Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
drewboy
01 Oct 13 21:08
| Topic/replies: 6,431 | Blogger: drewboy's blog
Less and less followers??

Toronto might get off to a flyer tonight but watching for a while before taking the plunge

Thoughts all?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 128
By:
CJ
When: 01 Oct 13 21:57
Well I'll be watching. Only dabbled small so far, but think the Senators might are worth a small bet at fancy odds. Also small on the Habs.

Expect the usual suspects to be strong again though, Boston are value @13.5.

Will be rooting for my Kings who should go well again with a settled team but they've been slow starters in recent years so will bet them at a later date.
By:
HARRY22
When: 02 Oct 13 21:33
I like the boston pick,first team I backed last season,going to be strong again.
By:
drewboy
When: 03 Oct 13 09:23
Think it is madness to leave Pittsburgh out of a portfolio this time - though reading the news about Vokoun and with the awful season Fleury had last time enthusiasm is slightly dampened.  If not Pittsburgh I like Detroit, who manage to churn out results and seem to be seamlessly going through a transition based upon last season's showing. 

Of those at bigger odds I'd say that Dallas have done some fair business - the signings from Boston particularly eyecatching.  Also like Winnipeg - incredible home support and very streaky.  The books look pretty lopsided to the east, can't see a particular reason for this?

Good luck all
By:
taff7
When: 03 Oct 13 23:39
I know its aftertiming, but l jumped on Pittburgh @ 1-0
By:
gonesleeping
When: 04 Oct 13 02:45
happy toronto won 2 games but their defence is definitely shaky. it will be up to their goalies
By:
drewboy
When: 04 Oct 13 23:44
Think Jets will take advantage of rusty Kings tonight.....Quick looked a little out of sorts to me last night and the home fans to make the difference.

Good luck
By:
drewboy
When: 08 Oct 13 20:59
Did you see Quick's howler last night CJ?  Pretty unfortunate stuff, only watched highlights on Gamecentre and he looked back to his best, on balance it looked as though Rangers carried some luck.

With that in mind and Sharks being fast out of the blocks again this season I'm happy to take San Jose to win in regulation at evens.  Goals could be at a premium tonight as things settle down - i'm hoping especially so in Nashville.  NHL to the fore a bit tonight....good luck all
By:
rmccarthy16
When: 08 Oct 13 22:29
I'm going for a money line 4 fold tonight,

Maple leafs, flyers, penguins and the wild.

Wild preds game could be my downfall
By:
drewboy
When: 09 Oct 13 20:09
Unlucky rmc16 - Penguins looked awesome at times last night while Minnesota look to me like a team to duck for a while.

Tonight's games pretty unappealing - interesting that the game in Calgary is slightly overbroke with the books - I'd have thought Flames would be slight favs but nothing entices a bet - tomorrow night looks better
By:
drewboy
When: 10 Oct 13 20:15
Quietly fancy Carolina to win in Washington tonight, if they stay out of the box they have every chance of matching Caps - and Holtby looks like a sieve at the minute.  7/5 looks really good.

Elsewhere Buffalo to get first win, and why would anyone field against SJ just now? Won last 10 against Vancouver.....
By:
Swardean
When: 11 Oct 13 07:55
Some very nice picks last night drew. Watched the avs game and they fully deserved the win.
By:
drewboy
When: 11 Oct 13 10:27
Just had a read back Swardean and Buffalo is first one I've got wrong on thread!  I can soon fettle that though!

Due to screaming baby I saw more sport than I'd like last night.  Caps/Canes was decent, not much between them tbh so punting for value made sense.  Caught some of Van/SJ - Sharks look amazing right now, but they did early last season.  Saw more hockey due to poor NFL fare...got a shock in 2nd half when over 47.5 looked briefly under threat but in truth 2 poor teams for me.

Trappy stuff tonight but Isles have made a good start - was imperative for them to build on last season - and at 8/5 they are a sporting punt in a difficult building.  Also going to back Calgary against NJ, again as against Montreal, I'd make Flames favourites but books disagree
By:
drewboy
When: 17 Oct 13 20:10
I like the fancy odds about Florida at home to Boston tonight - shame I can't stay up to watch Thomas against his former team....suspicion he will play out of his skin and 8/5 looks good enough on money line.

Buffalo look dreadful and Vancouver should skate rings around them tonight - odds against is fine to beat a team in 60 minutes that has lost 6 of 8 that way already.
By:
Swardean
When: 18 Oct 13 21:24
Interesting game tonight. Everyone keen on the blues but I like the jets at home and odds against.
By:
drewboy
When: 22 Oct 13 10:54
Decent shout Swardean....though it didn't look likely with 10 minutes left!!

Nashville look the goods at 13/10 at in-and-out Minnesota in what will probably be a low scorer
By:
Swardean
When: 23 Oct 13 07:08
Half right drew!  Not got gamecenter this year so not watching as much as previous years, at least whilst the NFL is going.  Too many late nights last year took its toll but guess I will pick it up again in feb and certainly for the playoffs.  Would like to see a Canadian team win it again, they love their hockey and it would be a good boost for the sport.
By:
drewboy
When: 23 Oct 13 12:17
I'm just watching the live streams online - you can watch whichever game you choose and with a set of nights starting tomorrow its a godsend.

I'm through with the NFL after the weekend...season started well but hit some really bad luck (honest! not bets I regret) but betting over 39 in KC/Houston then witnessing what happened in last 20 minutes play - and not least final throes of the game - has really knocked my end in.
By:
drewboy
When: 25 Oct 13 00:30
Greedy bet on Stars to beat leaky Flames.....Stars -1.5 at 9/5

Good luck NFL fans - might be hard to watch tonight
By:
Swardean
When: 25 Oct 13 20:41
Too easy drewExcitedCool
By:
HARRY22
When: 25 Oct 13 21:30
Shoot-out  last night in tampa,if only that team could shut up shop...who do you fancy this year swardean?
By:
drewboy
When: 25 Oct 13 22:35
Nothing jumps out as value tonight to these eyes....a goal fest looks on the cards in Pittsburgh but game is priced up accordingly - similarly the game in St Louis should be tight but prices are right.

Buffalo are truly dreadful just now - if Miller was playing better I may have entertained under 5 goals in Florida but for interest going to back Ottawa to beat Anaheim inside the distance at 5/4.  Ducks were out of sorts last night in Montreal and don't seem to enjoying their time in Canada!
By:
HARRY22
When: 25 Oct 13 22:51
Ottawa even tougher at home that habs
By:
drewboy
When: 26 Oct 13 02:31
Typical

Over the line in Pittsburgh (crazy last 10 minutes), Under the line in St Louis, Under 5 in Florida (ENROTH stopped 44!!) and which one do you decide to back Cry

Ottawa just not at the races at any point in the game - c'est la vie
By:
Swardean
When: 26 Oct 13 08:41
Your Boston team with their physicality and smothering defense are build for the playoffs and and will be there at the end. Sharks solid and have real flare.

Of, the outsiders I lime wild and redwings. Think Chicago and Pittsburgh come unstuck somewhere down the line. My team the canucks better than I hoped after major changes so fingers crossed they can have a decent run.
By:
drewboy
When: 27 Oct 13 21:13
Taking Ducks on again tonight - Ottawa just didn't show on Friday night and handed Ducks the game.  Jackets have won three straight at home and have looked good doing so and their hard press will hopefully take its toll on a team that have done some travelling in past 8 days (5th game).  5/6 CBJ looks outstanding value
By:
Swardean
When: 27 Oct 13 21:23
Watched CBJ against Toronto and they did play well so may join you on this one drew
By:
drewboy
When: 27 Oct 13 21:38
Having an NFL free weekend Swardean - thought it would be like giving up smoking but have managed it OK up until now!
By:
drewboy
When: 27 Oct 13 23:39
Dreadful decision to five Dubinsky 5 minutes for what looked a clean hit will probably put paid to Jackets bet - ffs
By:
drewboy
When: 29 Oct 13 22:48
Like under 5.5 in games at NJ and St Louis tonight.

The trade of Moulsen and high picks for Vanek looks the strangest I have seen in years in the NHL.  Is he even better or does he have more potential (Vanek that is)?  Tavares played so well with Moulsen - can't help but thinking the Isles have finally dug themselves out of a hole but fallen into a crater - really big game tonight and Isles should be looking to beat Rangers but I have my doubts - won't be betting
By:
gonesleeping
When: 30 Oct 13 05:45
good call on the unders drew, was close in both though!
By:
drewboy
When: 30 Oct 13 13:12
Never in much doubt in NJ to be fair gonesleeping....and only the usual last-minute will-they-won't-they in St Louis after the late winner.

I watched Isles/Rangers and game panned out as I feared it might.  Rangers won despite offering very little - the worrying thing for Islanders is every time one of theirs goes to the box they look like conceding.  Some are saying they need to bolster defence, other say keeper, but I'd say both.  Unless Vanek hits it off quickly with JT the Moulson trade will be a spectacular own goal.
By:
drewboy
When: 30 Oct 13 22:35
Calgary finally look to be making a fortress of Saddledome (well kind of....4 games) but all that said they show decent forward power game by game and may just be value at evs to beat Toronto tonight.
By:
drewboy
When: 31 Oct 13 00:28
Need to hope Flames stay out of box on evidence of first penalty kill attempt Cry
By:
drewboy
When: 31 Oct 13 23:25
Something seriously wrong in Buffalo - just watched first 10 mins of their game at ordinary NYR and it looks as though Sabres have never played the game before.....coaching must be chronic
By:
Swardean
When: 01 Nov 13 00:21
Been watching myself drew waiting for the NFL.  Did you know that b365 now have free streams on every game in real time,  pretty good
By:
drewboy
When: 01 Nov 13 00:31
Watching them Swardean - with me binoculars!!!

The same company were also overbroke for about half an hour between 2 of their goal markets Laugh so although I'm only pennies to the good they are my free pennies.

Buffalo are embarrassing - and anyone that loses to this lot in the next couple of weeks needs to take a look at themselves.  If I were Miller (or Enroth) I'd take up bricklaying...or the priesthood
By:
drewboy
When: 07 Nov 13 21:52
Loads of opportunities tonight.......

Under 5.5 looks very good in Washington and Ottawa (where I'd have thought Habs would be shorter)

Rangers look a touch of value - should be in great heart after last night and Columbus were pretty abject last time and confidence is thin with a run of home losses.  Last season's trades add some spice to this but happy to take odds against.  Good luck
By:
Swardean
When: 08 Nov 13 08:02
Amazing drew, I make that 3 out of 3. Cleaning up on the NHL this year. 1 and 1 for me wild (very unlucky) and canucks (finally broke the streak).
By:
drewboy
When: 08 Nov 13 09:23
Don't shout it too loud Swardean!!  If hockey was the only sport I'd be worth a fortune just now.....

Sent you a message the other day - not sure if you saw it?  Wouldn't have made you rich but you'd be no poorer either.
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com