Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 232 comments are related to the topic:
the coppers smashing an innocent mans window

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 232
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 20 Sep 16 22:15
If there's anyone with a chip on their shoulder it looks like the policeman. Small man syndrome all over. You seem to have an issue with people expecting police officers to act in the interests of the public and do their job. .
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 20 Sep 16 22:19
Not sure of the percentages but perhaps it's just a case of crime more likely
to be committed by blacks rather than whites hence the officers eagerness.

i miss read i thought someone said he was a disqualified driver
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 20 Sep 16 22:19
If there is a lesson to be learned here it's until the police start wearing vest cameras you should probably make an attempt to try and film them to make sure that they are accountable for their actions. We wouldn't be even speaking about this if the quick thinking and cool headed driver of the car hadn't had the nous to whip out his mobile phone and film the actions of the potentially hot headed over zealous police man.
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 20 Sep 16 22:26
& another factor seeing as there's next to no white people left in London
hardly surprising blacks & muslims will be pulled up more surely.

It is a bit of a joke, the Police dare not touch a muslim & if they pull a black
driver/walker up they're accused of being racist / deliberately targeting the individual because of their colour!

Good luck with that one, broken Britain 2016 Laugh
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 20 Sep 16 22:31
The only lesson to be learned from this, is that when a copper tells you to get out of your car you get out.
If you can't see that you're heading for a fall Shrewd_dude.

You seem to regard the police as the enemy.

No doubt you have your reasons for that.

I don't have any such issues with the police.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 20 Sep 16 22:45
I don't have any issues with the police Dr Crippen. I have respect for the job they do but as their job is to act in the public interest and they are public servant I expect them to act in a respectful manner to the public. If a police officer told me to get out my car, out my house or suck him off I would ask him what the issue is here and what the basis for the stop, coming to my front door or request for sexual favours was. You may be willing to comply with their every order/needs in order to satisfy them but that doesn't mean everybody else should and if they don't should be subject to such behavior.

In my view this looks like the officer has simply lost the rag becuase he has stopped someone without having decided the reason to do so then has lost it becuase the person has simply decided to question the reasons for doing so rather than act like a Dr Crippen.

It would have been the easiest thing in the world to make up a reason to ask the  driver to leave the car even if their wasn't a valid one e.g I smell drugs step out the car for a search, given your driving we suspect you may be intoxicated  so please step out to be breathalysed. On the basis of the video though ( and as I've said previously I'm not discounting this didn't happen before the video started) he seem to have went mental at the mere audacity of the driver to question the reason for being stopped and asked him to get out the car and can't even mumble a simply bullshit reason to justify him getting out the car.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 20 Sep 16 22:48
My only issue with the police is that there aren't enough officers like the one in the video.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 20 Sep 16 22:50
I don't have any issues with the police Dr Crippen

Apart from turning every request from an officer into a debate.
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 20 Sep 16 22:51
He tells him quite clearly "you shouldn't be driving the car"

they can't be right all the time, but if that was what he was being told/thinking at the
time he has to act on it & do his job.

Its like black people only think they should be pulled up or stopped if they are
actually doing something wrong,
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 20 Sep 16 22:53
This would have been a far shorter discussion if you had just said from the start you had a hardon for the guy. I've obviously been misinterpreting the root of your arguement from the start.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 20 Sep 16 22:56
Apart from turning every request from an officer into a debate.

This is the first time you have said something correct on this whole thread. Yes it is a request. That's all it is.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 20 Sep 16 22:57
He tells him quite clearly "you shouldn't be driving the car"

So?
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 20 Sep 16 22:57
The guy wasn't driving the car at the time.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 20 Sep 16 22:58
This would have been a far shorter discussion if you had just said from the start you had a hardon for the guy

Well you've obviously got a hard on for the chap in the car giving the copper lip.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 20 Sep 16 23:02

So when you pull over you're not driving the carCry
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 20 Sep 16 23:02
Obviously not. Never even seen the guys face. Plus I've not stated

My only issue with the police is that there aren't enough officers like the one in the video.
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 20 Sep 16 23:03
if your a suspected disqualified driver i don't think it means you can still
be in a car on the public highway.

Same as DD actually in the car (without moving) you'll still get done in most cases, so the
Coppers got to act on how he felt/thought at the time
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 20 Sep 16 23:04
Of course you haven't stated that. That's my stance.

You're defending the guy in the car remember?
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 20 Sep 16 23:08
Just in case anyone has forgot what the Polices job is..

the civil force of a state, responsible for the prevention and detection of crime and the maintenance of public order.

If you can't question certain types what hope we got,
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 20 Sep 16 23:09

So when you pull over you're not driving the carCry

Yes. Sitting in a stationary vehicle isn't driving at ,as I said the, time. Even the Road traffic act differentiates between driving (car moving) and being 'in charge of the vehicle' (car sitting stopped). As you say he was pulled over.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 20 Sep 16 23:09
The copper told him to get out the car, and instead he started arguing.

He'd got his camera running, so he was setting the copper up to film his reaction.

He'd also locked himself in the car.

I reckon the driver must have been Shrewd_dude the way he's defending him.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 20 Sep 16 23:12
Of course you haven't stated that. That's my stance.

You're defending the guy in the car remember?

I am not defending anyone. If your remember I said that without knowing what happened before the video commenced I don't see how anyone can take a position. I was then challenged by you on the basis that regardless of what happpened before the video started the policeman was perfectly entitled to act as he did on the basis that he said "get out the car" and the person didn't jump out immediately therefore the officer was fully entitled to start sawing his car open.
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 20 Sep 16 23:14
If a copper tells me to get out the car, i get out?

what is there to question here ffs?
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 20 Sep 16 23:15
People with chips that are trouble making ****s basically?

that's what we're on about ain't we
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 20 Sep 16 23:16
That's up to you Ron. If you will do anything that someone in a uniform asks you to do then good for you.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 20 Sep 16 23:19
If you lock yourself in your car after a police officer has told you to get out, then the copper has every right to smash his way into the car.

Full marks to the copper.

I feel that Shrewd_dude is defending the driver for some other reason than he's admitting here.
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 20 Sep 16 23:21
Why wouldn't you/i?

Unless your hiding something there's no reason to not abide by the laws
of the land your/we're lucky enough to be living in.

i know for certain i wouldn't be acting like a complete pr@t locking myself
inside my car when an officers told you to get out.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 20 Sep 16 23:22
If you lock yourself in your car what did you expect the copper to do?

Say please.

Stroll on.
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 20 Sep 16 23:23
Laugh
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 20 Sep 16 23:25
He's locked himself in, there's nothing more we can do here
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 20 Sep 16 23:33
If a police officer turned up at your front door just now and told you to leave your house and let him in what would you do?
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 20 Sep 16 23:35
Yes he's locked himself in.

We'd better let this one go - he's not cooperating and we don't want to cause any trouble.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 20 Sep 16 23:37
If you lock yourself in your car what did you expect the copper to do?

Very simple. Explain what he wants you to do and the reason for this. It's very simple. It happen on numerous occasions everyday without the officer commanding someone to leave their car then sawing through their window when they are questioned.

I'll add the caveat (that I have stated previously) that I'm not even sure if this is what happened because we don't know what happened before the video started but this is the scenario that Dr Crippen is trying to present as acceptable.
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 20 Sep 16 23:37
at your homes different, to a degree.

he was in a public area so if they thought there was an obvious crime being
committed what else can they do but ask questions?
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 20 Sep 16 23:40
It's no different. You have made the point that in your view a person should do what they are commanded to do whenevr the police ask them to do it and if they don't you have questioned why they wouldn't. So what would you do?
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 20 Sep 16 23:43
he was in a public area so if they thought there was an obvious crime being
committed what else can they do but ask questions?

It's not clear if they thought an obvious crime was being committed because otherwise they should have explained this to him (i.e your under arrest) and presumably arrested him and they didn't ask questions, the officer asked him to leave the car then started smashing up the car.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 20 Sep 16 23:45
I think Shrewd_dude should check his car insurance to see if he's got windscreen cover.

He's going to need it the way he's shaping up.
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 20 Sep 16 23:46
They'd already give him a reason they suspected (ie he shouldn't be driving the car)

That's a reason to comply with the law & prove you are! quite simple really when normal
people deal with a situation like this.

@ your home again you'd obviously be looking for a serious reason for them
to want to enter & again you would need to prove otherwise
By:
Ron-Russian
When: 20 Sep 16 23:52
Shrewd dude must think if they see you take a bag full of drugs back
in your house they're f***ed when you close the front door.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 20 Sep 16 23:53
The Dr now avoiding the questions.

Ron the law is to provide proof of driver licence when required. He was never asked for this. How can he prove he is qualified if not asked for it.

The officer said 3 times get out the car then said "you are not allowed to drive it" 2 secs before he hit the car with his baton. "your are not allowed to drive it" could mean anything e.g I'm not allowing you to drive it becuase I'm about to hit your car with a baton as I've lost it.

Your home is no different Ron if you are using an arguement saying you should comply with whatever the police say becuase that's what people should do.
Page 3 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com