Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Hayden
06 Jan 13 15:52
| Topic/replies: 8,247 | Blogger: Hayden's blog
Just dusted down the spreadsheets & trading tools as it looks like we have a season starting in a week or so  Love

Just need to send a search party to Russia now to round up all the players    Laugh
Show More
Report Swardean February 1, 2013 5:56 AM GMT
Wow, what a fantastic defensive performance from the oilers tonight.  Just going to OT and well worth their point.  Managed to keep the NHL's number 1 offence quiet and completely stopped their red hot PP.  SJ goals both came from turnovers.  Coin toss now
Report HARRY22 February 1, 2013 6:47 AM GMT
Backed the islanders last night...st louis win again comfortably...what happened to boston Crazy
Report Hayden February 1, 2013 12:17 PM GMT
Not sure too much happened to Boston Harry tbh , Thomas Vanek is always capable of a 5 pt game and although silly to talk about a one man team he's probably the closest to it in the entire game on a going day , divisional games when top plays bottom can/will produce quirky results & are a great leveller early in the season in particular , as we chatted about the other night though Harry the biggest long term concern for me is the GT & think Rask was a good understudy for Thomas before he went awol but he's now No1 with unproven cover and that could be a worry plus & he's their 6th biggest wage bill of $3.5 million this season so needs a good one , we know how good Ryan Miller is but the 13 more saves than Rask last night showed the class gap but the thing in Bruins favour as always is that they look to be in a favourable division so should really grab 3rd seed at worst in the play-offs.
Report Swardean February 2, 2013 10:43 AM GMT
The Penguins v Capitals game on Sunday has now become a perennial fixture ahead of the superbowl.  Typically these teams have been challenging however it has been a slow start for each and both would like to get some momentum quickly. 

I am very strong on the Penguins for this game, and this is based on how poor Washington are playing presently.  They just seem so disjointed.  Ovechkin doesn't seem to be motivated this year and their offence lines look weak with the loss of Semin over the summer.  Backstrom looks to be holding the fort but without the support they really do not look to be clicking.

The Capitals win last night for me was just papering over the cracks and I have seen 5/6 for the Penguins and I will be steaming into this. Washington do get an extra days rest and are plying at home but that will not matter.  Crosby Malkin and co will be so up for this.  I am even tempted to back them to win in regulation (a bet I never normally do) however M/L looks best.

Cant wait for Sunday and this is a lovely starter before the main course!
Report Hayden February 2, 2013 5:11 PM GMT
Always a game to look forward to Swardean , we chatted a lot about the advantage of being on the road for the lunch time starts so i'd prefer to support them in Washington than the Energy Centre at better odds , whatever the scoreline in the game against Devils starting in an hour shouldn't put you off your bet tomorrow for that reason alone.

Good luck mate  Happy
Report Swardean February 2, 2013 6:18 PM GMT
No danger of that Hayden, indeed a loss tonight may provide me better odds tomorrow.  7 home wins out of 7 yesterday
Report Hayden February 2, 2013 8:28 PM GMT
5/6 still available on moneyline but gone by puck drop you'd think   Happy
Report Hayden February 3, 2013 8:09 PM GMT
Magnificent game and a fantastic result   Happy

Happy  Swardean   Happy
Report HARRY22 February 3, 2013 8:12 PM GMT
What price did penguins go off?
Report Hayden February 3, 2013 8:17 PM GMT
Mostly 8/11 Harry but didn't look late on , around 1.78 on here
Report HARRY22 February 3, 2013 8:25 PM GMT
I know swardean mentioned them at 5/6 and you both didnt expect them to go off 5/6..are they looking the worthy favs?
Report Hayden February 3, 2013 8:30 PM GMT
You mean to lift the cup ?
Report HARRY22 February 3, 2013 8:45 PM GMT
Yep
Report Hayden February 3, 2013 8:51 PM GMT
Think they're always worthy favs every year because of the " been there done it " factor and the fact they've got arguably two of the best handful of players on the planet in Crosby & Malkin , problem is they feed so well off each other when one is sidelined they look lacking but when both are healthy they look world beaters , from a punting perspective and that said Pens are a team i couldn't get involved with in single digits but can they lift the trophy......too right they can.
Report HARRY22 February 3, 2013 8:59 PM GMT
Well as i said the other night i am putting a book together and dont really see much point getting the penguins on side yet.
Report Swardean February 6, 2013 10:05 PM GMT
Some nice matchups tonight.  Harry, your Bruins face a rampant Montreal in a clash of the hot teams in the East.  There is definitely no love lost between these two and a game to savour.

In terms of a bet I was toying with Oilers, who continue to impress me despite 3 straight losses.  All against good teams.  Dallas on the back of a win will look to hit a stretch of form and their head to head record against Edmonton is amazing.  However this is not the same Oilers team.

However, Oilers are without some key players, Hopkins and Horcoff both out which means they will need to switch up their lines tonight.  I still think Oilers win this but just let this one slide.

For those who dont subscribe to premier sports.  Its freeview on sky for a couple of days so check out some hockey.
Report HARRY22 February 6, 2013 10:10 PM GMT
Nice one swardean...will watch tonight if any live games on
Report HARRY22 February 6, 2013 10:11 PM GMT
boston v montreal live tonight...will watch it Cool
Report HARRY22 February 6, 2013 10:12 PM GMT
do you usually play the 60min line or moneyline?
Report Swardean February 6, 2013 10:19 PM GMT
M/L harry, but when you go to overtime or shootout I often get out and as a coin toss at that stage.
Report HARRY22 February 6, 2013 10:22 PM GMT
Not followed the nhl for a full season really...have these overtime rules (point) always been like this or is this new?
Report Swardean February 6, 2013 10:26 PM GMT
Always had overtime as far back as I can remember, shootouts are quite new about 5 years old, before that they just had a tie
Report HARRY22 February 6, 2013 10:26 PM GMT
ever tried backing at 65/1 and the suspend sign beat you to the punch? Cry now trading 1.45 Cry
Report HARRY22 February 6, 2013 10:27 PM GMT
That is what i was trying to figure out..this one point awarded at 60min.
Report Swardean February 6, 2013 10:29 PM GMT
Yes, 1 point each awarded if no winner after 60 mins.  With a further point to the OT/SO victor.
Report Hayden February 6, 2013 11:16 PM GMT
One of my fav match-ups of the season this one and always worth a watch , probably the most intense rivalry in the sport and whilst it probably won't produce as much blood as the hatred of a Ducks v Sharks battle for intensity it's awesome , only observation for tonight would be that current form will probably count for nothing as this game is always a great leveller & if the game is level even with a fair amount of time left both teams are likely to flood the neutral and prevent things from happening rather than making things happen as they will both want to protect 1pt from the game and take their chances in OT.

Good luck guys   Happy
Report HARRY22 February 7, 2013 1:53 PM GMT
Watched this game last night...they mentioned the size of the bruins with the majority over 6ft compared to the size of the canadiens....it was telling early on imo...they were a lot sharper and quicker to get shots off...if it wasnt for rask the bruins could have been in a hold early...I guess the physical side came through in the end.
Report d13phe February 9, 2013 11:23 PM GMT
i backed the san jose sharks as a massive newbie to this game

goalkeepers are quite important in NHL aren;t they Plain
Report HARRY22 February 10, 2013 7:08 AM GMT
GT d13...GT...use the correct language ffs Wink
Report d13phe February 11, 2013 3:47 PM GMT
ice hockey seems to be the most random sport going.

favourites seem to get turned over every night.

im enjoying my first foray into it.
Report HARRY22 February 11, 2013 4:00 PM GMT
Beware of them devils DevilDevil
Report d13phe February 11, 2013 10:11 PM GMT
any of the shrewdies around to talk me out of backing the San Jose Sharks tonight?
Report HARRY22 February 12, 2013 1:18 AM GMT
4 game losing streak
Report HARRY22 February 12, 2013 1:33 AM GMT
3-1 down...start of a 6 game stretch on the road and only 1 division game.
Report Hayden February 12, 2013 1:34 AM GMT
Thomas Greiss covering for Niemi in goal as well
Report d13phe February 12, 2013 9:52 AM GMT
lost some cash on this one.

this game is random Plain

will leave it to the pros i think
Report Hayden February 12, 2013 1:41 PM GMT
unlucky d13

If you're having a bet always check the starting goalies link and firstly wait for the confirmed status for their No1 GT , secondly dip into a live link just before the start to check nothing untoward's happened in the warm up , should only place bets within 2 mins of puck drop when the roster is fact , if there are any late injury scares it should either be a no bet game or depending on the remaining roster could even be a lay rather than a back , the advantage of dipping into a live link late on was highlighted in the Blues game last night , Halak was injured in the warm up and replaced by the only available GT who happens to be in the middle of a horrific form spell conceding 26 goals in his last 5 starts....they lost 4-1.

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/starting-goalies/

Good luck mate   Happy
Report HARRY22 February 12, 2013 2:50 PM GMT
D13 dont give up so easily....Lot more thinking to do than the NFL for sure with so many games played in a week..very challenging.
Report Swardean February 13, 2013 11:42 PM GMT
Not too many games tonight but I think Flames could be worth a bet.  Dallas come here after 4 straight wins but I have not been that impressed and I feed they will come unstuck very soon.  Its almost must win for the flames already and whilst a team rebuilding I think they get the win with the home crowd behind them.  Kiprusoff an obvious blow but that is more than matched with Bachman coming in for the stars.  Iginla still capable on his day and will get some much needed help from Cammilliari tonight. 

On the outrights, great to see Canucks really powering now, still feel a Roberto trade will happen and a good deal with the returning Kesler makes them likely the team to beat in the West.
Report d13phe February 14, 2013 9:20 AM GMT
great call again Swardean
Report Hayden February 14, 2013 12:24 PM GMT
Good stuff Swardean    Happy
Report Hayden February 14, 2013 1:51 PM GMT
Great to see Cammalleri on form last night as well , always love watching him play & nice to see him producing good numbers   Happy
Report Swardean February 16, 2013 2:21 AM GMT
You around Hayden? great game in the the Joe Lewis, nip and tuck.  Wings done really well with their injuries and Ducks have done well coming back from a goal down twice to be in this.  Starting the 3ed could go either way.  Ducks not had a full PP all game and refs may balance it up here.

Vancouver have Kesler back for 1st time tonight and whilst perhaps not too much ice time, massive plus to have him back.
Report Hayden February 16, 2013 3:08 AM GMT
Yes great win again for Ducks & that's 4 wins from 5 in this 6 game road trip , Bruce has them playing to their strengths and should make the play-offs if they keep the key players healthy.
Blues transformed since they binned Elliott and looking like the team we know they are , credit to Jake Allen stepping in and performing but the sooner Halak returns healthy the better.

Great to see Kesler back  Happy
Report d13phe February 21, 2013 1:43 PM GMT
any thoughts on the outright approaching the end of the first half of the season

Chicago look pretty dominant.
Report HARRY22 February 21, 2013 10:37 PM GMT
Don't think we will learn much for a while yet in terms of the winner.  Chicago one game off the NHL record,reckon they will get it done having come through a shoot out the other night in a tight game.
Report Swardean February 21, 2013 11:40 PM GMT
Even more so than the NFL, the priority is just to make the playoffs and with 16 teams getting there, the season only really starts then, even home advantage isn't too much of a great shake in hockey and with each playoff matchup played over 7 games, I would not be too concerned about seed positions.

Vancouver, Chicago look good to me in the West and for those who aren't into hockey there is a lot of history between these teams!!

And that is it for me, I think the west will win the cup.
Report Hayden February 22, 2013 12:14 AM GMT
Agree with the comments made , any record is worth setting but in reality it's an unbeaten run in regulation and the fact is they've still lost 3 games this season , the great standings position is reflected by the fact they've picked up at least 1pt consistently in every game this season.

Play-off hockey is a completely different animal though to the regular season and some players will thrive in that part of the season and others will freeze , the home ice advantage is fairly irrelevant depending on the team involved , it only matters if the series gets to 3-3 anyway and even then some teams feel they've a better chance on the road away from the pressure cooker , Devils probably a good example with their great possession game and if i'd backed them for the cup and it went to a decider i'd prefer them on the road.

Presidents Trophy winners is a great achievement but quickly forgotten when the play-offs get underway and only one PT winner in the last 10 years has gone on to lift the Stanley Cup itself & 3 of the last 4 PT winners have actually gone out in the play-offs opening round.

If i'd a choice between PT winners and the No1 seed that goes with it or the 8th seed with a guarantee my GT would bring his A game to the ice i'd go for the latter every time , not knocking Hawks as they've performed brilliantly so far but not exactly dominant with Ducks only 4 pts behind with a game in hand , only 16 games or one third of the regular season gone so wouldn't be taking any short prices based on standings at this early stage of the season but that said can Chicago win the cup ?.....of course they can.

Good luck guys   Happy
Report Swardean February 22, 2013 12:37 AM GMT
Fair sized bet for me tonight on Vancouver, on paper it says they have lost the last 3 but 2 of these have been shootouts and inclusing an away at Chicago.  Indeed one of those losses was against tonights opponents the stars.  Rest assures, Canucks threw this game away, whether it was the euphoria of Sedin points or just complacency.  Canucks are a far better team.  Scheider was blamed in some quarters and whilst I prefer Roberto away from home, he will be keen to amends tonight.

Price not great but I am happy to take ave 1.70 odds on ML.  GL.
Report Hayden February 22, 2013 12:58 PM GMT
Top call yet again Swardean , this is becoming a habit  Happy
Report Swardean February 22, 2013 11:31 PM GMT
Need to keep winning on the to cover the soccer losses HaydenCrazy

They made hard work of it and going behind after 30 seconds didnt help but they are a great 3rd period team and were the best in the league last year.  Not much jumping out tonight but a great game in Chicago to look forward to.  Plenty to go at tomorrow.
Report HARRY22 February 23, 2013 12:13 AM GMT
Swardean I never knew you bet on the soccer or I would of given you an 11/1 winner on the soccer last week Cool
Report Swardean February 23, 2013 12:34 AM GMT
I try occasionally Harry but my P&L tells me I am useless, and I actually aint that excited by too many games, so dont know why I bother. 

11/1 winner would have been welcome Harry... nice one, assume some sort of multiple.
Report HARRY22 February 23, 2013 12:37 AM GMT
Agree I am very selective and hardly bet on football but the odd bet comes up on the football which isn't going to bust the bankroll...Rubin Kazan 11/1 Shocked
Report HARRY22 February 23, 2013 12:37 AM GMT
Just a single swardean
Report HARRY22 February 23, 2013 12:41 AM GMT
Are you watching the vancouver game tonight?
Report Swardean February 23, 2013 12:46 AM GMT
Yes, but tonight the Sharks/Blackhawks should be a crackers so I will be switching between games.  I have a sneaky feeling the Chicago run ends tonight.
Report Swardean February 23, 2013 12:47 AM GMT
Well on the the Ruskies btw
Report HARRY22 February 23, 2013 12:52 AM GMT
OT win again for chicago
Report Swardean February 23, 2013 12:58 AM GMT
Wouldnt be a surprise but San Jose come here rested and have a score to settle, also Niemi playing great in goal.  Will be close IMO and I certainly wouldnt be backing hawks at odds on
Report HARRY22 February 23, 2013 6:46 AM GMT
Hawks  get it done...some record...I bet they end up losing the next game...come down from a high.
Report Swardean February 23, 2013 12:51 PM GMT
Yes they keep churning out the wins in some really close games.  Good to see Vancouver keeping pace
Report HARRY22 February 23, 2013 1:30 PM GMT
Vancouver going very well indeed, were you a hockey fan before you went out to Vancouver to work?
Report Swardean February 23, 2013 11:18 PM GMT
No harry, I had been to a couple of games at MSG when visiting NY with the other half which we enjoyed but didnt really follow it.  Guarantee a couple of weeks in Canada and you can't help get drawn in.  Fans live for it there, Vancouver always a sell out and most players say the atmosphere generated is one of the best
Report spellingandgrammarchecker February 24, 2013 12:17 AM GMT
test
Report HARRY22 February 25, 2013 2:47 PM GMT
Vancouver took a beating last night Shocked
Report Swardean February 25, 2013 6:14 PM GMT
Its a strange sport and you cant read anything into any individual games.  Even the worse teams in the league still win 33% of their games.  So with these volatile match ups you need to try and find the games when team are really targeting a win.   Obviously over a season these blips are ironed out and the cream does rise to the top.

Last night 4th away game in 5 days over 6500 km travelled.  Still a good team... but detroit are never a bad lot either
Report HARRY22 February 25, 2013 8:32 PM GMT
Yes I am beginning to see more of these kind or results...any idea how many of the playoff games this premier sports will be showing? if it is just the odd game I wont bother subscribing
Report Swardean February 25, 2013 9:12 PM GMT
Typically show 2 games per day if schedule allows in early stages and as the teams swindle they will show pretty much every game.

Good VFM is you stay up a few nights or sky+ to watch the day after.  If not you can get reasonable free streams for every game.

You starting to enjoy it harry?
Report HARRY22 February 25, 2013 11:05 PM GMT
Ok, will subscribe when it comes to playoffs then, yes I have seen a few games on the streams, but to be honest I am sick of staring at laptop watching games with poor picture quality, not getting the use out of this flat screen tv,cant beat sports in HD Grin,...Yes I do like the ice hockey, just stopped watching it due to the long season and so many games so lost touch, used to follow the redwings years ago when they had federov,that was years ago.
Report Swardean March 2, 2013 5:42 AM GMT
Really enjoyed the games tonight and Wild very unlucky not to get anything.   Still rate this team with Parese, Sutor, Setagchi and Heatley and  Kovu they have a great 1st and 2nd line and if they get to the playoffs they will be contenders.

Anyway Ducks travel to divisional rivals the Coyotes tomorrow and Phoenix will be so up for this, I am backing at 5/6 on money line.

Biggest bet of the season tomorrow goes on the Canadians against the Pens.  They were so dominate against a decent leafs team on Weds and always like Montreal at home on weekend games, crowd so up for it.  Taken the 5/6 so fingers crossed for me.
Report HARRY22 March 2, 2013 5:16 PM GMT
Good luck swardean, looking forward to the playoffs...my teams are assembled and just hope they all make it Cool Chicago still unbeaten,
Report HARRY22 March 2, 2013 5:40 PM GMT
Do you fancy your team vancouver to beat the Kings tonight? Kings finally getting it together again,5 on the spin,would happily take a point before a 5 game run at home.
Report HARRY22 March 3, 2013 2:42 AM GMT
you picked a hell of a game to get involved in with montreal  6-6
Report Swardean March 3, 2013 11:17 AM GMT
Morning Harry, agreed what a game although bit disappointed to come out losing.  Picked a game when Carey Price had a nightmare, can't remember him ever letting seven in.  Even with that, still managed to take it to overtime.  Also had plenty of opportunity to get out with a profit or just level and didnt take it.  Two decent teams and with Boston the best in the East.

Some consolation with Phoenix beating the Ducks but my stake on Canadians was 5 times higher.

Still a great night viewing though as doesnt more intense than that outside of the playoffs
Report HARRY22 March 3, 2013 2:09 PM GMT
Good afternoon...I saw the ducks result...Was thinking you had been done twice when you said you had phoenix on the moneyline???  Two of your picks going to OT.  Montreal wont get the support money wise in the playoffs, boston looks strong though.  Pleased the ducks didn't pick up full pts in regulation with the kings losing, hoping they can stay in touch and get even closer with this 5 game run at home.
Report Swardean March 3, 2013 2:51 PM GMT
Ducks were outplayed and were lucky to get a point however, on the Moneyline you collect even with a SO or OT win, so despite the nervous end, I at least got one winner.
Report HARRY22 March 3, 2013 3:03 PM GMT
'wake up'  of course, don't know what I thought that as I have been placing bets of late on the 60 min markets, not many mind..dangerous game. one of the bookies had LA kings just short of 4/1 1-0 down but kings had 5on3..well that is what it said on the website, when I saw the highlights the following day it didnt show any 5on3 situation so got lucky with that one Grin
Report d13phe March 19, 2013 8:27 AM GMT
Minnesota and St Louis in some decent form.

Looks like Chicago still the team to beat though
Report HARRY22 March 22, 2013 2:16 AM GMT
I have 4 teams ahead of them but I am biased Grin
Report d13phe March 22, 2013 9:13 AM GMT
who are you rooting for Harry?
Report racingguru March 22, 2013 9:56 AM GMT
AS a Nucks fan - we win nothing this year - might sneak in to playoffs - may even win the NW but we are a team in decline. Sedins getting slow, Kessler living on past glories of one season and now seems injury prone and a D that is overrated.

1st round exit again.

on the plus side Hansen and Raymond are playing great.
Report Swardean March 22, 2013 12:05 PM GMT
My Mid-season Power Ranks (based on nothing other than my view):-

1. Ducks
2. Chicago
3. Montreal
4. Penguins
5. Boston
6. Wild

Of those I only have 3 and 6 on my side at present but tend to play match to match with the outright just a long term interest rather than a serious bet.

Whilst I agree with Racingguru about Canucks slight decline.  They will make the playoffs and when they get there they may just surprise.  Last 2 years they have gone in as President cup winners with expectations (and home town pressure) sky high.  The low key season may temper that expectation and its hockey so who knows (as anyone who saw the Kings lose last night will understand!!)
Report HARRY22 March 22, 2013 4:44 PM GMT
WOW...montreal ahead of both bruins and penguins

d13....Have bruins,kings,rangers,blues,devils in the outrights  bruins kings and blues the ones currently shorter prices than I took.

Penguins and bruins the two to beat for me.
Report racingguru March 22, 2013 11:56 PM GMT
Swardean - don't you get the feeling the Habs are playing all in for the regular season and will have nothing (no extra gears) when playoff time comes?
Report Swardean March 23, 2013 8:24 AM GMT
Possibly racngguru, I have caught most of their games the last couple of months.. they win dirty and I like that.  As the Kings showed last year a top keeper counts for so much and Price is playing out of his skin for me.

Interesting Harry, I still rate the West ahead of the East.

Definitely shaping up nicely and I can't wait for the playoffs. now.
Report drewboy March 24, 2013 11:04 PM GMT
Seen more of this season than most as a quirk of shift patterns (mostly Eastern games) and cannot see past Boston.  So strong all around and the mentality still in place from a couple of seasons ago.  they just seem to know when to turn it up and for me certainly have the beats of the rest of NE div - feel sure they would be happy to take these on in the playoffs early to get them going.

Still don't think we have seen the best of Chicago but it may be that Minnesota have the best shut-down game in the West.....though LA came up with something really special last year and if they can put it together away from home in coming weeks will be very dangerous.
Report Swardean March 26, 2013 6:59 PM GMT
Hi Drewboy, good to see you on the hockey thread this year (if only for the Wine tips!!).  Harry is also very keen on Boston and they do keep churning out the win and seem to have another gear when needed.  Watched them recently against Ottawa, solid if not spectacular was my view but will be a tough matchup for anyone come playoffs.

BTW, was on the phone to Premier Sports today to haggle my subscription.  No problem getting it for £3.99 a month for next 3 months (should see us to the end of the season).  They also threw in free multiple room option so I can have on all my sky boxes for no extra charge. (No long term commitment and can cancel via phone with 30 days notice).
Report HARRY22 March 26, 2013 7:40 PM GMT
how did you get it that cheap,best I could find was 9.99 for 2 months
Report Swardean March 26, 2013 7:52 PM GMT
Just rang them up harry and first guy I spoke to offered me that deal.  I think they are happy to get anything off an extra subscriber if possible Harry
Report HARRY22 March 26, 2013 8:22 PM GMT
mine ran out yesterday so may ring them tomorrow..get it on for the playoffs
Report Swardean March 27, 2013 8:06 PM GMT
A great game in store tonight.  Boston v Montreal.

Boston rightly favourites tonight and have everything in their favour.  They play at home, are properly rested and Habs off the back of a tough game against the Penguins yesterday.   Despite all this I think the Canadians will win this tonight. 

A lot depends on how they react to the 1-0 defeat last night.  The game was in Pittsburgh and the Pens got a hell of beating in their backyard, and somehow came out on top.  Not sure how montreal didnt get at least a point.  I just think they are a better team than Boston and hope the unfair result yesterday will spare them on tonight rather than it depressing then.

Either way should be a cracker and I will get involved at 6/4 on M/L.
Report HARRY22 March 28, 2013 2:18 AM GMT
wow 5-5  saved by the skin of your teeth swardean
Report Swardean March 28, 2013 5:44 AM GMT
A truly great game to watch and as crazy as the Pens-Canadians game earlier in the season.  Atmosphere was amazing in true real huge nhl rivalry.  A fairly even start but with montreal nosing ahead, then as soon as they went 2up Boston strung into life.  Boston are matchup physically for any team but they totally manhandled Canadians in the second.  They looked a foot taller and wider and to me there only looked one winner at that stage.  However Canadians win ugly and great spirit to rally in the 3rd.  And sometimes your luck is just in.  To anyone watching it looked like a game 7 playoff.  2 teams who will be right there at the end.
Report HARRY22 March 29, 2013 6:59 PM GMT
Saw this game early in season and noticed the massive advantage in size..reckon this will be a factor come playoffs...Them kings are getting stronger week by week Cool
Report racingguru March 30, 2013 12:47 PM GMT
Don't watch many teams full games except for the Canucks especially the east but from what I've on the west Wild, Kings, Blackhawks and Sharks in that order for me.
Report HARRY22 March 30, 2013 3:45 PM GMT
For me the kings will be the team to beat in the western conference come playoffs...toss up between penguins and bruins in the east. cant believe how short the penguins are
Report Swardean March 30, 2013 4:40 PM GMT
Penguins have signed Jarome Iginla from Flames this week, he may start tonight.  He is a top forward with a physical presence who will get a stack of points for them.
Report racingguru March 31, 2013 8:37 AM BST
Pens are certainly stacked up front and are rightfully fav as the East will have an advantage this year with the compressed schedule and their relative little travel compared to the west teams. The eastern team in the final should be a lot fresher come the final than the team in the west who will probably have had to go through a few wars and far more travel to get there.

Working on that premise I'd put a decent bet on Bruins to win it all, Rangers as my long shot and Pens just cover my stakes. Anyway thats my theory and I'm sticking to it. ExcitedWink
Report drewboy April 2, 2013 10:19 PM BST
Haha Swardean - will be enjoying a few glasses and hockey galore tonight - will only have hockey for following 4 nights as back at work.  Has been a busy week or so - I think Penguins will need a while to totally get over Crosby injury and I'm not sure about Iginla trade.  Pens may suffer from egos already more than Boston appear to, but time will tell.  Pens took a long time to get control against Isles the other night (and were out-played by same opposition at Nassau the week before) and I reckon come the playoffs the pressure will be squarely on them.  They may find it tough against perhaps Isles (hopefully) or Winnipeg/Carolina who will play with a bit of abandon - that could upset them.  For once I seem to have built a decent portfolio as the season has gone on.  Have Isles and Oilers at treble figure prices and hopefully one of them can sneak in as well as nice prices about Boston/Chicago/LA. 

Totally agree with RG re the freshness of Eastern teams.  Its born out by the home/away results east/west.  As the traipse is so vast for the western teams they tend to do much better at home, for the eastern teams its less of an issue.  Will be looking for stick-out prices about the draw in the coming weeks.  Can see a lot of games played under the fear of losing between teams near the cut-off line in coming weeks - Hills in particular have been very friendly in recent weeks where the surprising CBJs have been concerned.

You may not read this in time Swardean but the peruvian team have looked quite stylish in the Copa this year and cannot see them losing at home to poor Columbian opposition - a decent warm up for tonights main events.....Go Isles
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com