Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
cardifffc
19 Sep 16 11:30
| Topic/replies: 13,025 | Blogger: cardifffc's blog
they looked like a pair of lunatics.................got to lose their jobs surely

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 232
By:
cardifffc
When: 19 Sep 16 12:28
probably get a recommendation for a George medal
By:
Back High Lay Low
When: 19 Sep 16 12:29
wait till bob cryer gets a hold of them
By:
Ramruma
When: 19 Sep 16 12:29
Too many coppers lose their rags to easily these days. Emotional stability really ought to be an entry requirement for joining the police. Otoh they'll probably say they thought he was a grade-A student with a bomb so they needed to smash the window.
By:
bigH
When: 19 Sep 16 12:38
if you got pulled over by the police, why would you refuse to get out of the car when asked?

only half the story told so far IMHO..more to come

Cops must suspect he was either DQ, no insurance, drink/drugs
By:
zorrostrikes
When: 19 Sep 16 12:46
OTT policeman, but the officer asked the guy to get out.
did the guy think it wasn't a policeman?  you do what the
officer says... showing a lack of respect for the law.
the guy could have taken off.. then it's a pursuit through
the streets. the officer should have just lit a rag and put
it in the petrol tank.????
By:
zorrostrikes
When: 19 Sep 16 12:49
the officer should carry a variety of wheel tacks to disable
a car in case the driver tries to take off. that way he an
wait out the spaz.
By:
lfc1971
When: 19 Sep 16 13:04
why has the driver not been arrested? try that kind of game in Russia and you won`t see daylight for 6 months.
By:
cardifffc
When: 19 Sep 16 13:13
big h............big dickhead
By:
bix
When: 19 Sep 16 13:57
you don't know or see what had previously gone on in this incident.
By:
cooperman
When: 19 Sep 16 14:54
Will retire on medical grounds (nap) full pension natch.
By:
bix
When: 19 Sep 16 16:28
"Innocent"   ????
By:
mokegibboni
When: 19 Sep 16 16:40
Someone told me that the police have a right to do what he did. They can break into a house if required, so why can't they break into a car? May need a warrant first, but not sure if that's always a requirement.
By:
flag of goats
When: 19 Sep 16 16:48
Seemed a bit odd to see the copper start sawing chunks out of the windscreen for no obvious reason.
The whole thing looked dreadful.
By:
cardifffc
When: 19 Sep 16 17:07
but the guy was completely innocent..........
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 19 Sep 16 17:21
^He wasn't innocent of not getting out of his car when he was told to by a police officer.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 19 Sep 16 17:32
Why did he lock himself in his car?
He was trying to wind the copper up, while videoing his reaction.

I don't think any action should be taken against the copper at all.

They might consider giving the police heavier staffs though on that evidence.

The one he was using didn't seem up to the job of smashing a windscreen.
By:
Just Checking
When: 19 Sep 16 18:06
Is this for real or a troll? How does the copper know he's innocent or not?
If he doesn't want to get out, ae the copper and his colleague supposed to stand their the rest of their shift waiting on him complying? And if he still doesn't get out, another shift comes along and wait, pleading with him and offering him sweets or maybe a trip to toy'r'us if he behaves?

The police can step out of line but here I don't see the problem, the bell end here is the smug t1t filming with the mobile looking forward to his 15 minutes fame on social media.
By:
Just Checking
When: 19 Sep 16 18:07
"stand there", I don't want the spelling police tapping on my window!
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 19 Sep 16 18:30
Don't see how anyone can form an opinion either way on this without knowledge of what happened before the recording started.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 19 Sep 16 18:59
Shrewd_dude,

We heard the copper tell him to get out of the car.
Then we saw him still sitting there arguing and taking the pee instead of getting out of the car.

What more was there to take into consideration?
By:
vindaloo
When: 19 Sep 16 19:10
the cops face when trying to smash the windscreen says it all....
By:
Reynard
When: 19 Sep 16 19:38
Misread thread title and thought it said "coppers smashing an innocent mans widow" !

I wouldn't put that beyond them either Sad
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 19 Sep 16 20:02
DR Crippen I would have expected the police officer to have told him the basis for why he was stopped and why they wanted him out the car.

If they did this then it's very much different than stopping someone telling them to get out and then hitting his car and sawing through the window just because he doesn't do what you say.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 19 Sep 16 20:02
DR Crippen I would have expected the police officer to have told him the basis for why he was stopped and why they wanted him out the car.

If they did this then it's very much different than stopping someone telling them to get out and then hitting his car and sawing through the window just because he doesn't do what you say.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 19 Sep 16 20:09
Shrewd_dude,

I would have expected the suspect to get out of the car when he was told to get out.

Not start negotiating with the police officer behind a locked door.

The copper hasn't got any case to answer. The suspect wasn't prepared to cooperate so the police officer took appropriate action.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 19 Sep 16 20:14
''just because he doesn't do what you say.''

And there you have it from Shrewd_dude. Total disrespect for the law.

He can't see why he should have to comply with the wishes of a police officer.

Well my friend, remember that if you ever have to call the police to protect you.

If you've got no respect for them, don't complain if they treat you with the same lack of respect.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 19 Sep 16 20:16
So you think the police can just pull people over without any grounds and demand they do stuff without the police giving any basis for it?

If they though he was a disqualified driver then why not do what police do and ask for his licence. 1 minute later they would have established whether he was disqualified and who he was. They may have done this and and the driver argued but if they haven't the car driver was perfectly entitled to ask questions and the police officer has acted like a total maniac.

It's not the Wild West any more Dr Crippen.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 19 Sep 16 20:18
Sorry I now see that you think that what a police officer says is the law and as such there is no point in discussing things with someone who makes clueless statements like that.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 19 Sep 16 20:28
So you think the police can just pull people over without any grounds and demand they do stuff without the police giving any basis for it?

The police have always got grounds to pull a driver over.

I've been pulled over and always fully comply with the wishes of the police.
They always apologise for any inconvenience caused, and wish me good day or goodnight.

That's the way it works in a civilised society.

It's only when the police are dealing with barrack room lawyers or nutters that the trouble starts. 

You're heading for a fall with your attitude towards the police Shrewd_dude.

We should be reading about you getting your windscreen smashed in by a copper before long.
By:
Reynard
When: 19 Sep 16 20:43
Are the police totally unaware that there is a warrant for your arrest on the grounds that you murdered your wife and have obviously dodged the hangmans noose ?
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 19 Sep 16 20:52
I've got that covered Reynard.

Simply show the police a bit of respect when they question you and they invariably let you off.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 19 Sep 16 20:54
Yes they have the right to stop and question a person at any time. They have to have grounds to demand a person does stuff e.g they are entitled to see his licence under the RTA or search if they have ground or detain/arrest a person if they have grounds.

If you wish to comply with a police officer asking you to get out a car without them giving any basis that's up to you it's your personal decision. But to suggest that anyone who might want to question the police basis for this should be met with a police officer becoming agreesive, battering their car and sawing a hole in the windscreen is ridiculous. It's not a police state we live in.

As I've said we don't know whether the police officer did act correctly prior to the recording of the video but to suggest that there is nothing wrong with the officers actions if the recording started when he approached the car beggars belief. To then suggest that is the way it works in a civilised society is laughable.
By:
Injera
When: 19 Sep 16 21:12
2 points.

The driver's inaction when the 'sawing' began was very odd. Can we presume it wasn't his car being sawn?!

The copper sawing thru the windscreen was a bit childish.
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 19 Sep 16 21:22
Have they said whether the car owner was White or Black?
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 19 Sep 16 21:24
He sounds black.
By:
dixie
When: 19 Sep 16 21:26
Was the car black or white?
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 19 Sep 16 21:27
That's what i thought.

but you never know days
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 19 Sep 16 21:28
Just trying to paint a picture before i take sides
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 19 Sep 16 21:31
tbh if i was told to get out of a car by an officer & i never & what happened
happened, id expect to be the one in the wrong.

Couldn't he have busted a back window? (if it had one)

Seems a bit silly trying to go through the windscreen
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com