Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 275 comments are related to the topic:
The Quinn Family rally

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 275
By:
kingrat
When: 01 Oct 12 19:03
stfu gant,a gobsht1te like u cant defend the gaa,yre too dense
By:
GANT007
When: 01 Oct 12 19:23
Many in the pub this afternoon.
By:
kingrat
When: 01 Oct 12 19:28
sorry bud,i know u mean well but yre a gobsh1te
By:
GANT007
When: 01 Oct 12 19:55
Your probably a decent lad behind it all.
By:
richters
When: 01 Oct 12 20:02
ozy explain how the gaa are making a show of themselves please......i as a gaa member am proud at the associations continued support for the quinn family......
By:
kingrat
When: 01 Oct 12 20:15
relax rich.gant a climnant of our gaa family is making a show of him self.a pric k.fck off u stupip c1nt gant.
By:
kingrat
When: 01 Oct 12 20:18
Grin
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 01 Oct 12 20:45
You know i may not get on with gant but no need to speak to him like that, he's not the worse we come from different sides of the track he was born with a silverspoon in his mouth i had to earn mine, he's a GAA die hard will defend them to the last no matter what they've done. I would suspect he has more brains than richters as well who by the looks of things is even more of a die hard.
By:
GANT007
When: 01 Oct 12 21:01
Cuckoo.........Let it go rocketfingers the GAA is over for the season.......you have all winter to dig up some dirt for us......promote your own sport on here........I will miss your weekly rant if you decide to build a bridge others I reckon are just bored with your obsession.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 01 Oct 12 21:04
So you're not a GAA diehard? Nothing wrong with that but that's what you are. Ok Kingat let him have you're right he's dense !
By:
GANT007
When: 01 Oct 12 21:12
The GAA lads in Sligo that bullied you have alot to answer for........shame on them they created a monster with an unhealthy obsession.
The next few months are GAA free so use it to relax.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 01 Oct 12 21:16
Very little GAA in Sligo, it's a football town. I may remind you on the Quinn rally thread you started talking about LOI attendances, you've been told by about 5 to stfu that's an obsession, take the hint ya big fool you. You're defending the GAA even Kingrat has said you can't defend, keep on making yourself look a fool gant i'm enjoying it Laugh
By:
kingrat
When: 01 Oct 12 21:51
fck offLaugh
By:
kingrat
When: 01 Oct 12 21:54
i play the game m8!!!who did u play for?Laugh
By:
richters
When: 01 Oct 12 21:57
he cudnt play with himself k.r.....the imecile pollutes every thread on here with his lies....
By:
kingrat
When: 01 Oct 12 21:58
Laugh
By:
kingrat
When: 01 Oct 12 22:05
its a hell of a gameWink
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 01 Oct 12 22:09
gant played for Meath seniors to be fair to him lads.
By:
kingrat
When: 01 Oct 12 22:31
i think we need our fellow formie kelly to put it into words.young men that love the republic!!!!!!
By:
kingrat
When: 01 Oct 12 22:33
lets have it kelly
By:
kingrat
When: 01 Oct 12 22:37
dont fcking bull sh1teWink
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 02 Oct 12 11:09
There is a lot to like about Sean Quinn,a GAA man,a family man and a self made man.
All his problems stemmed from a meeting with the Svengali like Seanie Fitzpatrick,his bank was going bust and somehow he got the previously risk averse Quinn to gamble everything supporting that bank.The complicated contracts for difference meant Quinns loss became infinite,he became the patsy.
For over forty years Quinn was a great local employer and seemingly a decent man,he gets embroiled with the corrupt bank that has bust this country and is brought down by it and has now become public enemy number one with the real villains Anglo Irish the prosecutors.Anglo Irish who couldn't run themselves are now running the Quinn businesses,does no one else see the irony in this.
The corrupt bank guarantee delivered by Brian Cowan to protect his friends has made Anglo Irish the property of the state and tis here we have the conflict.Whilst we quite correctly hate Anglo Irish Bank and all it stands for we now find ourselves reluctantly in their corner.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 02 Oct 12 12:31
Yup, Sean Fitz forced him to borrow money to buy shares.  Held a gun to his head.  It was nothing to do with Sean Q's greed to make a quick buck.

Just like all the people of Ireland who desperately wanted a 4x4 and a bigger house that they couldn't afford, t'was greed and lack of common sense that done for them.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 02 Oct 12 13:12
Quinns to blame alright it's just for over forty years he was a parsimonious ordinary businessman,meets the bould Seanie and turns into a avaricious madcap gambler and suddenly buys into the vulgarity and excesses of that time.
He had plenty of thriving successful businesses providing local employment,these businesses are now being run by a thoroughly corrupt organisation,I find this both troubling and ironic.
By:
olddesperado
When: 02 Oct 12 15:10
i think you will find its not the first time Quinn had his fingers burned speculating on the markets
By:
mightymoyes
When: 02 Oct 12 18:51
he was risk averse wildman?? he didnt even employ an actuary for his insurance company ffs! he was a feckin cowboy.
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 02 Oct 12 18:59
RTE.IE

The former Anglo Irish Bank has produced new documents showing bankrupt businessman Seán Quinn's family had contracts with Russian companies providing for multi-million payments for termination of their employment.

The bank claims the contacts provided for payments of up to €36m for Aoife, Ciara and Colette Quinn and almost €15m for his son, Seán Jnr.

The bank also alleges some of the contracts were back-dated to make it appear they were signed before a 27 June 2011 court order restrained the stripping of assets from the Quinns’ international property group.

Irish Bank Resolution Corporation says this and other new evidence shows Seán Quinn Jnr was a "key decision maker" in relation to management and control of Russian and other international companies at the centre of alleged asset-stripping measures.

It has applied to the Supreme Court to admit the material in the appeal by Quinn Jnr against a contempt of court ruling and a decision jailing him.

It also wants the court to consider a video recording of a meeting in Kiev on 21 July 2012 which, the bank claims, showed he was involved in an asset-stripping scheme in the Ukraine.

The bank says had this material been before the High Court earlier this year in the hearing to determine whether Seán Quinn Snr, his son and nephew Peter Darragh Quinn breached court orders restraining stripping of assets from their international property group, it would have had an important influence on the court.

Counsel for Seán Quinn Jnr said today they were not opposing the bank's application to admit the new material.

In an affidavit, Richard Woodhouse of IBRC said "significant" new documents had been obtained by the bankruptcy administrator appointed in late July by it to Finansstroy, a key Russian company in the Quinns’ IPG, from that company's damaged computer hard drive.

Court begins hearing Seán Quinn Jnr's contempt appeal

Earlier the Supreme Court began hearing an appeal by Seán Quinn Jnr against his conviction and imprisonment for contempt of court.

His lawyers told the court his indefinite imprisonment for contempt of court for failing to reverse an asset-stripping conspiracy is "incorrect and legally wrong".

Seán Quinn Jnr claims he should be freed from prison for a number of reasons, including insufficient evidence to find him guilty of contempt.

His lawyers also said the contempt finding on a single breach unfairly imposed 30 additional High Court orders on him.

They said he was jailed indefinitely to try force his father to comply with those orders to reverse a multi-million euro asset stripping conspiracy. This, they say, was incorrect and legally wrong.

It was based on a contention that Seán Quinn Snr had the ultimate power to purge his contempt, but they asked if he had the power why was his son in jail.

The Supreme Court was told it was an adventurous leap to find someone guilty of a crime just because he did not come across well in evidence or had not told the truth.

The standard of proof for criminal contempt was not established.

IBRC is pursuing the Quinns for €2.8bn
By:
GANT007
When: 02 Oct 12 19:12
Lets hope IBRC put the same energy into chasing up some of the other lads who owe as much.
By:
Santry
When: 02 Oct 12 19:26
Its strikes me that Quinn is an outsider to the circle that make the decisions for and run the country. Why all all the corrupt developers and bankers not being pursued?.Why are the auditors that gave Anglo Irish Bank the all clear year after year not being pursued?. For all the shenanigans that was going on we are seeing precious little action. Quinn is offside but not the only one.
By:
richters
When: 02 Oct 12 19:51
well said santry....unfortunately the bigots on here do not want to hear that........had sean quinn conformed to the stereotypes of the celtic tiger brigade and frequented the ff tent in galway annually he would not be hunted down like a common criminal.......i asked the question earlier on this thread and on others...a certain mr ahern is glad the quinn family affair has attracted the large media coverage it has because it seems to be largely overshadowing his and his former parties misdemeanors....
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 02 Oct 12 19:58
Accept the Insurance company was badly run but that was only in recent years,ages before that the man had led an exemplary life so I still think the problem began when Seanie got a hold of him.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 02 Oct 12 20:09
Govt need to get this sorted, if they get a result with Quinn then go after the smaller guys. But as a people as a country we really have to do this, stay strong and believe.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 02 Oct 12 20:16
I thought we had dealt with the 'whataboutery' defense earlier on in this thread?

Richters, as far as I know the GAA is a sporting and cultural organisation.  Not only has it no business trying to interfere ongoing judicial maters, it is unwise to do so.
By:
GANT007
When: 02 Oct 12 20:22
Ozymandius........Don't believe the hype on the thread that the GAA are interfering with the judicial system in the Quinn case.
The GAA might be the largest sporting and cultural organisation in the country but the hold no clout in the four courts.......that's only a rumour.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 02 Oct 12 20:28
I think we need to make an example of the Quinns and a few more. Ireland united against the cowboys is the cry i'm hearing on the streets of the nation.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 02 Oct 12 20:32
Gant, I refer, for example, to the public address system at the Fermanagh county final advertising a new public rally in support of the Quinn family.

Heaven help us if the GAA held any influence in the Four Courts.  You need oval shaped balls to get ahead in there.
By:
mightymoyes
When: 02 Oct 12 20:37
quinn is a scumbag and no friend of any worker, look at quinn cement where he didnt even honour basic working conditions. the GAA should be ashamed to stand by him.
By:
richters
When: 02 Oct 12 20:47
we are talking about a level playing field for all ozy....not just those who dindnt fit the ff/developer stereotype....when will ahern,burke,flynn et al face the charges following the mahon tribunal.....burke done time but on a seperate charge of tax evasion.....walter mitty rocket you havent a clue what your talking about....go after the small boys after bringing the quinns down....a 12 year old wouldnt come out with such talk....
By:
richters
When: 02 Oct 12 20:48
mighty moyes go into the factory in derrylin and ye wudnt come out with such a statement....
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 02 Oct 12 20:52
Not true i know for a fact you would. MM is allowed his opinion as well richters
Page 4 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com