Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 124 comments are related to the topic:
Swardean

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 124
By:
HARRY22
When: 23 Feb 13 00:41
Are you watching the vancouver game tonight?
By:
Swardean
When: 23 Feb 13 00:46
Yes, but tonight the Sharks/Blackhawks should be a crackers so I will be switching between games.  I have a sneaky feeling the Chicago run ends tonight.
By:
Swardean
When: 23 Feb 13 00:47
Well on the the Ruskies btw
By:
HARRY22
When: 23 Feb 13 00:52
OT win again for chicago
By:
Swardean
When: 23 Feb 13 00:58
Wouldnt be a surprise but San Jose come here rested and have a score to settle, also Niemi playing great in goal.  Will be close IMO and I certainly wouldnt be backing hawks at odds on
By:
HARRY22
When: 23 Feb 13 06:46
Hawks  get it done...some record...I bet they end up losing the next game...come down from a high.
By:
Swardean
When: 23 Feb 13 12:51
Yes they keep churning out the wins in some really close games.  Good to see Vancouver keeping pace
By:
HARRY22
When: 23 Feb 13 13:30
Vancouver going very well indeed, were you a hockey fan before you went out to Vancouver to work?
By:
Swardean
When: 23 Feb 13 23:18
No harry, I had been to a couple of games at MSG when visiting NY with the other half which we enjoyed but didnt really follow it.  Guarantee a couple of weeks in Canada and you can't help get drawn in.  Fans live for it there, Vancouver always a sell out and most players say the atmosphere generated is one of the best
By:
spellingandgrammarchecker
When: 24 Feb 13 00:17
test
By:
HARRY22
When: 25 Feb 13 14:47
Vancouver took a beating last night Shocked
By:
Swardean
When: 25 Feb 13 18:14
Its a strange sport and you cant read anything into any individual games.  Even the worse teams in the league still win 33% of their games.  So with these volatile match ups you need to try and find the games when team are really targeting a win.   Obviously over a season these blips are ironed out and the cream does rise to the top.

Last night 4th away game in 5 days over 6500 km travelled.  Still a good team... but detroit are never a bad lot either
By:
HARRY22
When: 25 Feb 13 20:32
Yes I am beginning to see more of these kind or results...any idea how many of the playoff games this premier sports will be showing? if it is just the odd game I wont bother subscribing
By:
Swardean
When: 25 Feb 13 21:12
Typically show 2 games per day if schedule allows in early stages and as the teams swindle they will show pretty much every game.

Good VFM is you stay up a few nights or sky+ to watch the day after.  If not you can get reasonable free streams for every game.

You starting to enjoy it harry?
By:
HARRY22
When: 25 Feb 13 23:05
Ok, will subscribe when it comes to playoffs then, yes I have seen a few games on the streams, but to be honest I am sick of staring at laptop watching games with poor picture quality, not getting the use out of this flat screen tv,cant beat sports in HD Grin,...Yes I do like the ice hockey, just stopped watching it due to the long season and so many games so lost touch, used to follow the redwings years ago when they had federov,that was years ago.
By:
Swardean
When: 02 Mar 13 05:42
Really enjoyed the games tonight and Wild very unlucky not to get anything.   Still rate this team with Parese, Sutor, Setagchi and Heatley and  Kovu they have a great 1st and 2nd line and if they get to the playoffs they will be contenders.

Anyway Ducks travel to divisional rivals the Coyotes tomorrow and Phoenix will be so up for this, I am backing at 5/6 on money line.

Biggest bet of the season tomorrow goes on the Canadians against the Pens.  They were so dominate against a decent leafs team on Weds and always like Montreal at home on weekend games, crowd so up for it.  Taken the 5/6 so fingers crossed for me.
By:
HARRY22
When: 02 Mar 13 17:16
Good luck swardean, looking forward to the playoffs...my teams are assembled and just hope they all make it Cool Chicago still unbeaten,
By:
HARRY22
When: 02 Mar 13 17:40
Do you fancy your team vancouver to beat the Kings tonight? Kings finally getting it together again,5 on the spin,would happily take a point before a 5 game run at home.
By:
HARRY22
When: 03 Mar 13 02:42
you picked a hell of a game to get involved in with montreal  6-6
By:
Swardean
When: 03 Mar 13 11:17
Morning Harry, agreed what a game although bit disappointed to come out losing.  Picked a game when Carey Price had a nightmare, can't remember him ever letting seven in.  Even with that, still managed to take it to overtime.  Also had plenty of opportunity to get out with a profit or just level and didnt take it.  Two decent teams and with Boston the best in the East.

Some consolation with Phoenix beating the Ducks but my stake on Canadians was 5 times higher.

Still a great night viewing though as doesnt more intense than that outside of the playoffs
By:
HARRY22
When: 03 Mar 13 14:09
Good afternoon...I saw the ducks result...Was thinking you had been done twice when you said you had phoenix on the moneyline???  Two of your picks going to OT.  Montreal wont get the support money wise in the playoffs, boston looks strong though.  Pleased the ducks didn't pick up full pts in regulation with the kings losing, hoping they can stay in touch and get even closer with this 5 game run at home.
By:
Swardean
When: 03 Mar 13 14:51
Ducks were outplayed and were lucky to get a point however, on the Moneyline you collect even with a SO or OT win, so despite the nervous end, I at least got one winner.
By:
HARRY22
When: 03 Mar 13 15:03
'wake up'  of course, don't know what I thought that as I have been placing bets of late on the 60 min markets, not many mind..dangerous game. one of the bookies had LA kings just short of 4/1 1-0 down but kings had 5on3..well that is what it said on the website, when I saw the highlights the following day it didnt show any 5on3 situation so got lucky with that one Grin
By:
d13phe
When: 19 Mar 13 09:27
Minnesota and St Louis in some decent form.

Looks like Chicago still the team to beat though
By:
HARRY22
When: 22 Mar 13 03:16
I have 4 teams ahead of them but I am biased Grin
By:
d13phe
When: 22 Mar 13 10:13
who are you rooting for Harry?
By:
racingguru
When: 22 Mar 13 10:56
AS a Nucks fan - we win nothing this year - might sneak in to playoffs - may even win the NW but we are a team in decline. Sedins getting slow, Kessler living on past glories of one season and now seems injury prone and a D that is overrated.

1st round exit again.

on the plus side Hansen and Raymond are playing great.
By:
Swardean
When: 22 Mar 13 13:05
My Mid-season Power Ranks (based on nothing other than my view):-

1. Ducks
2. Chicago
3. Montreal
4. Penguins
5. Boston
6. Wild

Of those I only have 3 and 6 on my side at present but tend to play match to match with the outright just a long term interest rather than a serious bet.

Whilst I agree with Racingguru about Canucks slight decline.  They will make the playoffs and when they get there they may just surprise.  Last 2 years they have gone in as President cup winners with expectations (and home town pressure) sky high.  The low key season may temper that expectation and its hockey so who knows (as anyone who saw the Kings lose last night will understand!!)
By:
HARRY22
When: 22 Mar 13 17:44
WOW...montreal ahead of both bruins and penguins

d13....Have bruins,kings,rangers,blues,devils in the outrights  bruins kings and blues the ones currently shorter prices than I took.

Penguins and bruins the two to beat for me.
By:
racingguru
When: 23 Mar 13 00:56
Swardean - don't you get the feeling the Habs are playing all in for the regular season and will have nothing (no extra gears) when playoff time comes?
By:
Swardean
When: 23 Mar 13 09:24
Possibly racngguru, I have caught most of their games the last couple of months.. they win dirty and I like that.  As the Kings showed last year a top keeper counts for so much and Price is playing out of his skin for me.

Interesting Harry, I still rate the West ahead of the East.

Definitely shaping up nicely and I can't wait for the playoffs. now.
By:
drewboy
When: 25 Mar 13 00:04
Seen more of this season than most as a quirk of shift patterns (mostly Eastern games) and cannot see past Boston.  So strong all around and the mentality still in place from a couple of seasons ago.  they just seem to know when to turn it up and for me certainly have the beats of the rest of NE div - feel sure they would be happy to take these on in the playoffs early to get them going.

Still don't think we have seen the best of Chicago but it may be that Minnesota have the best shut-down game in the West.....though LA came up with something really special last year and if they can put it together away from home in coming weeks will be very dangerous.
By:
Swardean
When: 26 Mar 13 19:59
Hi Drewboy, good to see you on the hockey thread this year (if only for the Wine tips!!).  Harry is also very keen on Boston and they do keep churning out the win and seem to have another gear when needed.  Watched them recently against Ottawa, solid if not spectacular was my view but will be a tough matchup for anyone come playoffs.

BTW, was on the phone to Premier Sports today to haggle my subscription.  No problem getting it for £3.99 a month for next 3 months (should see us to the end of the season).  They also threw in free multiple room option so I can have on all my sky boxes for no extra charge. (No long term commitment and can cancel via phone with 30 days notice).
By:
HARRY22
When: 26 Mar 13 20:40
how did you get it that cheap,best I could find was 9.99 for 2 months
By:
Swardean
When: 26 Mar 13 20:52
Just rang them up harry and first guy I spoke to offered me that deal.  I think they are happy to get anything off an extra subscriber if possible Harry
By:
HARRY22
When: 26 Mar 13 21:22
mine ran out yesterday so may ring them tomorrow..get it on for the playoffs
By:
Swardean
When: 27 Mar 13 21:06
A great game in store tonight.  Boston v Montreal.

Boston rightly favourites tonight and have everything in their favour.  They play at home, are properly rested and Habs off the back of a tough game against the Penguins yesterday.   Despite all this I think the Canadians will win this tonight. 

A lot depends on how they react to the 1-0 defeat last night.  The game was in Pittsburgh and the Pens got a hell of beating in their backyard, and somehow came out on top.  Not sure how montreal didnt get at least a point.  I just think they are a better team than Boston and hope the unfair result yesterday will spare them on tonight rather than it depressing then.

Either way should be a cracker and I will get involved at 6/4 on M/L.
By:
HARRY22
When: 28 Mar 13 03:18
wow 5-5  saved by the skin of your teeth swardean
By:
Swardean
When: 28 Mar 13 06:44
A truly great game to watch and as crazy as the Pens-Canadians game earlier in the season.  Atmosphere was amazing in true real huge nhl rivalry.  A fairly even start but with montreal nosing ahead, then as soon as they went 2up Boston strung into life.  Boston are matchup physically for any team but they totally manhandled Canadians in the second.  They looked a foot taller and wider and to me there only looked one winner at that stage.  However Canadians win ugly and great spirit to rally in the 3rd.  And sometimes your luck is just in.  To anyone watching it looked like a game 7 playoff.  2 teams who will be right there at the end.
By:
HARRY22
When: 29 Mar 13 19:59
Saw this game early in season and noticed the massive advantage in size..reckon this will be a factor come playoffs...Them kings are getting stronger week by week Cool
Page 3 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com