Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 275 comments are related to the topic:
The Quinn Family rally

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 275
By:
GANT007
When: 08 Aug 12 13:33
I am pretty sure Sean Boylan did ok out of selling a few acres to the developers.
By:
reb
When: 08 Aug 12 13:44
"It's only when the tide goes out that you find out who's been swimming naked" - Warren Buffett
By:
Ozymandius
When: 22 Sep 12 11:16
Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary last night denied that he sent a letter of support to Sean Quinn snr.

During a July rally held in Co Cavan in support of Mr Quinn, a letter claimed to be from the airline chief was read out.

But Mr O'Leary said: "As far as I'm aware there was some demonstration up in Cavan where either a letter or a text message from me was read out. I didn't send a letter or a text message to any rally in Cavan."

It puzzled me at the time that he would get involved in this.  Is MOL saying that the letter was not for public consumption or that there was no letter?
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 22 Sep 12 11:42
Quinns: The secret €11m money trail revealed

By Dearbhail McDonald Legal Editor
INDEPENDENT.IE

Saturday September 22 2012

AN €11m money trail involving a Quinn family company and a bank in India, is revealed by the Irish Independent today.

We also reveal the involvement of a Swiss financier in the tangled arrangement surrounding a massive office block in Hyderabad, India.

The Quinn family firm got the €11m secret loan in spite of court orders banning them from interference with their €500m property portfolio.

The collateral for the cash boost was future rental income at the office block, Q City, owned by the family in India.

The massive loan was created in India last January, five days before Sean Quinn snr was declared bankrupt in Dublin.

We've obtained new documents which reveal millions are still being extracted from the Quinn family's International Property Group (IPG), despite the imminent threat of jail hanging over Sean Quinn snr.

The exact whereabouts of the borrowed cash is unknown.

But it is feared the €11m and the €4.8m annual rental income from Q City has been moved offshore from India to Hong Kong, via a bank in Singapore.

The latest machinations in the Quinn family saga are expected to be detailed shortly in the High Court when explosive new allegations of ongoing breaches of court orders, including the secret €11m loan, are expected to be revealed.

While the huge mortgage was created on January 11, details of the transaction were kept secret for more than six months.

This is because a judge in India agreed to a request to defer registration of the mortgage with the Indian Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA).

The IBRC (formerly Anglo) has been engaged in a global race against time to secure the estimated €35m rent roll generated by the Quinn family's international properties.

It only recently became aware of the €11m cash extraction, and said it was taking fresh steps to secure the rent roll from Q City and invalidate the mortgage.

The IBRC believes it has been thwarted by Sean Quinn, who it alleges is co-ordinating an audacious asset strip.

It believes Mr Quinn's family are the beneficial owners of a maze of offshore firms in Panama, Belize and the United Arab Emirates whose true ownership the bank has been unable to unmask.

Three Quinn family members have been found guilty of contempt of court for breaking orders not to interfere with the IPG.

Sean Quinn Jnr is in jail, his cousin Peter was sentenced for three months in his absence after skipping across the Border to his native Fermanagh and Sean Quinn snr was kept out of jail, for now, to help the IBRC unravel the global scheme.

IBRC has already brought legal action to stop the onward sale of shares in Mack Soft, the local Indian company that owns Q City, by a Dubai-based company called Mecon FZE.

The shares in the Indian company Mack Soft were transferred to Mecon in June last year. This alerted the IBRC to the possibility of a global scheme to put assets beyond the bank's reach.

Mecon is connected to Michael Waechter, a Swiss-born offshore trust expert whose Dubai firm Senat is co-ordinating the Quinn family's global litigation. Mr Waechter did not respond to queries from the Irish Independent.

IBRC claims that Mr Waechter and his group of companies are central to the global scheme to place assets beyond its reach.

But a spokesperson for the Quinns said that the family have "nothing, directly or indirectly" to do with Mecon and were "never" involved with the firm.

And the family say that despite having no legal team, they will proceed with their alleged fraud case against the IBRC.

The family received a boost last night when a local lobby group said it had received "a substantial level of pledges of financial support" -- believed to exceed €500,000 -- to cover costs of the legal action next year.

Rally

Concerned Irish Businesses (CIB) and Concerned Irish Citizens (CIC) said they were in discussions with an established legal and accounting firm to independently establish the fund on a sound legal basis.

The names of the donors are not being released, but a second rally will be held in support of the Quinn family on October 14 in Ballyconnell.

Meanwhile, Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary last night denied that he sent a letter of support to Sean Quinn snr.

During a July rally held in Co Cavan in support of Mr Quinn, a letter claimed to be from the airline chief was read out.

But Mr O'Leary said: "As far as I'm aware there was some demonstration up in Cavan where either a letter or a text message from me was read out. I didn't send a letter or a text message to any rally in Cavan."

- Dearbhail McDonald Legal Editor

Irish Independent
By:
olddesperado
When: 22 Sep 12 14:05
rancid bunch imo
By:
Kelly
When: 24 Sep 12 10:45
The lawyers , forensic accountants , bankers / financial people of whatever hue are all rubbing their hands .  Payday .

Anyone bought the film rights ?
By:
lustrumm
When: 24 Sep 12 20:15
I wonder is the €2 Million they say has been pledged a means of laundering some of the twine that has been filtered out of the system over the last few years back into play as the net closes in.

BTW anyone see the new Mrs. Quinn being dropped off outside the 4 Courts in an SUV on the 6:1 news earlier. She looks a million dollars, Cameron Diaz only trotting after her.
By:
olddesperado
When: 25 Sep 12 16:23
surely proof will have to be given as to who donated this money. Will tax be paid on it as its a gift. 40% i think. That would bring in 400K . Also where the money came from with each individual.

Something doesnt smell right to me.
By:
reb
When: 25 Sep 12 16:45
Re the alleged Michael O' Leary letter of support to Sean Quinn, perhaps it might have read something like this :

Dear Sean,

I wish to apologise for the recent difficulty you encountered on your RyanAir flight. I can assure you that is the first occasion such an event has occurred. We will endeavour to ensure that, in future, there is an ample supply of scratch cards on our flights.

You have my full support in this matter.

Yours,
By:
olddesperado
When: 25 Sep 12 17:18
it appears now that o leary is denying sending any letter of support so whos lying.?
By:
Ozymandius
When: 25 Sep 12 19:28
The denial stated that;

"I didn't send a letter or a text message to any rally in Cavan"

which I would interpret that if there was a letter then it was private and not for public consumption.  Or no letter.  Or no letter relevant to this situation, perhaps it was an extract from a letter on an unrelated matter. e.g.  reb's example above
By:
olddesperado
When: 30 Sep 12 17:24
i see their organising an other one ffs,
Dont know what they think their achieveing, The disipeles will follow blindly but its only turning off the non believeres or non careres
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 30 Sep 12 17:29
Gant drove O'Rourke and Boylan up a few weeks ago, he knows all.
By:
G Hall
When: 30 Sep 12 20:51
Nice wedding cake
By:
paddletoe
When: 01 Oct 12 12:23
The specific wording of O'Learys denial is very clear. He did not send a text or letter when the rally was on. But the wording would suggest he did send some letter or text of sympathy or support to Quinn prior to the rally.
By:
G Hall
When: 01 Oct 12 12:46
The plebs out at a rally,the Quinn family were/are not a charity,they gave employment,if those out marching were not making the Quinns money through that employment,they would be out of work,end of.

It would be laughable if it were not so sad,and we wonder why they call us "thick paddies".

If Sean Quinn had anything about him,he would not sanction a wedding cake that ended up costing 100K,money that would benefit so many good causes,would build an orphanage in Belarus etc etc
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 01 Oct 12 13:21
The GAA are now officially supporting the next Quinn family rally accroding to the Indo, what's wrong with these numpties.
By:
GANT007
When: 01 Oct 12 13:34
Link below..........These 2 parish teams had more at it than the big Sligo match at the weekend........almost double.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gaa-backs-promotion-of-support-rally-for-sean-quinn-3244602.html

Drama over.......shock horror.
By:
db1974
When: 01 Oct 12 13:40
The attendances are irrelevant to this thread Gant in fairness.

I agree with RF here, it's a disgrace for a National organisation like this to be publicly supporting a man who is a fugitive from the law of the land in this country.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 01 Oct 12 13:41
WTF have attendances at Sligo Rovers or elsewhere got to do with it?

GAA making a show of themselves here.  Disgrace.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 01 Oct 12 13:42
Snap, db 1974
By:
GANT007
When: 01 Oct 12 13:46
Crowd reference is to Rocketfingers.....that's all.
By:
freddiek
When: 01 Oct 12 13:53
the GAA at HQ level need to get on to the folks in charge of county boards in fermanagh and cavan and tell them to stop cheerleading for the Quinns. If they dont like it then they should be got rid of

not good PR for the association
By:
GANT007
When: 01 Oct 12 13:58
Not good PR and probably not fair on those who disagree with the quinn family situation who attended the match.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 01 Oct 12 14:02
The bigot Gant trying to point score again  very sad, there is no actual attendance given to prove your point either which is even sadder. Gant answer this why are the GAA supporting this and coming out supporting the rich Quinn family against the working class of Ireland? GAA are making a show of themselves as db and Ozy says. The GAA firmly seem to believe in one rule for us and another gant for the rich like Quinn or the horsey/dog breeders like yourself. Why is that gant?
By:
freddiek
When: 01 Oct 12 14:06
so far its only the GAA in Quinns backyard that is supporting him. Thats understandable to an extent, if not correct. But it better not spread any further than that
By:
reb
When: 01 Oct 12 14:11
What was Angela Merkel doing at the Fermanagh county final ?

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gaa-backs-promotion-of-support-rally-for-sean-quinn-3244602.html?start=2
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 01 Oct 12 14:18
Gant a hardline FF man in their day, got massive grants for breeding from the establishment which came from the people please answer my question why are they supporting them the likes of the Quinn's and why do you back them up. YOu were caught out when you drove O'Rourke and Boylan to the last rally.
By:
GANT007
When: 01 Oct 12 14:25
Rocketfingers.......pipe down we understand your pain and your agenda.......always the drama queen.
Shame on the people in Cavan and Fermanagh.........is that what you are trying to say rocketfingers.
As freddiek stated it's a local issue
By:
GANT007
When: 01 Oct 12 14:32
I am not sure why the people are supporting the quinn family but people in this country people support all sorts....opinions differ..........I did buy 25 sheets of quinntherm insulation last year.....that's my support for the quinn family.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 01 Oct 12 14:33
Yes his supporters no matter where they are gant are sheep and i would say these are the 'thick paddies'.
By:
GANT007
When: 01 Oct 12 14:39
So you are right and they are wrong......less of the Irish bashing no need for it.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 01 Oct 12 14:49
They deserve to be called thick paddies if they support Quinn that is the biggest insult i can give them, they are the rich people's lap dogs, they seem to have no brain of their own to make informed decisions on what is right and what is wrong. They were programmed again on saturday night because after all it's the Dublin media who are after Quinn and we most support him because he is a GAA loving catholic so he is an uber Irish and must be protected.
By:
GANT007
When: 01 Oct 12 14:57
I agree with you them GAA loving Catholics are the scourge of the country.........they have far too much protection.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 01 Oct 12 15:06
Don't try and put words into my mouth gant or speak for me either please, but that is the reason this guy is being protected because the ordinary working class man on the street would be locked up by now. And the blaming of the Dublin media as if these people are not as Irish as Quinn or you are gant because you're a certain religion or because he goes to GAA games, please. As for the 100k cake ffs and you clowns out supporting him should wake up, we're the laughing stock of Europe because of you backward buffoons shouted down people who tried to stand up to the establishment.
By:
olddesperado
When: 01 Oct 12 15:25
whats this about wedding cake pls
By:
GANT007
When: 01 Oct 12 16:06
In 2008 his daughter had a wedding cake made in New York and it is supposed to have cost 100k.
By:
lustrumm
When: 01 Oct 12 16:12
If the GAA put their motion to support the Quinns to congress it would be defeated by more than 80% in my view. Just cause you are a member/supporter of the GAA does not mean you can get away with criminal behaviour
By:
kingrat
When: 01 Oct 12 17:01
Laughthe internal workings of the gael.
By:
GANT007
When: 01 Oct 12 18:54
Lustrumm.........Rocketfingers likes to paint over 80% of the population with the same brush.
Page 3 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com