Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 128 comments are related to the topic:
NHL - Starts Tonight

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 128
By:
drewboy
When: 25 Nov 13 22:42
ha - we must have been typing at same time Danzol.....not reading same script though!!!
By:
danzol44
When: 25 Nov 13 22:51
so drew do u agree the Wild might get something out of it????
By:
danzol44
When: 25 Nov 13 22:57
might be right with the Devils the only concern i've got is the Jets haven't won away from home in regulation since opening day so i wait until they get their next one...Unders look good in St Louis for me as well....
By:
drewboy
When: 25 Nov 13 23:07
Not in a hurry to comment on Wild - they haven't looked back since I said a few weeks ago that they look like dodgepots!!!  I have watched them 3 or 4 times and have to say they have been impressive - also don't ever seem to look intimidated in difficult rinks....something that they will need to continue with tonight.  I certainly wouldn't talk you out of backing them, but the ML prices look about right to me
By:
danzol44
When: 25 Nov 13 23:18
thanx drew...i watched them a couple times and i thought the same...however my Blues look really good specially at home...who knows...gl with ur bets
By:
drewboy
When: 26 Nov 13 00:50
Pretty desperate first period by NJ - look practically asleep.  Shot count really deceiving as Winnipeg by a distance the better team.
By:
danzol44
When: 26 Nov 13 00:59
looking good so far....Winnipeg in front, Columbus in front...need Florida to do something and the Wild game coming soon....
By:
danzol44
When: 26 Nov 13 01:59
not a chance in St Louis for the Wild...at least the Blue Jackets get my money back so not a disaster...thats it for tonight
By:
drewboy
When: 26 Nov 13 03:40
New Jersey were the pits but nice little earner in St Louis Cool
By:
drewboy
When: 27 Nov 13 13:00
A few which look good tonight which should set alarm bells ringing!!!!!!!

Before Florida's win against Phili the other night which had 4 goals their previous 11 games had at least 5 goals (admittedly 8 of these were exactly 5).  Ok, so tonight its the boring, miserly Rangers....but how miserly are they?  7 of 12 Rangers games have got to 5 and 4 have cleared that mark in November.  Very surprised to see the line set at 5 for this one, happy to take 10/11 it will be over 5 and the 2.6ish on here to be over 5.5 is tempting.

The Isles/Jets game also looks full of goals - Isles will come out firing tonight in a bid to get out of their rut and will be far livelier than the sleepy dross put up by NJ last time.  Islanders simply look a disorganised mess in defence,  going for over 5.5.

Another goal-line surprise in Colorado where things look tight - going under 5.5 (thought 5 would be nearer the mark) and lastly Washington to beat Ottawa in 60 at odds against.

Phew Grin
By:
danzol44
When: 27 Nov 13 22:23
agree with goals in New York and Colorado drew, cant decide the one in Florida though...and i think Washington gonna win...
my picks are: i really think Detroit gonna win so quite a big bet for me...i know they are an old team but i will stick with them simply because they gonna have a go on the Bruins team who cant always win....also think Philadelphia gonna get something and also Phoenix...gl all
By:
danzol44
When: 27 Nov 13 22:25
ahhhhh almost forgot!!!!!!!!!!!

the Flames as a big underdog...they were really unlucky in recent home games so i hope its about to change...Chicago suffered a couple defeats recently hopefully it continues tonight
By:
danzol44
When: 28 Nov 13 03:59
funny results in the Hockey League tonight....Detroit did me proud but i still need another result to make it profitable...and thats gonna be the Flames...it has to be the Flames....gl
By:
drewboy
When: 29 Nov 13 16:28
Bumper crop of fixtures...

Over 5.5 in Washington
Under 5.5 in Anaheim
Tampa to beat Pittsburgh ML

Good luck - off to Fighting Fifth tomorrow Happy
By:
drewboy
When: 02 Dec 13 21:55
4 games tonight and each of them looks to have a very tight under 5.5 price but can't decide which one(s) I like best so going to give over a go at evs on Grand Salami.  20.5 seems very low to me.  Saints get a big 6.5 in Seattle as well Shocked
By:
danzol44
When: 02 Dec 13 22:51
i expect goals in NY and Minnesota, drew...Winnipeg havent played OVER 5.5 game away from hope since the first away game...and thats 11 games...so i give it a go...gl
By:
danzol44
When: 04 Dec 13 20:25
NY did me good, the streak had to be broken...
tonight just three games but im gonna give it a go...why not????
MOntreal looks strong for me and also the Flyers gonna have a strong game against Detroit...the third one is the tricky one...the Flames havent won in regulation in 8 games so the streak have to be broken.....
Montreal, Philadelphia, Calgary...gl all
By:
danzol44
When: 05 Dec 13 05:09
ohhhh my....big win....as all three won....hope at least somebody did it...go gonna enjoy the winnings...see u all tmrw
By:
danzol44
When: 05 Dec 13 22:37
Toront Carolina double for me 2nite...small stakes obviously...gl all
By:
danzol44
When: 05 Dec 13 22:38
Toronto Nashville i mean  Cool
By:
drewboy
When: 09 Dec 13 21:29
Hope you having a decent run whilst I haven't been around danzol Happy

Looking to the game in Ottawa to provide enough goals tonight.  Bit of a critical game for both teams, both fancied their chances in the off-season but have failed to deliver - the cards dropping all wrong for the Sens as their division is proving much the stronger in the East.  Phili seem to be in denial as to how poor they have been, but the tightness (inferiority?) of their division means they are well in the hunt.  Expecting a big push early from Sens but they leak too many and Anderson is showing that last year may have been one of over-achievement?

Over 5.5 at about 6/5
By:
drewboy
When: 10 Dec 13 21:57
Another bumper Tuesday with some great match-ups tonight.

Getting boring to keep picking on Buffalo but they stink the place out so lets continue - Ottawa had a massive win last night, including (I think?) their first SO goal of the year.  Early word is that Sabres are trying brand new lines again - but it is obvious that these players are not top drawer and will lose over time, whichever order they jumbled up in.  Sens will be all out to close the gap on the top 3 and have to be the night's best bet.

Going to stick my neck out and (tentatively) start to oppose the season's surprise package Colorado.  Tonight the never-say-die Coyotes are in town and are taken to leave with the points - hoping to be a step ahead of the books here - Aves will be looking at schedule thinking next 6 or 7 are crucial as it gets tougher afterwards - hoping they will be reeling in the new year.

Finally NY Isles record is awful lately but they showed enough signs of life last night to suggest they can give San Jose a game.  Taking the view that once Isles are really put under the cosh they collapse - but at the prices taking Sharks slump to continue and Isles to skip clear.  Very spotingly priced at > 4/1 to win in 60

Good Luck
By:
rmccarthy16
When: 10 Dec 13 22:33
WD on your win the other night drewboy,

I agree with the first 2 picks, i think buffalo are just done for and really need something to click right soon.
Colorado seemed to be a bit burnt out after a flyer of a start aswell so i like the coyotes too.

The islanders though i seem to never get right, i watched them last night against the ducks and they played well up to half way then just crumbled so i reckon the sharks will win tonight and probably in 60, they can't keep loosing surely.

Anyway my picks tonight are, Columbus Bluejackets  and St. Louis in a moneyline double.

Columbus decent at home and played well last night whilst the Devils are a bit rocky and St.Louis are decent home or away and have been a bit unlucky recently.

Do you ever look at stats to decide your picks drewboy?
By:
Swardean
When: 10 Dec 13 22:37
Good luck, no need to desert a winning formula, game of the night for me in Montreal when the kings come to town.  Always love the atmosphere Canadians can generate at home.   Hoping they can nick this one.
By:
rmccarthy16
When: 10 Dec 13 23:27
good luck swardean
By:
Swardean
When: 11 Dec 13 01:33
Good griefBlush Fastest £400 I have ever lost.  Price had his worst game I have seen in nearly 3 years and I really thought they could have taken advantage of the rookie keeper of the Kings.   He came up with 5=6 amazing saves in the first 6 minutes and after that the confidence was up.   Corey couldn't have stopped a football tonight.
By:
drewboy
When: 11 Dec 13 09:15
Well done rmc, and you are not alone in not having seen that coming in Montreal Swardean!!

I can't see how anyone can bet on hockey without using stats rmc, in answer to your question.  Obviously the most important thing is to watch as much as you can - there possibly is no sport like hockey where you can go through spells of playing well but not winning and vice vesra, and if you haven't actually watched these games then highlights can't do them justice.  I'm personally not totally dogmatic and have been fortunate enough to realise that Buffalo were poor early in the season for instance.  Another example from last year would be if anyone was lucky enough to foresee that Bobrovsky would turn up in Columbus and play like ten men!!

All that said the shootout curse bites again for Ottawa, and after a decent run for the money the Isles needed more time to see off San Jose who will surely turn it around soon.  Isles still hopeless penalty killers and this does not look like turning around soon.

Good luck
By:
drewboy
When: 11 Dec 13 10:26
Just watched the highlights through and what impressed most about Jones was his ability to stand still!!  Poulin gets the win for Isles but probably skated 5 miles in the game!  Love to see a netminder who is confident that he doesn't need to be showing histrionics to demonstrate how well he is playing......although strangely Price is the one that generally behaves this way!
By:
drewboy
When: 11 Dec 13 10:27
Oh and the boy Jones is from North Vancouver - does that make the medicine any sweeter Swardean? Mischief
By:
drewboy
When: 11 Dec 13 22:12
Has to be Anaheim later on (my first bet in a game involving Minnesota in many weeks - if not this season?).

It could be argued that Anaheim are the best in the NHL just now.  2nd in league overall but already 20 road games under their belt - and an amazing home record.  Of 13 at home 11 wins and 2 defeats (one a SO the other OT).  So laying the visitors, any visitors, has won every time in 60 minute market. 

Minnesota's away record is so-so, and to be fair their overall record suggests they can get up for big games, but I'm going to be greedy and really take them on tonight.  Anaheim have won 8 of their 13 at home by more than one and with recent big wins under their belt the 9/4 looks to big for Ducks to beat the spread.

Anaheim -1.5
Over 5.5 in Chicago
By:
nugget
When: 12 Dec 13 00:37
toronto
By:
Swardean
When: 12 Dec 13 00:48
No comfort whatsoever DrewPlain, I heard that whilst watching the game last night.  Must be the best run of debut games for a rookie keeper ever
By:
nugget
When: 12 Dec 13 03:09
minnesota
By:
drewboy
When: 12 Dec 13 22:31
Well done with your lays nugget Mischief

Fabulous match ups tonight so going to try to stay up as long as I can.  Unfortunately its the late, late games that look best for punting.  San Jose should get back to winning ways but price is tight.  Going to have a go at

WINNIPEG to beat Colorado at Evs
Over 5 goals in Edmonton
Under 5.5 goals in Calgary (and don't see Flames getting many of those scored)

Good luck
By:
Swardean
When: 12 Dec 13 22:51
Going to watch one of the early games ahead of the NFL/cricket.   Never learn and likely to back Montreal to respond after their humiliation.  GL
By:
drewboy
When: 13 Dec 13 22:08
Hope you didn't Swardean....Habs a team I struggle to get right, I thought they were in an artificially lofty position - cure they win next 6!!!

Think Penguins will be up to snuffing out Devils tonight and under 5 looks the call at evs.  See a similar scenario in Vancouver where the tougher division seems to have finally dawned on the Cannucks - results are needed in a hurry.  Think Vancouver will really squeeze the Oilers who will be playing for 3rd time in 4 days.  Under 5.5 looks fairly safe Shocked

Good luck
By:
drewboy
When: 14 Dec 13 00:15
Put a bit extra on an what happens in first minute?

Schneider Cry
By:
drewboy
When: 14 Dec 13 17:14
Totally out of jail in Pittsburgh last night but thats the game and happy to get some luck.......

Some very welcome early starts and two of them have good opportunities.  On principal Calgary must be backed at awful Buffalo who are somehow favourites - albeit only just.  The Flames have such a hard job getting wins in their ultra competitive division/conference but have a fair record against the East, 6-3-2.  Buffalo have very little to recommend them, 2-9 against west and 4 home wins all season.  Given that 4 of Sabres 7 wins have come in shootouts it is tempting to back Calgary in 60, but at slight odds against it Calgary ML.

Would love to see Jones start again tonight for LA to watch a full performance.  He looks like a monster!  Even if its Scrivens though LA look like they can put up a wall and this game in Ottawa looks banker under material. 

Calgary ML
Under 5.5 goals in Ottawa

Good luck
By:
drewboy
When: 14 Dec 13 21:50
No harm done - both teams as bad as each other tbf in Buffalo but Calgary pull through in OT.

As I was watching the game in Buffalo didn't see why Anderson left the game (Ott/LA) after less than 5 minutes but he had already let 2 in and I suppose in hindsight unders wasn't such a good idea when a powerhouse team comes up against a flimsy stopper.

Plenty more to go at later but nothing jumps out.  Suspect Isles will be glad to be home but just leak too many to contemplate a bet.  Suspect Chicago will overwhelm Leafs but price is mighty skinny.  Going for a lively outsider in Carolina, would also have taken on St Louis with Columbus but a goalie having his first start in 3 years tempers enthusiasm.

Good Luck
By:
Swardean
When: 14 Dec 13 22:27
Yeah watch the buffalo game, two bad teams, no damage done
Page 3 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML