Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 766 comments are related to the topic:
epsom derby 2018

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 5 of 20  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | 20 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 766
By:
Figgis
When: 19 May 18 20:43
We are talking about the race now at the current odds. Saxon Warrior is a 4/5 chance. Do you think he is a bet at 4/5? If so what price do you think he should be?
By:
A_T
When: 19 May 18 20:55
Try My Best STFU you appear to have nothing interesting to say - just like i123.
By:
The Headmaster
When: 19 May 18 20:57
The next scratching stage is Tuesday.
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 21:02
what is your selection . just give me it. what do u think will win. It couldn't be simpler
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 21:03
just say for once in your life
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 21:05
If u get it wrong no probs with me. Just say what u think ffs
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 21:06
You have a load of opinion which turns out to be nonsense all the time. So just say it
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 21:07
Just want your selection
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 21:12
u just won't say will u. A forum where you spout your nonsense and won't put up a selection.
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 21:20
won't ask u again. it's obvious you can't give an answer. just don't come on here saying you've made money on the heat. credibility shot to pieces
By:
The Headmaster
When: 19 May 18 21:24
Connections of Study Of Man are leaning toward Chantilly but will leave the French colt in at the next stage
By:
Figgis
When: 19 May 18 21:37
just don't come on here saying you've made money on the heat

Never have and never would. That's your modus operandi. Just like last year's thread when I put up Cliffs of Moher (along with other posters) before Chester and in the event him getting beat cost me around 10k. It was quite a long thread with various posters discussing the race. I remember Brigust making his case for Cracksman. Then with no previous input to the thread up you pop after the race crowing how you'd backed the winner Grin
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 21:48
i have proved myself figg arse. not the best tipster on here but have a record. You have nothing, zilch, zero to your name. Im only asking for a selection. Last chance. Will you give me one. yes or no. if not just say and i won't ask u again and everyone can make their own judgement.
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 21:54
No i didn't think so. adios loser
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 19 May 18 22:51
deary me this has gone downhill! Scared

although Try my best is obviously a ballydoyle fan, I reckon that is the way to go anyway, just back ballydoyle with a little bit of reasoning behind it. seems to be the only stable apart from maybe gosdens, who produces the goods time and again. look at this lockinge today, some of us got sucked into backing haggas and balding, but they rarely win the big races. O'brien wins them all the time.

his main hope got sent off about the same price as the other two. Ok you could point to price, and ballydoyle horses priced up correctly blah blah blah, still think it's a better approach than most.

don't agree with the insulting comments though and I think this place should be better policed, if you send insults at another poster you should be kicked off for good imo.
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 23:01
pmsl
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 23:03
lets face it figg arse. You think SW will win deep down. But coz you got the horse so wrong you cant say it. Give you a get out of jail card. u can still select it and i won't say a word.
By:
charwell.
When: 19 May 18 23:08
FFS stop ruining the thread children and grow up.
By:
Figgis
When: 19 May 18 23:18
So not adios then? Thought not somehow. I've said all along that I thought SW was more of a Derby horse than a Guineas horse so the fact that he won the Guineas, albeit a very weak one in my view, gives him a very good chance in the Derby, which again, for the hard of reading, I've already said he has. However the point of betting, to anyone but an utter moron, is taking a price that you think is value compared to the chance you think it has, not about which horse is the most likely winner. I have no interest in backing a non certain runner at 4/5 as I don't believe it offers value in this case. I'll leave you to admire your 100/1 SW voucher. Let's hope you don't end up having to chuck it with the other 50 Ballydoyle runners you backed Wink
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 23:36
Well done at last. you think he will probably win but no value. That is a perfectly reasonable stance to take. Why it took u so long to say it god only knows. So to confirm that is your selection pmsl? just so we know where u are on the day.
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 23:42
so u had a horse who needed to find a stone to win the guineas to thinking he will win the derby. Well done. Great analysis. Donkey. You are so informative.
By:
impossible123
When: 20 May 18 03:10
'Try My Best', at last a 1/2 answer from 'Figgis'; it only took 9 hrs! Let's hope he's more decisive in making decisions in life.

Saxon Warrior at 4/1 prior to his 2000G run. Hope that helps.
By:
PeteTheBloke
When: 20 May 18 09:34
Can't you two just block each other so that we can use this thread to talk about the Derby?
By:
The Headmaster
When: 20 May 18 10:22
Wise words Pete.  Or eff off to "Horse Racing" where this sort of nonsense is de rigeur.
By:
Figgis
When: 20 May 18 13:32
"I think his strength in the end will be a mile and a quarter at least. He's beautifully bred to do that"

Gosden's comment after the poor Craven run. He wasn't too keen on going for the Guineas and mentioned the Dante and the PDJC but with the very easy Dante win it would be disappointing if he doesn't go for the big one with a horse whose strength will be 10f "at least".
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 20 May 18 13:43
maybe I'm bonkers but for me roaring lion's dante win was the most visually impressive one of the season...

you can only go with what you see... Surprised
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 20 May 18 17:08
We might know more on Tuesday - Breakfast with the Stars and Gosden is attending because he likes the sausages and wants to give Lah Ti Dar a spin.

He's media savvy and surely won't want to spend the morning dodging questions about Roaring Lion's participation. I suppose it depends whether he's had the conversation with the owner yet but the race is less than two weeks away so a decision is surely imminent.
By:
kincsem
When: 20 May 18 17:14
My selection is Knight To Behold at 22s.
Why?  I think he is guaranteed to stay at a reasonable speed.
By:
gpz6316
When: 21 May 18 14:24
the guardian reports gosden is leaning towards epsom and will announce the decision on tuesday morning
By:
Figgis
When: 21 May 18 14:56
“Sheikh Fahad has discussed it with John and is happy to let him make the final decision,” said the owner’s racing manager, David Redvers.

All left to Gosden then so Epsom looks certain.
By:
gpz6316
When: 21 May 18 15:12
ya i read it figg dont forget it was gosden that threw the prix du jockey club up in the first place so its not set in stone yet
By:
Figgis
When: 21 May 18 15:17
No, gpz6316, not set in stone. This will win/won't win mentality appears to be catching, I should've said near certain Wink
By:
gpz6316
When: 21 May 18 15:46
just thinking on ,  hes decided to announce the decision at breakfast with the stars a derby event . it would be rather crass to announce hes going french derby . given the circumstance , johnny  wouldnt do that to the morning event so yes its the derby ! and about time
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 21 May 18 15:58
i suspect if it was left to gosden he would go to the french derby, but the owners want to win the epsom one.
By:
gpz6316
When: 21 May 18 16:20
it seems great news for roaring lion fans me included , but , he could just be flat as a pancake on derby day , given his recent runs . i layed out most of the 16.0 i got ,  after he won the dante . given saxons form figures this could be a year like entrepreneur . so i will wait now to see  his wellbeing on the day . youth always recovers better so im thinking he can but i wanna see some exuberance in the parade ring
By:
impossible123
When: 21 May 18 17:34
I agree, Epsom for Roaring Lion otherwise a slap in the face for Epsom if announcing at Epsom he is not going to the Derby. I'm glad he goes there as the best horses ought to as there's only one Derby. But, can he beat Saxon Warrior, assuming both horses stay 12f and all things being equal?

My heart says Epsom but my head says France. We'll see on 2nd June at about 16:45.
By:
Figgis
When: 21 May 18 17:54
I think some people are unaware that posting any pointless thought that comes into their head holds no interest to anyone else.

Anyway gpz6316, looks like Gosden might not make the breakfast gig anyway, they're talking about the heat and the Oaks fav. Don't believe it will make any difference at all though to the Derby decision.
By:
harry callaghan
When: 21 May 18 22:18
My heart says Epsom but my head says France. We'll see on 2nd June at about 16:45.

no the only thing your interested in, is him not running as he is a danger to the horse you have backed and is why you are ramping him to go to FRANCE like you have been since he ran at york because it suits your bet you have struck with saxon warrior, what a truly sickening individual you really are
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 21 May 18 22:34
truly sickening?

it's a forum harry, get some perspective mate. he's a very boring individual, as shown by his posts. truly sickening though is someone like a rapist, or a murderer.

doubt he even has a bet on either just a fantasy punter.
By:
Figgis
When: 22 May 18 11:38
Apparently some people think it is just a matter of time before Saxon Warrior is hailed a superstar of the turf, but for me so far he has only won a weak Guineas. Nevertheless that form would give him an outstanding chance in a typical Derby if it can be replicated over the longer trip. I'm almost certain he'll get the 12f and if he can repeat the Guineas form to the pound he would have an odds on chance. However, because of his profile, the performances he put up last year and his performance/time in the Guineas I reckon there is an odds on chance he'll regress somewhat from the Guineas run. Those in the will he/won't he camp can look away now. I prefer to think of the words of that well known shrewdie, Harry Hill, "What are the chances of that happening?". I can't know for sure how Saxon Warrior will perform next time but in similar circumstances from the past I know there is a decent chance he could be below his best. In my book this makes him more like a 5/2 shot, so while still having a very good chance, he's no odds on.

I don't blame Gosden for biding his time before announcing his decision but for me there was always only one way to go after the Dante. The way that was run shouldn't have taken anything at all out of Roaring Lion and I reckon the horse his going to achieve a peak performance next time. In my book he is the favourite and a maximum bet.
Page 5 of 20  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | 20 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com