Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 305 comments are related to the topic:
Any Legal heads around for assault charge advice?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 8  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 305
By:
hammy
When: 03 Nov 08 15:03
Id just break their windows in the dark of the night repeatly.
By:
tyronesam
When: 03 Nov 08 22:48
pay this security guard a visit and give him 12 euros worth of a hurling stick.....NAP
By:
shaggykev
When: 04 Nov 08 08:06
zip you derserve a medal for not headbutting that guy

he was def on an almighty power trip

it really is sad that theses individuals do these things proving that the little power they do have is too mbeuch for them

bouncers are def the worst- i always find bus drivers complete and utter w@nkers most of the time too-

security guards are like you said- not good enough to become proper guards so think that hassling young men and treating them like knackers is the only was to become powerful and important

that lad is one sad baxtard and prob has the most meaningless life
By:
shaggykev
When: 04 Nov 08 08:13
i must also say there must be something about westside galway

i was in college and was shopping for some drink in aldi- i know cheap pish- the doll at the checkout asked me for id- i was 19 at the time but looked older than that and hadnt been asked for id since i was about 15- i freaked out and nearly got in a full fisticuffs with a security guard called over

the checkout girl was on a complete power trip and knew fine well there was no way i was under 18- just wanted to feck over my day- think i had college id but that didnt suffice-wanted a passport- that sent me over the edge- didnt think i was trying to leave the country- just wanted a bottle of cheap hooch

also in that dunnes in westside recently my partner got asked for id when she was buying a bottle of blue wkd with her shopping by a young one at the checkout- shes fecking 25- complete and utter losers who have nothing better than to annoy others and wreck their days
By:
thegalwayman
When: 04 Nov 08 10:46
A really fantastic thread.
By:
thegalwayman
When: 05 Nov 08 10:16
You should heed the advice of www zipifried.

**gykev, I find your 2 posts absolutely hilarious. You were 19 buying beer and felt you had the right to lose the head because you were asked for id? Also, what is your bird at buying a bottle of blue wkd with her shopping if she is 25?
By:
shaggykev
When: 05 Nov 08 10:32
lol

in both cases the girl at the checkout was taking the complete and utter p iss

the old doing everything by the book is not an Irish tradition

i don't know why she drinks it- its hardly to get**ed- its got feck all alcohol in it- its just blue lemonade

the case with me was that i had a college id and they wanted a fecking passport to prove my age- thats what really set me off
By:
zipifried
When: 05 Nov 08 11:12
Thegalwayman, I have followed his www advice and i will be dropping into the station tomorrow to make a statement. If he has made a statement and has not come to his senses then i will contact a few people at the store HQ and see if they can stop the action. I still have not had my money returned to my card.
By:
badger's back
When: 06 Nov 08 21:40
did you give statement zipi.
what did the gardai say.
is your man pressing charges
By:
ambush
When: 06 Nov 08 21:44
its like home and away.have to tune in every day to see whats happening .then find that u have to wait for the next episode
By:
badger's back
When: 06 Nov 08 22:27
lol
By:
secong coming.
When: 06 Nov 08 22:40
unfortunately you lost me when you said you head butted albeit slightly...whatever happens touching other people is not on... NO EXCUSES other than self defence...sorry you lose here...your circumstances will not let you off this incident
By:
zipifried
When: 07 Nov 08 12:05
I went into station yesterday but the Garda i was dealing with was not in. He won't be back to next week so i left my number. I will let him contact me. I still have hope there was no charges pressed yet but we will see.
By:
Beverley Tipster
When: 07 Nov 08 19:18
Icchantika, you are a d£€$head, you judge somebody else's misfortunes and then mock!!!
If you are such a good punter, give is all a laugh and give us your nap for tomorrow or next week at Cheltenham, and then we will all have loads of money and feast in the cafe in Dunnes!!!
By:
The Icchantika
When: 08 Nov 08 12:53
My nap is woninthedark in the greatwood...if he runs
By:
Beverley Tipster
When: 11 Nov 08 13:44
It won't run, so give me another!!!

I'm gonna starve b4 you help me make money???
By:
badger's back
When: 12 Nov 08 20:25
zipi-did garda get in touch with ya
By:
ambush
When: 12 Nov 08 20:51
am missing my**of this soap drama.last few posts feel l;ike ads
By:
zipifried
When: 12 Nov 08 21:07
Still no word from the Gardai i left contact details with. Perhaps the complaint was dropped i don't know. Stay tuned there still may be a twist in this.
By:
ambush
When: 12 Nov 08 21:18
as in all good soaps.
By:
badger's back
When: 12 Nov 08 21:19
if charges are (hopefully) dropped will you still pursue your claim
By:
zipifried
When: 12 Nov 08 22:03
I still have not had my money returned, Not sure about the claim as yet. I may give it a go for the craic, it has been a thought still knocking about in the head. Quite funny how since this Richie Dunne has scored 2 own goals and made big mistakes and last game got a red card. Could be a sign.
By:
zipifried
When: 21 Nov 08 13:59
And so the story is not finished after all. Just got a call from the Gardai to come in and make a statement today as the Security clown has made his. The guard on the phone agreed the man was being petty. Might just pop in to a solicitors and see about making a counter complaint. Bananas!
By:
Little Des
When: 21 Nov 08 14:28
Instead of making a statement to the Gardai, why not put
the nut in like you did to the security guard. I'm sure this would
put an end to the matter.
By:
zipifried
When: 21 Nov 08 14:35
The nut was not put into the security though was it.
By:
stoppedinbehind1
When: 21 Nov 08 21:35
zip, as an insider this case is going nowhere. the cops will kill it when you story emerges
By:
zipifried
When: 21 Nov 08 21:51
^Stoppe, You are an insider how? After today it seems they will kill it.
By:
MissingRibOfPrince
When: 22 Nov 08 09:56
Do not go and make any counter-claim. All that matters in these events is what he SAYS happened and you SAY happened. It doesn't matter what actually happened.
He sounds like a pr1ck, nobody is saying otherwise, but he will exaggerate what you did if you get too involved. Sounds like the gardai are telling him you did fck all so let them take care of discouraging him from persuing a claim.
Morally, you have been hard done by, not just by this pr1ck but by the company, who were pathetic. Never shop there, tell your friends and family never to shop there. Forget the 12 quid. But if you get dragged into arguments, legally you may get done for assault. Laying your hand on someone's shoulder without permission is assault if they say so. Remember Dunphy years ago?. Its not worth it, move on. Good luck.
By:
badger's back
When: 22 Nov 08 12:37
good advice from missingribofprince zipi.
sounds like it will go in your favour which is good news.
By:
zipifried
When: 22 Nov 08 13:19
Ta Badger. Yes he has summed it up completely. No justice but at least it should not go any further, It will all be sorted out by Friday what exactly will happen.
By:
shogun
When: 22 Nov 08 15:59
Zipi,
I have been reading this for the last while now and I cant believe that you are now just happy to let it be! This is a serious issue and had it been someone else who had to look after another it could have been catastrophic! They deprived you of basic foodstuffs for the time mentioned!
I know that you have calmed down now as the time has passed but this clown of a security sham had you in this state for a prolonged time. I think you should exact some trouble upon him regardless. I would have kicked up an almighty rumpus with the GM of the store and definetly came big with the legal fall out and bad publicity that you could bring.
I have had the fortune/misfortune to deal with some of these apes in my career and it is unquestionable how satisfying it is to bring them down a peg or two.
Each to their own but I think a re-read of this thread will show you that your opinion has softened way too much.

S
By:
zipifried
When: 22 Nov 08 16:16
I agree totally Shogun and still i would like to do something more about it. It is completely wrong what happened and i don't feel any justification if the bogus assault charge is dropped like it looks lightly. All i can tell you is i still feel very angry about it but at the same time treading carefully as i see how it pans out.

There is a lot of differing views on this thread regarding all issues.

I was told yesterday that there was video footage and that it proved inconclusive as the camera was too far away.

By Tuesday i can contact the store HQ and come to agreement that if charges are dropped i will not make a counter complaint. Then again there was no assault and certainly no evidence. There was no bloodshed and no marks on claimants face and 2 Gardai who agree to that. These Gardai do not want to waste there time on this any more and would prefer all complaints to be dropped but i also sense ( 100%) they completely agree that this guy was completely in the wrong.

Or i could go down other avenues.
By:
Little Des
When: 23 Nov 08 06:05
.......He mocked me again and i reacted by squaring up to him and putting my head into his head. Minimal contact was made as it was merely to give him a fright.............

Ooops, only a "lttle nut" then !!!!!
By:
zipifried
When: 23 Nov 08 13:30
Little Des, Minimal contact meaning a tap as in foreheads touched. The head was not swung in his direction to make contact, it was more a push with the head as you would see in many a football match . No marks or bloodshed was caused.
By:
Little Des
When: 23 Nov 08 13:34
zipifried

It's not ME you have to convince !!!
Should you ever place your forehead on mine, however gently, I hope
you will forgive me for an unsporting reaction.
By:
tobywong.
When: 23 Nov 08 13:36
Wait about five years and when its all forgot about , hire a few hoods in balaclavas to batter the fcuk out of him , he wont know where it came from.
By:
zipifried
When: 23 Nov 08 13:41
Little des, i appreciate your comments as of course these questions would be asked. You have to remember though that there was a lot of provocation and this guy had effectively sanctioned my mugging. So you can appreciate and adverse reaction to that too i am sure.
By:
ballaman68
When: 24 Nov 08 14:20
zipifred i have a lot of sympathy for you in relation to this episode, my advise would be to let it die a death, the simple fact of the matter is , though provoked you did make contact with your head on his head,

that is assault and he has witnesses, in court thats assault--- not fair i know but thats life. if the charges are dropped then i would let everything else go as well, its nor worth talking on a big company in legal matters.

put it down to experience and move on.
By:
zipifried
When: 24 Nov 08 14:44
Ballman, i have just been sending a few emails to solicitors on this matter. I hear what your saying and i am divided between the two options. The case will be dropped if i wish to not make the counter complaint. Yes they are a huge company that really will not be losing any sleep over this and indeed i perhaps have more to lose but..

There was no actual assault, there are witnesses to say that there was no marks or bloodshed on the mans face that prove he was not struck. . The witnesses of the man were sitting directly behind the incident and all they would have seen is myself approaching the man. The cctv cameras are inconclusive but they can prove his witnesses were sitting behind incident.

If i let this die then i will then have to live with the fact that i accepted another man/company leaving me without foodstuffs for 2 days through no fault of my own whatsoever. Patterns like theses tend to repeat themselves in some form if they are not stopped. Also since then i have had people i know ask me was i shoplifting as i was seen handcuffed and taken through the store. You can imagine how this reignited my anger.

At this stage i would rather i make the complaint and lose and face the bogus assault charge rather than all charges and complaints dropped on either side.
By:
ballaman68
When: 24 Nov 08 20:59
i understand your frustration and admire your stance, sometimes we must pick our battles wisely and i fear this may not be the best of battles for you.

however i wish you the best of luck.
Page 3 of 8  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com