Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 160 comments are related to the topic:
EURO 2012 thread. News, tips etc.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 160
By:
neill d
When: 14 Jun 12 19:03
Spain to win to nilCry
By:
Kriskin
When: 14 Jun 12 21:17
Our performances in the openinmg 2 games have been DISGRACEFUL.  Usually we're a hard team to beat but so far that's the worse I've seen us play in years.  It's the worse ever performances in a Finals tournament.  Some of the team selections have been mind boggling.  Simon Cox WTF
By:
JayTrumpOldTomDubbl
When: 15 Jun 12 14:04
England to win this evening 11/8, or 2.48 on here, hopefully beat the swedes
By:
kavvie
When: 15 Jun 12 14:11
trap dont like things being told to him..hence cox playing and mclean not...cox isnt related to a footballer.
By:
db1974
When: 16 Jun 12 12:43
Anyone making any money on this poxy tournament?

Cry
By:
Steveirll
When: 16 Jun 12 15:17
its hard isnt it db1974

ive an Accum running, from yesterday and today and tomorrow

France, England, Czech Rep, Russia & Holland
5euro returns 300
I reckon the Czechs tonight ruin it for me Cry
By:
kiddo112
When: 16 Jun 12 15:41
Have done well enough on over 1.5 goals db. And hopeful enough of a few more now we are down to the last group games. Have generally avoided the match odds.

Also managed to nick a bit of 20/1 EW about Torres top scorer after he got his first against Ireland the other night.

Would like to see Lewandowski notch another tonight for my Top Poland scorer bet.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 16 Jun 12 15:49
JayTrump is ahead,after is great success in the Champions League he is proving the best football punter on here.
By:
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y
When: 16 Jun 12 15:55
I'm slightly ahead, the double yesterday got me in front but that is not including any of my O/R bets
By:
pa lapsy
When: 16 Jun 12 21:45
Not a good tournament for me either,even though keeping it to a minimum.
Suppose Spain ht/ft at 4/5 against Ireland was a mortgage job in hindsight.
Greeks beating Russia another bookies benefit,to be honest couldn,t see it happening.Good viewing all the same.
By:
kiddo112
When: 16 Jun 12 21:49
My 2 main tournament bets settled tonight.

Lewandowski tied for top scorer so dead heat makes 2/1 > 1/2 afaik.
And my Russia to be eliminated in QF or SF @8/11 bit the dust. How they managed to not qualify is a mystery Cry
By:
itcanbedone
When: 16 Jun 12 21:55
Bookies going well.

Whatever next?  Netherlands making it through?  Ukraine beating England?
By:
kiddo112
When: 19 Jun 12 19:06
Not a fan of doubles, but have taken the 4/1 with Terry Rogers on England/France double. England ropey enough, but no Shev or Voronin for Ukraine, and enough motivation for both to win to try & avoid Spain in the QF. Around 5/2 normal odds.
By:
punkha1
When: 19 Jun 12 20:45
I didnt really fancy it but that was some value Kiddo.
Do Roger's usually offer such over the odds prices?
By:
kiddo112
When: 19 Jun 12 21:18
France Angry

Not sure punkha1, not always in there but started a new job last week and they are the nearest bookies so will keep an eye and throw anything of interest up here when I can.

I actually know that this one got pulled early, I'm sure there were a few laying back on here at under 3/1.

In fairness to Rogers, they do seem to be trying hard, matching Powers on the likes of the double SP offers and certain money back specials on the footy.

Looks like we are sunk here
By:
When: 19 Jun 12 21:20
France have been utterly pathetic in this game, Benzama has been hopeless in all 3 games, he plays so deep for France and never gets in the box which leaves them with nobody in there. I'd honestly drop him and play Giroud instead.

* cue 2 Benzama goals
By:
db1974
When: 19 Jun 12 22:39
Fcuk Sweden anyway. Backed them to win the group, had a saver on France and a forecast with France as well. Not only do they throw away a 2nd-half lead in both of their the first 2 matches but they fcuk up the saver as well!

I'd love to be able to say I'll be glad when we give them a kicking in the WC qualifers but ...
By:
pa lapsy
When: 27 Jun 12 13:23
Anyone have any thoughts on the semi,s?
Portugal without ronaldo look very average though getting the results and have beaten the dutch danes and czechs in their last 3 games.Spain while brilliant against the irish not so impressive against the french and croats even though bossed them without scoring many goals.Still think we haven,t seen the best of them.At almost 11/4 ht/ft looks fair enough to me.
By:
When: 27 Jun 12 13:26
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y 16 Jun 12 15:55 
I'm slightly ahead, the double yesterday got me in front but that is not including any of my O/R bets

now i'm behind Plain
By:
JayTrumpOldTomDubbl
When: 27 Jun 12 13:42
Still fancy Spain to make the final. Portugal even when Figo was at his best, always seemed to let yuo down.Ronaldo needs to be man of the match and score, for them to put out Spain,who can blitz anyone, despite talk of tiredness I,m on Spain to win in 90..........
By:
When: 27 Jun 12 22:29
Well that was a great big pile of sh*te Plain international football is absolutely dire. Hope there is something else good on at 7.45 Sunday night
By:
pa lapsy
When: 27 Jun 12 22:40
Brutal stuff,very negative from the Spanish(about 2 goal chances for the match)was hoping Portugal would win the penos,Ronaldo not taking one was thick stupid. Yeah another dose of that on sunday isn,t the thing at all.
By:
neill d
When: 27 Jun 12 23:05
Needs to start with 3 midfielders, 2 wingers and a central focal point up front like they did in extra time, Portugal tired but the change of system helped too. Would ye trade out before the final now lads, I've got some 5's, 9/2 and more 10/3 the day there was a special here. Where dye stand on the giving back the value thing?, I sat through that tonight, but not sure I fancy it again, I think if they play like they did in extra time(portugal tired badly granted, but any team playing Spain will tire as the game wheres on)they should win on Sunday. Probably a no brainer to trade out and protect stake, don't like doing it.

Might be time to drop Xavi and put Iniesta back into midfield where he can have more influence, I feel the light may be dimming on the great man.
By:
moneypenny
When: 27 Jun 12 23:26
Xavi has looked like hes injured since April.
By:
neill d
When: 27 Jun 12 23:30
Something not right for sure, kind of glad to hear that there is an excuse, great player. Iniesta was immense when he dropped in there though so tough to know what to do for the coach. Pedro and Navas should stay in, Silva looks dog tired to me. He'll need a good long rest when he goes home, think city have a handy start in the league, they should leave him off till September at least.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 27 Jun 12 23:51
Neill i,m not really a footie punter or even have a great knowledge of players etc,Currently 1.93 to lay obviously going to get shorter if the italians win(1-1 in their group game)and going to lenghten and maybe a fair bit if the Germans win anyway impressive tomorrow,think Germany and Spain both were very near the same price before tonight.
I know what your saying about giving value away but would you back them now at 1.92? think i,d personally be very slow after tonight.Nothing wrong with greening up you would still have a good win and your money back in your pocket which is always a nice position.Gl with what you do,think the main gist is are they a good bet at 1.92.
By:
moneypenny
When: 27 Jun 12 23:55
Spain hoping Xavi to ‘play it again’

Monday, May 21, 2012 From Print Edition

MADRID: As the player that makes the reigning European and world champions tick, Spain fans are hoping Xavi Hernandez can hold off the effects of fatigue and injury to lead La Roja to more glory in Poland and Ukraine.

At 32, the outstanding man in Spain’s triumphs at Euro 2008 and the 2010 World Cup has at least one major international tournament left in him.

But is he fit enough, mentally and physically, to live up to the incredibly high standard he has set himself since finally coming to the international fore at Euro 2008, when he was named player of the tournament?

Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque — who is having to deal with the loss of Carles Puyol to a knee injury as well as doubts over the physical condition of David Villa — needs the Barcelona playmaker on top of his game if La Roja are to become the first nation to win three successive major international titles.

Xavi has averaged over 60 matches a year since 2008.

His body is feeling the effects, with a chronic calf-muscle injury in particular taking its toll, but the player himself insists he feels in good health and has a good few years left in the tank.

“I am not thinking about the end of my career. I want to play all the time, I can be a bit of a pain in that regard,” he said recently.

“This year I have missed a few games due to injury but I am excited about the European Championship and at the prospect of carrying on playing at international level for several more years, for as long as my body can cope.” Xavi is the orchestrator for club and country, a man who claims that he can only be fulfilled when he returns to the dressing room at the end of a game if he has touched the ball at least 100 times during the 90 minutes.

He completed 104 passes more than any other player at the 2010 World Cup, and earned the nickname ‘Humphrey Bogart’ thanks to Andres Montes, the eccentric, late Spanish television commentator who associated his love of passing the ball to the famous misquote from the film Casablanca - “Play it again, Sam.”

That may be tenuous, but it is an example of the affection that all of Spain has for this affable, intelligent man and wonderful playmaker from the town of Terrassa near Barcelona.

Along with fellow Catalan Puyol and Basque Xabi Alonso, he is one of those who have helped bury the myth that Spain’s collection of different regional identities could not come together and play in a harmonious, successful national team. It is largely thanks to Xavi that the so-called ‘tiki-taka’ short-passing game behind Barcelona’s success is also now driving Spain’s dominance of the international scene. And, to Xavi, it is the only way to play the game.

“Some teams can’t or don’t pass the ball. What are you playing for? What’s the point? That’s not football. Combine, pass, play. That’s football - for me, at least,” he said in an interview last year.

Xavi is Barcelona’s all-time record appearance holder and goes into Euro 2012 with 108 caps, making him Spain’s most-capped outfield player.

He has already won everything there is to win in a career that began when Louis van Gaal blooded him in Barcelona’s first team in 1998.
By:
neill d
When: 28 Jun 12 00:09
Think i'll do that Pa, just to get the stake back, I've a fair few few quid tied up in them for me and I'd be fairly distraught if I didn't see something back, also have people coming over for the matches on sunday so it probably wouldn't be the time to be flicking around on here. I won't tell them I've traded out though, I'll be getting the Gilesy 'no conviction' impersonation all night.
By:
neill d
When: 28 Jun 12 00:11
Love that piece moneypenny, was listening to You're on Sky Sports tonight, they still don't get it.
By:
moneypenny
When: 28 Jun 12 00:22
Its nice reading alright and says it all about the man, Its no coincidence that him struggling with injury has coincided with Barca losing their La Liga and Champions league crowns and Spain not looking at their best in this championship also.

Id green up comnpletely if it was me as I think Del Bosque has lost the plot trying to fit 6 midfielders into his team. They have looked a far better team to me with Torres on the pitch but he seems to have made his mind up in that regard.
By:
neill d
When: 28 Jun 12 00:38
I'll take the stake back anyway, I've a tonne of faith in them though, might wait till I see the teams for the rest but I'd say I'll stick with em'
By:
BJG
When: 28 Jun 12 14:05
Think the over 40pts at 4/5 with PP in tonights total cards market is value

(10pts yellow, 25pts red)

Can see it bein a tasty affair and the ref is a serious disciplinarian, has no problems dishin out the cards

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/477/euro-2012/2012/06/04/3147685/frances-controversial-disciplinarian-euro-2012-referee

He is averaging 4.7 yellow cards this season from his 33 games and has shown a red in almost 1 in 3 games
By:
BJG
When: 28 Jun 12 22:10
That'll do Cool took till the 92nd minute but got there Grin
By:
Ozymandius
When: 01 Jul 12 22:36
Not a great tournament for the forum it would appear Cry
By:
db1974
When: 01 Jul 12 23:00
The Irish team had a better tournament than me, that's how bad it was.
By:
kiddo112
When: 01 Jul 12 23:11
FFS why did Torres square to Mata for the 4th. Had top scorer in the bag there!!
By:
db1974
When: 02 Jul 12 09:19
Torres still won the Golden Boot - it's possible he knew that already when he passed
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 02 Jul 12 12:47
I could be wrong db but i think that's what may have won it for him, i believe the tie breaker is assists and he was the only one of the six with one.
By:
db1974
When: 02 Jul 12 12:59
Gomez also had one assist (I think) but Torres actually won because he played less minutes than Gomez
By:
reb
When: 02 Jul 12 13:10
Del Bosque is a genius. Limited Torres playing time in order to help him capture the Golden Boot !
Page 4 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com