Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 219 comments are related to the topic:
Leopardstown Festival

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 219
By:
workrider
When: 05 Jan 13 20:07
ozy,  of course maybe you've got your info of willie from your mate cocos pal , you know the one who calls patrick , pa.....Laugh
By:
richters
When: 05 Jan 13 20:07
ozy....there is a discrepency regarding the running and placings of the 2 mares....and me and wildman are not the only people who agree with this....FACT....now please leave it at that.....
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 05 Jan 13 20:09
Unlike you Workrider is a man of independent thought so would never agree just for the sake of it.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 05 Jan 13 20:11
Wildparanoia Laugh

Ozy Willie just did not want him being odds on, imagine the man who rides the bumper horses which the majority are favs and a fair amount of them odds on shots and Wildman he telling some story how Willie did not want his lad being odds on all of a sudden. From what i hear the yard had a great laugh at this especially the 2 boys themselves.
By:
richters
When: 05 Jan 13 20:13
birdodonnellfingers i can assure you it is no laughing matter.....
By:
Ozymandius
When: 05 Jan 13 20:14
richters, as I have explained to you already this is not about 'a discrepency regarding the running and placings of the 2 mares' as you suggest 

This is about Willie alleged URGING of people to back Gens Melody in order to 'deflect pressure' off Patrick.

A theory no one supports.

p.s.  I see poor old Gerry's prostrate needed lasering in New York!
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 05 Jan 13 20:17
richters, wonky and Wildman are all Scietologists or Mayans ! Laugh
By:
richters
When: 05 Jan 13 20:18
sorry ozty i dont know any gerrys in new york but i do know a few gerrys on here, gerryatrics namely virginfingers and serial troll never get out........
By:
Ozymandius
When: 05 Jan 13 20:20
Gerry...your spiritual leader!  Our lasers in The Repubic weren't good enough for him so he had it done in New York.  It's very expensive I believe, I wonder how many times the hat had to be passed around to raise the funds??
By:
richters
When: 05 Jan 13 20:24
we will haf 2 get a tribunal set up 2 investigate where the funds came from ozy.....like the Mahon tribunal....remember that....yes it cost the state 300 million.......and no its findings havent been acted upon because the state is to busy persecuting a man who was honouring his lan payments.......
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 05 Jan 13 20:30
Willie has done this at all stages of his sons career and he has been brilliant at it.
You forget Willies dislike of gambling owners especially the ones that hurl abuse at all and sundry when things go wrong,he also well understood the pressure of riding horses that were owned by same.
Here are two examples
Limerick with Patrick trying to ride his first winner over hurdles,he runs two one a 5/4 shot the other a 9/4 shot with Patrick riding result job done.
Cheltenham bumper,he managed to first organise his main jockeys to ride the ones he wanted them to whilst down playing the chances of Cousin Vinnie and then convincing his owners that Patrick got on best with the horse,result a 10/1 winner for Patrick with no pressure.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 05 Jan 13 20:39
yep, you are right....Patrick has very rarely ridden favourites to victory Laugh
By:
Allduckornodinner
When: 05 Jan 13 20:44
I just noticed that Patricks total includes winners in England. Did Parkinsons record include winners in other jurisdictions or were they all Irish?
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 05 Jan 13 20:45
You are getting like Rocketfingers not following,of course he has ridden many odds on winners but when it comes to his milestone winners that's where you will find the efforts to deflect pressure as shown in my two examples in the 20.30 post.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 05 Jan 13 20:48
I objected to that earlier Allduckornodinner,all Parkinson's winners were in Ireland and as it was during the Great War he had to ride against some of the top British riders as many of them were riding here including the great Steve Donoghue.
By:
Allduckornodinner
When: 05 Jan 13 20:52
Yeah if thats the case Wildman then he didn't really break Parkinsons record unless you consider it to be a British and Irish record which does detract slightly.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 05 Jan 13 20:53
Amazing.  I would almost begrudingly respect you if you were on the wind up here.  The problem is you genuinely believe this theory.  A classic case of cognitive dissonace, yet again.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 05 Jan 13 20:53
Amazing.  I would almost begrudingly respect you if you were on the wind up here.  The problem is you genuinely believe this theory.  A classic case of cognitive dissonace, yet again.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 05 Jan 13 20:57
I think it was a great achievement for Patrick Mullins to ride so many winners,also think he is a fine modest young men but it is stretching things to include his two ( I think) winners in England.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 13 Jan 13 10:20
"Gerard McGrath also owned Jered on his first three runs, before accepting an offer from JP McManus.
"I never entered breeding with the dream of holding the Champion Hurdle trophy aloft - although it would be a wonderful bonus, of course. Primarily, I like to play the sport rather than watch it".

SPECULATION was mounting on Thursday night that Jezki,  unbeaten over hurdles and 4-1 favourite for the William Hill Supreme Novices' Hurdle, is to be bought by JP McManus.

The Jessica Harrington-trained five -year-old, who is thought to be worth in the region of €500,000, won two of the three bumpers he contested last season. He is four from four over hurdles for his breeder Gerard McGrath having followed up two wins at Naas by landing two Grade 1 events last month.

The son of Milan won the Royal Bond Novice Hurdle at Fairyhouse before adding the Future Champions Novice Hurdle at Leopardstown's Christmas meeting by six lengths.
He has been beaten only twice in eight starts. He finished eighth behind Champagne Fever in the Weatherbys Champion Bumper a year ago and fifth in a 2m Flat race at Navan in October.

His brother Jenari, a four-time winner, is trained by Harrington for McManus while Jezki is a half-brother to Jered, who won seven races for Noel Meade, and also to the Harrington-trained Jetson, the winner of four races.

McManus is the leading owner at the Cheltenham Festival, having taken his score to 37 wins a year ago when his five winners included the ill-fated Synchronised's victory in the Gold Cup.

Ireland's champion owner has his sights set on a possible fifth Champion Hurdle win with Darlan and Binocular, the 2010 winner.
He had his colours carried to victory in the Supreme Novices' Hurdle on two occasions with Like-A-Butterfly, trained by Christy Roche, successful in 2002 and the Eddie Harty-trained Captain Cee Bee in 2008.
Page 6 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com