Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ballydoyle
14 Nov 10 09:45
| Topic/replies: 3,108 | Blogger: Ballydoyle's blog
People don't actually take bets like this do they?????LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 278
By:
Mystic Wind
When: 14 Nov 10 12:50
I have. Didn't think I'd ever take less than 10/1 about a Festival bet in Novemeber, but I've already had 2 this season (Cue Card & Sam Winner)! His performance on Friday was about 10lbs short of Champion Hurdle class and better than requird to win most Supremes.

I can't see the Tizzards aiming for the Chapion with a (currently) 4yo novice, what's the rush?

2pts Cue Card
By:
the istabraq years
When: 14 Nov 10 16:14
said on tv earlier whatever he WILL go novice chasing next year and the impression i got was that he favours having a go at the big one, id hold fire.
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 14 Nov 10 17:47
The Champion Bumper last year was one of the worst ever run...this thing is the new Dunguib.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 14 Nov 10 18:00
Worthy favourite for the Supreme but should be 6/1 at least at this early stage
By:
ben10
When: 15 Nov 10 14:51
How on earth have you come to the conclusion that the Champion Bumper was the worst ever run?
By:
uncle jam
When: 17 Nov 10 16:47
'Worst' because an English horse won it, perchance?
By:
J0KER
When: 17 Nov 10 22:59
Worst because he is a serial guesser as proved last year

Don't dare to have a conflicting view to ballydoyle whatever you do

I take it there is plenty of your money on the lay side....actually I don't coz I know you talk thru yer arse.

Cue the backlash from ballymug haha

Capt clueless the English hating bigot is back
By:
Waterwheel Inc.
When: 18 Nov 10 02:36
Agree it's rather daft, Sam Winner at 6/1 for the Triumph is a worse price though imo.
By:
dwm767
When: 18 Nov 10 13:30
Putting aside the credentials of last seasons Champion Bumper, Cue Card is no Dunguib, he's acted over hurdles at Cheltenham! I think 3's is a fair price for what we've seen so far, I wouldn't want to lay much bigger!
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 18 Nov 10 13:43
LOL at The Joker...still counting the cash from your 1 winner at Chelts?LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

What did I say to you? Me n you will have a convo in March...this is the 4th time I've asked you for a head to head...is it gonna be another no?

English-hating? LaughLaughLaughLaugh

And I'm Irish am I?LaughLaughLaugh
By:
Waterwheel Inc.
When: 18 Nov 10 14:04
I really don't understand why some people seem to think you need to have put money down to be entitled to an opinion?
By:
Alvarado
When: 18 Nov 10 16:16
his biggest danger runs tommorow

SPRINTER SACRE
By:
McK30wn
When: 18 Nov 10 17:56
@waterwheel

I disagree with sam winner being a worse price your betting on a horse that has 1 specific target so if all being well he will line up in the triumph

as cue card is 3's and i possible to run in either supremes/neptuneor champion i would rather take the 6's but would not bet both at this stage

if you think cue card is a shoe in the novice events the 2/1 with blue triangle.. to win any race at chelt seem fair as if remains unbeaten will be very short regardless unless in the champion
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 18 Nov 10 21:09
It's November and taking 2/1 Cue Card to win any Festival race is fair?LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
uncle jam
When: 18 Nov 10 22:10
Apologies Ballydoyle if I had you wrong there. All I know is I heard Ruby apparently yelled at Joe Tizzard as he was cruising past in the Bumper, "What the F*ck is that?". The thing's a machine and he's proved he can take a hurdle which is more than Dunguib did.

What odds could you get on Cue Card winning the Supreme and then turning out next day for the Ballymore? Laugh
By:
Alvarado
When: 18 Nov 10 22:31
hes beaten nothing exactly the same as dunguib did everything hes faced this season he beat them pointless in the bumper so we have learnt nothing new .they,ll be a few horses to come out who won their only bumper or a good flat horse  maybe something like menorah last season unexposed 1 bumper win .and hes with a terrible trainer and ridden by an idiot too
By:
Waterwheel Inc.
When: 19 Nov 10 00:02
Fair point Big Buck's. Honestly, I couldn't even consider putting money down on either. My instinct is to assume talk of the Champion Hurdle is meaningless, but perhaps I'm wrong. Either way the Neptune is a very real possibility. The 2/1 any race isn't a bet I want to make either, but to be fair, based on dutching the best prices it does look to be "value".
By:
abbott
When: 19 Nov 10 09:35
'hes beaten nothing exactly the same as dunguib did'

This is wrong at this point last year Dunguib had only won 2 races at 1/7 and 2/13
fto he beat a horse that had won a bumper and ptp 4L with the 3rd hore only another 1L back beatenn over 40L on his debut.

Nto he beat a horse who was beaten in a 9k race into 2nd with a 106 rated horse in 3rd.

Cue Card this season admittidly didnt beat much fto but in this last race he has beaten a host of lto winners rangeing in ratings from 127 to 140 and he has show that he has no problems with Cheltenham.

Dont get me wrong I am usually against these hype jobs and have made plenty in doing so over the years but I must admit that his performance was one of the best I have seen from a novice.
For me I think he will win his next race with ease and the decision will be made that he takes the Champion Hurdle. Now I am not saying that he will win it but I do belive he will run in it and most probably start at around 4/1.

For that reason Im backing him for the Champion Hurdle at 16/1
By:
scoop6winner.
When: 19 Nov 10 17:09
Well said Abbot,,, dunguib is not in the same league as Cue Card....Backed it at all prices for the supreme and still backing it at 3/1...forget the Champion...not on the agenda.
By:
bring on chelt!!!
When: 19 Nov 10 17:56
3/1 on a Champion Bumper winner can NEVER be value....he may win but if you take a pragmatic view crazy betting
By:
Alvarado
When: 19 Nov 10 18:00
dunguib continued to beat some present and sweeps hill all season long.the only half decent horse cue card has faced is dunraven storm who he beat 30l in the bumper yet only beat 10l at cheltenham the other day .those horses behind them are 110 at best .i like cue card but 2/1 for the supreme is a joke he should be 6/1
By:
bring on chelt!!!
When: 19 Nov 10 18:11
He might win but antepost betting is not about back at a short price in November? Well not in my world.
By:
scoop6winner.
When: 19 Nov 10 19:26
I am sure it was around this time last year that Dunguib was odds on for the supreme...Hardly the  festval bumper, the race he won the other day against DS, he will still be undefeated come this time next year.... why is 3/1 short for the supreme in your opinion... 3s for the supreme is top value there is nothing to beat him.
By:
buddeliea
When: 19 Nov 10 19:36
Nothing to beat him??
We aint even seen all the potential rivals yet!!
If we had i might think 3 is a good price,but we aint,so it aint imo
By:
scoop6winner.
When: 19 Nov 10 21:17
where is the opposition coming from Bud..?Happy
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 19 Nov 10 21:44
^^ it's November....
By:
scoop6winner.
When: 19 Nov 10 22:31
But where are the opposition, unlike most trends in racing this is one that is changing quite rapidly... i think you will find that most of the Champions will becoming out earlier in the year , having quite a few runs under their belt, before the festival especially in the novice races. Something that lots of people wont take into consideration always waiting till nearer the festival to see if anything is good enough to beat the already favorite, its something that everyone should really be looking into... the majority of trainers styles have changed over the last few years...
By:
Wicketd
When: 20 Nov 10 03:45
Alvarado, come on. Comparing bumper form with Dunraven Storm is ridiculous. The horse has only been beaten twice. Cue Card only had him to aim at when the Irish horse faded and desposed of him easily. What has the bumper distance got to do with it? DS clearly didn't run to form in that race anyway.

And the 'those horses behind them are 110 at best' comment is laughable. Owen Glendower for a start was unbeaten over hurdles, beat Mr Hyde who went on to win nto (and is now rated 125). Was also a Nicholls 127 rated hurdler in behind OG that day too. Ballyadam Brook was second in a grade 3 (sent off fav) and lost to a horse who then finished second in another grade 3. King of the Night pulverised Fiulin, a 130 rated hurdler, on his hurdling debut and was fairly murdered by Cue Card in a truly run race. This form puts him on a rating of at least 150+, and that's ridiculous for a novice. This is taking into account the ease in which he beat Dunraven Storm.

He is a different horse to Dunguib. It looked like Cue Card was sleeping when he hit the front in the bumper, as soon as Joe shook the reigns the horse made everything else stand still. He jumps his hurdles well and is rightly favourite for the Supreme. The thing that puts me off backing him is that I have a horrible feeling he'll end up in the Champion. The current price is right for the Supreme though.
By:
buddeliea
When: 20 Nov 10 07:10
no idea scoop,but i will be amazed if we have seen all the candidates thus far.
By:
eric_morris
When: 20 Nov 10 09:04
I am the first to be sceptical about bumper winners in Festival novice hurdles but I believe this one could be an exception along with the likes of Montelado and Monsignor. He travels very very strongly and has gears the aforesaid had. Better value than Dunguib last season winning half paced soft ground races against an average Irish bunch though he is all class also I dont think he is as good as Cue Card will be eventually.
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 20 Nov 10 12:46
Dunraven Storm held the Cue Card form up well there...Cue Card should be odds on now...
By:
scoop6winner.
When: 20 Nov 10 12:49
FFS...LaughLaugh
By:
bring on chelt!!!
When: 20 Nov 10 13:27
tell you what i will give you 3.1-1 ....the form is nothing but a visual treat, fools gold.....
By:
Alvarado
When: 28 Nov 10 00:24
kid cassidy very impressive at newbury on friday

big danger
By:
The Dragon
When: 09 Jan 11 20:16
i think the threes has gone now
By:
The Dragon
When: 09 Jan 11 20:19
13/5 on here
By:
davescrazy
When: 28 Jan 11 22:27
surely they now know which rae there going for ?? why not just come out n say , i can start dong a few multiples then with this beast in
By:
Paul4
When: 28 Jan 11 22:58
a definite double with time for rupert is on the cards, would be soul destroying if both hacked up and no return
By:
Alvarado
When: 29 Jan 11 00:29
not good enough exposed hyped up horse who was put in his place last time will do well to get placed

zaidpour vs sprinter sacre
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com