|
By:
Bold pick bluenose7, good luck
![]() |
|
By:
A daring selection there bluenose. The best of luck, I haven't looked at the race at all so will not pass any opinion. I didn't realise that the team was packed with Irish Racing experts!
|
|
By:
I have a possible for Friday's listed race at Ponte, or may wait until Saturday's Newbury card.
|
|
By:
Burmese Waltz - 2.50 Pont - Win
May as well go today, don't see anything better on Saturday. I like her attitude in a finish, needs a bit more from Silver Wokingham 2nd but this isn't a strong race. Wanted to go ew at last night's price of 8/1 or so, but backed in to 4/1 currently so going win only. |
|
By:
Good luck with that one undecided. Unfortunately, I think it has a good chance so that probably reduces its chance considerably.
|
|
By:
Not happening for us this week, good luck duke with our last pick.
|
|
By:
Yes its harder than it looks
Karibana 2.40 Newmarket Win Going for the 3 timer and hopefully around 3-1 to 4-1 will get us some points |
|
By:
Who wants to play a game of what we would have put up if we had waited for Saturday?
![]() Yimou - 4.35 Donc - EW But good luck duke with the only one that matters. |
|
By:
yes wish i had waited stable in form, double course and distance winner, big price, what could go wrong and the rest is history.Good luck to our todays players and hope we have a better second week.
|
|
By:
We are now at half-time of the first round of the competition and sitting bottom of the league. I think there is no need to panic, we need to hold our nerve, we are better than demonstrated this week. None of the teams have done outstandingly well and one winner would have made a big difference to our position. I think the most important is to get more returns as an even money shot will score 20 points, so four even money shots will score the same as the same as one 7/1 shot winner and 3 losers. I am not suggesting that we start going for short priced selections and certainly by next Saturday we may be having to go for bigger priced selections depending on the scoreboard at the time. So start studying, there is some nice racing at York from Wednesday onwards next week and I think it quite likely that I might be playing there, although as you all know there will also be some good value selections lurking elsewhere if you can find them.
|
|
By:
Or find a handicap with eight runners and all pick a different horse win or e/w depending on the price and then hope the three longest prices fill the first three places???
|
|
By:
![]() ![]() - at least we'd be guaranteed points and that would be enough to move us well up the table i reckon.![]() ![]() ![]() |
|
By:
This time next week it will all look very different lads.....maybe!
|
|
By:
OK lads - I am going to go 10pts win Master Burbidge in the 3.45 Uttoxeter at about 9/2.
Second run of the season so should improve a bit, not an over-raced exposed horse, decent RPR last time out relative to it's OR, C & D winner, Sam T-D up rather than an apprentice this time.....good enough for me! |
|
By:
Good luck, may the fightback begin
![]() |
|
By:
Feck me! It's just fell at the first fence! Can't legislate for that i'm afraid
![]() ![]() ![]() |
|
By:
Tough luck mad.
|
|
By:
Okay, I am going for 5 points each way tomorrow on Selected in the last at York. Has been improving nicely and think Fahey has targeted this nursery.
|
|
By:
Monsieur Lambrays 3.45 York EW
Has got a good chance to go in again,slight concern about the ground but saying that waiting until Saturday with this rain forecast all week,who knows what the state of the ground will be. |
|
By:
Well that ran like it had clogs on,could of been the ground or just had an off day.
|
|
By:
Nice one qqking, good to get the scoreboard ticking along. I have a couple I might play tomorrow although on the 2nd week in particular, I like to leave it until Saturday when we have a better idea of what will be needed.
|
|
By:
was never in danger of winning, but will settle for a place
|
|
By:
well done qqking, nice ew points, one of these will hit the target for us soon.
|
|
By:
tempted to do Lawahed today but i think we might need more points so maybe wait for a better option.
|
|
By:
I see 3 of us like Sir Busker. I have a couple of fancies on Saturday, in the Melrose and the Group 2 so will wait 'til then.
|
|
By:
Having had a look at the Saturday cards, I am now between 3 for this week, one in the big handicap today, one in the race lockup is thinking about although not the one he fancies, and one in the Ebor. Which to play? Good luck undecided if you are going to play in the Melrose on Saturday. As like most years it looks fairly impossible to me.
|
|
By:
Melrose looks a cracker, the amount of winners in the form figures, but you'll just get a better price if you pick the right one
![]() I'm going to study both races carefully and just get in a muddle ![]() ![]() |
|
By:
I was going to wait until for the 2 chases at Uttox tomorrow but who knows what the weather will do.
I have a horse in my tracker running tonight at Newton Abbot in the 6.55 - Layerthorpe. Won its last 3 prior to being brought down fto this year. Ground should be ok and the form of its last win has worked out reasonably well. I would prefer to do it to win as it may go off shorter than it is now but will make it an each way selection if that is the view of the skipper and the team at this stage of the comp. |
|
By:
Sawyer, good luck with whatever you decide.
|
|
By:
At 9/2 I'd be tempted to go win only. Also, to get anywhere near the top for this fortnight we need that.
Good luck with whatever you/captain decide |
|
By:
The Sawyer, the decision is yours, it is the 1st round of the competition, there is a long way to go. I think with where we are currently positioned the win looks the better option to give us a chance of moving up the table. It may all be irrelevant anyway once one of your team members lands a 20/1 winner tomorrow ( I am thinking undecided with his Melrose selection!)
|
|
By:
Sawyer if you fancy it get on the win I think we need points as its looking a bit Hail Mary time tomorrow but obviously your call good luck mate.
|
|
By:
Ok thanks, all in it is then
|
|
By:
Morning
'sTeam tactic's for today,E`W or "All~IN" ?? |
|
By:
Well bluenose, I'm going all in, we may as well be last as 4th, the main points in the round got to the top 3.
So my big hope for the Melrose is Arthurian Fable and I will go win only, currently 14/1. "Incredibly strong 3-yo hcap" to quote Timeform, yes but mine is underrated at the odds. The Ascot 5th was better than bare form as the horse pulled hard early and was forced wide from a poor draw, so Hukum winner since an easy Gp3 winner, Kipps 2nd, perhaps a little better off at the weights today but not much in it, yet Kipps is 4/1 here. 3rd that day Subjectivist, subsequent listed winner. Arthurian proven at the distance, last win not the strongest race but 3rd there won yesterday. Trainer positive about chance, hottest jock on board, let's go for it. |
|
By:
I would normally have gone ew at this price, but we're 48pts behind the next team so let's be brave
![]() |
|
By:
G/Luck today U`D & all RACING
'sWill try & get that 48pts back on... 4.25 Uttox: DOING FINE. Ran well after a break over C`D LTO (Not a plodding on 5th) in a better race than this. Good or soft ground not a problem. G/L today all. ![]() "if you~dig" ![]() |
|
By:
Good luck all of you who select today
|
|
By:
I think I should probably have gone for the one I was thinking of on Thursday but I decided to keep my pick back until today and it is in the Ebor with Alright Sunshine. Stable starting to come into form and last time out was hampered when starting to make his run and considerably better off at the weights with the winner then Fujaira Prince. As currently 33/1 I will play it E.W. Unfortunately not well drawn.
|
|
By:
I'm having rotten luck with good priced runners-up at York this week.
Good luck Aquarius, bluenose7 and lockup. |