Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stevo1
09 Oct 14 00:20
| Topic/replies: 3,494 | Blogger: stevo1's blog
Smell a rat was 7s best price now 9/1!! Allegedly was his target re owner interview in Mark Howards book but we know what stable is like!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 10  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 10 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 371
By:
Paterson92
When: 09 Oct 14 00:43
Is concerning at the moment however the men in the know don't use PP, the second the money arrives on Betfair, we will all know!

This could be a bluff from PP, a way of getting extra custom if you like. But the fact they've pushed Vautour out to 9/1 has me very worried, why not make him 6/1 and advertise they have best price on offer, 9/1 seems far too excessive for my liking.
By:
stevo1
When: 09 Oct 14 00:52
Will see in couple of months if they have dropped one, but does seems bit of a drift also not much to lay if any on here.If they take few hundred on it see price drop,as doesnt take too much with them.Hopefully Vautour gets entered up in Novice chase in next month or so.
By:
Paterson92
When: 09 Oct 14 01:06
Here's hoping mate, sooner rather than later anyway!
By:
stevo1
When: 10 Oct 14 00:50
Had another go at 9/1
By:
stevo1
When: 10 Oct 14 01:58
Also re PP prices they have Taquin Du Seuil as 7/1 jolly for Paddy Power Gold Cup, when trainer has stated very likely not running.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 10 Oct 14 08:26
I'm on Vautour but taking this as a huge negative. There are rumours Vautour is staying hurdling and PP will know plenty about this. I'm on at 6's and wouldn't touch the 9's with a barge pole Sad
By:
stevo1
When: 10 Oct 14 15:43
Catch owners quote in One Jump Ahead, the Arkle is his main target this season. Who knows? But price with PP is slight worry lol. maybe not good start to A/Posts betting for Cheltenham.
By:
Howdi
When: 10 Oct 14 16:45
Fill up that Mark Howard is never wrong, bit like myself Grin
By:
stevo1
When: 16 Oct 14 14:31
Back to 7s now they must have takeh a score on him.
By:
BJG
When: 16 Oct 14 14:36
Go to 9s people back for the first day and stop then wen realising he could stay over hurdles

Cut to 8s - people see the blue on oddschecker and av some on

Cut to 7s and more people rush to av some on

Good way to get money in the bag seein they think he is stayin over hurdles
By:
Howdi
When: 16 Oct 14 16:13
if he stays hurdling welcome to the best champion hurdle in donkey years
By:
Howdi
When: 16 Oct 14 16:25
GOES CHASING CONFIRMED BY MULLINS ON TV
By:
Rocky88888
When: 16 Oct 14 16:29
Vautour going chasing can u trust willy
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 16 Oct 14 16:31
Well done to those who took the 9's. Gutted I didn't!!
By:
stevo1
When: 16 Oct 14 16:47
Don't think 7s will last too long.
By:
ImSoLuckyLucky!
When: 16 Oct 14 17:19
Just seen what he said

"PROBABLY GOES CHASING "

Hum
Laugh
By:
gutfeeling
When: 16 Oct 14 17:25
Gutted to not have taken 9/1 about a horse you haven't seen jump a fence for a race in 5 months time CCM, The worlds gone mad.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 16 Oct 14 20:42
Gutted to have not taken 9/1 about a horse that is now 6/1. Not that mad.
By:
gutfeeling
When: 17 Oct 14 14:50
Just don't see how the price could be seen as value given the unknowns but each to their own, Good luck for the ante posts CCM.
By:
duffy
When: 17 Oct 14 17:02
Don't forget,Mullins nearly fell over laughing when it was put to him that Faugheen compared favourably to Vautour....that opinion wouldn't have changede, so any excuse Mullins sees to keep Vautour hurdling he may well, take....he'll need to be impressive with no mishaps in his first couple of chases that's for sure.
By:
alleged22
When: 18 Oct 14 23:38
wasn't he pushed out to 9,s on account of UDS going over fences?
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 19 Oct 14 00:46
Trainers train the horses and jockeys ride them. Why on earth should we pay any more attention to what they have to say about whether horse A beats horse B than anybody else? What happens on the gallops happens on the gallops. What happens on the track happens on the track and everybody sees. Barring set backs which often precludes a horse taking part what we see in the big races tend to reflect where a horse is at that time and it's up to you as an individual to make an informed judgement. Mullins can think what he likes. I don't care. Until proven otherwise I'm convinced that Faugheen is the better horse over any distance.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 19 Oct 14 07:46
EO. But listening to trainers say whether horses are going Chasing or staying Hurdling is quite crucial, and the relevant point to the early debate on  Vautour.
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 19 Oct 14 12:01
Well I wouldn't say crucial given trainers often mislead the general public but of course it's relevant about where a trainer intends to send a horse. Even so I'd still like to see how a horse makes a shape at a fence, how quickly he gets from one side to the other etc before taking any financial interest in a good hurdler regarding his prospects re chasing.

However my comment was in response to Duffy's about Mullins' view of their relative merits which would have to have related to their respective abilities as hurdlers.
By:
tomdeane
When: 23 Oct 14 10:13
Just wanted to say I completely agree with Eeternaloptimist's 00:46 post.

Of course it is very important when trainers say outright that horses are going chasing (or staying over hurdles) but listening to them rate their own - let alone other trainers' horses - is usually fruitless. I think there's a very good case for suggesting that they are considerably worse judges about horses than dedicated punters, who spend their whole time objectively (when possible) assessing all the horses in a given race.

We may find out this year which of the two, Vautour and Faugheen, is the better horse, and we may not. For what it's worth, although I am a big fan of both, I can't help feeling that Vautour was considerably more impressive at Cheltenham, whereas Faugheen's most taking display came in a smallish field at Punchestown, at a time when his beaten foes might very well have been over the top.

Of course it's quite possible that Vautour wins the Arkle and Faugheen wins the Champion Hurdle, but at present, I'd rather be taking 6/1 about the former in a novice race (even before we've seen him jump) than half that about the latter in a Championship race against the previous winner and one that looked unlucky and has more experience.
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 23 Oct 14 11:42
The ante post market seems to have got more and more out of tuch with reality as the years have gone by. Both can win for me but they aren't carrying a penny of mine at those prices when one has yet to jump a fence in public and the other is yet to step out of novice company.
By:
sintonian
When: 23 Oct 14 12:11
Isn't the biggest danger to Vautour lining up in the Arkle the fact that the stable may not wish to run against UDS. Plenty of JLT chase discussion from Patrick Mullins on the radio blog with Kevin Blake and co!
By:
tomdeane
When: 23 Oct 14 12:19
Cracking start to the season - we're already talking about which Mullins horses will be avoiding their own stablemates!

If last year's plans taught me anything new, it's that the UDS owners are happy to go with Willie's thoughts regarding Cheltenham. I'd be surprised if things don't revolve around Vautour and Ricci in the chasing division, unless he's gagging to go further than 2m. I'd say it's more than likely if they all progress as hoped that UDS runs in Jewson, or dare I say it, not at all one again!
By:
buddeliea
When: 24 Oct 14 16:53
Don't think UDS wants much further than 2m,thats his distance the way he runs his races,Jewson would take him out his comfort zone imo.
Vatour on the other hand would be fine over further.
By:
HaylingBilly
When: 24 Oct 14 21:58
If UDS goes beyond 2m over fences I will be staggered……...
By:
Howdi
When: 25 Oct 14 10:14
Danger with Mullins dominance is that we don't see the clashes we want to see, possibly in this case Vautour v UDS
By:
buddeliea
When: 26 Oct 14 09:28
Think some of these owners need to use different trainers,plenty of decent ones in Ireland.
At least that way, their horses will be given a fair chance of achieving their capabilities.
By:
buddeliea
When: 26 Oct 14 09:33
Felix Yonger - arguably had the best 2m form all season,ends up in the JLT to appease Champagne Fever.

UDS - We still don't know how good he is over 2m hurdling, and now it looks like we never will.

Different trainers UDS in the CH last season, FY in the Arkle.

That's just 2 examples, there plenty more and no doubt plenty more to come.
By:
Arklearkle
When: 26 Oct 14 22:07
The form of Felix Yonger appeared to be good but his subsequent runs at Cheltenham and Punchestown tell us that he was not that good so the pre Chelts hullabaloo was ridiculous. UDS will almost certainly run in the Arkle leaving the GLT for Vautour.
By:
cufcno1
When: 26 Oct 14 23:26
Ricci has said all along the arkle will be Vautour's target,wasn't as impressive over 2 and a half at punchestown,surely the arkle is the race !
By:
DECALEC
When: 27 Oct 14 02:50
Felix Yonger - arguably had the best 2m form all season,ends up in the JLT to appease Champagne Fever.
a new season awaits move on and dont follow feliy over a cliffLaugh
By:
sageform
When: 27 Oct 14 07:30
Lets wait and see how they perform on a racecourse. History is littered with top class hurdlers that failed to win much over fences and vice versa. Whatever plans are made, the horses will tell us what targets to go for as the season progresses. Fingal Bay is just one recent example of a horse ending up winning a Festival race that nobody, including connections, would have expected him to be contesting 12 months earlier. The Hennessy seems an ambitious target but if he does jump fences he must have a great chance.
By:
Howdi
When: 27 Oct 14 10:15
the horses will tell us their targets but will willie listen Laugh
By:
buddeliea
When: 27 Oct 14 17:43
Laugh
Page 1 of 10  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 10 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page