Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
zipifried
29 Oct 08 14:08
| Topic/replies: 2,349 | Blogger: zipifried's blog
Have a good idea what i want to do here but not completely in the know. The situation began..

Last Sunday when i went to my local supermarket (large chain that would fit well in Man Citys defence), i brought 12euros worth of food to the checkout which was to do me the Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday as i had nothing else in. I had kept about 15euro in my Mastercard i use for withdrawals off this place. I had just forked out a lot of cash for every bill going and a couple of months rent so i was pretty much brassack.
The woman had a problem with my signature (i had used this cards hundreds of times with no problems including many times in this supermarket). She went and asked some other bloke and he asked me for ID. I had nothing else on me and i questioned his judgement on the signature as of course it was my own. I wrote it out a few times and it was plain to see it was exactly the same. He refused and said i could not have my shopping. He asks me if i want to see security and i agree.
Some bloke comes down in his security guard gear and immediately i explain to him that i appreciate the need for vigilance in cards but if you use your common sense you can see it is my signature and for 12 euros of food i am hardly going to go to these lengths to steal it. He blankly tells me it is not my signature on card and that i should leave and not shop their again. As you can imagine i am getting quite annoyed at this guy. I leave and walk back to the house and check my balance of the card online and they have taken the 12euros out of it leaving me with no money to buy any food. i return to the shop with my passport.
I ask to see the same security guard and i show him my passport and ask him can i have the shopping i have paid for now. He looks at the passport and looks at me and he does this for about 2 minutes. 10 seconds is all it would have taken. I can see by this stage he is on some sort of power trip and is basically trying to show off or something. He tells me he can not be sure it is my passport and that i had to leave and not come back. I ask him to get the money they have taken out of my card and give it to me or give me the food i have bought. He says the money was not taken out of card.
I go to the cash machine and show him the balance but he just laughs and mocks me while standing with an old bloke and some foreign bloke who work their. I again tell him to go and get my money as he had now robbed me, discriminated , called me a liar and had affectively made sure i was to go hungry for a few days. He then let out a childish mock to which i asked him outside to sort it out.
He mocked me again and i reacted by squaring up to him and putting my head into his head. Minimal contact was made as it was merely to give him a fright. He immediately rings the gardai and tells them he had been assaulted.
I was happy to wait for the Gardai and during so the 3 of them practically hold me captive. By this time the security guard is saying nothing at all while i explain to him how he had been wrong and why i was angry. i apolaoised for invading his space but in truth i wish i had followed through with the head butt.
The Garadi come and arrest me and i have to leave the shop in hand cuffs. Luckily the Gardai are ok and one they even agree that there was no mark on his face and that if i had shown him my passport etc. he should have given me my food. They let me out as soon as i get to station and tell me to come back in a week as the security guard will be making a statement and pressing charges.
s
I still have not had my card refunded with the cash they took and indeed have had to live on little food through no fault of my own. I emailed the head office of the store and after the 3rd email they eventually replied only to say the Gardai are investigating so they can not get involved. they did not even have the decency to put a name on the email.

I am sure i can make a counter complaint about this but i have not decided exactly who against and what for. Either the security guard in question or more lightly the store. If i had been a 60 year old woman there would have been no problem. If somebody mugs you on the street or in your home it is acceptable to defend yourself. How is this any different?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 8  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 305
By:
The Icchantika
When: 29 Oct 08 14:12
My first piece of advice would be to stop gambling.
By:
zipifried
When: 29 Oct 08 14:13
Not sure how the gambling is involved with this mate.
By:
Isotonic.
When: 29 Oct 08 14:17
What bank is your credit card with?
By:
zipifried
When: 29 Oct 08 14:18
It is not a credit card. It is a prepaid card.
By:
The Icchantika
Well you cant afford food so I'd say you should lay off the punting.
By:
ko2
security giuard seems like a right pri1ck, mind you a lot of these security guards and in particular bouncers are ignorant individuals. He was on apower trip as you say . You done well to control yourself many wouldnt
By:
The Icchantika
When: 29 Oct 08 14:19
Prepaid or debit?
By:
downallstar
When: 29 Oct 08 14:21
baseball bat imo
By:
zipifried
When: 29 Oct 08 14:23
Icchand. I could afford food and always can but they took the money i had to cover me for 2 to 3 days. I would usually have money in bank but as i said i had forked out a lot of money that week. Your point though would probably be what others would think to and that is unfair slander that will probably be printed when it goes to court.

I very nearly went for him hell for leather and in that split seconds i did control myself but he is still pressing charges even without any injuries. that was his split second decision he made.
By:
Isotonic.
ok mate. ridiculous situation for that amount of money. Security guard seens a power hungry clown. Probably couldnt get into the guards so has to make do with this. You showed plenty of restraint mate id have clattered him if he laughed at me
By:
The Icchantika
restraint? you headbutted him.
By:
zipifried
When: 29 Oct 08 14:24
prepaid mastercard.
By:
Isotonic.
When: 29 Oct 08 14:25
"He mocked me again and i reacted by squaring up to him and putting my head into his head. Minimal contact was made as it was merely to give him a fright. He immediately rings the gardai and tells them he had been assaulted."

Headbutted. your like one of those ejits who falls in a soccer match when some guy puts his head next to yours.
By:
zipifried
When: 29 Oct 08 14:25
One of the Gardai said nearly exactly that. He said to me the man was not a guard and that he was on a power trip and that he had ruined my Sunday. I am pretty sure this guard will speak up for me in court to say that the security guard had no injuries whatsoever.
By:
Isotonic.
When: 29 Oct 08 14:26
for icchanika ^
By:
CailiniDeas8
Was the security guard Irish by any chance?
By:
Isotonic.
Be surprised if it went to court mate.
By:
zipifried
When: 29 Oct 08 14:28
The security guard was Irish yes. He has said he is pressing charges but was going away for a week and so the Gardai told me to return to them after a week to make a statement and if i did not they would have to come arrest me.
By:
The Icchantika
When: 29 Oct 08 14:29
Stupid thing to do over 12 quid imo. And i'd be amazed if we were getting all the facts here. I'm willing to specualte that you headbutted the guy based on your version of events which we have all heard a thousand times before.
By:
Isotonic.
Too much paperwork they ll try to get ye to sort it out of court. May ask you to apologise. You prefer to take it all way to court??
By:
claimingseven
I work for said company and apologise for your experience!

It would be a skeleton crew working over the bank holiday weekend so you prob got stuck with a right asrehole who would have little or no authority in what he did.

If you go back into the shop and see the actual store manager and explain to him what happened and tell him you plan on taking it further. Also send a letter into HeadOffice and again explain what happened and your utter disgust etc etc.

This time of year nobody wants the hastle so if you say your making a big deal of it then imo there will be no charges.

Best of luck.
By:
zipifried
When: 29 Oct 08 14:32
Icchant i fear your judgement will be what the Judge would think but as i said the Gardai said to me that there was not the slightest mark on the Security guards face. I merely squared up to him and bumped his head. His 2 mates sitting down and about 5 yards behind him have both said i headbutted him.
By:
The Icchantika
When: 29 Oct 08 14:34
Yes, you did. You are a penniless hooligan. Back to living on the red cow roundabout with you, you miscreant.
By:
zipifried
When: 29 Oct 08 14:36
Claimings. I have sent head office an email to which i eventually got a short reply today. I already apologised to the security guard for invading his space. He did not apologise for his antagonising. I am not sure if i am happy dropping the matter unless i get an apology from the company. If the guy wants to bring it to court then i definitely would make a counter complaint.
By:
zipifried
When: 29 Oct 08 14:38
Icchant, you and the security guard would get on well together. Both mugs with a false sense of morality and justice.
By:
The Icchantika
When: 29 Oct 08 14:40
You are in a bad position. I'd find it much easier to argue the security guard's side of things and to be honest if it goes to court you better have a whole lot more than 'sure I hardly touched him'. I'd apologise and write off the 12 bob. Bitter pill to swallow but your best option.
By:
Isotonic.
When: 29 Oct 08 14:41
The icchantika is, according to some Mahayana Buddhist scriptures, the most base and spiritually deluded of all types of being. The term implies being given over to total hedonism and greed
By:
zipifried
When: 29 Oct 08 14:47
Icchatika , if we all give in like that then people like the security guard would think they are in the right. It also would mean that i would have to live with being robbed, insulted and wrongfully accused of something. Yes technically i should not have been threatening, at least according to the law, but this guy had purposely provoked me.
By:
goldenfleecer.
When: 29 Oct 08 15:14
Zipifried I can't believe you are been sucked in to reply to The Inchantika, just ignore him, he's feeling a little bored so to entertain himself he usually resorts to ridicule, firing cheap shots for his own perverse entertainment.
By:
zipifried
When: 29 Oct 08 15:31
I am aware of him now Golden.
By:
Puke Football Rules
When: 29 Oct 08 15:45
Get the Kerry GAA legal team on the case, they would surely get you off.
By:
tubbsy.
When: 29 Oct 08 15:53
ask to see the shop cameras -they should vindicate you
By:
zipifried
When: 29 Oct 08 15:54
The Gardai had a look at them and he told me there was no footage.
By:
The Icchantika
When: 29 Oct 08 16:01
The security guard was wrong but regrettably you lost your head. As such, your best course of action is to apologise. This is the correct answer.
By:
zipifried
When: 29 Oct 08 16:06
As i have said Icchant in original post. i did apologise for invading his space.
By:
redroar
When: 29 Oct 08 16:18
The Icchantika

I hear you are going for a new world record in sticking star wars figure s up your hole. Did you get the "Death Star" up there yet? It'll surely fit.
By:
badger's back
When: 29 Oct 08 16:57
bad situation to be in zipi-but the simple fact is he has 2 witnesses and that will count against you in a court of law.

personally i would approach the shop manager as someone already advised.if they see that you are genuine i'm sure it will be sorted in your favour.

there is also a lesson for everyone to learn on this topic.
never do your shopping or servile work on the Lords day.

best of luck with it
By:
Artifice
When: 29 Oct 08 17:16
Listen mate - the only advice I will give you is not to be too trusting of what the Gardai tell you. The only person u can reliably trust is your own solicitor. If this pr!ck of a security guard is going to go ahead with his assault charge get urself a decent brief and let it in his hands.
By:
zipifried
When: 29 Oct 08 17:17
The thing with the witnesses Badger is they were both sitting about a couple of metres directly behind the security guards back when it happened and all they would have seen is me squaring up to him. They may have thought i had headbutted him rather than what actually happened. surely the fact there was no injuries would back that up.
Page 1 of 8  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com