Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 358 comments are related to the topic:
*** Arkle Chase ***

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 9  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 358
By:
ashleigh
When: 11 Feb 19 16:49
dynamite dollars misses the race due to injury.Sad
By:
Hibore
When: 11 Feb 19 17:40
Kalashnikov 6/1 E/W bet to nothing now.
By:
johnslad
When: 11 Feb 19 18:03
Do urself a favour and put nothing on it
By:
Mystic Wind
When: 11 Feb 19 18:06
Gutted. DD wasn't my biggest winner in the race but he was a horse I liked/followed and imo was the most likely winner.

The biggest danger to Le Richebourg is now out of the way; he's my biggest winner (although somewhat fortuitously, having backed him early in the season to win 'any race' at a big price thinking he'd most likely run in the JLT, it doesn't often work out like that!).
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 11 Feb 19 18:29
Dynamite Dollars has raced 5 times this season, winning 4 novice chases including a Grade One and two Grade Twos.

Given it's described as a training setback as opposed to something which occurred during a race - at least connections won't be ruing putting all their eggs in the Cheltenham basket.
By:
impossible123
When: 13 Feb 19 19:16
If the ground is good the biggest danger to Le Richebourg is Lalor, I believe' Kalashnikov will possibly go the JLT otherwise he'd be run-off his feet over 16f on good ground. If the ground is super soft Lalor will be an absentee, and probably saved for Aintree.
By:
Hibore
When: 14 Feb 19 11:52
The ground will be soft maybe good/soft soft in places. Cheltenham have already been under fire for horse welfare.
By:
impossible123
When: 14 Feb 19 14:35
If so, Le Richebourg and Kalashnikov at the business end given a clear round of jumping; soft will inconvenience Lalor, I believe.
By:
duffy
When: 15 Feb 19 13:58
Must be the Arkle for Glen Forsa I'd have thought now
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 15 Feb 19 14:02
yeah that was impressive
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 15 Feb 19 14:05
and if he jumps and travels like that then he is going to have a fair few shovelling coal before the last turn  the arkle
By:
Fourgoldcups
When: 15 Feb 19 18:39
Rarely bet decent £ in the Arkle but grabbed the 14/1 straight after it passed the post. It is possible that both a 152 and a 139 rated horse have not run to form but the latter was beaten a fence! Like most decent Arkle horses he stays further. Also like the aggressive tactics which are bound to be employed.
By:
Hibore
When: 21 Feb 19 20:19
Plenty of money for Glen Forsa over last 48 hrs. I was blown away with his performance at Sandown and went down to see him after the race. What a beast of a horse.

I can see him leading all the way if Knocknanuss goes to the JLT or waits for Aintree. If he runs I think you’ll struggle to get 3/1 on the day.
By:
jfromthewells
When: 21 Feb 19 20:32
Cilaos Emery , schooled at Navan and has ligament damage and will not be travelling to Cheltenham
By:
jfromthewells
When: 21 Feb 19 20:32
Cilaos Emery , schooled at Navan and has ligament damage and will not be travelling to Cheltenham
By:
irishone
When: 21 Feb 19 20:53
Glen forsa at chepstow was novicey over the three miles looked tired coming to the second last and alomst blew it. How he beat kalasnikov over 16f recently is a bit of a stunner. Between those two races he has won over 20f..... Signs are good
By:
irishone
When: 21 Feb 19 20:54
Think the chepstow cou
By:
irishone
When: 21 Feb 19 20:57
Think the chepstow track was soft\heavy on the day , but couldn't get out on it, good performance didn't see Mick there , was he at sandown ?
By:
impossible123
When: 21 Feb 19 21:31
Can anyone envisage Kalashnikov capturing this regardless of ground? If good or better I believe he'd be run off his feet; on soft he was comprehensively beaten by Glen Forsa, and would have no chance of avenging his defeat over the same distance, all things being equal; his achilles heel is his ability to jump consistently well to match his adversaries in the race. Yet connections are still favouring this over the longer trip JLT despite the drubbing in his latest race.
By:
johnslad
When: 21 Feb 19 21:51
Are they related to u
By:
resner not lesnar
When: 21 Feb 19 21:51
Is Cilaos Emery definitely out? I read about this on Sporting Life earlier but it said they wouldn’t know for a few days.
By:
johnslad
When: 21 Feb 19 21:56
According to Willie was pulled muscle at 1st but then found ligaments damaged so out
By:
resner not lesnar
When: 21 Feb 19 22:01
Certainly the price on betfair suggests that. Had seen the original report about pulled muscle but not seen anything since then where did you see that?
By:
johnslad
When: 21 Feb 19 22:37
RP report of open day yesterday maybe still on site
By:
johnslad
When: 21 Feb 19 22:38
Sorry late reply at work here
By:
resner not lesnar
When: 21 Feb 19 22:54
No worries. Sounds right given the price. Disappointing as I thought he’d go close. Also as a race it’s started to fall apart a bit with both him and Dynamite Dollars out and Kalashnikov and Defi potentially going for the JLT
By:
differentdrum
When: 22 Feb 19 01:27
They have virtually committed Glen Forsa to this race.

Crazy to think winning a two horse race on soft ground on a totally different track (plenty of quick fences) and with the second favourite running well below his best somehow makes him a two miler.

The JLT is there for the taking but in all likelihood he gets beat in the Arkle and never runs over the trip again. Surely nobody sees him as a potential Champion Chase winner?
By:
Deptford
When: 24 Feb 19 13:03
Cant have Glen Forsa at all, they should run in JLT, front two in market for me, shame about Cilaos, thought had great chance
By:
ACStafford
When: 24 Feb 19 21:04
This is looking a really poor renewal now. Le Richebourg is the form pick over fences, but this tends to go to a horse that was a good novice hurdler. I'm not ruling him on that, but it concerns me a little that he was allowed to go off at 33/1 in the County off 145 last year and was well beaten. Connections can't have thought that much of him then. I don't like Lalor's preparation. Glen Forsa looked good against Kalashnikov, but that one didn't jump at all there and I'm not convinced this is the right race. I feel like I need to find one at a big price to play each way.
By:
differentdrum
When: 24 Feb 19 21:36
Ground the biggest issue for Le Richebourg. If you haven't watched last year's County Hurdle have a look because if I remember correctly he tanked into the race, made a mistake and then didn't get home on the ground. Much better than that placing indicated. A lot will depend on how much they doctor the track on the first day. Hopefully, we are talking the good side of good to soft.
By:
irishone
When: 24 Feb 19 22:38
Spot on diff, deffo needs the word good in the going
By:
impossible123
When: 25 Feb 19 09:51
Have we lost Le Richebourg? He's not the in the betting; Lalor is fav.
By:
impossible123
When: 25 Feb 19 09:58
Joseph confirmed Le Richebourg suffered a season-ending injury after work.
By:
ACStafford
When: 25 Feb 19 10:32
This race really has fell apart now. Can't ever remember such a poor Arkle.
By:
impossible123
When: 25 Feb 19 10:39
Nothing to write about; the main protagonists are ground dependent too. The Champion Chase next year will be up-for-grabs if Altior retires, goes King George and/or Gold Cup.
By:
buddeliea
When: 25 Feb 19 10:42
Defi may run in this now?
By:
ACStafford
When: 25 Feb 19 10:43
Ah yes Budd. Hadn't considered that. I'd fancy him for this.
By:
impossible123
When: 25 Feb 19 10:53
Indeed, Defi is more likely, and been backed too with Kalashnikov going the other way perhaps as it's easier to win; if good ground (unlikely given Clerk of Course) Defi and Kalashnikov will be eaten for breakfast, I believe.
By:
ACStafford
When: 25 Feb 19 11:20
I don't think McManus has anything else for the JLT, so would they want to reroute when that race doesn't look any harder and he's been campaigned towards it? I must admit I thought the Arkle would be better for him after the Dipper, but he seemed to get the trip fine when ridden with more restraint next time out. Have Frank Berry or Alan King made any quotes regarding Defi since the news?
By:
impossible123
When: 25 Feb 19 12:00
The 2m pace could be 1/2 a stride too quick for Defi on good/good to soft going; soft could play into his hands as Lalor could be absent, and Kalashnikov unlikely to be effective over the same trip and condition similar to those he was annihilated by Glen Forsa last time.
Page 4 of 9  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com