Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 124 comments are related to the topic:
Swardean

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 124
By:
Swardean
When: 06 Feb 13 22:05
Some nice matchups tonight.  Harry, your Bruins face a rampant Montreal in a clash of the hot teams in the East.  There is definitely no love lost between these two and a game to savour.

In terms of a bet I was toying with Oilers, who continue to impress me despite 3 straight losses.  All against good teams.  Dallas on the back of a win will look to hit a stretch of form and their head to head record against Edmonton is amazing.  However this is not the same Oilers team.

However, Oilers are without some key players, Hopkins and Horcoff both out which means they will need to switch up their lines tonight.  I still think Oilers win this but just let this one slide.

For those who dont subscribe to premier sports.  Its freeview on sky for a couple of days so check out some hockey.
By:
HARRY22
When: 06 Feb 13 22:10
Nice one swardean...will watch tonight if any live games on
By:
HARRY22
When: 06 Feb 13 22:11
boston v montreal live tonight...will watch it Cool
By:
HARRY22
When: 06 Feb 13 22:12
do you usually play the 60min line or moneyline?
By:
Swardean
When: 06 Feb 13 22:19
M/L harry, but when you go to overtime or shootout I often get out and as a coin toss at that stage.
By:
HARRY22
When: 06 Feb 13 22:22
Not followed the nhl for a full season really...have these overtime rules (point) always been like this or is this new?
By:
Swardean
When: 06 Feb 13 22:26
Always had overtime as far back as I can remember, shootouts are quite new about 5 years old, before that they just had a tie
By:
HARRY22
When: 06 Feb 13 22:26
ever tried backing at 65/1 and the suspend sign beat you to the punch? Cry now trading 1.45 Cry
By:
HARRY22
When: 06 Feb 13 22:27
That is what i was trying to figure out..this one point awarded at 60min.
By:
Swardean
When: 06 Feb 13 22:29
Yes, 1 point each awarded if no winner after 60 mins.  With a further point to the OT/SO victor.
By:
Hayden
When: 06 Feb 13 23:16
One of my fav match-ups of the season this one and always worth a watch , probably the most intense rivalry in the sport and whilst it probably won't produce as much blood as the hatred of a Ducks v Sharks battle for intensity it's awesome , only observation for tonight would be that current form will probably count for nothing as this game is always a great leveller & if the game is level even with a fair amount of time left both teams are likely to flood the neutral and prevent things from happening rather than making things happen as they will both want to protect 1pt from the game and take their chances in OT.

Good luck guys   Happy
By:
HARRY22
When: 07 Feb 13 13:53
Watched this game last night...they mentioned the size of the bruins with the majority over 6ft compared to the size of the canadiens....it was telling early on imo...they were a lot sharper and quicker to get shots off...if it wasnt for rask the bruins could have been in a hold early...I guess the physical side came through in the end.
By:
d13phe
When: 09 Feb 13 23:23
i backed the san jose sharks as a massive newbie to this game

goalkeepers are quite important in NHL aren;t they Plain
By:
HARRY22
When: 10 Feb 13 07:08
GT d13...GT...use the correct language ffs Wink
By:
d13phe
When: 11 Feb 13 15:47
ice hockey seems to be the most random sport going.

favourites seem to get turned over every night.

im enjoying my first foray into it.
By:
HARRY22
When: 11 Feb 13 16:00
Beware of them devils DevilDevil
By:
d13phe
When: 11 Feb 13 22:11
any of the shrewdies around to talk me out of backing the San Jose Sharks tonight?
By:
HARRY22
When: 12 Feb 13 01:18
4 game losing streak
By:
HARRY22
When: 12 Feb 13 01:33
3-1 down...start of a 6 game stretch on the road and only 1 division game.
By:
Hayden
When: 12 Feb 13 01:34
Thomas Greiss covering for Niemi in goal as well
By:
d13phe
When: 12 Feb 13 09:52
lost some cash on this one.

this game is random Plain

will leave it to the pros i think
By:
Hayden
When: 12 Feb 13 13:41
unlucky d13

If you're having a bet always check the starting goalies link and firstly wait for the confirmed status for their No1 GT , secondly dip into a live link just before the start to check nothing untoward's happened in the warm up , should only place bets within 2 mins of puck drop when the roster is fact , if there are any late injury scares it should either be a no bet game or depending on the remaining roster could even be a lay rather than a back , the advantage of dipping into a live link late on was highlighted in the Blues game last night , Halak was injured in the warm up and replaced by the only available GT who happens to be in the middle of a horrific form spell conceding 26 goals in his last 5 starts....they lost 4-1.

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/starting-goalies/

Good luck mate   Happy
By:
HARRY22
When: 12 Feb 13 14:50
D13 dont give up so easily....Lot more thinking to do than the NFL for sure with so many games played in a week..very challenging.
By:
Swardean
When: 13 Feb 13 23:42
Not too many games tonight but I think Flames could be worth a bet.  Dallas come here after 4 straight wins but I have not been that impressed and I feed they will come unstuck very soon.  Its almost must win for the flames already and whilst a team rebuilding I think they get the win with the home crowd behind them.  Kiprusoff an obvious blow but that is more than matched with Bachman coming in for the stars.  Iginla still capable on his day and will get some much needed help from Cammilliari tonight. 

On the outrights, great to see Canucks really powering now, still feel a Roberto trade will happen and a good deal with the returning Kesler makes them likely the team to beat in the West.
By:
d13phe
When: 14 Feb 13 09:20
great call again Swardean
By:
Hayden
When: 14 Feb 13 12:24
Good stuff Swardean    Happy
By:
Hayden
When: 14 Feb 13 13:51
Great to see Cammalleri on form last night as well , always love watching him play & nice to see him producing good numbers   Happy
By:
Swardean
When: 16 Feb 13 02:21
You around Hayden? great game in the the Joe Lewis, nip and tuck.  Wings done really well with their injuries and Ducks have done well coming back from a goal down twice to be in this.  Starting the 3ed could go either way.  Ducks not had a full PP all game and refs may balance it up here.

Vancouver have Kesler back for 1st time tonight and whilst perhaps not too much ice time, massive plus to have him back.
By:
Hayden
When: 16 Feb 13 03:08
Yes great win again for Ducks & that's 4 wins from 5 in this 6 game road trip , Bruce has them playing to their strengths and should make the play-offs if they keep the key players healthy.
Blues transformed since they binned Elliott and looking like the team we know they are , credit to Jake Allen stepping in and performing but the sooner Halak returns healthy the better.

Great to see Kesler back  Happy
By:
d13phe
When: 21 Feb 13 13:43
any thoughts on the outright approaching the end of the first half of the season

Chicago look pretty dominant.
By:
HARRY22
When: 21 Feb 13 22:37
Don't think we will learn much for a while yet in terms of the winner.  Chicago one game off the NHL record,reckon they will get it done having come through a shoot out the other night in a tight game.
By:
Swardean
When: 21 Feb 13 23:40
Even more so than the NFL, the priority is just to make the playoffs and with 16 teams getting there, the season only really starts then, even home advantage isn't too much of a great shake in hockey and with each playoff matchup played over 7 games, I would not be too concerned about seed positions.

Vancouver, Chicago look good to me in the West and for those who aren't into hockey there is a lot of history between these teams!!

And that is it for me, I think the west will win the cup.
By:
Hayden
When: 22 Feb 13 00:14
Agree with the comments made , any record is worth setting but in reality it's an unbeaten run in regulation and the fact is they've still lost 3 games this season , the great standings position is reflected by the fact they've picked up at least 1pt consistently in every game this season.

Play-off hockey is a completely different animal though to the regular season and some players will thrive in that part of the season and others will freeze , the home ice advantage is fairly irrelevant depending on the team involved , it only matters if the series gets to 3-3 anyway and even then some teams feel they've a better chance on the road away from the pressure cooker , Devils probably a good example with their great possession game and if i'd backed them for the cup and it went to a decider i'd prefer them on the road.

Presidents Trophy winners is a great achievement but quickly forgotten when the play-offs get underway and only one PT winner in the last 10 years has gone on to lift the Stanley Cup itself & 3 of the last 4 PT winners have actually gone out in the play-offs opening round.

If i'd a choice between PT winners and the No1 seed that goes with it or the 8th seed with a guarantee my GT would bring his A game to the ice i'd go for the latter every time , not knocking Hawks as they've performed brilliantly so far but not exactly dominant with Ducks only 4 pts behind with a game in hand , only 16 games or one third of the regular season gone so wouldn't be taking any short prices based on standings at this early stage of the season but that said can Chicago win the cup ?.....of course they can.

Good luck guys   Happy
By:
Swardean
When: 22 Feb 13 00:37
Fair sized bet for me tonight on Vancouver, on paper it says they have lost the last 3 but 2 of these have been shootouts and inclusing an away at Chicago.  Indeed one of those losses was against tonights opponents the stars.  Rest assures, Canucks threw this game away, whether it was the euphoria of Sedin points or just complacency.  Canucks are a far better team.  Scheider was blamed in some quarters and whilst I prefer Roberto away from home, he will be keen to amends tonight.

Price not great but I am happy to take ave 1.70 odds on ML.  GL.
By:
Hayden
When: 22 Feb 13 12:58
Top call yet again Swardean , this is becoming a habit  Happy
By:
Swardean
When: 22 Feb 13 23:31
Need to keep winning on the to cover the soccer losses HaydenCrazy

They made hard work of it and going behind after 30 seconds didnt help but they are a great 3rd period team and were the best in the league last year.  Not much jumping out tonight but a great game in Chicago to look forward to.  Plenty to go at tomorrow.
By:
HARRY22
When: 23 Feb 13 00:13
Swardean I never knew you bet on the soccer or I would of given you an 11/1 winner on the soccer last week Cool
By:
Swardean
When: 23 Feb 13 00:34
I try occasionally Harry but my P&L tells me I am useless, and I actually aint that excited by too many games, so dont know why I bother. 

11/1 winner would have been welcome Harry... nice one, assume some sort of multiple.
By:
HARRY22
When: 23 Feb 13 00:37
Agree I am very selective and hardly bet on football but the odd bet comes up on the football which isn't going to bust the bankroll...Rubin Kazan 11/1 Shocked
By:
HARRY22
When: 23 Feb 13 00:37
Just a single swardean
Page 2 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo