Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 358 comments are related to the topic:
*** Arkle Chase ***

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 9 of 9  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 358
By:
irishone
When: 19 Apr 20 13:06
Correct .....
By:
irishone
When: 19 Apr 20 13:12
As for Imp absolutely clueless, cashed out on defi when it won, puts down mullins at every opportunity to his cost, says he doesnt trade when he does, then says he will neverpost again if Found wins the Arc.....correct as usual FFS needs to stay with you and the morons on fat jockey hibore LaughLaugh
By:
impossible123
When: 19 Apr 20 14:12
I was impressed with Shishkin as he still managed to win despite everything went wrong in the race. My only reservation is I'm no fan of Abacadabras; 4/1 is a bit skinny. But, come Dec 2020 he'll be much shorter or winning his 1st chase and jumping well eg 7/4 or less; definite an odds-on shot on his debut, all things being equal.

Shishkin and Envoi Allen - the two bankers for 2021 if running in their age group. Now, I might have put the mockers on them. Head above parapet...oh well such is life.
By:
Hibore
When: 19 Apr 20 14:29
Exactly Imp, 4/1 is price you can put some early patents on...nothing too serious. Santini 17/2, Sishkin, Envoi and same bet with Champ. Nice return for £5 ew patent.

When I need to know which Wetherspoons is best I’ll consult you Irish Wink
By:
impossible123
When: 19 Apr 20 14:51
Loads of Irish nationals in Ganley's a bar and restaurant joint in Morden just next to a branch of 'Paddies' esp at Cheltenham some one could barely understand even before the drinking.
By:
Hibore
When: 19 Apr 20 14:58
I was in there this year Imp. Paul Kealy was out of his tree by 9pm and no one could understand him either.
By:
irishone
When: 19 Apr 20 15:21
Mr Ganley a wanderer from this parish, took the road signs with him LaughLaugh
By:
irishone
When: 19 Apr 20 15:23
4\1 shishkin ...eleven momths out ,putrid price,  do you guys never learn ?
By:
Hibore
When: 19 Apr 20 15:34
I wouldn’t say it’s a putrid price but agree it’s a bit skinny. 6/1 would be fair if you want a decent single bet at this stage.
If you think it will be 6/4 or less on the day of course.
By:
impossible123
When: 19 Apr 20 15:47
Were you? I've never eaten at Ganley's, but I'd hear the Irish folks when I was shopping across the road or Holland and Barrett. I was in 'Paddies' next door to watch Shishkin win The Supreme. I think Ganley's was pretty quiet after the race.

Another Irish bar that was popular with the Irish folks was the Ramble Inn in Tooting. That was a couple of decades ago when I used to spend a significant time with friends during the Festival in Amen Corner Tooting quite close to Ladbrokes. And, it's still there...probably still is busy.
By:
FatPunt
When: 19 Apr 20 15:52
Shishkin does seem the the likeliest winner at this early stage but 4/1 is very short in my opinion. Two others of interest at slightly bigger prices would be Pic Dorhy  and Klassical Dream. Fences was always going to be the long-term plan for Pic Dorhy and seems to have a very good engine. I would have to see the latter of the two perform a decent round of fencing before getting involved financially though.
By:
Hibore
When: 19 Apr 20 15:58
Cheltenham preview night is the only time I go there each year. I’ll give it a miss next time as panel was poor.
Food is good though Laugh
By:
Desmond Orchard
When: 22 Apr 20 14:25
I know Shiskin had a rough old time of it, but DR did well to stay in the plate at the second last on Abracadabras and was in front way before they wanted to. The pair of them pulled well clear and I don’t think there’s a lot between them. Unless they have different targets, I’m not sure why one is 4/1 and the other 16/1? If you think that that form is solid and there’s no reason not to, the Abra is the one to be on surely?
By:
Hibore
When: 22 Apr 20 14:31
Abacadabras is staying hurdling and being aimed at the Champion Hurdle according to trainer.
By:
irishone
When: 22 Apr 20 20:46
Wrong again
Not gordon
But a reporter quoting him
Next week a different reporter
Will quote him differently
Cop on ffs
By:
Hibore
When: 22 Apr 20 21:22
Oh dear....who said what ? Father Jack is back from another bender Laugh

From Oddschecker who use multiple sources.

ABACADABRAS is the one to take out of the two races in question and, as it was only his fifth race over hurdles, there is a fair possibility he’ll keep on improving. Additionally, all the post-race chat from his connections’ strongly indicated he’s likely to stay over hurdles - and at the two-mile trip - for next season and if that does turn out to be the case, he has the all the makings of a very interesting contender for the Champion Hurdle. Although he handled the testing ground in the Supreme well enough, he’d be extremely unfortunate if he were to encounter similar conditions should he make the gig a year on and that bodes well for a horse whose main weapon is his sharp turn of foot. Likely to stay on home soil until March, the Grade 2 WKD Hurdle at Down Royal is likely to be his first port of call (same race as stable mate Coeur Sublime won this season) and providing he comes through that race with flying colours, the two big Grade 1’s at Leopardstown are then a strong possibility. As there doesn’t appear to be too many strong candidates in this department in his own back yard at present, these sort of races should be well within his grasp and then it should be all systems go in his bid to provide The Gigginstown Stud operation with their first Champion Hurdle winner.
By:
irishone
When: 23 Apr 20 07:13
Oddschecker use multiple sources ?

Wouldn't be bookmakers would they ?  LaughLaughLaugh
By:
Hibore
When: 23 Apr 20 10:39
So the bookies are double bluffing us by offering Arkle prices of 16/1 - 25/1 on a horse beaten a nose in the Supreme when Shishkin is 4/1 for the same race. Fill yer boots then....

I wish I was your bookie Laugh
By:
irishone
When: 23 Apr 20 17:59
Wrong again

Shiskin won by a head not a nose
By:
Hibore
When: 23 Apr 20 18:13
You probably had a better view from the Best mate enclosure......when you have been wined and dined by Paddy Power in their box for 3 hours your memory can be a bit hazy.
By:
irishone
When: 23 Apr 20 21:38
Wrong again... I was in tatts

Drunken ramblings tonight as well !
By:
Quevega06
When: 26 Apr 20 19:58
Klassical Dream must have a serious chance in this if jumping a fence this year which I assume he will.. Should have went last year and ran in a poor Arkle
By:
sageform
When: 06 Nov 20 17:31
Allmankind threw his hat into the ring for the 2021 Arkle today.
By:
impossible123
When: 06 Nov 20 17:53
Shiskin is the one unless one of last season's Champion Hurdle contenders excel in this discipline; Shishkin and Envoi Allen for a short-price double for the Festival.
By:
ronnie rails
When: 06 Nov 20 19:49
Impossible

put up a thread on horse racing skybet request a bet last week Shishkin and envoi to remain unbeaten in the season 33/1

hope you are well
regards
Ronnie.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 06 Nov 20 20:38
yes ronnie the proviso being at least 3 runs each
By:
ronnie rails
When: 06 Nov 20 20:43
Foyleswar

correct I up so far just thought they will run in a couple of micky mouse races till March.

hope you are well
regards
Ronnie.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 06 Nov 20 20:55
fine ronnie hope you are too, off for at least a month ron my son is a manager of a billies ,hope you are getting 100% of wages on the lockdown from joes , gotta say billies treated my son well on the last lockdown he got 100% from them,cant complain !
By:
ronnie rails
When: 06 Nov 20 21:11
Foylsewar

fine thank you
Joes paid me 100% last time and the same this time Corals have always been good to me invited me to boxes at Ascot Cheltenham Sandown and York.
regarding the bet in question what price do  you think  Shiskhin will be on its first 3 starts.

Ronnie.
By:
ronnie rails
When: 06 Nov 20 21:13
Sorry
2 starts
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 06 Nov 20 21:20
prob unbackable 3s on or something ronnie hendo will want to give him a nice easy run around in a small field
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 06 Nov 20 21:22
if all goes as expected next race he will be odds on, then the arkle .
By:
ronnie rails
When: 06 Nov 20 21:26
Foyleswar

I can see the double in March paying 3/1
regards
Ronnie.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 06 Nov 20 21:32
its possible ronnie, plenty will want to avoid envoi and go rsa .
By:
impossible123
When: 07 Nov 20 06:31
Thanks. I've a few @11/1 win double (any race) and more with 'sly' and 'billies'. I hope it materialises.
By:
buddeliea
When: 17 Nov 20 21:05
Shishkin could debut Monday at Kempton, very excited to see that.
By:
sageform
When: 20 Nov 20 20:52
It will be interesting but as Pic D'ory ran today, he is unlikely to be stretched. Eldorado Allen and Allmankind still my Arkle horses.
By:
impossible123
When: 20 Nov 20 21:54
Nico is jocked up for Shishkin at Kempton on monday. If jumping slickly and winning convincingly his already measly Cheltenham price could half, I reckon.
By:
ronnie rails
When: 23 Nov 20 13:55
the 33/1 not a bad bet

have a good day
regards
Ronnie.
Page 9 of 9  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply