Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 2798 comments are related to the topic:
Calling The Swinging Magpie

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 8 of 70  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | 70 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 2,798
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 31 Dec 08 14:27
Cancellations and non runners make for a boring afternoons racing, unlucky with yours Fastbear.
By:
Fastbearform
When: 31 Dec 08 14:27
Hmmm, still haven't got that smiley sorted. ?:|
By:
Fastbearform
When: 31 Dec 08 14:30
Think I'll try some more.
:p
B-)
:x
;\
:^0
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 31 Dec 08 14:32
Southandwest only runner of the day :) 5.75 and 1.94.
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 31 Dec 08 14:35
All the best Fastbear, Jonny and everyone else, have a good un :)
By:
Fastbearform
When: 31 Dec 08 14:35
Nicely done Magpie, keep them coming in the new year! I think your system has done quite well overall, do you have your latest figures yet?
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 31 Dec 08 14:52
Will do the figures sometime next week, been lots of losers and not many winners lately so expecting it to be pretty poor overall, never mind though we started with nowt so as long as there is something still there then its a bonus !!
By:
Fastbearform
When: 31 Dec 08 18:54
Well, assuming racing goes ahead, my 2 for tomorrow, using my new selection method (in use since 15 Nov 2008) are:
Stan 2.10 Chelt and Super Baby 3.35 Catt.
By:
Fastbearform
When: 01 Jan 09 10:57
With Catterick abandoned, that leaves just Stan for me at the mo. There are one or two more I've looked at but I'm not too sure about them. Mistress To No One is a possibility and might be worth doing, the price is my main concern and sometimes it's just better to let them run. I would normally be looking at a price of at least 3/1 in a race like this, so the odds on offer are no value whatsoever.
By:
jonny40
When: 01 Jan 09 11:03
Thursdays fliers
« on: Today at 12:00:05 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still flu ridden, but hopefully these will bring a smile to my face today.

Cheltenham

1.05 L'aventure / Alexanderthegreat

2.10 Private be / Three Mirrors

2.45 Pennek / Dont push it

Exeter

1.20 Alasao / Mikado Melody

2.25 Go Harvey go / Bernard

Southwell

1.00 Irish Pearl / Harry up

1.35 Victory Quest / Dart

3.15 Councellor / Just Bond

Jon
By:
jonny40
When: 01 Jan 09 13:22
Weyheyyyyyyyyyyy Fastbear 14-1 ! Top Man.

Jon
By:
Fastbearform
When: 01 Jan 09 13:25
Very nice! Were you on Jon?
By:
jonny40
When: 01 Jan 09 13:36
;)

Jon
By:
Fastbearform
When: 01 Jan 09 18:05
Lets hope the racing goes ahead on Saturday, I've already got a shortlist of possibles drawn up and it would be disappointing to say the least if we don't get the chance to capitalise on recent success.
I sometimes wonder why racecourses insist on giving their often innaccurate going descriptions. If I had taken Cheltenhams description of the track as gospel, there is no way I would have backed Stan today. Thank you Turftrax for your excellent reading, which was way more accurate!
By:
Fastbearform
When: 02 Jan 09 09:50
Have been checking out the weather forecasts for Sandown and Wincanton. I must say it doesn't look too promising at the mo. :(
By:
Fastbearform
When: 02 Jan 09 11:02
I really hope the meeting at Wincanton goes ahead at least. I think I have my strongest bet of the day there and it should be a reasonable price. As for Sandown, maybe, maybe.
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 02 Jan 09 11:04
14/1 winners seems to be the norm on this thread !! Well done lads !!
By:
jonny40
When: 02 Jan 09 12:32
I live 25 mins from sandown, and the grounds not hard here, plus Sandown puts covers on these days like they did at cheltenham.

Jon
By:
Fastbearform
When: 02 Jan 09 19:04
I must say, I always find it very frustrating when I'm waiting to have a bet on a Friday night ready for Saturday and there aren't many prices available. I have one strong for Wincanton and can't place the bet yet! Wish I was going to Sandown, would be having an interest in 4 races I think. ;)
By:
Fastbearform
When: 03 Jan 09 06:57
Morning all, my 'stand alone' bet in the 3.50 at Sandown is Wingman. I thought the 16's with Lads was way too big for a horse that could return to his best today on the good ground. 1 pt ew.
By:
Fastbearform
When: 03 Jan 09 07:55
Slight change to proceedings now that Wincanton is off.

Clay Holister 2pts win
Marodima 1pt ew
Wingman 1pt ew

Have also combined Marodima and Wingman at 20's and 14's in a 1pt win double.

You never know!

If I have time later I will try to explain reasoning behind selections.
:)
By:
jonny40
When: 03 Jan 09 11:12
Kempton

2.05 Will he Wish / Can Can Star
2.35 Welsh Opera / Muktasb
3.40 Fromsong / Resplendant Alpha
4.10 Lopinot / Fine Ruler
5.10 Desert Light / What Katie Did

Lingfield

2.15 Divertimenti / Princess Rose Ann
3.25 Grande Caiman / Paktolos
3.55 Dedante / Fangfoss girl

Jon
By:
Fastbearform
When: 03 Jan 09 11:40
Hi lads. What a big blow this morning!
In order to try and salvage something today, I've had a good look at the 3.25 Lingfield. My modest conclusion is that Paktolos is worth a 2pt win punt and that is me done for the day. So, will have to settle for winning hundreds today as opposed to the thousands I would have won on the big doubles I had lined up! :(
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise though, could also have blown quite a bit today as well! :)
By:
Fastbearform
When: 03 Jan 09 14:34
Don't you wish that just sometimes you could just go back to bed when the racing is abandoned? 2pts down today on a donkey. :(
By:
jonny40
When: 03 Jan 09 15:22
Thank christ for that , Lopinot wins at 14-1 (got 25s on fair) was almost starting to lose the faith LOL

Jon
By:
jonny40
When: 04 Jan 09 11:25
What katie Did wins at 7-1 to!!

Happy days lol.

Jon
By:
Fastbearform
When: 05 Jan 09 12:40
Morning all. Well done jon, a good start to the year for you. Back to the grindstone this week, lets hope the weather warms up a bit by Saturday. The forecast looks slightly promising, fingers crossed. :)
By:
Fastbearform
When: 05 Jan 09 17:40
Have just checked the entries for Saturday and some really good looking possibilities.
I didn't realise until today that the Lanzarote has been upped in trip to 2m5f. Does anyone know why? I mean, it's not really the Lanzarote anymore now, is it?. :0
By:
jonny40
When: 05 Jan 09 21:50
Southwell

1.10 Rub of the Relic / Run Free
3.10 Northern Empire / First Order
3.40 Red Cape / Came Back

Kempton

3.50 Imperium / Sir Haydn
4.20 Onenightinlisbon / Aphrodisia

Jon
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 06 Jan 09 12:36
Hiya Fastbear, Jonny and all, hope the hangovers are all just about gone by now ?, la estrella, rebel duke,mambo son,luscivious have a good un.
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 06 Jan 09 12:38
How are your weekend bets looking Fastbear? weather dependant I would say, drives me nuts when all these cancellations take place.
By:
Fastbearform
When: 06 Jan 09 13:45
Kempton officials are a bunch of idiots imo. How can they abandon the card for Saturday, today, is beyond me!
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 06 Jan 09 17:43
Just the all weather tomorrow as well :(
By:
jonny40
When: 06 Jan 09 19:06
2 wins today, 10-1 n 7-4 and a 16-1 2nd!

Jon
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 06 Jan 09 20:32
Great stuff Jonny, a decent day form me also, but not a lot tomorrow, stand guard !!!
By:
jonny40
When: 06 Jan 09 20:55
Tomorrow

Kempton

3.25 Salute / Wine n Dine
4.25 Hold the Bucks / Cognac Boy

Wolverhampton

2.50 Maybe I Wont / Gainshare
5.50 Remember Ramon / Quince

Jon
By:
Fastbearform
When: 07 Jan 09 12:51
Have been looking into the Warick meeting for Saturday and hope to have at least one strong one. Hope the meeting is on! :)
By:
Fastbearform
When: 07 Jan 09 13:21
High guys. Has anyone been following the threads on 'value'? I can't believe how something so simple is causing such a prolonged debate!
Some interesting opinions though. I do think alot of people can really tie theirselves up in knots over this and probably don't bet on some good horses because their selection is maybe 7/1 instead of 8/1. etc. There is so much nonsense spoke on this subject, what do you think? :)
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 07 Jan 09 19:04
just the one today Stand Guard, placed at 2.7.
Tomorrow, Silvanus, Transmissions, Halaak and Readily, Nabeeda.

Value is a bit like beauty Fastbear, it is in the eye of the beholder !!! There are so many arguments and discussions about what value is. Me, if something gives you a return from your investment then it was value, if it didn't, then it wasn't. Of course the guys who have the time and inclination to produce there own tissues will have a different story, if they price a horse or whatever up at 3/1 and the actual price is 6/1 then that is value in their mind, but it still boils down to the same thing and that is the results and returns that it brings you ! its a good job we are all different :)
By:
Fastbearform
When: 07 Jan 09 19:25
Some time back I used some computer software to analise 10's of 1000's of horse racing results in relation to sp's, betting forecasts and %'s of winners in relation to certain things. My findings have allowed me the luxury (as I see it) of 'knowing' what the shortest price should be of any favourite in any race very quickly and I might add quite accurately. If my selection is at least those odds I will back it happily. Normally I have found that I get more than the minimum odds and if funds allow, I will normally have a bit more on because (and I don't mean this to sound arrogant) I am right and the bookies are wrong. Sorry, I know that sounds awful, but I have to know I'm correct in what I have decided. I can work out the price of any favourite for a race in a matter of seconds and have to assume that to be the price for my selection. Therefore if my price is say 5/1 and my bookies price is giving me 12/1, then I know I'm quids in! :)
Page 8 of 70  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | 70 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com