Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 697 comments are related to the topic:
Slicer's Bet Attack

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 18  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 18 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 697
By:
dukeofpuke
When: 29 Oct 08 00:10
a sysem i use on selected matches is

back half time 0-0

then lay half time draw

half time score draw beats you
By:
dukeofpuke
When: 29 Oct 08 00:13
what if you could back half time 0-0

and then lay half time draw

and then if either team score

back half time draw to cover your loss on 0-0

and also cover your half time lay

possible if prices high enough
By:
Slicer
When: 29 Oct 08 10:34
Some interesting recent postings.

Martin- I am not looking for "followers" or "disciples"-my name is Aristotle not Jesus or Mahatma!

By now some of you should of bean abel to work out bets 1 and 2. But as I have often said, it is bet 3 that is the clincher when needed. No more clues will be given. Those of you who work out wot bet 3 is deserve the success and monet it will bring. Hopefully by Saturday my unbeaten run will extend to 5 months. The Holy Grail most certainly will, but I hope that my single correct score in running lay will remain unbeaten.

NOW- isnt it about time you let this thread do an unpleasant curry-----drop strait out of the bottom of this forum!

I am hoping for 3 or 4 qualifying games today.

Good luck.
By:
Cartway
When: 29 Oct 08 11:30
Martin,

Interesting comment about 'followers' and I guess that's a natural view some will take. Personally, if it even exists, I'm not certain I'll ever solve this but I enjoy the intellectual challenge and if nothing comes of it then so be it. If it's all pie in the sky then so be it, I'll have wasted some time then move on but that's often the way on here.

As regards the good Dr, if he has indeed cracked the Holy Grail then I'm genuine enough to wish the guy success. He's been on here for years and in this cynical game we all play it's still refreshing to think that hard work and insight can pay off...and this guy has certainly paid his dues in time spent crunching the numbers etc, so fair play to him.
By:
sweetchildofmine
When: 29 Oct 08 12:32
dukeofpuke...but surely if it does end up a score draw, you lose heavily? you lose your 0-0 back bet and also your draw lay bet
By:
buzzer
When: 29 Oct 08 12:42
Two quick goals, and it often happens, would be costly duke. I can remember losing a fortune trading a villa bolton game a couple of seasons 2-2 after nine minutes 2-2 at full time. Not using that strategy duke but just trying to get a point across
By:
CurlyBlues
When: 29 Oct 08 13:42
Good Dr. could you enlighten us as to what you do with your well earned prophets. What is there to splash on in Mumbai?
By:
Slicer
When: 29 Oct 08 14:13
What do I do with my prophets?
My luxury mansion in Mumbai and its staff cost monet, and of coarse their is my apartment in Santander!
I did have an apartment in Marbella, but it became full of WAG Types, so I sold it and bought one in Northern Spain. Hardly any Ingerlish Chavs their than goodness.

BUT of coarse my prophets from gumboiling on correct scores are only relatively recent. Most of my aquisitions are derived from my Slicering activities!

I hope this clarifies the matter.
By:
Slicer
When: 29 Oct 08 14:13
NOW CAN WE PLESE ALLOW THIS THREAD TO DROP INTO OBLIVION!
By:
CUPRA
When: 29 Oct 08 14:22
I need some medical advice, please
By:
Slicer
When: 29 Oct 08 14:24
I will try to assist but accept no responsibility whatsoever and my advice is see your own doctor as soon as possible!
By:
billy hill
When: 29 Oct 08 14:28
Hi Slicer - one last post please. I tried a variant of my initial guess last night, but it didn't work . One day I will find my own Holy Grail.
By:
Slicer
When: 29 Oct 08 14:31
Good luck with that Billy.
It took me 5 years and tens of thousands of pounds before I found it. A good thing that I found it recently, cos we are all getting older, and I was old to start with!
By:
Cartway1
When: 29 Oct 08 14:46
Good doctor, do any of tonight's German 1 or 2 games tickle your fancy on Grail or Correct score Lays? I'm up for a dabble this evening!
By:
Slicer
When: 29 Oct 08 15:00
They ALL interest me but I cannot say which of them specifically because they have to qualify for my single correct score in running lay method.
As far as the Holy Grail-, I decide about 5 mins before kick off when the spreads narrow and the prices are at there most efficient.

I hope this is of assistance.
By:
Cartway
When: 29 Oct 08 15:59
It is and I can feel a correct score Lay on Hamburg coming on for this evening...GL tonight!
By:
Martin654
When: 29 Oct 08 16:37
Slicer if i wouldnt like you that much i would tend to ask you to gimme a break from that **..... i mean how the fooook can you bable about some holy grail Boolox,... when you discovered it RECENTLY,... whats RECENTLY,..... i monitor 3 Promising methods that i discovered RECENTLY....... it will take 6 months long term Testing at minimum to discover if they are profitable,..... not even for a second would i believe the ** i am doing here, before i can clearly see the numbers.....

Well anyway, to contribute something usefull.

Bayern will win away tonight-- i am pretty sure about this and got my pice of the cake @ around 1.50..... i did extensive research on the game and it looks most promsing,..... there is always a lot of risk involved in betting on away victorys,... but i am highly confident.

Form, Team news, injury stuff, Motivation, Table position everything is in place,...... get yourself a pice of it while its hot and juicy ;)..... you dont even need holy grail magic for that one :)
By:
Slicer
When: 29 Oct 08 17:24
Martin- thank you for your kind message that you like me! I do try to be amiable on hear. I do not initiate these threads anymore, just respond to them .As I have said several times, this unbeaten run goes back to June. As far as testing over a long term goes, I agree entirely. The time to decide on the Germin Holy Grail bet is almost hear. btw- some of these Gemin games are offering grate value in laying correct scores. Hope you pick the right ones!

Good luck all.
By:
Slicer
When: 29 Oct 08 17:25
AND Martin-thanks for the info on the Bayern game, and good luck.
By:
Martin654
When: 29 Oct 08 17:48
Yes indeed you said several times June, i overlooked that.... hmm let me see about 4 months,. that seems to be a reasonable timespan,.... well then fill ya shoes i'd say ;).

Maybe one sidenote i forgott to mention,.... first of all players talk a lot when the day is long,... but according to the ONE and only German Football magazin where he gave an interview he contemplated about the fact that the first goal will be precious for Bayern tonight,..... i take that as "we will completly demolish them in front of there homecrowd and make them cry or die trying".

It fits in the picture that Bayern as the "One Big Club" here in Krautland realy has to make up points in the table after a bad start to the season. I can see an first half goal here for Bayern.

Adding the fact that Frankfurt will most probably have RESERVE fellas in important positions because of injury dropouts tonight makes me think it could be some goalfest (not entierly sure about that because of the Away factor but still confident).

Well thats it for now.

Cheers
By:
Martin654
When: 29 Oct 08 17:51
Maybe one more subjective aspect to the game:

Beeing from glorious Bavaria myself, of course we will teach that Prussians a lesson tonight they wont forget :)......

ok you allready figured out that i am not 100% objective here :)
By:
Martin654
When: 29 Oct 08 17:54
insert "disgusting" before Prussians :) He he ......
By:
Slicer
When: 29 Oct 08 17:57
If you from Bavaria- I wish I wrote and Spoke Germin as well as you speke English!
By:
Slicer
When: 29 Oct 08 17:57
In fact, I wish I wrote and spoke English as well as you write and speke English!
By:
Martin654
When: 29 Oct 08 19:05
I am just hammering the buttons on my keyboard,.... its an old bad and cheap one (which might change in the very near future, he he)

I dont care to much about Spelling and stuff,.... its the content that matters :).... the rest is just some **g DIN NORM.
By:
The One That Got Away
When: 29 Oct 08 21:13
Martin, your 1.5 on Bayern isnt looking too good!!

I actually really fancied it aswell but have just seen the 1-0 scoreline after 55mins!!
By:
Martin654
When: 29 Oct 08 21:32
1-2 Never in doubt of course,.. he he ;) ,..... greened up just in case,......
By:
Martin654
When: 29 Oct 08 21:32
BTW i am on the Bayern victory...... well now i am all green i mean.
By:
Martin654
When: 29 Oct 08 21:35
But thinking it through,..... i am still wonering what took them taht long i was realy confident about a HT 1 goal,...... well one cant get it always right,...... 99.999999991% of the times is ok for me :)
By:
The One That Got Away
When: 29 Oct 08 21:35
Totally agree Martin, couldnt believe it was still 0-0 at HT let alone 1-0 at 55. Bayern cruising now though!
By:
ekcite
When: 29 Oct 08 21:49
One question slicer:
what do you mean by "bet 3 clinches"?

- If combination of bet1 + bet2 wins you get a 12% profit
- If combination of bet1 + bet2 loses you have to place bet 3 (that clinches the profit... as you said) but you "only" get a profit of 8% overall... so 4% less then in first example

what do you mean then by saying that bet3 "clinches" the profit?? I do not understand you on that point.

(will be off until sunday... so take you time slicer)
By:
whelk
When: 29 Oct 08 22:16
What you've said there doesn't make sense. If you have two losing bets and a third bet then makes a profit, it would be better not to bet the first two and wait to bet the third when the time is right.
By:
The One That Got Away
When: 29 Oct 08 22:18
Slicer seems to think it can happen though!
By:
Slicer
When: 30 Oct 08 00:00
With the Getafe game just finished, that's another successful day with 4 out of 4.
Winning is not as easy as people think-take a look at the carnage currently taking plaice on the footie forum.

Anyweigh, their really is nothing more to be said about these methods, SO MOVE ALONG NOW PLESE, THEIR IS NOTHING TO SEE! Plese let this thread drop off the bottom, so that a more needy thread can occupy its space!

Gnight and good luck.
By:
whelk
When: 30 Oct 08 09:25
Just out of interest for us statisticians who hope that the field we are crossing is not soiled with male bovine excreta, did you apply the third bet in the Getafe game?
By:
whelk
When: 30 Oct 08 10:04
Actually, I find threads like these very revealing about the psychology of gambling.
My father spent his life in search of some holy grail or winning system. Would it have made any difference if he had found one? Of course not. He would still be looking for the winner of the 2:30, or hoping that it was red on this spin of the wheel.
I read these threads and take copious notes - a writer's habit. I chuckle when people cry, "it's a**" So what? Most punters have no better idea of what the outcome might have been if it was fixed or it wasn't.
Slicer's claims are familiar - and that is not a suggestion that they aren't true - you never meet a punter who isn't a winner away from the arena. It reminds me of Jerome K. Jerome. You never meet anyone who gets seasick, on the shore.
Keep up the search. Maybe you'll find it. Maybe you'll learn something useful on the way.
By:
J P McEnroe 81
When: 30 Oct 08 10:58
Slicer seems overly eager for this thread to be dropped. Perhaps something on this thread has been posted that is very close to the truth ;)
By:
Slicer
When: 30 Oct 08 12:26
whelk- I can tell from your postings that you are edumacated and intelligent like wot I is. And you are correct in wot you say in your last posting. A gambler will bet on anything even when he consistently wins on one sport. That is a problem for a lot of peopul and wot I has done in the past. HOWEVER- to win on hear one must have the discipline to stick to wot one is good at. My prophet and loss statements show 100% success on footie since June, and overall losses on most other sports up till 2 months ago WHEN I IMPOSED A RULE THAT I WILL ONLY DO CORRECT SCORE LAYING.

Finding the Holy Grail is only half the battel- eliminiminating other losses is the other half.

And with regard to your question about the Getafe game, what do you think the answer is?

Very poor footie fodder in running today, but as usual the games should be monitored for opportunities.

Good luck all, and MOVE ALONG ONTO OTHER MATTERS COS THEIR REALLY IS TRULY NOTHING TO BE GLEANED FROM THIS THREAD!
By:
Slicer
When: 30 Oct 08 12:28
btw=- I never get seasick on the many cruises I go on BECAUSE I ALWEIGHS TAKE TABLETS!
By:
sweetchildofmine
When: 30 Oct 08 18:28
please dont forget to let this thread disappear ;)
Page 4 of 18  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 18 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com