Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
db1974
15 May 12 15:37
| Topic/replies: 5,523 | Blogger: db1974's blog
Might as well have a thread for this here

O'Shea to miss EUROs?

http://www.european-championship.com/category/European-Championship-News/OShea-injury-doubt-for-Championships-201205140001/

Sorry if this is old news - just read it myself now
Pause Switch to Standard View EURO 2012 thread. News, tips etc.
Show More
Report db1974 June 5, 2012 10:13 AM BST
The reason he didn't start is because the team that started last night is the team that will start against Croatia, injuries permitting

McGeady played himself into the team with his performance against Bosnia
Report Monte Christo June 5, 2012 10:26 AM BST
Yes last night's team shall be the one to start against Croatia.

However I still feel James McClean will have a big part to play in the tournament.
Report padlock June 5, 2012 12:26 PM BST
midfield are shockingly bad,think they will go 4-5-1 v croatia
however surely need 3points against croatia and try to get draws v spain + italy
Report Dan Chipowski June 5, 2012 1:43 PM BST
Last night was very worrying viewing from an Irish perspective. I know it was only a friendly etc etc, but Hungary should have had 4 goals.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 5, 2012 8:12 PM BST
France @ 17.5 & 12/1
England @ 12/1 & 10/1
Benzama top goalscorer @ 16/1
Benzama top French goalscorer @ 3/1
Benzama player of tournament @ 40/1

Added some more:

Samir Nasri top goalscorer @ 250
Jakub Blaszczykowski top goalscorer @ 250
Joe Hart player of tournament @ 100/1
Samir Nasri player of tournament @ 66/1
Report Monte Christo June 5, 2012 8:23 PM BST
Pf there's a strong french bias to your bets there.Laugh

You're obviously expecting them to do well.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 5, 2012 8:27 PM BST
I think they have a massive chance of winning the comp, have thought they where well overpriced for quite a while. Since Blanc has took over they seem to have some sort of continunity (Evra did his best to fack it up though) and they have a really good record under him. If they do win their group which they are more than capable off they meet the 2nd placed team in Irelands group so looks like either Croatia/Ireland/Italy and i'd fancy them against all 3. They then would have to meet someone along the lines of Germany/Holland/Portugal/Russia which is obviously tough but they avoid Spain until the final if both teams win their respective groups which is a big positive in my view.
Report Monte Christo June 5, 2012 8:32 PM BST
I agree with all your points there tbh.

Benzema has had a good season as well and looks really sharp so he could be a big player in the top scorer market.

4/5 goals always seems to win it so he might score a hat-trick against England Devil for you.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 5, 2012 8:36 PM BST
What a goooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllll Benzama just scored Laugh
Report Monte Christo June 5, 2012 8:40 PM BST
Laugh
Report squigs June 6, 2012 2:36 PM BST
Team       Average Age
Germany        24.52
Poland         25.13
England        26.04
Denmark        26.57
France         26.65
Spain          26.78
Croatia        27.09
Portugal       27.08
Netherlands    27.13
Greece         27.17
Czech Republic 27.26
Ukraine        27.30
Italy          27.91
Sweden         28.30
Russia         28.34
Ireland        28.35

Average age of the squads in Euro 2012, Ireland have come in with the oldest squad while Germany's is the youngest squad to ever compete in a European championship.

Spain were the youngest team in Euro 2008 and certainly since then there has been a trend towards younger squads performing well.

Germany in 2010 were the 3rd youngest team out of 32 and Spain were the 5 youngest out of 32. Uruguay were the 9th youngest, Holland bucked the trend as the 10th oldest team in the competition.

The two teams that arguably disappointed the most at the world cup in 2010. Brazil and England were the oldest and second oldest squads respectively.

I think Germany are the best team in the competition. France have a nice enough group and will be my outright bet. I might just cool my jets a bit on the Russian team with a real lack of youth at the back though they have a good group. Poland as hosts and have a youthful squad with a good group and may even reach a semi final.
Report kiddo112 June 6, 2012 7:59 PM BST
Have decided on my Russia bet. While I do fancy them strongly to get out of the group, they are plenty short enough at 4/9. Given the likely quality of QF & SF opponents, I don't see them getting to the final. So I will split stakes on the "stage of elimination" @27/20 for the QF with Sportingbet and @6.6 for the SF on here.

This pays just shy of 8/11 (1.713), versus the 4/9 to qualify - the only difference being it's a loser if they make the final.
Report Monte Christo June 6, 2012 9:33 PM BST
Guys

In case anyone is unaware there is a Euro 2012 competition on the Football Forum run by BCM 2.

Add's an additional bit of interest to the tournament.

Good luck.
Report Paddy Hair June 7, 2012 4:19 AM BST
I think the England Squads age is deceptive as they have just brought in Kelly from Liverpool, a young keeper from God knows where to cover for Ruddy and have Oxlade Chamberlain who is unlikely to start. The average age of the players on the field is what counts.What would the squad age be if they still had Lampard and Rio.
Report Paddy Hair June 7, 2012 4:21 AM BST
After all that, i am a Russia vs France Final . Backed both to win on Benzema and Pavyluychenko to be top scorers. I think Ireland will lose to Spain but could get results against the other to 2 to make the quarter finals.
Report squigs June 7, 2012 9:49 AM BST
It's a bit deceptive Paddy Hair, but they never selected Ferdinand so that was a n/r. Also Lampard takes the place probably of either Gerard or Parker who are both 32 so not much difference is made. I'll take the England team against Belgium and replace Cahill with Lescott.

Hart 25

Johnson 27
Lescott 29
Terry   30
Cole    31
Milner  26
Parker  31
Gerrard 32
Oxlade-Chamberlain 18
Young   26
Welbeck 21

296/11 = 26.9 years

It's older then the overall squad but it's definitely a younger England team then previous years.
Report donemynuts June 7, 2012 10:16 AM BST
Its 33/1 but I think worth a bet.  Lowest scoring team - Italy.  We are capable of keeping a clean sheet against them, Spain certainly are and Croatia are no mugs either.  Big price imo
Report reb June 7, 2012 10:21 AM BST
In betting terms this is the worst Euro or World Cup that I've seen. There has been very little real value to be found. It's like getting Evens on the toss of a coin !
Report Rocketfingers June 7, 2012 11:38 AM BST
So far for the first round of games taking on the co-hosts, so betting Greece+0.5 and Sweden+0.25 both on the ahc
Report neill d June 7, 2012 2:46 PM BST
Spain big with a small saver on France which I did the other week (mentioned on t'other week)

The bets concerning benzema and Nasri look shrewd Premier. Both especially Nasri have the raw ability to to the bussiness and I'd say Nasri will be the creative hub of that team.

Just one thing, will the fact that Nasri has one of the most punchable faces in football count against him, personally, I think he should be heralded as one of the best creative midfielders in Europe, but I don't think he is entirely trustworthy.
Report neill d June 7, 2012 2:47 PM BST
Sorry that was a ?, I feel a picture would help illustrate my point but.....
Report Ozymandius June 7, 2012 2:54 PM BST
I know what you mean, neill d. There is something very disagreable about the look of the small little smug b0llix.
Report neill d June 7, 2012 2:55 PM BST
Glad someone else sees it tooGrin
Report stayonyourfeet June 9, 2012 11:13 AM BST
Favs seem to be drifting in the openers, like Russia yesterday.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 9, 2012 11:18 AM BST
The Russia drift was bizarre, they where over 2.9 after about 3 minutes of last nights game Shocked
Report Rocketfingers June 9, 2012 11:47 AM BST
Knew a few big boys who were on the Czecks last night.

Croatia -1.5 corners 1.8 with bet3£s
Report Monte Christo June 9, 2012 12:09 PM BST
Saw a few lads on the news with the tri-colour with the following message on it

They've got Xavi & Pirlo

But we've got

Long - Cox Laugh
Report stayonyourfeet June 9, 2012 1:37 PM BST
Saw that on Twitter - very good.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 9, 2012 4:40 PM BST
Ireland team for tomorrow

Given
O Shea
Ward
Dunne
St Ledger
McGeady
Andrews
Whelan
Duff
Keane (c)
Doyle
Report neill d June 9, 2012 4:57 PM BST
Long can do everything Doyle does plus he is quicker and a better finisher. He can consider himself extremely unlucky as Doyle is in on past reputation.
Report neill d June 9, 2012 4:59 PM BST
The Dutch should win here and I'd fancy Portugal to at least hold the Germans later on.
Report workrider June 9, 2012 7:10 PM BST
bad start to the euros for me ....backed poland and holland ....Cry....
trying to get something back here with germany ...
Report Monte Christo June 9, 2012 7:14 PM BST
I'm looking forward to this next match.

I've done a little scorecast on Germany to win 2:1.

Also backed the draw ht and Germany ft.

Good luck anyone playing in this game.
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl June 9, 2012 8:15 PM BST
The all-round standard is just shocking, and that is why I give England a big chance, Ashley Cole, Jo Hart, Rooney, Gerrard, all as good as there is plying at the moment,and people fancy Ireland, yet write off England..............
Report Dan Chipowski June 10, 2012 10:53 AM BST
I've got a tremendous sense of optimism about tonight, which is usually a bad sign when it comes to Ireland.

Have to agree with those questioning the selection of Doyle. I hope he proves me wrong, but on current form Walters can do the job Doyle's being asked to do a lot better. No disasters in the first 20 minutes and hopefully we can settle into the game and maybe even nick it.
Report padlock June 10, 2012 11:07 AM BST
ireland 1 croatia 0
draw/ireland
group sfc  spain-ireland
my optimistic bets
Report pa lapsy June 10, 2012 12:03 PM BST
Spain ht/ft at just over 2/1 against an out of form Italy,looks  solid enough to me.gl
Report Monte Christo June 10, 2012 12:54 PM BST
Well a profitable night last night it's just a pity the Germans did not score early on as it would have made for a more open game imo.

Onto this afternoon and i must agree with pa lapsy on Sapain ht/ft at just over 2/1.

Also doing a small bet on Spain 2:0 at 7/1.

I'll be waiting on the team news to see if Torres starts.
Report BJG June 10, 2012 12:57 PM BST
Hard to get away from Spain today, Italy gonna spend a lot of the game chasin the ball around and will need to step it up bigtime from what i saw against Russia last week! An early goal hopefully to open the game up a bit!

Backed Spain to win
Report stayonyourfeet June 10, 2012 2:24 PM BST
Croatia -2 on asian handicap corners 1.95. They will probably dominate possession and we wait for counter attack, looks good value.
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl June 10, 2012 2:46 PM BST
Italy will try and frustrate the Spaniards and could well suceed as a point will not be sniffed at by either team, we need to remember this is only the Group stage and imho very dangerous to get get too carried away. Spain can be stopped and who better to do it than the Italians. Draw match,so a small lay of the spaniards 4mee
Report neill d June 10, 2012 2:51 PM BST
Spain to win to nil and a lay of Croatia for me.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 10, 2012 2:52 PM BST
I will be very surprised if Spain don't beat Italy today and i think they are absolutely massive
Report neill d June 10, 2012 2:57 PM BST
I don't think Italy will see which way they went either, apart from Pilro, Chielinni and Balotelli on a going day, not sure I rate many of their players. Di Natale is a good player, but he's 34 and had a long year. If spain stick someone close to Pirlo, I don't think they have anyone else who can get them going, then it is just a matter of Spain scoring one.
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl June 10, 2012 11:23 PM BST
I
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl June 10, 2012 11:26 PM BST
I am with England not to lose tomorrow night, what happened there with above post is a mystery Laugh laptop has a mind of its own..............
Report BJG June 14, 2012 1:00 PM BST
Thought Spain would be shorter tonight Confused

Rumours Cox will start up front with Keane
Report Newmanix June 14, 2012 1:03 PM BST
At least the croat games is out of the way, all we have to do now is beat the shíte out of the spanish and italiansLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report BJG June 14, 2012 1:05 PM BST
Spain to win to Nil looks the bet to me - could be an 80/20 possession game tonight Plain
Report db1974 June 14, 2012 1:21 PM BST
Any bookie offering odds on possession stats tonight

I can't find any
Report Monte Christo June 14, 2012 1:29 PM BST
Agree with BJG.

Going to dutch 2-0 and 3-0 to Spain myself.
Report BJG June 14, 2012 2:28 PM BST
Been lookin all week db1974 - none available Sad
Report neill d June 14, 2012 2:55 PM BST
Fancy Italy to beat croatia today, they're a better team than I originally thought and invoked the Juventus work ethic against Spain. Pirlo v Modric, the real article v the pretender.
Report Rocketfingers June 14, 2012 6:35 PM BST
Wildmanfromborneo is over the moon with the change in the Irish team tonight, he loves Cox, he was hoping for Long Cox up front but delighted just to get Cox.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 14, 2012 6:41 PM BST
Would an Italy win not be best here for Ireland??

In the slim slim slim slim slim chance we draw with Spain and then beat Italy we'd be through.

If Croatia get a draw we can't finish ahead of them unless we win both games as it goes on head to head if level on points
Report Dan Chipowski June 14, 2012 6:47 PM BST
I concur with that ^

Which makes what Brian Kerr and Stephen Alkin are saying complete and utter b0llocks.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 14, 2012 6:48 PM BST
Yeah it's getting on my tits now Dan, 2 facking clowns ain't got a clue what they are sheeting on about Plain
Report Dan Chipowski June 14, 2012 6:54 PM BST
As Dunphy said, Spain would have to beat Croatia, but regardless an Italy win would have been better for us.

It'll be academic in a few hours anyway. Laugh
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl June 14, 2012 6:56 PM BST
Ireland +1  7/2....
Spain   -1  4/5....
Spain to win to nil= 5/6
Is there a stand-out bet here, or 2 stand out bets even Wink...........??
Report neill d June 14, 2012 7:03 PM BST
Spain to win to nilCry
Report Kriskin June 14, 2012 9:17 PM BST
Our performances in the openinmg 2 games have been DISGRACEFUL.  Usually we're a hard team to beat but so far that's the worse I've seen us play in years.  It's the worse ever performances in a Finals tournament.  Some of the team selections have been mind boggling.  Simon Cox WTF
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl June 15, 2012 2:04 PM BST
England to win this evening 11/8, or 2.48 on here, hopefully beat the swedes
Report kavvie June 15, 2012 2:11 PM BST
trap dont like things being told to him..hence cox playing and mclean not...cox isnt related to a footballer.
Report db1974 June 16, 2012 12:43 PM BST
Anyone making any money on this poxy tournament?

Cry
Report Steveirll June 16, 2012 3:17 PM BST
its hard isnt it db1974

ive an Accum running, from yesterday and today and tomorrow

France, England, Czech Rep, Russia & Holland
5euro returns 300
I reckon the Czechs tonight ruin it for me Cry
Report kiddo112 June 16, 2012 3:41 PM BST
Have done well enough on over 1.5 goals db. And hopeful enough of a few more now we are down to the last group games. Have generally avoided the match odds.

Also managed to nick a bit of 20/1 EW about Torres top scorer after he got his first against Ireland the other night.

Would like to see Lewandowski notch another tonight for my Top Poland scorer bet.
Report wildmanfromborneo June 16, 2012 3:49 PM BST
JayTrump is ahead,after is great success in the Champions League he is proving the best football punter on here.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 16, 2012 3:55 PM BST
I'm slightly ahead, the double yesterday got me in front but that is not including any of my O/R bets
Report pa lapsy June 16, 2012 9:45 PM BST
Not a good tournament for me either,even though keeping it to a minimum.
Suppose Spain ht/ft at 4/5 against Ireland was a mortgage job in hindsight.
Greeks beating Russia another bookies benefit,to be honest couldn,t see it happening.Good viewing all the same.
Report kiddo112 June 16, 2012 9:49 PM BST
My 2 main tournament bets settled tonight.

Lewandowski tied for top scorer so dead heat makes 2/1 > 1/2 afaik.
And my Russia to be eliminated in QF or SF @8/11 bit the dust. How they managed to not qualify is a mystery Cry
Report itcanbedone June 16, 2012 9:55 PM BST
Bookies going well.

Whatever next?  Netherlands making it through?  Ukraine beating England?
Report kiddo112 June 19, 2012 7:06 PM BST
Not a fan of doubles, but have taken the 4/1 with Terry Rogers on England/France double. England ropey enough, but no Shev or Voronin for Ukraine, and enough motivation for both to win to try & avoid Spain in the QF. Around 5/2 normal odds.
Report punkha1 June 19, 2012 8:45 PM BST
I didnt really fancy it but that was some value Kiddo.
Do Roger's usually offer such over the odds prices?
Report kiddo112 June 19, 2012 9:18 PM BST
France Angry

Not sure punkha1, not always in there but started a new job last week and they are the nearest bookies so will keep an eye and throw anything of interest up here when I can.

I actually know that this one got pulled early, I'm sure there were a few laying back on here at under 3/1.

In fairness to Rogers, they do seem to be trying hard, matching Powers on the likes of the double SP offers and certain money back specials on the footy.

Looks like we are sunk here
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 19, 2012 9:20 PM BST
France have been utterly pathetic in this game, Benzama has been hopeless in all 3 games, he plays so deep for France and never gets in the box which leaves them with nobody in there. I'd honestly drop him and play Giroud instead.

* cue 2 Benzama goals
Report db1974 June 19, 2012 10:39 PM BST
Fcuk Sweden anyway. Backed them to win the group, had a saver on France and a forecast with France as well. Not only do they throw away a 2nd-half lead in both of their the first 2 matches but they fcuk up the saver as well!

I'd love to be able to say I'll be glad when we give them a kicking in the WC qualifers but ...
Report pa lapsy June 27, 2012 1:23 PM BST
Anyone have any thoughts on the semi,s?
Portugal without ronaldo look very average though getting the results and have beaten the dutch danes and czechs in their last 3 games.Spain while brilliant against the irish not so impressive against the french and croats even though bossed them without scoring many goals.Still think we haven,t seen the best of them.At almost 11/4 ht/ft looks fair enough to me.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 27, 2012 1:26 PM BST
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y 16 Jun 12 15:55 
I'm slightly ahead, the double yesterday got me in front but that is not including any of my O/R bets

now i'm behind Plain
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl June 27, 2012 1:42 PM BST
Still fancy Spain to make the final. Portugal even when Figo was at his best, always seemed to let yuo down.Ronaldo needs to be man of the match and score, for them to put out Spain,who can blitz anyone, despite talk of tiredness I,m on Spain to win in 90..........
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 27, 2012 10:29 PM BST
Well that was a great big pile of sh*te Plain international football is absolutely dire. Hope there is something else good on at 7.45 Sunday night
Report pa lapsy June 27, 2012 10:40 PM BST
Brutal stuff,very negative from the Spanish(about 2 goal chances for the match)was hoping Portugal would win the penos,Ronaldo not taking one was thick stupid. Yeah another dose of that on sunday isn,t the thing at all.
Report neill d June 27, 2012 11:05 PM BST
Needs to start with 3 midfielders, 2 wingers and a central focal point up front like they did in extra time, Portugal tired but the change of system helped too. Would ye trade out before the final now lads, I've got some 5's, 9/2 and more 10/3 the day there was a special here. Where dye stand on the giving back the value thing?, I sat through that tonight, but not sure I fancy it again, I think if they play like they did in extra time(portugal tired badly granted, but any team playing Spain will tire as the game wheres on)they should win on Sunday. Probably a no brainer to trade out and protect stake, don't like doing it.

Might be time to drop Xavi and put Iniesta back into midfield where he can have more influence, I feel the light may be dimming on the great man.
Report moneypenny June 27, 2012 11:26 PM BST
Xavi has looked like hes injured since April.
Report neill d June 27, 2012 11:30 PM BST
Something not right for sure, kind of glad to hear that there is an excuse, great player. Iniesta was immense when he dropped in there though so tough to know what to do for the coach. Pedro and Navas should stay in, Silva looks dog tired to me. He'll need a good long rest when he goes home, think city have a handy start in the league, they should leave him off till September at least.
Report pa lapsy June 27, 2012 11:51 PM BST
Neill i,m not really a footie punter or even have a great knowledge of players etc,Currently 1.93 to lay obviously going to get shorter if the italians win(1-1 in their group game)and going to lenghten and maybe a fair bit if the Germans win anyway impressive tomorrow,think Germany and Spain both were very near the same price before tonight.
I know what your saying about giving value away but would you back them now at 1.92? think i,d personally be very slow after tonight.Nothing wrong with greening up you would still have a good win and your money back in your pocket which is always a nice position.Gl with what you do,think the main gist is are they a good bet at 1.92.
Report moneypenny June 27, 2012 11:55 PM BST
Spain hoping Xavi to ‘play it again’

Monday, May 21, 2012 From Print Edition

MADRID: As the player that makes the reigning European and world champions tick, Spain fans are hoping Xavi Hernandez can hold off the effects of fatigue and injury to lead La Roja to more glory in Poland and Ukraine.

At 32, the outstanding man in Spain’s triumphs at Euro 2008 and the 2010 World Cup has at least one major international tournament left in him.

But is he fit enough, mentally and physically, to live up to the incredibly high standard he has set himself since finally coming to the international fore at Euro 2008, when he was named player of the tournament?

Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque — who is having to deal with the loss of Carles Puyol to a knee injury as well as doubts over the physical condition of David Villa — needs the Barcelona playmaker on top of his game if La Roja are to become the first nation to win three successive major international titles.

Xavi has averaged over 60 matches a year since 2008.

His body is feeling the effects, with a chronic calf-muscle injury in particular taking its toll, but the player himself insists he feels in good health and has a good few years left in the tank.

“I am not thinking about the end of my career. I want to play all the time, I can be a bit of a pain in that regard,” he said recently.

“This year I have missed a few games due to injury but I am excited about the European Championship and at the prospect of carrying on playing at international level for several more years, for as long as my body can cope.” Xavi is the orchestrator for club and country, a man who claims that he can only be fulfilled when he returns to the dressing room at the end of a game if he has touched the ball at least 100 times during the 90 minutes.

He completed 104 passes more than any other player at the 2010 World Cup, and earned the nickname ‘Humphrey Bogart’ thanks to Andres Montes, the eccentric, late Spanish television commentator who associated his love of passing the ball to the famous misquote from the film Casablanca - “Play it again, Sam.”

That may be tenuous, but it is an example of the affection that all of Spain has for this affable, intelligent man and wonderful playmaker from the town of Terrassa near Barcelona.

Along with fellow Catalan Puyol and Basque Xabi Alonso, he is one of those who have helped bury the myth that Spain’s collection of different regional identities could not come together and play in a harmonious, successful national team. It is largely thanks to Xavi that the so-called ‘tiki-taka’ short-passing game behind Barcelona’s success is also now driving Spain’s dominance of the international scene. And, to Xavi, it is the only way to play the game.

“Some teams can’t or don’t pass the ball. What are you playing for? What’s the point? That’s not football. Combine, pass, play. That’s football - for me, at least,” he said in an interview last year.

Xavi is Barcelona’s all-time record appearance holder and goes into Euro 2012 with 108 caps, making him Spain’s most-capped outfield player.

He has already won everything there is to win in a career that began when Louis van Gaal blooded him in Barcelona’s first team in 1998.
Report neill d June 28, 2012 12:09 AM BST
Think i'll do that Pa, just to get the stake back, I've a fair few few quid tied up in them for me and I'd be fairly distraught if I didn't see something back, also have people coming over for the matches on sunday so it probably wouldn't be the time to be flicking around on here. I won't tell them I've traded out though, I'll be getting the Gilesy 'no conviction' impersonation all night.
Report neill d June 28, 2012 12:11 AM BST
Love that piece moneypenny, was listening to You're on Sky Sports tonight, they still don't get it.
Report moneypenny June 28, 2012 12:22 AM BST
Its nice reading alright and says it all about the man, Its no coincidence that him struggling with injury has coincided with Barca losing their La Liga and Champions league crowns and Spain not looking at their best in this championship also.

Id green up comnpletely if it was me as I think Del Bosque has lost the plot trying to fit 6 midfielders into his team. They have looked a far better team to me with Torres on the pitch but he seems to have made his mind up in that regard.
Report neill d June 28, 2012 12:38 AM BST
I'll take the stake back anyway, I've a tonne of faith in them though, might wait till I see the teams for the rest but I'd say I'll stick with em'
Report BJG June 28, 2012 2:05 PM BST
Think the over 40pts at 4/5 with PP in tonights total cards market is value

(10pts yellow, 25pts red)

Can see it bein a tasty affair and the ref is a serious disciplinarian, has no problems dishin out the cards

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/477/euro-2012/2012/06/04/3147685/frances-controversial-disciplinarian-euro-2012-referee

He is averaging 4.7 yellow cards this season from his 33 games and has shown a red in almost 1 in 3 games
Report BJG June 28, 2012 10:10 PM BST
That'll do Cool took till the 92nd minute but got there Grin
Report Ozymandius July 1, 2012 10:36 PM BST
Not a great tournament for the forum it would appear Cry
Report db1974 July 1, 2012 11:00 PM BST
The Irish team had a better tournament than me, that's how bad it was.
Report kiddo112 July 1, 2012 11:11 PM BST
FFS why did Torres square to Mata for the 4th. Had top scorer in the bag there!!
Report db1974 July 2, 2012 9:19 AM BST
Torres still won the Golden Boot - it's possible he knew that already when he passed
Report Rocketfingers July 2, 2012 12:47 PM BST
I could be wrong db but i think that's what may have won it for him, i believe the tie breaker is assists and he was the only one of the six with one.
Report db1974 July 2, 2012 12:59 PM BST
Gomez also had one assist (I think) but Torres actually won because he played less minutes than Gomez
Report reb July 2, 2012 1:10 PM BST
Del Bosque is a genius. Limited Torres playing time in order to help him capture the Golden Boot !
Report roadrunner46 October 28, 2017 10:07 PM BST
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com