Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 697 comments are related to the topic:
Slicer's Bet Attack

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 18  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 18 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 697
By:
Cartway
When: 28 Oct 08 16:28
We don't give up that easily ya know...we're a hardy bunch! :-)

* Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence *
By:
Slicer
When: 28 Oct 08 16:36
;)
By:
boycee
When: 28 Oct 08 17:46
billy,

Bet 2 is BUY 1 goal, 2 goals and 3 goals in total goals market

Should that read BACK and not BUY?
By:
CurlyBlues
When: 28 Oct 08 18:01
Dr, did you enjoy the game?
By:
Slicer
When: 28 Oct 08 18:24
Hi Curley- I had fantastic seats and went to the Tailgate party beforehand.
Terrific atmosphere in a good natured and knowledgeable crowd. Saints beat Chargers 37-32 so lots of action and scoring. Very colourful spectators with many wearing other teams colours. Green Bay Packers fans actually wore plastic cheeses on their heads!

A very enjoyable day out in a very enjoyable weekend. Thanks for asking.
BTW- One of these these Bundesliga 2 games is offering great value correct score lays at half time! BUT- which one??????????
By:
Martin654
When: 28 Oct 08 18:31
Augsburg - Frankfurt me thinks,..... 4.2 for a draw Scoreline at HT,..... fill ya shoes.....
By:
CurlyBlues
When: 28 Oct 08 18:34
Thats good to hear, I enjoyed watching it, thought it would have been great to be there. Unfortunately I've already plaiced my steaks on the B2 games Dr, lets hope I see some prophets!
By:
Slicer
When: 28 Oct 08 18:35
Long may you prosper Mr Blues!
By:
Martin654
When: 28 Oct 08 18:35
By the way i am pretty sure about this,.... those teams hardly ever draw a game..........
By:
Martin654
When: 28 Oct 08 18:51
Nice pair of shoes i have here,.... he he :)
By:
Slicer
When: 28 Oct 08 18:55
Martin- that was not the game to wot I was referring!
By:
CurlyBlues
When: 28 Oct 08 19:00
Prophets loched in!
By:
Slicer
When: 28 Oct 08 19:05
Well done Curley.

As Isiaih's friend once said "It's never wrong to take a Prophet!"
By:
Martin654
When: 28 Oct 08 19:09
Yeah why did i know that you will say that ;)

*Back to counting cash*
By:
Slicer
When: 28 Oct 08 19:16
Just because it is not the game to wot I was referring dont mean that you wont win.
It just means it werent the game to wot I was referring. I hope you prosper.

I hope this clarifies the matter.
By:
whelk
When: 28 Oct 08 19:18
Well I've run the analysis and there has been no game in the past week that allowed a profit to be made because of a quirk in the odds of the sort suggested. It's a leaky dam that would soon be fixed anyway.

So we're left with the possibility that some results never (or so rarely as to be negligible) happen and that allows a hedging bet.
By:
Martin654
When: 28 Oct 08 19:22
Besides occasional arbs,.... there is no whole in the odds,.... i hope this clarifies the matter......

I ma out of this thread now.......

There is too much religion going on here,..... best of luck to anybody,..... lots of holy grails and stuff,.... and so on ;).

Asta la vista Baby .......
By:
Slicer
When: 28 Oct 08 19:31
Hasta Banana Martin!
By:
Martin654
When: 28 Oct 08 19:37
He he :)

Bananas are only for the East Germans ;)

(Have to keep a low profile now before the hamering starts)
By:
boycee
When: 28 Oct 08 19:45
I would imagine that this is probably some technical arbitrage. As one guy says, this method should never fail "if you manage to get matched"

There are hundreds of potential arbs every day in all sorts of sports,but it might be more difficult actually making any sort of decent profit, in the real world. Dr Slicer says he has not lost a footie bet since whenever. Probably true, but how much has he actually made on this Holy Grail strategy?

As Wazza would say. Show us your p/l on footie for last 3 months. Youv'e got 1 min.

:)
By:
CurlyBlues
When: 28 Oct 08 19:52
The good Dr. Aristotle Slicer BA Bmd Etc does not have a p/l because he only deals in prophets!
By:
Slicer
When: 28 Oct 08 19:59
Correct Curley!
I will not show my p/l cos it will show exactly wot I am doing.
And yet another clue- THEIR IS NO ARBING INVOLVED!
By:
Slicer
When: 28 Oct 08 20:00
And just to be absurluterley cleer, I define arbing as backing with one bookie or exchange and laying with another to obtain a positive return whatever the result.
By:
boycee
When: 28 Oct 08 20:03
I didn't say arbing Dr I said technical arbing.

Arbing within the exchange environment among different but related markets.

Getting warm am I not?

:)
By:
Slicer
When: 28 Oct 08 20:10
Godd luck to you if you are getting warm. I am told it is very cold and snowing in parts of the UK!
By:
boycee
When: 28 Oct 08 20:11
I'll take that as a yes Dr ;)
By:
Slicer
When: 28 Oct 08 20:34
Please feel free to take it as a yes, if that is wot you understand to be the answer from my posting.
By:
Cartway1
When: 28 Oct 08 21:16
Are you by any chance on a game with the Grail tonight Slice?
By:
Slicer
When: 28 Oct 08 21:38
Third of 3 games today!
By:
Cartway1
When: 28 Oct 08 21:45
Crikey it's a veritable production line - I guess the Newcastle game should round it off nicely!. Gr8 stuff.
By:
Slicer
When: 28 Oct 08 21:45
Im not on the Newcastle game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By:
Cartway1
When: 28 Oct 08 21:47
Which one you on?
By:
Slicer
When: 28 Oct 08 21:50
Bremen/Leverkusen.
By:
Cartway1
When: 28 Oct 08 21:54
A bit of adustment required then!. Glad it's going well for you Slice - you deserve a break after all the hard work.
By:
Slicer
When: 28 Oct 08 22:02
Thanks- the hard work was in developing the strategy. REMEMBER- it didnt arrive easily. It took over 5 years of losing on various sports and tens of thousands of pounds!

Thanks for the good wishes which are reciprocated. I would tell you what the Holy Grail is, but then I would have to kill you! ;)

Good luck.
By:
Kafkaland
When: 28 Oct 08 22:33
Slicer's remark about his p/l is odd. Surely if his system could be sussed from his p/l (and it makes a material profit) a betfair employee would have lifted it long ago?
By:
Cartway1
When: 28 Oct 08 22:35
lol - you wouldn't be the first!
By:
Martin654
When: 28 Oct 08 22:56
The next thing he might introduce will surely be "followers",.... no offense ;)
By:
Diminuendo
When: 28 Oct 08 23:15
It should be pointed out that as soon as the veritable Dr's method is discovered it will by default become redundant as a "holy grail" method. All value will be lost to the masses - I can't believe Dr Slicer has been giving away any clues at all - why would anyone take that risk??

There is one thing certain about Betfair - the very successful winners are notable by their absence in the forum. The good doctor may be one of the few exceptions and he strikes me as a decent chap but surely he would never risk giving away a 5 year hard-earned secret?

If something seems too good to be true it probably is. I am sure the Doctor wouldn't wish to lose his edge.
By:
whelk
When: 29 Oct 08 00:05
My interest is the statistics of the thing - if it exists.

The odds appear watertight within and between markets so we are looking at a possible system that exploits the way the odds move if there is or isn't a goal or more.

My own feeling is that such a system is unlikely ...

... and even telling people that there is one is would rapidly render it redundant.
Page 3 of 18  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 18 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com