Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
zipifried
29 Oct 08 14:08
| Topic/replies: 2,349 | Blogger: zipifried's blog
Have a good idea what i want to do here but not completely in the know. The situation began..

Last Sunday when i went to my local supermarket (large chain that would fit well in Man Citys defence), i brought 12euros worth of food to the checkout which was to do me the Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday as i had nothing else in. I had kept about 15euro in my Mastercard i use for withdrawals off this place. I had just forked out a lot of cash for every bill going and a couple of months rent so i was pretty much brassack.
The woman had a problem with my signature (i had used this cards hundreds of times with no problems including many times in this supermarket). She went and asked some other bloke and he asked me for ID. I had nothing else on me and i questioned his judgement on the signature as of course it was my own. I wrote it out a few times and it was plain to see it was exactly the same. He refused and said i could not have my shopping. He asks me if i want to see security and i agree.
Some bloke comes down in his security guard gear and immediately i explain to him that i appreciate the need for vigilance in cards but if you use your common sense you can see it is my signature and for 12 euros of food i am hardly going to go to these lengths to steal it. He blankly tells me it is not my signature on card and that i should leave and not shop their again. As you can imagine i am getting quite annoyed at this guy. I leave and walk back to the house and check my balance of the card online and they have taken the 12euros out of it leaving me with no money to buy any food. i return to the shop with my passport.
I ask to see the same security guard and i show him my passport and ask him can i have the shopping i have paid for now. He looks at the passport and looks at me and he does this for about 2 minutes. 10 seconds is all it would have taken. I can see by this stage he is on some sort of power trip and is basically trying to show off or something. He tells me he can not be sure it is my passport and that i had to leave and not come back. I ask him to get the money they have taken out of my card and give it to me or give me the food i have bought. He says the money was not taken out of card.
I go to the cash machine and show him the balance but he just laughs and mocks me while standing with an old bloke and some foreign bloke who work their. I again tell him to go and get my money as he had now robbed me, discriminated , called me a liar and had affectively made sure i was to go hungry for a few days. He then let out a childish mock to which i asked him outside to sort it out.
He mocked me again and i reacted by squaring up to him and putting my head into his head. Minimal contact was made as it was merely to give him a fright. He immediately rings the gardai and tells them he had been assaulted.
I was happy to wait for the Gardai and during so the 3 of them practically hold me captive. By this time the security guard is saying nothing at all while i explain to him how he had been wrong and why i was angry. i apolaoised for invading his space but in truth i wish i had followed through with the head butt.
The Garadi come and arrest me and i have to leave the shop in hand cuffs. Luckily the Gardai are ok and one they even agree that there was no mark on his face and that if i had shown him my passport etc. he should have given me my food. They let me out as soon as i get to station and tell me to come back in a week as the security guard will be making a statement and pressing charges.
s
I still have not had my card refunded with the cash they took and indeed have had to live on little food through no fault of my own. I emailed the head office of the store and after the 3rd email they eventually replied only to say the Gardai are investigating so they can not get involved. they did not even have the decency to put a name on the email.

I am sure i can make a counter complaint about this but i have not decided exactly who against and what for. Either the security guard in question or more lightly the store. If i had been a 60 year old woman there would have been no problem. If somebody mugs you on the street or in your home it is acceptable to defend yourself. How is this any different?
Pause Switch to Standard View Any Legal heads around for assault...
Show More
Report ambush February 9, 2009 8:58 PM GMT
its great to see the zippi saga back and to see annie sugden back in emerdale .a big priced double
Report TheScalper February 10, 2009 2:18 PM GMT
" I have a few contacts in the tabloids from previous dealings with them"

Come on spill the beans on your past escapades!
Report ATC February 10, 2009 2:28 PM GMT
Page 3?
Report zipifried February 10, 2009 3:05 PM GMT
The cousin did page 3 in London a number of years back now you mention it -

Escapades - There are a few, one of the earliest was perhaps the finest in the attempt to promote a DJ gig at the end of the last millenium. It was also to promote awareness of homeless problems. A number for Yoko onos agent in Asia was obtained from a woman working on the homeless council. The agent was rang but only the answering machine was ever contacted, an event run down was at least recorded via the machine including the wish to play Mr Lennons 'imagine' at the end of the gig.

No word was ever heard back.

The event went ahead anyway and a famous DJ in England was invited to make an appearance through his agent - all looked well and he even mentioned it on his popular Radio one show in the weeks leading up to it. All he needed to do was appear at the gig on the way to his main gig in the province - in the name of peace of coarse.

Christmas 99 and 2 rather large stories in the tabs appear apparently unrelated. The first about Yoko Ono suddenly re releasing 'imagine' with the proceeds going to the Homeless in the UK. The other story was about a huge English DJ canceling a gig as he had got wind of a plan to kidnap him on the way. A tiny little 3 lined snippet in between for the planned gig. Nothing is ever perfect but it made us laugh.
Report world wide web February 12, 2009 8:25 PM GMT
Taken from today's IT

Burger customer awarded 25,000

A Supermacs customer has been awarded €25,000 by the High Court for being falsely imprisoned by security staff at the companys main Galway city fast food outlet eight years ago.

Niall Condon (30), Corrandulla, Co Galway, sued Supermacs Ireland Ltd for assault and false imprisonment after he was forcibly detained at the premises in Eyre Square in December 2000.

The High Court sitting in Galway heard evidence last week that Mr Condon had been convicted and fined for a public order offence arising from the same incident.

Ruling that he had been falsely imprisoned from the moment he had been pulled in from the door of the restaurant until the gardaí arrived, Ms Justice Mary Laffoy awarded him general damages of €25,000, with special damages of €438, and his costs.

Certain amount of similarity with the 'Zipi-gate' as set out above, but will the epilogues be the same? Tune in next.....er....whenever the lawyers decide to bother their barney! ;)
Report zipifried February 12, 2009 8:48 PM GMT
i heard that today on the radio - he actually said he had broken his wrist but then retracted this, he was also told off for his own behavior yet he still won case. There is a lot of similarity for sure. Amazing though that it took 9 years for a verdict.
Report world wide web February 12, 2009 8:55 PM GMT
ya and you'll be amazed in 9 years time too! :D If you have the courage of your convictions, then keep in touch with your brief! But don't give him/her a pain in the face :p The wheels of justice can move very slowly indeed!!!!
Report zipifried February 12, 2009 9:06 PM GMT
I certainly will be sticking to my guns on this and not just for any chance of a sum of money either. The more i think about it the more i believe i must see it through as it is only i who have to live with the fact i was treated in such a manner. They should apologize and they should have to pay a price for it to get the message through that they were wrong. The fact they are denying any wrong doing only heightens my annoyance and frustration on this matter. I am sure they are going to try and humiliate me further during proceedings. I don't exactly want to get up in court and explain to people how i was down to my last few bob but such as life these things happen.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 12, 2009 9:13 PM GMT
and not just for any chance of a sum of money either. lol
Report never give up February 12, 2009 9:25 PM GMT
zip is entitled to compensation
Report Little Des February 12, 2009 11:38 PM GMT
................He mocked me again and i reacted by squaring up to him and putting my head into his head. Minimal contact was made as it was merely to give him a fright......................

Zipi,
Be careful you don't shoot yourself in the foot.
Report zipifried February 13, 2009 9:49 AM GMT
As was explained earlier in thread Des that was a mis-interpreted phrase. I already admitted to putting my head up towards his head to look him directly in eyes but there was never any intention to hit him and i didn't, millimeters apart and a hairs breadth is all that meant. Remember he pushed me out of way from door and he struck me with his fist on my face which is recorded on CCTV. There was no injuries and the Garadi did not press charges as they worked out within minutes that the security guards story and he in himself were not completely on the level. If i had wanted to strike him i had ample opportunity and if i had i would have hurt him and caused severe injuries, all this can easily be proved from the CCTV pictures they do have. The security guard said i lashed him with a headbutt. In his mind at that instant he probably thought that was what might have happened when i asked him outside to sort out him calling me a liar, robbing and mocking me. Personally i believe that when he struck me he knew he could be in trouble and that is when he tried to say he was assaulted. There is a big difference.He probably seen a lot of corruption in the police force he was in from the foreign country he is from and he probably thought he could easily try to stitch me up and get away with it as what happens in his own country a lot. The difference is i'm Irish.
Report irishlad February 13, 2009 9:56 AM GMT
Oh god, this is going to run for 9 more years.....
Report Little Des February 15, 2009 3:40 PM GMT
.................Minimal contact was made................

Your words, not mine.
Report ambush February 16, 2009 2:09 PM GMT
very dissapointed that zippy didnt get an oscar nomination or bafta award for his project.best actor,best drama,original screenplay or adaptation.thought he would have been a shoe in
Report Over the last February 16, 2009 3:27 PM GMT
i hear he got an IFTA but wasn't ars*d going to pick it up....that or he couldn't afford the taxi
Report badger's back March 27, 2009 10:42 PM GMT
ttt
ttt
ttt
ttt
Report wonderfulmagicallpaul March 27, 2009 11:37 PM GMT
to end this thread

i work in said shop and no such incident has taken place
Report zipifried March 28, 2009 8:43 AM GMT
i think you will find it did and will be in courts for all to see.
Report TRADESPORT March 28, 2009 2:41 PM GMT
Zipi's brain damage is a direct result of ruc brutality.
Report zipifried March 28, 2009 2:44 PM GMT
Tradesport worried about forthcoming brain damage he will suffer when the scousers win the league
Report CailiniDeas8 March 28, 2009 3:03 PM GMT
The Liverbird will fly proudly over Antrim, Galway and Glasgow.

:_|
Report TRADESPORT March 28, 2009 3:25 PM GMT
zipifried 28 Mar 15:44

Tradesport worried about forthcoming brain damage he will suffer when the scousers win the league

1 point behind and played a game more- Scousers are the equivalent of Mayo GAA supporters.They just cant grasp reality.When United win the league they will want Rafa out again. Deluded and stupid but I suppose everyone knew this already.
Report zipifried March 29, 2009 6:46 AM BST
Dunnes 1 and the own goal :(
Report zipifried May 6, 2009 11:19 AM BST
updateProceedings have now been drafted

The store in question have refused to give over or acknowledge that there are CCTV footage of incident even though they were viewed by Gardai.

There has already been too much time that has elapsed for any assault charge against myself to be issued by the Gardai that being the stores prime defense.

The next step will be in the hands of PIAB and they will then decide on the next step which if the store refuse to pay compensation will then go to trial.

My solicitors have informed me that they are willing to work on a no win no fee basis
Report TRADESPORT May 6, 2009 7:51 PM BST
When do Liverpool win the league please?

This is supposed to be their year and all I can see is more Man United glory.
Report Dr Kildare May 6, 2009 8:10 PM BST
Is this tread a tribunal of some type.
It seems to be going on longer than Dallas did !
Report badger's back May 6, 2009 8:26 PM BST
good news by the sounds of it zipi :)
Report Little Des May 6, 2009 10:59 PM BST
zipi,

Plead guilty as charged and you will probability only get 3 months.

PS - You will still be barred from Dunnes.

;-)
Report never give up May 6, 2009 11:31 PM BST
good luck zippi
Report zipifried May 7, 2009 8:32 AM BST
Thanks lads. It is looking good but this store did not get where they are today by luck so never know what is going to happen.

Yes Des that is true and why i will be trying online grocery shopping for first time today.

Tradesport, it is only a matter of time before Stevie G lifts the league trophy as you well know.
Report TRADESPORT May 8, 2009 9:52 PM BST
This is Liverpools year NAP
Report badger's back May 8, 2009 10:06 PM BST
stop hijacking this thread west-brit
Report Irishlad2 July 6, 2009 4:54 PM BST
Any updates?
Report Irishlad2 July 6, 2009 4:54 PM BST
Any updates?
Report TRADESPORT July 6, 2009 7:57 PM BST
Yes Man United won the league again and Zipi done his dough on the scousers again, 19 years you nordy cant.
Report zipifried July 7, 2009 1:51 PM BST
Proceedings have been issued and the store now have a legal team ready to further slander myself or indeed accept responsibility for the actions of their staff on that day. May be dealt with at the end of year but probably start of next.

fao tradesport: next season and you know it.
Report Little Des July 7, 2009 2:08 PM BST
..............May be dealt with at the end of year but probably start of next.................

Let's hope it will be the start of next year. It would be a shame if
you had to spend Christmas inside.

BD

;-)
Report zipifried July 7, 2009 2:44 PM BST
I am the Plaintiff remember LD
Report Little Des July 7, 2009 3:06 PM BST
;-(
Report irishlad October 20, 2009 5:01 PM BST
We're surely due an update on the biggest legal story to hit Galway?
Report dasium October 20, 2009 5:12 PM BST
god yes..... can't wait the nine years that it took the supermac's case to resolve! surely someone on the betfair forum has a bit of pull and can expediate this through the courts!!! need to know the outcome!
Report dasium October 20, 2009 5:12 PM BST
god yes..... can't wait the nine years that it took the supermac's case to resolve! surely someone on the betfair forum has a bit of pull and can expediate this through the courts!!! need to know the outcome!
Report zipifried October 21, 2009 11:37 AM BST
let me get over this flu first...

it will not be long now till it is in the courts, not sure when myself, nearly exactly a year since it happened.
Report Little Des March 1, 2010 1:21 PM GMT
It'll probably be SIX MONTHS until we hear from Zipi.

;-)
Report db1974 May 7, 2010 1:31 PM BST
Here you go zipi!
Report db1974 May 7, 2010 1:36 PM BST
Zipifried2 06 May 10 19:34

Can't get the initial thread up on new forum, hasn't been a lot to report as their lawyers have not responded since they gave their defence which was basically a flat refusal of any blame or wrongdoing.
   They have still not responded to the request for the various cctv footage and thus a motion to for recovery of evidence has been drafted. There are many issues in the cctv footage that will prove how the events unfolded.
   It is expected to get it into court before xmas but possibility of new year as their lawyers refuse to cooperate and hope i go away

claimingseven 06 May 10 20:14   

Delay Delay Delay Delay Delay

I hope you are not paying your solicitors unless you win your case.Could drag on for quite a while.

Zipifried2 06 May 10 20:20   

Are you still working for said company Claimingseven?

claimingseven 06 May 10 21:09   

I am Zipi. Shower of coonts will delay delay delay and drag it out for as long as possible.

Zipifried2 06 May 10 21:26   

I thought they might but they have harmed themselves refusing to reply to requests and the likes, there is concrete proof they have cctv footage from 2 or 3 different camera that will go along way to proving my account is true and the one they gave is not.  Luckily i have a wealthy backer on board and a lot of patience. I have a feeling it may go into next year.

claimingseven 06 May 10 21:35   

Sounds like you found a Sugar Mummy Zipi!

Zipifried2 06 May 10 21:40   

let's hope it is concluded before she pops her clogs

punchestown 07 May 10 13:16   

Sounds like a case for Petrocelli.

boxingthefox 07 May 10 13:22   

Best of luck with this Zip, glad you are able to pursue it. All the best
Report db1974 May 7, 2010 1:37 PM BST
Just to keep a bit of momentum like!
Report Zipifried2 May 7, 2010 1:57 PM BST
Nice one db, i thought this was gone with old forum. Is there a new way of getting old threads up?
Report db1974 May 7, 2010 2:24 PM BST
Any thread which was active in the last 6 months is still alive.

At the bottom of each forum section there is a list of page numbers so it's just a case of trawling through them to find whichever one you're looking for.
Report Little Des May 7, 2010 3:14 PM BST
Zippy

Is it true you have sold the rights to Hollywood for a film?

If so, who is playing the lead ?

Cool
Report bollocky bill May 7, 2010 4:33 PM BST
Twink!!
Report Zipifried2 May 7, 2010 5:37 PM BST
No Little Des still finalizing the book before Hollywood get a look at it, making sure i get an assistant directer role otherwise they just wouldn't get it right, don't want Bollocky Bill casting too many Twinks!
Report Zipifried2 May 10, 2010 9:32 PM BST
It is official > No CCTV footage has been disclosed and all evidence that would prove my version of events have mysteriously gone missing despite the numerous requests that were all ignored. Instead they are relying on their supposed rite to refuse anybody items they have bought at their own will ' The difference is we're Irish'.

All proceedings are now finished and a trial will be set very soon.
Report claimingseven May 10, 2010 10:04 PM BST
You had to expect that would happen Zipi. New camera systems only store footage for two months, old tape system, well its very easy to lose a tape!

The very best of luck to you Zipi but i feel you are up against it here.

I look forward to reading the book and watching the film because imo that is the only way you will get any cash out of this.
Report Zipifried2 May 10, 2010 10:22 PM BST
The first requests were made before 2 months and as the gardai viewed tapes for initial assault charge then they were to keep the tapes by law, the fact they 'lost them' is not good enough. If what you are saying is it is ok for them to discriminate, cheat, lie , insult, ignore their customers because 'that's just the way it is' then their lies the problem from the very beginning.

They have already admitted a number of things in their defence statement so they can not deny that it happened. It is up to the judge to decide on what he has in front of him and if he is fair and honest then i wouldn't be so sure about your lot winning. The truth is on my side and although that doesn't seem to matter much to some, it should.
Report ACSC \SDCV DV FDD May 11, 2010 8:30 PM BST
Is the security guard is employed by the store or by a contract company  ?

Did the Security guard have his PSA card on display ?
Report Zipifried2 May 11, 2010 8:52 PM BST
Not sure on both questions, i think he may have been employed by store and i don't remember any id on show or the likes but it may have been.. What difference does it make?
Report knobs May 11, 2010 10:57 PM BST
lol

Better than home and away this fred

Quality reading
Report zipifried November 11, 2010 5:11 PM GMT
The story will come to a conclusion early Feb now the date has been set ( at long last) barring any more delays Grin
Report zipifried June 21, 2011 6:18 PM BST
Case concluded today. The witnesses lied throghut their evidnence. I toldhe truth and nothing but the truth. The judge made  a long statement at end as he does and completely judged every detail correctly and without and hesitation giving me renewed faith in the system and people i have to say. 20K. A big thank you to those who supported me on this thread ...Maestro of swords, deb perry, Badgers back, tubsy, claimingsseven, ballaman, Seamushan , Irish lad, never give up and a couple of others.

The foundation of justice is good faith.”

go raibh maith agat.
Report thegalwayman June 21, 2011 6:20 PM BST
Well done. You earned it.
Report zipifried June 21, 2011 6:20 PM BST
Thank you Galwayman
Report Tony Fenton June 21, 2011 6:21 PM BST
Who lied exactly zipi?
Report zipifried June 21, 2011 6:32 PM BST
The security guard came out with a brrage of lies but it is not important now Tony
Report Tony Fenton June 21, 2011 6:57 PM BST
I am glad you have found peace brother zipi.
Report Barca 4 Life June 21, 2011 7:44 PM BST
Finally justice for the little guy, Well done mate cant stand people on power trips wish more people took your stance the world would be a nicer place
Report Tony Fenton June 21, 2011 8:01 PM BST
07 Jul 09 13:51 fao tradesport: next season and you know it.

Some gold in this thread from the zipi boyo.
Report db1974 June 21, 2011 8:53 PM BST
Well done OP BTW

What happened with legal fees or did you get free legal aid?

That is some delay from original incident to closure in the courts

29-Oct-08 - 21-Jun-2011

Over 2 and a half years

No wonder the country is fcuked
Report zipifried June 21, 2011 8:58 PM BST
Thanks Barca and db It was not free legal Aid no, very good law team. The fees are paid by Defendents.
Report Newmanix June 21, 2011 10:42 PM BST
Congrats[;)]
Report never give up June 21, 2011 11:16 PM BST
well done zippi..............fair play to u
Report ballaman68 June 22, 2011 3:01 PM BST
well done zipifred, worth the wait, hope thay dont mess you around with the payments.
Report zipifried June 22, 2011 3:15 PM BST
They are doing just that Ballaman today. You can't win even when you win it seems, a judge completely judged every detail in my favor and still they complain.
Report Barca 4 Life June 24, 2011 10:41 AM BST
They will hold out till the very last minute with payment zip, The judge will give them a deadline so fully expect it to be giving on the 11th hour.
Report zipifried June 24, 2011 11:32 AM BST
All sorted Barca, will be getting a court order of all details of case and full Judges summary very soon. There was a few details i did not mention on this thread also.
Report Tony Fenton June 24, 2011 12:10 PM BST
Will you keep us posted please zipifred.
Report zipifried June 24, 2011 12:16 PM BST
What newspapers do you read Tony ?
Report Tony Fenton June 24, 2011 12:22 PM BST
I concentrate on the sun mainly. Sometimes stretch to the daily mail. Why?
Report zipifried June 24, 2011 12:44 PM BST
Curiousiy, might look into putting the story in one for the craic ,inthe coming weeks.
Report TradeFair June 24, 2011 1:00 PM BST
How much of the 20k will you get? 28%?
Report kincsem June 24, 2011 1:01 PM BST
€20k is nice.  I'd keep going to that supermarket. Happy
Report zipifried June 24, 2011 1:11 PM BST
Yes Tradefair these lawyers always find a way to reduce it , i ould have gone to a higher court and won but that meant going another year so a redution yes to avoid that so 25% taxed burst my bubble somewhat.
Report ballaman68 June 24, 2011 1:15 PM BST
The award is taxed ????????
Report zipifried June 24, 2011 1:23 PM BST
Taxed would be my terminology for it but technically no but there won't be any lengthly appeals. A common occurence in such cases and something i was aware of before case.
Report TradeFair June 24, 2011 1:26 PM BST
25% sounds fair considering you only had to wait 2 years. Spend it wisely, you put enough work into it.
Report zipifried June 24, 2011 1:33 PM BST
Thanks TF , 2 and half years, they tried 50% but not a hope. It is already gone as soon as it goes mind ,to finance the mothers case for unfair dismissal and failure to pay her pension by a certain hospital in the North.
Report TradeFair June 24, 2011 1:34 PM BST
Well that's good. Others will disagree but it was never about the money.
Report zipifried June 24, 2011 1:38 PM BST
Exactly TF, something none of us should take for granted.
Report ballaman68 June 24, 2011 1:40 PM BST
Sorry zipi, whats the deduction for?

In my innocence i would have presumed that if you are awarded €20k plus costs then thats what you get.
Report GANT007 June 24, 2011 1:50 PM BST
The award should not be taxed unless you did some sort of a split with the solicitor as part payment...........the solicitor will get the full settlenent figure cheque which will include your award and the legal teams bill..........don't let the legal boys shaft you.
Report zipifried June 24, 2011 1:54 PM BST
My thoughts too Ballaman but these people don't care about any of that and they can hit you with a lengthly appeal which unless you have bottomless pits of money and time then you are powerless to stop it unless you come to a settlement. It is the way it works, you can't win even when you do. I don't know if you watched the recent Defamation cases on a program on the BBC recently, they have to pay tens of thousands for cases just to win back thier costs if they are lucky. The laws aid the wealthy right through the system, there is no way out of it.
Report ilikewavingatbuses June 24, 2011 2:11 PM BST
awesome zipi, delighted for u. the first post made my blood boil, delighted u got justice in the end!!

gl
Report badger's back June 24, 2011 4:21 PM BST
congrats zipi.
great news
Report mightymoyes June 24, 2011 6:37 PM BST
sorry who gets the other 72% of the 20k?
Report zipifried June 24, 2011 6:54 PM BST
Thanks Badger, you read wrong mightymoyes ... 25% was stolen by the defendents so as not to go through a lengthly appeal  process that they would have lost also but they don't care as they would get paid anyway.
Report BraveInca2006. June 24, 2011 7:42 PM BST
I hope you played it all up on Famous Name tonight.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com