Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 232 comments are related to the topic:
the coppers smashing an innocent mans window

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 232
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 20 Sep 16 23:59
Shrewd dude must think if they see you take a bag full of drugs back
in your house they're f***ed when you close the front door.

No, this is where your argument becomes stupid now. As I've said previously it would have been the easiest thing in the world for the officer to say to the person in the car I smell drugs and therefore I have reasonable grounds to suspect that a criminal offence is being committed and therefore have grounds to carry out a search of the vehicle (a little bit just like the house you are talking about). If he refused then by all means I would expect he would have hacked through the vehicle and been entitled to do so. Now this may have happened we don't know. But the scenario you and Dr Crippen are defending is that he merely told him to get out the car for no apparent reason, regardless of any ground for doing so and when the guy didn't he was entitled to act in the manner he did.
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 21 Sep 16 00:00
The bottom line is SD.

They want you out the car, it's not to much to ask is it.
By:
kenny mann
When: 21 Sep 16 00:04
Exactly. SD is such an obtuse ct he's not worth arguing with.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 21 Sep 16 00:05
A lot of people in authority may want things Ron. It doesn't mean that they are entitled to get their way just because of the uniform they put on or the the title they have. The fact that people may want to get a reason for this and may want  to think that those in authority have some kind of grounds for their actions doesn't entitle those in authority to lose the plot and start smashing things up.
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 21 Sep 16 00:05
If they suspect you may or may not have committed a crime & they want to
question you about it , discussions can't take place where the potentially accused
is sitting behind the wheel of a deadly vehicle.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 21 Sep 16 00:08
Laugh It's always nice to see Kenny lighten up a thread with his predictable abuse and hatred. Good to see your still alive and still dropping in on threads with abuse rather than something of relevance.
By:
kenny mann
When: 21 Sep 16 00:11
It's quite simple, as Ron said. If police ask you to do something, you do it, as we used to do,to an extent, and the world was a better place for it.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 21 Sep 16 00:15
question you about it , discussions can't take place where the potentially accused

This is going to be my last post on this now that there is people just posting with abuse like Kenny.

Yes i totally agree. But if the police have a suspect then they can arrest them. If they believe they have committed a crime such as DQ driving they can stop and ask to see their licence. If they said you are under arrest or can we see your licence and he refused to get out the car then in my view the officer would be entitled to do so. I have already said this.  This must happen everyday throughout the UK. 

The point Dr Crippen and you are making though is that they don't have to do this and they can just stop a car, demand a person get out for no reason and smash up a car and saw threw the window if the person questions them and doesn't jump out.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 21 Sep 16 00:15

This is going to be my last post on this now that there is people just posting with abuse like Kenny.

Yes i totally agree. But if the police have a suspect then they can arrest them. If they believe they have committed a crime such as DQ driving they can stop and ask to see their licence. If they said you are under arrest or can we see your licence and he refused to get out the car then in my view the officer would be entitled to do so. I have already said this.  This must happen everyday throughout the UK. 

The point Dr Crippen and you are making though is that they don't have to do this and they can just stop a car, demand a person get out for no reason and smash up a car and saw threw the window if the person questions them and doesn't jump out.
By:
digdeep
When: 21 Sep 16 00:17
Some people go out looking for trouble he could of easily avoided it I have no sympathy for him he sounded like a bit of prat with all that gangsta attitude stuff needs to grow up.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 21 Sep 16 00:18
It's quite simple, as Ron said. If police ask you to do something, you do it, as we used to do,to an extent, and the world was a better place for it.

Ron doesn't appear to be saying that if you managed to read the thread. He seems to differentiate between whether you do what the police say depending on where you are at the time e.g in a car or a house.

Good job for managing to post something coherent without resorting to abuse though. Much obliged.
By:
kenny mann
When: 21 Sep 16 00:23
I thought he had, but not read the whole thread.

The bottom line is SD.

They want you out the car, it's not to much to ask is
it.
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 21 Sep 16 00:23
kenny mann    Joined: 29 Apr 10
Replies: 34138 21 Sep 16 00:11 

What a lovely post Happy
By:
kenny mann
When: 21 Sep 16 00:25
Good job for managing to post something coherent without resorting to abuse though. Much obliged.

You manage to be abusive, goodness knows why, on some of my animal cruelty threads.
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 21 Sep 16 00:26
a certain percent know how to behave Kenny.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 21 Sep 16 00:28
Where do you draw the line Kennny when the police ask you to do something? or for that matter anyone in a position of authority? If you don't mind me asking since you seem to be in a civil mood just now?
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 21 Sep 16 00:36
Kenny I may disagree with your preaching and hypocrisy on your threads but I don't think I've just started calling you things like chunt.
By:
kenny mann
When: 21 Sep 16 00:37
I wouldn't have a line, Shrewd. On the few occasions I've been asked to do something, I've done it, as would all sane people.
By:
kenny mann
When: 21 Sep 16 00:38
Kenny I may disagree with your preaching and hypocrisy on your threads but I don't think I've just started calling you things like chunt.

Ah, I've offended him. Bless. Wink
By:
lfc1971
When: 21 Sep 16 00:39
when an officer asks can he see your liscence it is phrased as a request but this is misleading, it is an order and you have to comply.

also when an officer asks would you step out of the car this also is phrased as a request but is also an order and you must comply

you do not have a choice in the matter, it does not matterif the weather is poor or that the policeman does not have a clear reason for asking you to step out when the officer asks will you step out of the car you have to do it.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 21 Sep 16 00:40
You must have taken it up the arse from the taxman then.
By:
kenny mann
When: 21 Sep 16 00:46
What a lovely post Happy

Thanks Ron, just something I threw in.Wink
By:
Gallivanter
When: 21 Sep 16 00:55
** SIGH ***

Wonderful thread. It's just like the old days. Happy
By:
cardifffc
When: 21 Sep 16 10:27
if I was a black man in London I don't think I would get out of the car
By:
cardifffc
When: 21 Sep 16 10:35
ron Russian.........despite your name are you a member of the BNP
By:
cardifffc
When: 21 Sep 16 10:39
or the Russian fascist party
By:
cardifffc
When: 21 Sep 16 10:45
if not ron......their hq is in harbin Manchukuo.........think you will be a great asset to them
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Sep 16 10:46
People who go around calling others racists are usually pretty racist themselves.
By:
cardifffc
When: 21 Sep 16 11:13
dr crippen...............that's a pretty stupid statement
By:
cardifffc
When: 21 Sep 16 11:15
I treat everybody the same.................whatever colour...................don't think you do somehow
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Sep 16 11:18
What this thread highlights. Is that there are people around with chips on their shoulders like Shrewd_dude and the guy in the car.  Who will obstruct the police at every opportunity.

I've got no time for these types
They usually get what they deserve.
I fully support the police useless though they are, when they take a heavy handed approach in dealing with people like them.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Sep 16 11:20
I see cardifffc wants to argue about race again.

Boring.
By:
stewarty b
When: 21 Sep 16 11:21
Has anybody got a link to this incident please?
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Sep 16 11:43
http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/17/police-officer-attacks-car-and-smashes-window-in-case-of-mistaken-identity-6134717/
By:
geordie1956
When: 21 Sep 16 11:44
dr crippen writes racism off but the policeman lost it completely & perhaps it is a relevant issue for this particular incident

irrespective of what some say on here about giving the police complete autonomy they are accountable for their actions - they are subject to the rules of law like everyone else (or should be)
By:
cardifffc
When: 21 Sep 16 11:45
dr crippen................you are a racist but there are probably millions in this country.................youre not on your own....funny how people hate being called a racist
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Sep 16 11:52
You're the true racist here cardifffc.

A glance through this thread will confirm that you're obsessed with race.
By:
stewarty b
When: 21 Sep 16 12:02
Thanks for the link Dr C. Not much to go on by watching it but if any policeman asked me to get out of my car I would happily oblige.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Sep 16 12:08
Isn't it time that racially obsessed people like cardifffc were stopped from going about calling people foul names?

If I call someone a name like the ''B'' word or the ''P'' word. I can get into serious trouble.

Yet toe-rags like cardifffc can call someone a racist with impunity, when the word is far more offensive than most of the banned words.

Time to ban the ''R'' word?
By:
stewarty b
When: 21 Sep 16 12:18
I notice the link says mistaken-identity. That's even more reason to comply with the policeman imo. Had that happened in the US the geezer could have found himself with two bullets to the head. The reason being that the police there wouldn't take the chance that he was unarmed.
Page 4 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com