Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
KittyWells
29 Dec 12 17:10
| Topic/replies: 77 | Blogger: KittyWells's blog
Well done to the Leopardstown executive for putting on a truly memorable four day festival.  Congratulations are due to Nessa Joyce who performed magnificently and to Pat Keogh the CEO.  Credit also to RTE for the excellent coverage by Robert and Ted.  Not covering today's card was, however a negative, meaning many people could not see Ruby do it again on Hurricane Fly and Patrick breaking the record.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 219
By:
dj876
When: 29 Dec 12 17:11
Fairly obvious ,your an attention seeker and enjoying the pretense of people thinking your Katie Walsh.
By:
Dan Chipowski
When: 29 Dec 12 17:18
I agree with the above. ^
By:
Santry
When: 29 Dec 12 17:20
Its getting tiresome.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 29 Dec 12 18:22
Three mean spirited replies,how you can be bothered by a fairly anodyne post is surprising.What is it about female posters that causes such hostility and paranoia here?
By:
dj876
When: 29 Dec 12 18:35
Why do you think the poster is female Wildman??You of all posters should know that a username's gender is not always as the username suggests.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 29 Dec 12 18:40
While i accept that Miss Limerick is not female but would be surprised if Kitty Wells was not as she posts like a woman but why so hostile,there is nothing offensive in any of her posts,she lokes the Walsh family what the heck is wrong with that i like them as well.
By:
dj876
When: 29 Dec 12 18:50
Not my kind of thread,I will leave it you and your comrades but fairly obvious that the poster became a lot more active when others suggested that it was Katie-the threads started after the initial comments(which go back to the poster's initial posts)all attempt to indicate that it's Katy posting.

1.01 = Poor Windup
By:
dj876
When: 29 Dec 12 18:53
Maybe "Kitty"/Gillian just got your WPM thread deleted-didn't think there was anything new in it,same old stuff you have been banging on about for months.

How did your punting go over christmas wildman?
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 29 Dec 12 18:57
Well if it is a windup you were the first to jump in no doubt expecting the usual crew to join in the tormenting but now having met some unexpected opposition you are skulking away,your undoubted knowledge is your only saving grace.
By:
dj876
When: 29 Dec 12 19:01
Wildman-I have no interest in non-racing threads on here(and couldn't care less about "the usual crew" etc).I just have a low patience threshold for inane threads-WD Ted,Wd Ruby,WD Ted(junior)etc
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 29 Dec 12 19:02
I was surprised it was deleted so fast,how you can think it was the same old stuff as it mainly was about the ITBA Mares Hurdle is another mystery,for those who missed the original post have a look at the ride Glens Music got.
By:
moneypenny
When: 29 Dec 12 19:06
your spot on about the ride gm got wmfb- as blatant as you like imho
By:
dj876
When: 29 Dec 12 19:07
I was inferring to your comments about Wp.Mullins putting away punters on his RP article.
I watched the mares race very closely today,had backed Glens Melody to place @ 1.46-I would concur with your opinion on the race but don't think she would have beaten the winner either way tho.
By:
moneypenny
When: 29 Dec 12 19:10
probably not dj but would have been nice to see her try to
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 29 Dec 12 19:11
Probably best to stick to racing,this was one of the best Leopardstown races ever apart from the brilliance of yesterdays Lexus the performance of Jezki was scintillating.Its a long time since i have been so impressed with a horse and i would go for the Champion Hurdle if he was mine furthermore i would be plotting a flat career for him as well,people round here think i am raving with my thoughts on Jezki but i suppose there is nothing new in that.
By:
dj876
When: 29 Dec 12 19:17
Visually very impressive,to play Devils advocate for a second tho
Would last years festival bumper run be cause for concern??
Will Robbie Power ride at the festival?
Power said that he was outpaced in the first half of the race(in soft ground),on likely better ground at the festival will he be outpaced and not get the run of a normally messy race??
IS it strange that he gets outpaced and then comes to win nearly on the bridle(showing an impressive turn of foot)??
By:
dj876
When: 29 Dec 12 19:24
Jessica Harrigton said: "Robert said that they went so quick that he was almost off the bridle until they got halfway down the back and when he came on the bridle he didn't have to move a muscle on him, even taking a pull going to the last.

"For that ground they went very quick and I'm delighted with that. We'll either go straight to Cheltenham or come back here for the Deloitte Novice Hurdle in February."
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 29 Dec 12 19:33
Fair points but i think this lad has improved a ton this season would love to see Barry Geraghty ride him at Cheltenham as no matter which race they run him iin he will be carrying some of my money.
By:
dj876
When: 29 Dec 12 20:30
Wildman, this is what Mullins said on his website today prior to the mares  hurdle,he gave a different account in the RP??

"We also run two in the mares hurdle over 2m 4f. Zuzka (Patrick) ran a fantastic race at Fairyhouse and the winner has franked the form since. This trip will suit and a reproduction of her Fairyhouse run will give her a great chance today. Glens Melody (Ruby) has two good runs behind her and hopefully she will earn some black type by finishing in the first three."
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 29 Dec 12 20:53
The pressure of this record was getting to them and so not for the first time Willie told his usual contacts to back Glens Melody to deflect some pressure from Patrick,i understand this as he was looking out for his son,commendable but it does show they are prepared to be ruthless,it also shows an instruction was given for Glens Melody to hold a watching brief and only go if Zuska was beaten.
Fiona McStay Glens Melody owner is entitled to be disappointed as she did not get a fair crack at a Grade 3 race with 26 Grand for the winner,its a failing of Willie Mullins that he treats all the horses as his own with the exception of Riccis remember this filly wasnt fully fit for her first run of the season at Punchestown result a monster punt on Minsk and McStay was not told.
By:
BJG
When: 29 Dec 12 21:06
Willie told his usual contacts to back Glens Melody

This is nt correct tbh, Zuzka was one of the strongest backed horses of the day imo
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 29 Dec 12 21:12
Zuska was well backed but Glens Melody shortened from 3.65 to 3.05 just before the off now if his usual men knew the way they were going to ride Glens Melody Zuska would have been backed into odds on that would have magnified the pressure on Patrick and so was not allowed.
BJG i would be interested in your opinion on the ride Glens Melody got.
By:
JayTrumpOldTomDubbl
When: 29 Dec 12 21:19
Re Jezki,
Would not have any chance in the Champion Hurdle. (period)
Re Zuska,
On her last and most recent run was a winner bar a fall or plain bad luck. Ruby couldn't beat it on his mare, and she ran her race to be 3rd, after giving it his usual hold up ride, nothing sinister at all.
PW Mullins thanked Ruby on ATR for allowing him ride Zuska. He also said that he would have gone to Tramore for one ride, and back up to Punchestown for the bumper. Neither he nor his dad were filled with anxiety imho. They knew they had the ammo just needed the bit of luck for things to go right.
Wildman steady on with Jezki, give him thyme..............
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 29 Dec 12 21:28
I doubt if Jezki is entered in the Champion,i was just trying to emphasise how impressed i was.
They were understandably anxious and they showed it with the events in Limerick dont think they have much amunition left in the bumper department so now watch Noel Meade who normally goes quiet at this time of year start to churn out bumper winners.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 29 Dec 12 23:20
not for the first time Willie told his usual contacts to back Glens Melody to deflect some pressure from Patrick,

Quite possiby the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on here.  What a kn*b end you are, Borneo.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 30 Dec 12 10:22
The usual negative post from the man of breeding,a random quote a bit of name calling but nowhere does he disprove anything I say in fact He has never posted anything about racing yet.
Willie Mullins has quite correctly protected Patrick throughout his riding career,his first winning ride over hurdles was at Limerick Willie ran two in it the 5/4 fav and the 9/4 second fav ridden by Patrick who won but no pressure on Patrick a perfectly choreographed race.When it came to Cheltenham and the bumper the paternal instinct kicked in again,he put it around that Cousin Vinnie was the worst of his four the result he started at 10/1 and won with Patrick riding and again no pressure.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 30 Dec 12 11:20
what you have stated in your last post is completey different to asserting that 'Willie told his usual contacts to back Glens Melody to deflect some pressure from Patrick'
By:
Ozymandius
When: 30 Dec 12 11:41
There is pressure to beat the record given the time frame, but to suggest that they would conspire to back other horses to assure his horse is not odds on is beyond absurd.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 30 Dec 12 11:52
They conspired for others to do so,this also has a few pleasing side effects as well.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 30 Dec 12 12:00
Well, yes, if they did eventually back Patrick's ride at inflated odds.  That would make some sense, your original assertion that it was to lessen the pressure of riding on odds on horse in such a race makes little or none.
By:
soapp
When: 30 Dec 12 13:13
A good festival crowd wise. €25 in each day was steep esp the last day. Even Galway are cheaper than that at the book end days.

1) The Lexus was surely the race of the year. It had everything. 3 different winners at various stages with Ruby getting there in the shadow of the post.

2) Ruby confirmed that he is still king of the castle. Davy will now be quaking in his boots looking over his shoulder for Ruby.

3) A bad festival for Gigginstown. Tofino Bay was earmarked for the Paddy Power and I know connections were not impressed by his handicap mark after the Troytown. They ended up running in the Grade 1 novice instead. Dessie right out of form too by the way. O'Grady hardly had a runner whatever is gone wrong there.

4) Hurricane confirmed himself right back to his best. Darlan ought to be swept aside if in this form.

5) My take on Glens Melody would be that Zuzka had the much better solid form. They were playing catch up with GM and her jumping was novicey.

6) My take on Jezki would be that like WMFB this is a serious horse. Power gave it an excellent ride reminding me of Charlie Swan at his best. Take a lentgh lead at the last in case of a mistake. Geraghty I believe has an agreement to ride for the owner when available. He owns the whole family. Jetson, Jezfi and numerous horses. He used have the horses with Fowler till he passed away. Meade was only a temporary home till he found the trainer he wanted.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 30 Dec 12 22:02
Ozymandius it is fairly obvious you are not getting it,I am standing by my original assertion.They put it out that Glens Melody was the better fancied not for them to get a better price on Zuska but to stop her going off at odds on and to deflect some pressure from Patrick.
Ozymandius is getting more like his pal Rocketfingers every day no longer able to follow a thread,no idea how a betting market works and no knowledge of horse racing,like his buddy he would be more at home at a Rugby ground than at a race meeting.
Willie Mullins would understand the pressure of riding for gamblers and riding horses that are odds on remember he rode the horses trained by Barney Curley when he landed some spectacular gambles,I'm Incommunicado and The Hacienderos,he also rode for the notorious Silver Batchelor and knew that type of pressure as well so it is perfectly understandable for him to sacrifice some of the hangers on for what he perceives as the greater good.
By:
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y
When: 30 Dec 12 22:15
With respect Wildman, Willie telling his contacts to back Glens Melody to deflect pressure off Patrick on Zuzka is the greatest load of rubbish i've possibly ever read on here.

And besides that Patrick ain't no fool and considering Zuzka had previously ran a blinder behind Jezki and Champagne Fever i'd say he kind of knew she had an absolutely massive chance of winning that race.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 30 Dec 12 22:53
It's fairly obvious who isn't getting it here.  Borneo is a complete buffoon.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 30 Dec 12 22:54
Your second paragraph unwittingly backs up my statement,Zuska form was outstanding and should have been odds on but the weight of money for Glens Melody plus the lack of heavy hitters backing Zuska meant she started odds against.
You can read a race so if you have time have a look at the way Glens Melody was ridden,if she was a drifter stewards would have had to act.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 30 Dec 12 23:04
Just accept that your assertion that;

not for the first time Willie told his usual contacts to back Glens Melody to deflect some pressure from Patrick

is codswallop and stop embarrassing yourself.  Puh-lease.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 30 Dec 12 23:13
That's your opinion but you seem to think that by constantly repeating it and adding some name calling that will make it right.
I accept you are not a racing man but can you explain the way Glens Melody was ridden and the fact she was so heavily backed.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 30 Dec 12 23:20
It's not even worthy of debate.

You will find nobody on here that will legitimately agree with you on the statement highlighted above.

Two people have told you that it is the most ridiculous thing that they have ever read on here but you remain stubbornly ignorant and resort to the usual moving of the goalposts.

Just keep on embarrassing yourself.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 30 Dec 12 23:31
Mullins did seem keener on glens melody in a pre race interview,Ozy, the two horses yesterday ran in opposite ways to they did their last few runs,ie Zuzka was held up in his last couple of runs and Glens Melody was prominent in hers.On past runnings you would expect Glens melody to be in the position Zuzka raced yesterday.
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com