Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
db1974
15 May 12 15:37
| Topic/replies: 5,523 | Blogger: db1974's blog
Might as well have a thread for this here

O'Shea to miss EUROs?

http://www.european-championship.com/category/European-Championship-News/OShea-injury-doubt-for-Championships-201205140001/

Sorry if this is old news - just read it myself now

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 160
By:
db1974
When: 15 May 12 15:39
I'm betting Huntelaar @ 20/1 for top goalscorer. Great international strike-rate of 31 goals from 50 caps and Holland should go to at least the semis here so hopefully he'll play in 5 or even 6 games.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 15 May 12 15:48
Will he start db, i don't think he started the last few Qualifiers !? I think it was RVP they started up front although that would need to be checked out.
By:
db1974
When: 15 May 12 16:15
Started in 8 of the 10 (scored in 7 of them), not in squad in the 2 in Mar-2011 (injured?)

Last 4 qualifiers the midfield and forwards were

van Bommel (played all 4)
van Persie (played all 4)
Strootman (started all 4)
Huntelaar (started all 4)
Kuyt (started all 4)
van der Vaart (started 2)
Sneijder (started 2)

I'm fairly happy that the 1st 5 mentioned together with Sneijder is their first choice midfield & forwards
By:
db1974
When: 15 May 12 16:22
Not sure where Robben fits in here (if at all)

I assume he'll take Kuyt's place if he's preferred anyway
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 15 May 12 16:23
Just checked again looked at that wrong first time so you're spot on db, RVP playing wide on the right in the last few games what a luxury to have Cry
By:
neill d
When: 15 May 12 16:57
I'm on Spain ante post for the last 2 years and I still reckon they're the bbest around. They will be very tough to beat as they'll have 70% plus possession and I don't think there are many European national teams potent enough to win with 30% of the ball.

Weaknesses look to be up front and a susceptability to set pieces but I think the biggest danger comes from players who can take people on at pace with the ball at their feet like Arjen Robben. He nearly did them in the Wprld Cup final, but thankfully Europe doesn't seem to be producing too many of these 'soloists' as the UEFA technichal commitee would call these guys.

GL all, I've no strong oppinion on top scorer at the minute, Villa normally goes well but I'm not sure if he'll even make it and his prep will have been all wrong. Maybe someone like Llorente?
By:
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y
When: 15 May 12 16:58
I've backed England and France Devil
By:
neill d
When: 15 May 12 17:08
If England pick a physically strong, pacy side and leave out the geriatrics they'd have a right chance. They went well against Spain in that friendly in the context of a cup tie type game.

Spain can lack a bit of penetration up front as bar Torres, I can't see anyone who really likes to get in behind defenders and turn them. Soldado and Llorente seem to like the ball played into feet from what I've seen.
By:
bobby2424
When: 15 May 12 18:27
Karim Benizmar @ 20/1,Mesut Ozil @66/1,Cacau @50/1 and a tickle on Fat Fwankie @100/1 Oh and HOLLAND to win the Euro'sCool
By:
Monte Christo
When: 15 May 12 19:05
My main bet is on Germany and have been topping up on them since Christmas.

Going to have a saver on the dutch.

I think Spain might struggle for goals with Villa out.Torres is struggling for form and Soldado and Llorente are not in the same class as Villa.

They'll miss Puyol massively imo if he misses out.

Shaping up to be a very good tournament and i'll add a few goalscorers in the next week once the squads are finalised.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 15 May 12 20:54
Germany.

Ruthless efficiency Love
By:
snorlax
When: 15 May 12 21:41
Have a few coppers on Lewandowski(Poland/Borussia dortmund)  for top goalscorer at mad prices,banging them in in Germany and host nations tend  to do well so he'll surely bang  in a few
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 15 May 12 22:44
Have to agree with Monte about Spain, i think they're poor enough value although they are the most likely winners all the same. Greece are far to big a price for me, Croatia shorter and in a harder group even though Greece topped their qualifying section. Prob will have some sort of little bet on them.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 16 May 12 20:12
France for me at current prices.  Great keeper, decent spine, striker in form, invention and pace.  Capable manager.

Should cruise into the semi finals and after that....its just a case of winning two games.
By:
Newmanix
When: 17 May 12 08:15
Spain are too short, and I dont see that ageing team winning 3 tournaments in a row, and with all the expecation comes pressure.  Portugal, Russia, France and Italy are my fancies at nice odds.  My main bet is Russian to qualify @ 1/2.
By:
keen leader
When: 17 May 12 10:58
if i had to pick one team, a coming of age germany has many of the attributes one associates with tournament winners.

going the polar opposite to newmanix, i dont rate russia, any team with arshavn as their playmaker stand zero chance and i actually think there is a strong chance they will finish bottom of group a, highly likely if they dont get something out of their first game against czech rep. i have watched most of polands recent friendlys and was at their game against germany in september and it was far more than a friendly and poland were a match for the visitors on the night. i make the 3/1 poland to win group a the banker of the tournament, also top up with a poland outright at 66/1 so that you can lay off shorter at quarter final stage. the other bets, are e/w on gomez at 8/1 and lewandowski at 40/1 for topscorer.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 17 May 12 11:23
France to win their group at 9/5 is a great bet imo.
By:
kd109
When: 17 May 12 12:08
Snorlax, keen leader, if any of you are based near a Barone Racing office I suggest you get down there as they are 80/1 Lewandowski top goal scorer, just had some ew myself.
By:
db1974
When: 17 May 12 12:42
You must have smashed it - just rang them there and he is 33/1 now

Cry
By:
neill d
When: 17 May 12 13:12
Could be the rumours he is going to United
By:
thefly10
When: 17 May 12 15:44
I've backed France to top their group and outright! I think they are due a big one. They are a steal of a price to take top spot in Group D. Ok, they were extremely lucky to come through the qualifiers after being gifted a penalty at home to Bosnia in their final group game but as far as I remember they were without several key players for a couple of matches including Benzema and Ribery. Since Blanc took the reins they are back playing for the jersey and they can only improve. They have had some brilliant attack minded players on show in the club scene and I'm hoping they can click for the Euros.

Spain are head and shoulders above everyone, looking at the strength and depth of their squad if they could enter a second team they would be there thereabouts. Holland, Spain, and of course Germany are step ahead of the remaining teams. The Germany/Holland group game is the one I'm most looking forward to.

What can Ireland do? We are really up against it but I would not write off a second spot for us. We are definetly in with a chance of claiming a result against the Craots on the Sunday, a draw at least. Spain will beat us but with a good performance we could get a massive result against the Italians on the 18th. I dont rate Italy, they are dreadful to watch (ye a bit like ourselves), some might laugh but we have 6 or 7 players that would make their team!

My Group C Predictions:
Spain 2 - 0 Italy
Ireland 1 - 1 Croatia (Dunne header)
Italy 0 - 0 Croatia
Spain 2 - 0 Ireland
Croatia 0 - 3 Spain
Italy 1 - 2 Ireland

Ireland to play France on the 24th of June in Kiev!!

France 12/1 (Outright ew)
Ireland 80/1 (Outright ew) :-)
France to win Group D 9/5
Ireland to qualify from group 10/3
England not to qualify from group 6/4
Italy not to qualify from group 11/10

(All odds of PP)
By:
Monte Christo
When: 18 May 12 21:25
I've joined a few of you on the Lewandowski gravy train for top scorer.

Missed the 40's but on at 33's each way.

Thing is Poland will probably face a tough q-f then say goodbye imo but he could notch a few in the group games and he's in hot form.
By:
BigRob1
When: 18 May 12 22:51
Ibrahimovic looks over priced at 50/1 each way for top scorer.
He takes the peno's aswell and that group looks wide open.

I have a sneeky feeling Holland could come good.
Maybe Huntellar could be worth looking at for them at 18/1.
By:
stayonyourfeet
When: 19 May 12 11:47
Robbie Keane top goalscorer for Ireland alone at 4-1, not quite sure how that is any bigger than 2s really. I don't really need to explain myself about him, ye all know. Penalties alone could do it, we're not going to get many.
By:
db1974
When: 19 May 12 13:19
^ that's a super price actually. Even a 4-way tie would see you make a profit on that bet.
By:
stayonyourfeet
When: 19 May 12 14:45
4s into 3s, wasn't me ;)
By:
reb
When: 21 May 12 16:19
R Dunne Top Irish Scorer 33/1 with Bt 365.
By:
moneypenny
When: 21 May 12 16:34
what price we dont score at all
By:
db1974
When: 21 May 12 16:53
No goalscorer 15/2 with Paddy
By:
Monte Christo
When: 21 May 12 16:55
Laugh

Joking aside I've been looking at this and PP are 6/1 for no irish goalscorer at Euro 2012.
By:
moneypenny
When: 21 May 12 19:51
thats not a bad bet imho
By:
thefly10
When: 22 May 12 16:26
Ireland not to score a single goal was on offer at 10/1 in boyles at one stage yesterday. I see they have now cut it to 7s and PP go 15/2.

Apart from Keano who would score a goal for us? Dickie Dunne maybe.
By:
db1974
When: 22 May 12 16:33
Yeah it's tough to see where the goals will come from really

15 goals in qualifying but 9 of those against Andorra & Macedonia

So that's 6 goals from 6 games against the only decent sides in the group and one of those was a OG

For the record those 5 goals were

Fahey
Keane (pen)
Long
St Ledger
Dunne
By:
neill d
When: 22 May 12 16:38
I think Shane Long has to start over Doyle, he has the pace to get on to through balls most of which will come from Keane as I'd say he is going to play very very deep. Keane can be a clever footballer and I'd say this summer is going to be a real test of that, but all of his vision will be for nought if there isn't someone in front of him who has the pace and willingness to get onto balls they shouldn't.
By:
thefly10
When: 22 May 12 21:35
Thanks for that db. The more I read into that, it looks a great bet!
By:
DRAGON DANCER
When: 23 May 12 01:38
"You'll Never Beat The Irish"

Sick of our official song Laugh, the official video mainly includes highlights from games like Andorra, Estonia, Armenia and Richard Dunne clearing off the line v Russia, such a depressing team to follow, our highlights video after we get dumped out of the group will only be replays of all our heroic super goal line clearances and defensive blocks.

Wish I could be positive, I'm happy with Trappatoni, results wise can't complain at all, we can't do any better, talent just isn't there.
By:
DRAGON DANCER
When: 23 May 12 01:56
Better to have qualified than not qualified though (by far our worst team to qualify for a tournament)! The closer the game comes the more hopes will rise... even if it is deluded optimism, can only be a good thing.

Gonna have a nibble on Italy at 14/1. Ok not their most talented team ever and not sure how they will line up, but I'd have no worries about their defence if Chiellini is fit, midfield, Pirlo, Marchisio, De Rossi, lot of quality there, not sure how they'll line up up front, Balotelli, Cassano, Pazzini, Di Natale, Montolivo, Giovinco etc, will wait and see a few friendlies anyways, but think they have the best chance of raising their game and beating a team like Spain or Germany if they met them in a one off game. Would be worried about them getting out of the group a bit though! Croatia or even us aren't walkovers for them. Will wait for the friendlies anyways.
By:
jumper
When: 23 May 12 18:34
Just seen this on chit chat

Greece won the Euro in 2004
Spain in 2008
The 2012 winning country is DOOMED

110 Ireland on here. Anyone?
By:
vinnie_roe
When: 23 May 12 21:37
66/1 to be eliminated in the final is more interesting then 100/1 to win it.
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com