Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 697 comments are related to the topic:
Slicer's Bet Attack

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 18  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 18 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 697
By:
Cartway
When: 21 Oct 08 21:02
Ok, for all you masochists out there who want to go on a Graille hunt!.

Drop me an e-mail to rikersoft@gmail.com if you're up for it and, especially, if you can bring some expertise to this vexing challenge from the Dr.

If the number of optimists out there hits 10 it'll have to be a closed door I'm afraid...at least for this particularcrack.....
By:
Cartway
When: 22 Oct 08 07:12
Thanks for the replies thus far folks...good to see some hardy souls are up for the challenge. For those still wavering (or perhaps more sensible) the MSN door remains open but will close at 9:00 pm UK time tonight.

Be there or be square I guess - I will be in touch with those already signed up shortly with a view to setting a date for the MSN tie-up.
By:
ekcite
When: 23 Oct 08 10:32
Slicer: When will be the next bet for you Holy Grail System?
By:
Slicer
When: 23 Oct 08 14:45
Schalke v Paris Street Germans!
By:
ekcite
When: 23 Oct 08 14:48
from the beginning on it was, wasn't it? ...and only 3 bets, am I right?
By:
Slicer
When: 23 Oct 08 14:53
If you mean was it 3 bets right from the beginning- I shall eggspain it YET AGAIN.
Bets 1 and 2 are plaiced before ko. Bet 3 is only plaiced if necessary. This has ALWAYS bean the case.

I hope this clarifies the matter YET AGAIN!
By:
ekcite
When: 23 Oct 08 14:54
pardon:
bet 1
bet 2

only if bet 1 lose then bet3.

but all in all only 3 bets, all right?
By:
Slicer
When: 23 Oct 08 14:54
Logging off till 5.00 ish UK Time. Time for tiffin.
By:
Slicer
When: 23 Oct 08 14:55
Only EVER 3 bets. No more than 3 bets. And I only plaice my steaks on bet 3 if necessary.

Over and out!
By:
ekcite
When: 23 Oct 08 14:57
ok, maybe I have a clue... but will check how the odds of a certain outcome will react if a goal was scored. if they behave how I think (theoretically) then there might be something...
By:
PLAIN LAZY!!
When: 24 Oct 08 14:44
This has something to do with correct scores at the opposite ends of the betting market. 2 bets placed prior to KO at opposite ends and an IP bet when/if necessary...am i on the right lines??? I love a good mystery scenario, gets a bit boring around here sometimes.
By:
jeanius
When: 24 Oct 08 20:33
Dear Dr Slicer, I note that you have held a number of senior academic posts at one of India's most prestigious universities. I am now in the happy position of being able you to offer you the Chair of Bullsh!ttology at the University of the Holy Grail, NeverNeverLand. Congratulations Jeanius K. Jeanius, President
By:
Slicer
When: 24 Oct 08 20:40
Well- many thanks jeanius. I am always happy to receive honorary degreses in addition to those of wot I worked for very hard.
The problem is that I have so many letters after my name, any more will mean my name and qualifications will not fit on one line. I hope you are not offended if I decline the honour for that reason alone.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Dr Aristotle Slicer PhD MB BS B Pharm MRCVS DRCOG Cert BhD
By:
Cartway
When: 25 Oct 08 00:36
Plain,

Nice thinking but this method operates across 2 markets I'm afraid. 3 Bets across 2 markets makes it sound simple, however it appears anything but.

Assuming it's genuine........!!! then, through either good fortune, number crunching or both, the good doctor has stumbled across a pattern which clinches a no loss situation on most, possibly all games. Many on here think this is straightforward - it isn't and working it out is a seriously challenging task for most I believe.
By:
Cartway
When: 25 Oct 08 18:35
Dr Slicer,

This vexing task is proving extremely difficult lol!!. Not least because of contradictory information you've published on diffrent threads (and I don't mean whether bet 3 was placed on a 1-1 game etc).

Would it be possible to get some clarification on a couple of points from you good sir?
By:
whelk
When: 25 Oct 08 21:09
If it is true then I can work it out.

What is certain is that there are some cadences which work, but they are useless by themselves because you don't know what the scores will be at the start of the match.

If it's all a cod then I have a use for a fish slice.
By:
ChocolateFireguard
When: 25 Oct 08 21:35
If you laid 0-0 HT and backed 0-0 in correct scores before the match.

If its 0-0 at HT green up your 0-0 bet, would this cover your initial lay? I dunno? Maybe?

If its not 0-0 at HT you have won your HT 0-0 lay?
By:
Cartway
When: 26 Oct 08 00:03
Chocolate, sadly that's not it. Using normal staking you can't, with the odd exception, green up sufficiently to cover your 0-0 HT Lay liability on the Backk FT 0-0 market. You generally need to go around 15 minutes into the second half before you can do that and are at risk with a goal.

Back FT 0-0 may be part of it but it's not the whole story by the look of things.

Possibly unintended but contradictory information is also clouding the issue unfortunately. For example from a thread;

Q: If Bet 1 wins then that you're in profit end of - Does the winning of Bet 1 automatically make Bet 2 a losing bet'?

A from Dr S: Yes (which implies back 0-0 FT)

but on another thread;

Thankfully, I have come up with my own method based on 3 correct score lays in the same market one of which is laying 0-0.

So, as you can see, mixed messages which are proving difficult to make sense of at the moment.

Still, we press on.
By:
uncle nasty
When: 26 Oct 08 02:01
certainly one to ponder on
but cf's 0-0 bets is just a twist on the fcg
By:
ChocolateFireguard
When: 26 Oct 08 04:49
"Thankfully, I have come up with my own method based on 3 correct score lays in the same market one of which is laying 0-0."

When he said this, there is nothing saying the lay of the 0-0 scoreline wasnt after it had been backed at a higher price.

I think Bet 1 and bet 2 HAVE to involve the 0-0, either HT, FT or even both.

I thought i read once that there were 3 bets, the third was only required some of the time and the 3 bets spanned TWO markets, maybe i didnt, dunno, cant remember.

From this thread does The Catt know what the system is?
By:
ekcite
When: 26 Oct 08 11:26
hey slicer,

may i send you an email?

alex-reich@gmx.de
By:
Cartway
When: 26 Oct 08 11:49
Chocolate,

You could be right on the Lay question, I had considered myself that the refrence could relate to the situation once the bet was in progress. Seems a strange thing to say though. FT 0-0 must figure in Bet 2 iI would agree.

There is also a question about whether the Dr considers FT and HT scores as effectively one market so the 2nd market would be another in-play one. For example from a thread;

'it is combining 2 correct score bets in the same market and using bet 3 if neccesary.'

I still feel myself it involves the FT and HT cs markets though.

With regard to Bet 3 and being placed if required it would be interesting to know what determines if that is placed. is it time triggered, event triggered (i.e a goal) or odds triggered.
By:
ekcite
When: 26 Oct 08 12:04
cartway you on msn?
ekcite@**.de
By:
ekcite
When: 26 Oct 08 12:05
ekcite@ h ot m a i l . de
By:
Martin654
When: 26 Oct 08 12:15
Maybe he is laying a.uq. pre KO + 0-0 FT pre ko for calculated stakes,... and doing some backup bet in case the score turns against him,......

That works pretty well by the way..... as long as you dont hit too many any unquoted or 0-0.......
By:
Martin654
When: 26 Oct 08 12:17
But i guess most important is that we all should remember the whole betting game is constructed around the zero line.... thats what one has to battle......
By:
billy hill
When: 26 Oct 08 13:25
Bet 1 is SELL total goals index
Bet 2 is BUY 1 goal, 2 goals and 3 goals in total goals market
Bet 3 is back NilNil if goalless at half time.
By:
Cartway
When: 26 Oct 08 15:08
ekcite,

Have addded you MSN and e-mailed. E-mail non-delivery unfortunately.

I can be contacted on the e-mail addy for this thing - rikersoft@gmail.com.

Can I help?
By:
Cartway1
When: 27 Oct 08 15:07
All - for those there last week, there will be another MSN session to discuss this tonight at 8pm UK time.

See you there!
By:
ChocolateFireguard
When: 28 Oct 08 01:45
Anyone cracked it yet?!
By:
boycee
When: 28 Oct 08 08:25
billy,

Bet 1 is SELL total goals index
Bet 2 is BUY 1 goal, 2 goals and 3 goals in total goals market
Bet 3 is back NilNil if goalless at half time.

Care to expand?
By:
Cartway1
When: 28 Oct 08 11:10
A rough Idea of how it's likely to work but the devil's in the detail as always. Someone called All in Vein appeared to have cracked it back in the summer - is he around at all?
By:
billy hill
When: 28 Oct 08 11:17
boycee
the goals index is a linear market where your profit/loss is linear. ie sell at 2 goals. 0 goals = profit 2 point, 1 = 1 point, 2 = 0 all the way to 8 goals = -8 points.
the total goals market is exponential. so buying 5 goals is on average +5-12 points, +6 goals is +10-30 points, +7 goals is +50-100points.
there is an opportunity between the 2 markets. (which I haven't quite worked out yet)
By:
All in vain
When: 28 Oct 08 12:12
Yep - still here,lurking in the shadows. I only post on rare occasions.
What Slicer has said is generally correct, though I think he likes to toss in a small red herring now and again.
I think my method must be similar if not exactly the same as his. However my experience has been that breakng even or a tiny profit is more likely than a good win but you can always throw more money at the game to increase the winnings, provided that you can get matched. At no time should this method ever fail. Can't say more than that i'm afraid.
By:
Cartway1
When: 28 Oct 08 14:05
All in Vein...thanks for the contribution and appreciate you can't say more. I wonder though if I could run and idea or two past you on markets, principles etc on a yes/no basis?

If so the addy for me is rikersoft@gmail.com
By:
All in vain
When: 28 Oct 08 15:38
Sorry Cartway,my lips must remain sealed - otherwise Slicer and/or others might try to find where I live and then sends the boys round! All I will say is that you and some others seem to be looking in the right areas but need to examine ALL options from every possible angle.Now it's back to the shadows for me.
By:
All in vain
When: 28 Oct 08 15:39
send! (poor proof reading)
By:
Cartway
When: 28 Oct 08 15:39
Lol ok All in......quite understand and thanks for what you've said so far :-)
By:
Martin654
When: 28 Oct 08 16:01
Well then get yourself a decent cal. 45 to give the boys a warm welcome i suggest ;).

This thread is redicolous.
By:
Slicer
When: 28 Oct 08 16:08
I have only just caught up is thread having just returned home after a weekend in London to watch the New Orleans Saints play the San Diego Chargers in the US Footie at Wembley.

Isn't it time for all of you to give up?
Page 2 of 18  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 18 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com