Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Hayden
06 Jan 13 15:52
| Topic/replies: 8,258 | Blogger: Hayden's blog
Just dusted down the spreadsheets & trading tools as it looks like we have a season starting in a week or so  Love

Just need to send a search party to Russia now to round up all the players    Laugh

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 124
By:
Swardean
When: 06 Jan 13 16:07
Hi Hayden,
Was reading some twitter feeds last night before NFL and saw something about it but glossed over it.  Just seen you post and looked at Vancouver Sun site and read all about.
48 game season should be great!
Just when I was thinking I could get a full weeks sleep once the NFL is over Laugh
By:
Swardean
When: 09 Jan 13 11:32
Minnesota and Edmonton are the teams to watch IMO.  Pity they are in the same division as Canucks.  Really is a group of death!
By:
Hayden
When: 09 Jan 13 12:50
I've stuck the horse racing & tennis on auto trade this week so as to spend the next week or so on the NHL position , lots to consider.
By:
HARRY22
When: 09 Jan 13 16:16
well get yourself sorted and then pass on the top classified info my way Grin
By:
Hayden
When: 20 Jan 13 14:17
Yes Swardean Wild are fairly certain to improve this year & the Northwest division will be tough for sure , difficult season to predict the eventual winners but for me Blues were always on the short list to go all the way either this season or next & at 20/1 were an obvious early play for a team i'd expect to play the full 60 mins out far better with another year under their belts & probably qualify for the play-offs as divisional winners , also played Lightning at a big looking 50/1 , they've plugged the holes wisely for this season , think the shortened season will suit & with some divisional rivals looking to be in transition Lightning look to be a team that can transcend from brittle pretenders to a team that can go very deep into the play-offs providing they can keep Stamkos healthy.

Can't remember a season with some many key players going into the season with big unsustainable numbers so there's plenty of teams that can't possibly hit the same heights as last season , some of the bigger names could well be in transition this season and will be looking to swerve them in the appropriate statement games but Pens are the enigma with Crosby & Malkin healthy but with the Fleury situation makes them a threat but too short at the price for me , Kings were fantastic last season but the JQ numbers are sure to drop and they're likely to find that this is the hardest trophy in world sport to retain , like Bruins did last season.

It's that speculative time of the season again when the fancies are big prices and worth a punt but the real investments will be after working out all the " route to succeed " intentions for each team & hitting the targeted games hardest of all , remember Dallas playing 5 road games in 8 days last season in 5 different cities with 4 different time zones....a timely reminder that this sport is all about targeting the games required to enhance your play-off position , if a team gave 100% in every game they'd finish bottom of the division and the entire roster would be exhausted by April even in a 48 game regulation.

Good luck mate & keep in touch   Happy
By:
Swardean
When: 20 Jan 13 18:59
Great minds, St Louis look to be in the mix and I posted the below last week.  Perhaps you should do us the favour of an Official NHL 2013 thread Hayden?

Swardean 13 Jan 13 23:50

Always back Vancouver but very tough division and Edmonton are a team who I think will dominate the division within the next few years.  Young, hungry and a number of great drafts.  Blues also a serious team this year.

So start my book.  With Van, Minn, Edm and STL on side.
By:
Hayden
When: 20 Jan 13 19:57
Crikey Swardean didn't see that post & must have been hidden on a live NFL thread somewhere that i didn't read , just sticking with the above two in the outright book and concentrating solely on the appropriate regulation games over the next few months.

Good luck mate  Happy
By:
Swardean
When: 26 Jan 13 03:08
Reasonable start by our teams Hayden, and despite loss tonight I think the Wild will still go well this year.  First game bet for me tonight.  Even without Kesler I think Van put their goalkeeping fiasco behind them tonight and win on M/L at a tasty Even money.
By:
d13phe
When: 26 Jan 13 11:03
great shout swardean

think this might be a thread to follow Grin
By:
Hayden
When: 26 Jan 13 12:08
Cracking win that Swardean against a team playing well , yes decent starts all round mate & pleased with my two with Blues looking very solid and Lightning scoring for fun despite very early days.

Good luck tonight  Happy
By:
HARRY22
When: 26 Jan 13 12:18
What was the best price you have seen on the Lightning to win the division pre season?
By:
Hayden
When: 26 Jan 13 14:18
5/1 available pre-season Harry but 4/1 at midnight last night
By:
HARRY22
When: 26 Jan 13 14:41
Cheers...They have come in another point on the back of putting 6 past a team 8/1 to win the north east divisionConfused
By:
HARRY22
When: 26 Jan 13 14:42
3/1 now
By:
Hayden
When: 26 Jan 13 15:41
Don't think that's entirely the case tbh , bookmakers tend to leave all books open during the early season and look at possible updates every week or so , most times only in reaction to bets placed & the price change is more likely due to the combination of winning last night & Tuesdays 4-1 win in Carolina who they still have as divisional favs.
By:
Swardean
When: 30 Jan 13 23:01
Some great games tonight. Canucks own the Avs and should win but not going to get rich at 8/15. I like the wild to turnover the unbeaton chicago and think they are a bet at 6/5
By:
Hayden
When: 31 Jan 13 03:54
Good call mate , watched it all & good contest   Happy
By:
Swardean
When: 31 Jan 13 10:14
Yes Van won easy and I've had enough reversals in OT/SO to enjoy one when it goes your way.  Watched it as well and I think two decent teams.  Interesting to see if hawks have a dip now or can get back on track.

Are in the inrunning lays still going well Hayden, you could have had 2 on Canucks this year from a 2-0 positions!
By:
Hayden
When: 31 Jan 13 12:08
Just sticking to what works for me mate tbh , lots more pre-match bets these days based on the old criteria we chatted about on the old thread.

Cracking schedule tonight   Happy
By:
Swardean
When: 31 Jan 13 17:14
Yes, the rangers/penguins game should be great
By:
HARRY22
When: 31 Jan 13 17:17
Your canucks started the season well...who was the other team you mentioned the other week during seattle game?
By:
Swardean
When: 31 Jan 13 20:26
Hi Harry, bet you are looking forward to big on Sunday.  Can't wait and I don'd even have anything riding on it yet.

Taken from the thread you where taking about:=

Always back Vancouver but very tough division and Edmonton are a team who I think will dominate the division within the next few years.  Young, hungry and a number of great drafts.  Blues also a serious team this year.

So start my book.  With Van, Minn, Edm and STL on side.

Good start by all of them, but with Van, Min and Edm in the same division they could cut each others throats.
By:
HARRY22
When: 31 Jan 13 20:43
I have taken st louis after both of you talking them up and added boston yesterday....Look like they will contend again...had a taste of it 2 years ago so it was always going to be tough doing it all again last year.
By:
Swardean
When: 31 Jan 13 22:17
Sure to get a decent run from the Bruins, however I do not speak about their 2011 stanley cup final win...  And I am not joking.
By:
Swardean
When: 01 Feb 13 05:56
Wow, what a fantastic defensive performance from the oilers tonight.  Just going to OT and well worth their point.  Managed to keep the NHL's number 1 offence quiet and completely stopped their red hot PP.  SJ goals both came from turnovers.  Coin toss now
By:
HARRY22
When: 01 Feb 13 06:47
Backed the islanders last night...st louis win again comfortably...what happened to boston Crazy
By:
Hayden
When: 01 Feb 13 12:17
Not sure too much happened to Boston Harry tbh , Thomas Vanek is always capable of a 5 pt game and although silly to talk about a one man team he's probably the closest to it in the entire game on a going day , divisional games when top plays bottom can/will produce quirky results & are a great leveller early in the season in particular , as we chatted about the other night though Harry the biggest long term concern for me is the GT & think Rask was a good understudy for Thomas before he went awol but he's now No1 with unproven cover and that could be a worry plus & he's their 6th biggest wage bill of $3.5 million this season so needs a good one , we know how good Ryan Miller is but the 13 more saves than Rask last night showed the class gap but the thing in Bruins favour as always is that they look to be in a favourable division so should really grab 3rd seed at worst in the play-offs.
By:
Swardean
When: 02 Feb 13 10:43
The Penguins v Capitals game on Sunday has now become a perennial fixture ahead of the superbowl.  Typically these teams have been challenging however it has been a slow start for each and both would like to get some momentum quickly. 

I am very strong on the Penguins for this game, and this is based on how poor Washington are playing presently.  They just seem so disjointed.  Ovechkin doesn't seem to be motivated this year and their offence lines look weak with the loss of Semin over the summer.  Backstrom looks to be holding the fort but without the support they really do not look to be clicking.

The Capitals win last night for me was just papering over the cracks and I have seen 5/6 for the Penguins and I will be steaming into this. Washington do get an extra days rest and are plying at home but that will not matter.  Crosby Malkin and co will be so up for this.  I am even tempted to back them to win in regulation (a bet I never normally do) however M/L looks best.

Cant wait for Sunday and this is a lovely starter before the main course!
By:
Hayden
When: 02 Feb 13 17:11
Always a game to look forward to Swardean , we chatted a lot about the advantage of being on the road for the lunch time starts so i'd prefer to support them in Washington than the Energy Centre at better odds , whatever the scoreline in the game against Devils starting in an hour shouldn't put you off your bet tomorrow for that reason alone.

Good luck mate  Happy
By:
Swardean
When: 02 Feb 13 18:18
No danger of that Hayden, indeed a loss tonight may provide me better odds tomorrow.  7 home wins out of 7 yesterday
By:
Hayden
When: 02 Feb 13 20:28
5/6 still available on moneyline but gone by puck drop you'd think   Happy
By:
Hayden
When: 03 Feb 13 20:09
Magnificent game and a fantastic result   Happy

Happy  Swardean   Happy
By:
HARRY22
When: 03 Feb 13 20:12
What price did penguins go off?
By:
Hayden
When: 03 Feb 13 20:17
Mostly 8/11 Harry but didn't look late on , around 1.78 on here
By:
HARRY22
When: 03 Feb 13 20:25
I know swardean mentioned them at 5/6 and you both didnt expect them to go off 5/6..are they looking the worthy favs?
By:
Hayden
When: 03 Feb 13 20:30
You mean to lift the cup ?
By:
HARRY22
When: 03 Feb 13 20:45
Yep
By:
Hayden
When: 03 Feb 13 20:51
Think they're always worthy favs every year because of the " been there done it " factor and the fact they've got arguably two of the best handful of players on the planet in Crosby & Malkin , problem is they feed so well off each other when one is sidelined they look lacking but when both are healthy they look world beaters , from a punting perspective and that said Pens are a team i couldn't get involved with in single digits but can they lift the trophy......too right they can.
By:
HARRY22
When: 03 Feb 13 20:59
Well as i said the other night i am putting a book together and dont really see much point getting the penguins on side yet.
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com