Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Frankelampard
07 Oct 15 13:59
| Topic/replies: 87 | Blogger: Frankelampard's blog
Some cracking names in the antepost list, Saphir Du Rheu, Coneygree, Many Clouds, Djakadam, Don Cossack, Southfield Theatre, Holywell and the list goes on. Obviously they won't all turn up but it seems little doubt that we're due a quality field.

Of those lot I think SAPHIR DU RHEU would be my play. He is very highly thought of in the Nicholls yard and he won't be carrying top weight if Coneygree or Many Clouds run. He stays well enough and seems to have a little bit of class about him. The obvious worry is his jumping but he sailed around Aintree last time out and he is in the right hands. There's a bit of 13/2 available but I'd much rather take 5s on the day knowing I was guaranteed a run.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 203
By:
mondeoboxerblue
When: 18 Oct 15 13:01
The owner of Un Ace was on atr a couple of weeks ago and said that Kim Bailey feels that his horse has a very good chance in the Hennessy. 25/1 with Bet365 at present.
By:
Fabulous
When: 18 Oct 15 13:10
Thought Puffin Billy finished last season well, and he started to look a very decent horse. Think he went off the rails a little, after looking very promising as youngster. I've bet him at 27's and 28's on here, as well as a wee bit ew at 25's with SJames.

I also like Houblon Des Obeaux, who's currently only 2lb higher than when runner up last year. He looks very appealing as an ew proposition at 33's. I've only had a small go at that price at the moment, as I suspect his price might not detract too much, but I've had a few quid on at 40's to 55's on here.
By:
sageform
When: 20 Oct 15 05:55
I can't see In Ace improving at 3 miles plus.
By:
shockster
When: 20 Oct 15 10:12
Cue Card & The Giant Bolster are now targeting this race.  Coneygree carrying top weight will interest a lot of trainers as it guarantees them "a racing weight".  If it's soft then I simply can't see anything staying with Coneygree.
By:
ashleigh
When: 20 Oct 15 17:23
r ricci keen to get a run into vroum vroum mag before the race, could be thrown in off 153. was very impressed with this mare last season.
By:
sageform
When: 21 Oct 15 13:36
Any news of Djakadam? I think he will be a very good horse this season.
By:
Fashion Fever
When: 21 Oct 15 13:51
djackadam starts in the john durkan december 6, but hes fat as carthorse right now
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 21 Oct 15 14:09
Will be great to see Vroum Vroum Mag actually have some proper competition for the first time. Who knows how good she could be? Think she looks decent value at the min, but couldnt back her until they get a run into her in Ireland, as per Ricci's comments yesterday.
By:
bigben
When: 21 Oct 15 21:39
I can see Southfield Thearte running well at a big price. I thought he ran really well in The RSA, especially considering that he suffered a nasty cut during the race.
By:
shockster
When: 22 Oct 15 09:06
I also like Southfield Theatre Bigben although P.Nicholls also has Saphir Du Rheu and he's AP Fav.  At the weights though I'd prefer Southfield Theatre and along with Coneygree they would be my picks at this stage.  However, too risky to wager and will wait.
By:
shockster
When: 22 Oct 15 10:54
Upwardly-mobile trainer Neil Mulholland is leaning towards a tilt at next month’s Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury with The Young Master, who flourished over fences last season.

The six-year-old won his first two starts over the larger obstacles to kick-off a fine campaign, before landing the Badger Ales Trophy at Wincanton by a wide-margin. The rejuvenated chaser was later disqualified from winning the Listed contest as he was not qualified for the race.

The Young Master went on to claim a more valuable contest at Ascot in December, before a long season ended with a poor showing in the RSA Chase at the Cheltenham Festival.

The Bath-based handler believes there is still plenty of improvement left in The Young Master, and he will likely aim his stable’s breakout star at the Hennessy Gold Cup following a prep run in the Champion Chase at Down Royal on Saturday week. Mulholland said: ”His big target is the Hennessy and we need to decide whether or not he runs before then.

"I probably won't even enter him for the Charlie Hall at Wetherby, but we could go to Down Royal, which would be nice as James Nicholson (sponsor) has horses with me.

"If he runs I'd obviously prefer to meet horses on level terms and the Down Royal race could cut up to only six runners and it's good prize-money.

"That is a possibility if it looks like cutting up into a small field. He'd be going to do his best, but it would be hard to fancy him.

"I'm also looking at the Hennessy for The Druids Nephew, who will start off in the West Yorkshire Hurdle at Wetherby.

"Carole's Destrier is also going for the Hennessy and he could start off in an intermediate chase at Carlisle.”
By:
betilyerded
When: 22 Oct 15 15:04
Im a Southfield Theatre man too but its worth bearing in mind that his odds on defeat at Newbury in a novice chase last season was put down to the soft ground, so would hang fire to see how the ground comes up - definitely considered a better horse on good ground.

Does anyone actually know when the entries for this and the Paddy Power come out??
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 23 Oct 15 09:32
Big fan of Southfield Theatre and was one of my main bets for cheltenham last year.

I wouldnt read too much into that Newbury run, giving weight to a mudlover in a 3 horse race. His best form does seem to be on good ground but that is what the ground was on the day, yet to prove in a top class race that he wont go on soft ground imo.

Im worried that if Nicholls runs SDR he wont run ST.
By:
SOULDANCER
When: 23 Oct 15 14:56
Last year entries for both races were out on Oct 29th, 17 days before Paddy Power.
By:
Fashion Fever
When: 28 Oct 15 01:23
they should give wounded warrior a crack off 153

would be my pick
By:
Fashion Fever
When: 01 Nov 15 18:59
surprised no chat after SDR today

beginning to look a cracker now

Coneygree (175) will have to give SDR 8lbs, SDR a 4lb pen for today will be hard off him off 167, bobs worth was 160, 167 may have been enough to stop him.

interesting the young master will get 17lbs now in the hennesy from SDR,

75% off 10 stone I gather

surley must be a good novice from last year lurking somewhere here off 10 stone ?

Be interesting to see conegree next week at sandown
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 01 Nov 15 19:06
Could be cracker of a race if Coneygree, Many Clouds, Cue Card, SDR & Southfield Theatre line up, always loved this race because it is race between last years novices and the established horses.

Tickets bought in September, £65 for the 3 days, I think Hennessey day is £48 on the door Excited
By:
Fashion Fever
When: 01 Nov 15 19:15
trever hemmings ruled out many clouds from the hennesy on racinguk today
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 01 Nov 15 19:26
I guess Many Clouds is going to take the Burton Port route, pretend to be outpaced all season Cry Hopefully he will unseat at the 2nd too. Will be interesting to see how much they get MC's rating before the GN. Thought he was a total non trier at wetherby on saturday.

Shame really, because Many Clouds could win a gold cup.
By:
sageform
When: 02 Nov 15 07:30
Can't see Cue Card getting 3.2 miles with a big weight.
By:
shockster
When: 02 Nov 15 08:26
Coneygree is rated 172 according to racing post, so anything rated below 146 will be out of the weights.  There'll be some nice horses lurking at the foot of the weights and it will also depend on how the handicapper rates the Irish challenge.  It's certainly going to be a cracker.

I'm still favouring Coneygree if it's SOFT but Paul Nicholls has a very strong hand if he plays them all.
By:
bigben
When: 02 Nov 15 09:38
Why will SDR get a penalty for yesterday. Won't he just be reassessed as the weights haven't been released yet?
By:
bigben
When: 02 Nov 15 09:42
Just released that he won't be reassessed until next week so will get a penalty.
By:
Fashion Fever
When: 02 Nov 15 12:31
many clouds was given a 4lb pen for hennesy after winning same race at carlisle last year
By:
cyclops
When: 02 Nov 15 15:41
Strange that Sherwood retreated so quickly after Saturday. From indicating that MC was prepping for the Hennessy and that he was eagerly awaiting a clash with Coneygree, receiving weight, he went off the idea straight away. Wouldn't know where he'll go now, but the confidence does seem to have drained from the camp surprisingly.
By:
marvinho
When: 02 Nov 15 20:56
Looks like SDR might go off quite short for this but he's going to have to run to quite high mark off 167 (if he gets a 4lb penalty for last run).  Whilst he looked mighty impressive at Aintree I am always wary of taking Aintree form at face value and if you ignore that race, his chase form is quite limited (last season didn't exactly go to plan!).  To put it in context, he'll be running off a higher mark than Bobs Worth and Denman in their post novice season Hennessey and they had both won an RSA.
By:
ACStafford
When: 02 Nov 15 23:05
It was Hemmings that has decided that Many Clouds won't run in the Hennessy. As far as I'm aware, Sherwood still wanted to run him, but I think Hemmings wants the whole season to revolve around trying to win another National.
By:
Fashion Fever
When: 08 Nov 15 23:00
if my calculation right then coneygree 172, sdr 167.  cant see sdr getting anywhere near coneygree with just 5lbs. if this is correct, i believe no pen for coneygree today

i guess the plan of action is to find a diamond harry type off 150 odd

cant have bobs worth at all, great to see him back thou yesterday
By:
shockster
When: 09 Nov 15 08:58
I agree about Coneygree and SDR but as weights not announced could Handicapper put Coneygree up.  Doubt he will though.  I do think Bobs Worth has a live chance though. Has won the race 2012 off 160 (now 151) and won a novice chase on this card beating Cue Card the year before, so time and venue seem perfect. Yes you have to have faith he can come back over fences (only last season was poor) but 21lb is massive and don't forget Cue Card came back to form last week. Coneygree will have at least 11st 12lb and Bobs Worth will then only have 10st 5lb.  He's never carried such a featherweight in his life.  I have taken a bit of 16/1 EW as I think he is too well handicapped. I do think Coneygree is something special though, but he will need to be a super horse to give 21lb to a back to form Bobs Worth. 16/1 is worth taking in case he's back.  I'll probably back Coneygree on the day also.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 09 Nov 15 15:16
Certainly looks like the handicapper has been really kind dropping Bobs Worth 29lbs in four runs.
By:
duncan idaho
When: 10 Nov 15 09:07
and don't forget Cue Card came back to form last week

what's that got to do with the price of butter?!
By:
shockster
When: 10 Nov 15 10:34
The point I was making is that horses can comeback (agree not all do) and think many believe Bobs Worth has gone.  Lots of people had written off Cue Card, myself included.  If Bobs Worth is back (again it is not a fact) then I can't see any horse giving him 21lb and a beating.  At 16/1 I thought it worth the risk.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 10 Nov 15 21:33
Not convinced Cue Card actually came back to form to any extent. I just think it rode like a crap early season race.
By:
ACStafford
When: 10 Nov 15 22:13
Agree with JOCI re Charlie Hall. Not convinced by the form of that race. I still think Cue Card isn't half the horse he was two years ago.

Bob's Worth hasn't really proved anything yet too in my opinion. In his recent victory one fell, the two Ferguson horses ran stinkers and Simonsig pulled far too hard and unsurprisingly didn't get home. The race fell into his lap. Admittedly he is very well treated if he returns to his old fencing form, but I personally doubt he'll ever return to within a stone of that.

Smad Place is interesting. Came fifth last year on his seasonal reappearance. King regrets not getting a run into him before it. But I suspect Coneygree will prove to be the best handicapped horse in the race. He just looks an absolute monster to my eyes.
By:
buddeliea
When: 11 Nov 15 16:17
Cue card was spot on for that,did you se his jock celebrating as they went past the post,they wanted that alright.
Not sure how fit the others were though.
Personally not letting that rule my head too much.
Probably his race of the season.
He will be interesting next time for sure!.,
By:
ashleigh
When: 11 Nov 15 16:30
weights out with don cossack an unlikely runner on 11st 12lbs. 

vroum vroum mag has 10-5, a runner at clonmel tomorrow, with what should be an easy win and 16 days before the race, ruby says the hennessy likely to come too soon for her.Sad
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 11 Nov 15 18:07
Ricci said a while back they will be aiming VVM at the hennessey and she will be running in the Mares race Clonmel as they dont wont to make the same mistake they made last season with Djackadam and going to Newbury without a run this season.
By:
shockster
When: 11 Nov 15 19:08
How did Bobs Worth go up to 153 from 151 for winning a hurdle??  Coneygree and Don Cossack win doing handstands and don't move.  Not saying at all that the latter 2 should have gone up but Bobs Worth is unjustified.  Am I wrong?
By:
ACStafford
When: 11 Nov 15 20:27
I'm fairly sure that Mullins said that VVM won't make the Hennessy this year in his stable tour. I'll check when I get home and confirm that.
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com