Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 766 comments are related to the topic:
epsom derby 2018

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 20  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 20 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 766
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 17 May 18 21:17

Figgis 17 May 18 16:00 Joined: 28 Sep 04 | Topic/replies: 7,337 | Blogger: Figgis's blog
Irrespective of RL's chances I'd take Gosden's negativity with a pinch of salt. His comments have often put punters away in the past. Not suggesting he does it on purpose but he generally sounds over cautious, talks up the opposition and is keen to state what a big task his runners have

totally agree figs. loves playing it down.
By:
The Headmaster
When: 18 May 18 10:43
Cheers bobbyjo.

All bets aside, this horse has to run doesn't he?  You can tell Murphy wants him to run at Epsom.  Whatever Gosden's saying at the mo, this is a man who loves to 'roll the big dice'.  Surely he won't be able to resist?  And he shouldn't.  They've got a right chance.
By:
impossible123
When: 18 May 18 20:51
Gosden is shrewd. He knows Roaring Lion's best trip is 10f, and Saxon Warrior is also the better horse.

I think connection will shirk Epsom and do France instead. Post this with a Gp 1 victory (hopefully) under his belt there will be ample opportunities to do battle with Saxon Warrior later in the year, I believe, eg Eclipse, King George, etc.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 18 May 18 21:50
how does he "know" that saxon warrior is better? he might suspect it, but he doesn't "know"

the only way he can find out is at epsom.
By:
bobbyjo
When: 18 May 18 23:10
Agree HM - there is only one Derby
By:
A_T
When: 19 May 18 10:22
The Derby is far more prestigious that the PdJC - especially since the latter dropped to 10f and became the classic for colts too slow to win a Guineas. But connections do sponsor the Chantilly race so might nevertheless happen.
By:
Figgis
When: 19 May 18 11:13
Gosden IS shrewd, he knows that it's very possible to turn around a 2 and a half length winning margin on another day over a further 4 furlongs and that winning the PDJC means Jack Schitt compared to THE Derby.
By:
Sandown
When: 19 May 18 13:40
Second guessing the intentions of owners & trainers is harder to win at than forecasting likely winners of races.We will always be odds against in that matter.

Personally, I would always have  the Arc way more prestigious than the St Leger from  a racing & breeding standpoint (plus better prize money) but it would appear that the SL may be  Saxon Warrior's target after Epsom, if quotes are to be taken at face value. Of course, that doesn't rule out a trip to Longchamp but given the choice, would that be O'Briens preferred prep run, I wonder? Maybe the  Triple Crown means more to Magnier et al than another Arc? Maybe they think the horse is good enough to go one better than Nijinsky? Who really knows?
By:
Sandown
When: 19 May 18 13:47
As for Roaring Lion, if Gosden really does believe that its optimum trip is 10f, and if he is being honest in his positive opinion of SW, then he is balancing a higher chance of winning in France against a lesser chance of winning at Epsom.Leaving aside other considerations, the decision should be the French Derby imo, but I wouldn't bet on it.
By:
Figgis
When: 19 May 18 14:04
The Dante was run over 1m2f 88y, and there was no sign of RL stopping there. Will Gosden pass up the chance of winning another Derby with a horse who won his trial so impressively for fear of an extra 1 and a half furlongs? Possibly, but I know I wouldn't.
By:
Figgis
When: 19 May 18 14:10
As to whether Roaring Lion did actually improve in the Dante it's difficult to say. The time wasn't great due to the slow early pace, so no fault of the winner but we didn't get to see what he's really capable of in a truly run race. On previous form he was entitled to win as far as that as long as his main opponents didn't improve. Looking at the results it's safe to say they didn't so maybe he achieved no more than before. On the other hand you couldn't fail to be impressed with the manner he performed throughout and Gosden was very confident he'd come on since the Guineas.
By:
Sandown
When: 19 May 18 16:11
I think that I heard Gosden say that RL is better than Benny The Dip but not as good as Golden Horn.If so, and if he is right, then that might make Gosden more cautious about Epsom. Of course, the owner might decide whatever Gosden says.
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 16:26
Will Saxon have to improve another 9lbs to win the Derby Figgis like he had to to win the guineas pmsl. Good luck with your roaring lion project.
By:
Sankara
When: 19 May 18 16:28
Some jealous posters on here.
By:
Figgis
When: 19 May 18 16:34
Never said I'm backing RL, just said I'd be surprised if they choose not to run him. Been trying to learn from an expert like yourself but not seen many posts where you actually give an opinion, apart from a love of all things Coolmore. Oh, and a partiality to tip the odds on in a 2 runner event then completely disappear from the thread when it goes tits up Wink
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 16:34
You keep following like the sheep you are.
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 16:35
Never seen you back a winner. Expert Eye ffs you couldn't maker it up
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 16:36
Spo saxon had to improve 9lbs to win the guineas and won with probably 6 in hand. You are only a stone and a bit out. Plonker
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 16:37
You know nothing
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 16:39
you might have backed the irish rover if you had followed somebody with half a clue. I put them up for you.
By:
Figgis
When: 19 May 18 16:40
I think Taylor will control Cross and at the price looks great value. Must admit I thought Cross was unbelievable in the semis. Taylor to win 7-4

Can't win em all Wink
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 16:50
oh dear. Is that the best you can do. You have got it wrong so bad time after time. You know nothing and I'm being kind. How about Qualify, over 100/1 on here Wings of Eagles over 100/ on here, Camelot, Saxon Warrior , Mendlessohn over 100/1 on here. You are a novice who puts the sheep on here away with your horrendous judgement. Lets face it you know nothing.
By:
Figgis
When: 19 May 18 16:56
Well done. All those successes, but that just makes it all the more baffling you bother with anything I say, as I can assure you I've never been interested in anything you've said Wink
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 16:57
thats why you are skint.
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 16:58
I don't bother. Very surprised some of the other mugs on here do.
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 16:58
just admit you are clueless
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 17:42
You are a handicapping genius.
By:
impossible123
When: 19 May 18 18:05
I think there will be a motorcade of AOB's runners riding shotgun for Saxon Warrior making sure he's not tempered with in the journey to Derby victory.
By:
The Headmaster
When: 19 May 18 18:17
Hi Try My Best,
This is a nice Derby thread for nice Derby enthusiasts.  I'm sure you are one so let's see a bit more of that.
Thanks,
HM
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 18:20
Just waiting for the master to put his tip up ffs. He will cover all the field without putting up a tip. Speak in generalities so he can come on here and say well i did say that. We are waiting with bated breath for your Derby selection Figgis. Then everyone on here can disregard it and save themselves some money.
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 18:24
OK the headmaster. Fair comment. Just don't like bull****s and Figgis is one of them. Will not post again. Good luck forumites.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 19 May 18 18:43
LaughLaugh
By:
Figgis
When: 19 May 18 19:00
Just don't like bull****s

Qualify, over 100/1 on here Wings of Eagles over 100/ on here, Camelot, Saxon Warrior , Mendlessohn over 100/1 on here

Me neither Grin
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 19:14
128 player betfair tipster competition figg arse. who won. Oh i did. does that make me the best tipster on here. No it doesn't but more than u have ever done. You are a grade 1 ****. Backed them all and got money in the bank. Oh I forgot churchill and dozens more.  What is your derby tip dickhead?
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 19:16
Bull****
By:
Figgis
When: 19 May 18 19:26
Will not post again

Full of it Happy
By:
Try My Best
Don't worry the tiddlywinks forum is just about to be launched Figgis. Have a go at that. Good luck you will facking need it
By:
Try My Best
Bull****
By:
impossible123
When: 19 May 18 19:34
Just put 'Figgis' on ignore - I have - a long, long time ago. No loss, may I add.
By:
Try My Best
When: 19 May 18 19:36
won't put your neck on the block will you.
Page 3 of 20  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 20 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com