convinced Coonygree was a shoo in for the race before the setback but are they seriously going to risk a gold cup winner off topweight in a handicap if he isnt 100%?

Hopefully he will run as I think The Young Master is a cracking bet off 10.00. Im on at 16's but even his revised weight would be worth a punt at 14's and think he will have a real go at it under SWC.
By:
tim6
When: 20 Nov 15 21:16
Have you seen SWC ride be lucky to get round
Page 2 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo