Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 2798 comments are related to the topic:
Calling The Swinging Magpie

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 7 of 70  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | 70 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 2,798
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 20 Dec 08 20:32
Another poor day win wise, just the two at 2.7 and 3.6,
decent enough place wise though 6/9 placed at, 1.3, 2.14, 1.60, 1.7, 3.9 and 2.4.
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 21 Dec 08 09:30
Any more wonderful doubles Fasbear ? Reckless Venture and Epic Odyssey are only hopefuls for today. Have a good one.
By:
Fastbearform
When: 21 Dec 08 10:49
Today I will not be playing. Had a quick look and think it best to leave well alone today. Looking back to November it does appear that my worst bets have been in the bread and butter races although some went very close at big odds. Will be trying to dig out something over the coming days. Have one in the notebook set to run at Chepstow and will post on here as soon as I've looked at the decs. Will be worth doing ap for Chelters as well I think. Off out now to get a few 'extras' in for Christmas, back in a few hours.
By:
Fastbearform
When: 21 Dec 08 14:44
Am hoping to be able to post one or two for Tuesday, surely not another big payday coming up?! All you can do with these things is do what you normally do and hope for the best. I know I am due a bit of a losing run and it will come as no surprise, but am well prepared to cope with it when it hits. Strike rate for me with my new 'system' since Paddy Power Gold Cup day is around 20% with a small level stakes profit at sp, slightly more with the best odds I took and much much more courtesy of the doubles. I will not be doing more than two selections on any day now and will probably try to concentrate my efforts on the big races and meetings from now on. As far as I am concerned there are too many 'dodgy' races during the week and I think that in the long run it will be best to concentrate efforts on the higher quality races where some of the horses aren't in it for a training run. :)
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 22 Dec 08 12:56
Your doing just fine Fastbear, looking forward to some more from you :)
As for your namesake system that I sort of invented around 'consistent factors' pretty much a disaster at the moment I'm afraid, since I last did the figures there have been 45 further selections with just 10 winners and the best price of those was 6.2 :( On a brighter note 32 of the 45 have been placed :) Will do some maths later but expect the Win bank to be disappearing fast but the place bank maybe holding up. But we started with nothing, so any profit is a bonus !!
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 22 Dec 08 13:44
As thought the Win Bank has taken a hammering and is now down to £2,360 from a high of over £5,300 at one stage, not looking great but still in profit after 168 bets so cant be too bad, just needs a good run to start again, hopefully !!

On the other hand the place bank is 111/168 with the bank outgrowing the win bank :) Place Bank now stands at £2,360. Lets have another look after we reach 200 bets.
By:
Fastbearform
When: 23 Dec 08 13:45
2.45 Honour High
3.15 Soleil**
By:
Fastbearform
When: 23 Dec 08 13:47
Sorry I posted late today, have been tied up all day with family things and work I needed to finish before the festive break.
By:
Fastbearform
When: 23 Dec 08 22:06
Oh well, a story of two 2nds today. However, I'm confident of a good run from one at a bit of a price on Boxing Day. I also have a few others in mind but am not sure of runningplans at the mo, watch this space!
By:
Fastbearform
When: 24 Dec 08 13:23
Good afternoon all.
Have nearly finalised selections for Boxing Day and have already done a speculative one in the big race that I dug out BEFORE a well known tipster highlighted it.
I can't how anyone in their right mind would back Kauto Star at such a short price and as far as I am concerned it's the way to the poor house in the long run. However, there are question marks over many of the other runners as well and this is a great race in which to get a bit of value about something else. Thats why I've backed Briareus in this, even though there is a question mark about the trip. As far as I am concerned the 40's on offer was way too big and it deserves to be backed at that price. Will post 4 more later. :)
By:
Fastbearform
When: 24 Dec 08 21:11
Ok then, 3 more for now.
Kempton: The Market Man. Rodrigo Gonzales.
Wetherby: State Of Play.
By:
Fastbearform
When: 24 Dec 08 21:30
The final selection from me for Boxing Day is Show Winner in the first race at Kempton.
Merry Christmas Magpie and all regular visitors and posters to this thread, I hope you all have a great festive period and a very profitable new year. CHEERS! :)
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 25 Dec 08 10:06
Cheers Fastbear, and a very Merry Christmas to you as well !! Dont get too much sherry and blur your mind for the Boxing day racing !!!! Lets hope for a prosperous time for all. Good Luck everyone.
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 25 Dec 08 21:23
Love Boxing Day racing, Kauto Star of course !!

15.15 Passage to India
1.20 Victorias Groom
12.35 Huckleberry if under 5/1
3.25 Junctiontwentyfour
4.15 Lunar Promise ?

If any it these were backed to 2/1 or less
Elite Land
Arondo
Killenaulle Boy

Have a good un everyone.
By:
Fastbearform
When: 26 Dec 08 15:24
Not the best of days and I'm glad I kept stakes to a minimum today.
With hindsight, I really should have backed Rodrigo ew as I got a very nice 25/1 on it.
Tomorrow is another day of course, and my two bets will be running at Chepstow as long as it doesn't fall to the weather. I think the prices for both will be a bit skinny and I'm waiting to see what's priced up for these later on.
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 26 Dec 08 18:50
Two non runners left us with just the four including Kauto Star :) must admit to having a large one on him, two winners at 2.08 and 4.5, two placed at 1.32 and 1.7.
By:
Fastbearform
When: 26 Dec 08 19:18
Even though I bet against KS, it was great to see him destroy the field, top stuff. Just wish my one had scraped 3rd. Well done Magpie, It's nice to watch a horse carrying your money so easily!
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 26 Dec 08 19:28
Hiya Fastbear, I couldnt watch the race as there is to tv where I am at the moment but had betfair on the pc, I took 2.32 in running, wish I had held on for a little longer as he went out to 2.68 that I saw, I'm happy enough though with 2.32 !! Good luck for tomorrow.
By:
Fastbearform
When: 26 Dec 08 19:38
I am waiting to back mine at the mo. That horse I mentioned in an earlier post is running and I think it should win easily regardless of what it is running against. I'm waiting for more prices to go up at the mo, but maybe I'll have to wait 'till tom.
By:
Fastbearform
When: 27 Dec 08 08:24
Chepstow 1.30 Maktu.

And that one I've been waiting for, Chepstow 2.40 Simarian (NAP)
Fingers crossed. :)
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 27 Dec 08 09:20
Good Luck with your nap Fastbear, not much today for your namesake system, Forevers girl in the 12.40 if under 10/1 ish and if there was serious money for either tot o whiskey or generous star, say backed in to 2/1 or less.

Have a good day.
By:
jonny40
When: 27 Dec 08 11:58
13.20 Leapardstown THYNE AGAIN

Jon
By:
Fastbearform
When: 27 Dec 08 15:02
Well, such is life. Am going out of 2008 on a losing note, that's me done now until next week. No complaints though, I'm well up for the year, my second best ever, thanks mainly to the two big winning doubles recently. I shall stick with this strategy for 2009, with just the occasional 'stand alone' bet in addition if I think it neccessary. So, most weeks my outlay will be 3 pts, sometimes 4. Of course I shall also involve myself with any big midweek meetings as well.
Points will be based on my minimum stake to start with but will increase hopefully as the year goes on. I won't risk losing now, any money that I have won that is now mine! Good luck for 2009 everyone, especially Magpie and Jon, who have kept valuable input going into our little thread! Thanks also again to the late Sir Clive, who many years ago, put me on the path to betting in a more sensible way. :)
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 28 Dec 08 09:54
Great stuff Fastbear, stick to your guns and I'm sure 2009 will be a fruitful one. Your namesake system throws these our way today after a loser yesterday..

12.15 Bavarica, to 8/1 max
12.25 Alberts Story
1.05 Toby Belch
1.35 Ours
2.25 King Quay, if backed to under 5/1
3.05 Lyes Green, Silly Wupple
3.15 Stonehouse.

Have a good un.
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 29 Dec 08 12:30
todays efforts, Masafi, if in first 2 in betting, red somerset, wet with the wind, dont stop me now, planet of sound, sallies secret, catergorical 9if backed in to 2/1 or less).
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 29 Dec 08 12:30
Have a good day if your around Fastbear.
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 30 Dec 08 11:00
Better yesterday but a blank the day afore. Not a lot today Hectors Choice and Special Bond if it was backed in to 2/1.
By:
jonny40
When: 30 Dec 08 12:12
Lingfield

1.20 Cavalry Guard /Chalentino e/w

3.05 Tous les Doux / Dichow

Taunton

2.15 Bonchester Ridge / Dance with the Devil

2.50 Iris's Prince / Solid as a Rock.

Jon
By:
jonny40
When: 30 Dec 08 13:26
Dance with the Devil 14-1 wins !!!!!

Jon
By:
Fastbearform
When: 30 Dec 08 13:34
Hi lads. I know I said I wasn't going to do anymore until 2009, but you know what it's like, there I was, just glancing over tomorrows cards and a few caught my eye. After digging a bit deeper, I suddenly realised that I had found one horse that looks to have a very very good chance at Uttoxeter. So, I will after all, post one more before the year is out, just with the sole intention of winning a bit to bet with on Thursday and Saturday. Not sure at mo whether it is an ew price or a win only. Will post as soon as prices are out. ;)
By:
Fastbearform
When: 30 Dec 08 13:46
Well done jon! It's moments like this, that keep us all plugging away. :)
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 30 Dec 08 13:50
Well done in indeed Jonny, you deserved that big priced winner, wish I could find one right now !!!
By:
jonny40
When: 30 Dec 08 14:15
two 2nds 4-1 and 16-1, and 2 wins 14-1 and 8-1 :) !!

now wheres that brandy LOL

Jon
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 30 Dec 08 14:31
Brandy, surely you mean Champagne ?? :)
By:
Fastbearform
When: 30 Dec 08 15:58
I hope you had a little double in there somewhere. ;)
By:
The Swinging Magpie
When: 30 Dec 08 21:47
Rub some of your magic oil on these please Jonny !! 1.40 Hopkins/Phardessa, if under 8/1, 3.30 southandwest, 1.40 carruthers,
12.40 Glenwood Knight, 2.30 Isabella if in first 3 in betting. Good luck tomorrow folks.
By:
jonny40
When: 31 Dec 08 09:49
Lingfield

2.00 Hammer of the Gods / Bertie Southstreet

2.30 Arfinnit / Blakeshall Diamond

3.00 Egyptian Lord / Triskaidaphobia

3.30 Cornus / Super Frank

Jon
By:
Fastbearform
When: 31 Dec 08 10:18
Good morning all. I'm sure we are all very disappointed about the abandonments today, I for one felt that I had found a good one at Uttoxeter. However, one door closes and another has opened. All weather isn't something I bother with much nowadays, but I am hopefull of a good run from Song Of Praise in the 1.30 at Lingfield and have backed it for a minimum 1pt win.
I must say it is starting to look a bit gloomy jumps wise over the coming days and we can only keep our fingers crossed that some of the meetings survive. I think I have some good bets lined up for Cheltenham and Sandown and will be sorry to miss out on those. Where is all the typicle cloudy, wet and windy weather that is so common to this country? Waiting for summer, I suppose, and never about when you need it! Maybe it's time to start studying the racing in Ireland? Anyway, good luck today guys with your choices. :)
By:
Fastbearform
When: 31 Dec 08 14:26
Yet another 2nd to end the year on! Never mind, the new year beckons! Role on 2009 and the bets yet to come. Good luck all. :^O
By:
Fastbearform
When: 31 Dec 08 14:26
:^o
Page 7 of 70  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | 70 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo