Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 356 comments are related to the topic:
2000 GUINEAS (2015)

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 9 of 9  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 356
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 02 May 15 15:58
The clock rarely lies.
By:
Sacred Kingdom
When: 02 May 15 15:59
Well done Gleneagles backers. Estidhkaar :'(
By:
G1_Jockey_4
When: 02 May 15 16:04
fk me that was a shocking run from estidhkaar....was thinking bounce but looking at the 1m 4 race the front runners got badly done in that too....makes you wonder.
By:
lingbleed
When: 02 May 15 16:10
Fair play figgis ,your last post is why i prefer this forum to the horse racing one ,you had a strong opinion ,u backed that opinion ,and then held your hands up when you were wrong .You would be shot on the other one for that
By:
roadrunner46
When: 02 May 15 16:18
my take on ivawood is the horse was very forward last season and more powerfully built, so had a good advantage
over the other horses. form and pedigree just didnt stack up as a potential guineas winner, to the horses credit it made the place money. did run well.
By:
Figgis
When: 02 May 15 16:31
Cheers, lingbleed, as you'll know, it's just one result in a long season. Not sure I agree with Hannon that Ivawood was a definite stayer. He was keen early, Hughes had to make efforts to settle him and he travelled beautifully for the first 6 furlongs. Obviously he stayed up to a point. Danehill finished third to Nashwan in that year's Guineas but he was better over shorter and I think Ivawood could be too, personally I wouldn't be following him on that form over a mile anyway.
By:
Saritamer
When: 02 May 15 16:39
No matter how long I have been punting I never learn not to complicate things.
Gleneagles had the best 2-y-o form, settles well and has a great turn of foot. Probably more importantly, being so early in the season, it was heavily backed a few weeks ago, obviously once the proper work had begun at Ballydoyle. Fair enough it drifted in the last week or so but that is as much due to punters, like me, looking away from the favourite, desperately trying to seek a bit of inspiration.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 02 May 15 16:49
Impressive performance from Gleneagles Cool
Had some concerns when he got very warm & edgy in the paddock, but was fine going down to & at the start, looked the winner from some way out imo. Looks an out&out miler to my eye.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 02 May 15 16:57
Well done buckets.

Best horses finished 1st and 2nd but a high draw was a big advantage so the new layout didn't have the desired effect.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 02 May 15 16:57
Backers not buckets.Cry
By:
G1_Jockey_4
When: 02 May 15 16:59
think it was a massive advantage to be held up in this with cover.

the whole front rank capitulated....
By:
unclepuncle
When: 02 May 15 17:02
Strong head wind so cover was very important.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 02 May 15 17:05
The time indicated a fairly strong headwind.
By:
G1_Jockey_4
When: 02 May 15 17:09
also havent heard but has frankie got pulled up for his bit of riding on moheet ? Laugh

thought he was gonna knock half the field over...
By:
Figgis
When: 02 May 15 17:32
The winner was fairly impressive and I have him around a stone better than I'd previously rated him, which is embarrassingly wide of the mark. However, I still couldn't rate his past form any higher, so I don't regret taking him on, I've stood against such runners in the past with overall success and would do so again. In hindsight it's true that he'd been just doing enough last year.

Having said Gleneagles won well, I rate it no better than ordinary Guineas form. It was no surprise to me to see Bossy Guest finish quite close, as I had previously put him up amongst my higher rated in the race, but it does hold the form down somewhat, along with some other fairly close finishers. The time also points to just okay Guineas form, having accounted for conditions.

I've been very wrong about Gleneagles before and maybe I am again, maybe he just did enough again today, but even though he's better than I previously thought I don't rate him a great miler. I can't see me opposing him in the very near future as it's difficult to see any obvious threats. I certainly wouldn't bet against him when running against other 3yos. Unless he improves, however, I don't see him going through the season like a Kingman and I'll be looking to oppose him again further down the line.
By:
metro john
When: 02 May 15 17:34
First well done too all fans of Gleneagles, if you missed large ante post prices you got fair value today. Now I must say the race was the very poorest of Guineas, possibly the worst ever. Almost impossible too rate highly without allotting major improvement for the 4th and 5th, form was reversed , the second had a hands and heels ride, Ivawood will be credited with running too his best, I  struggle too bring the race above 116. The ground was good, the winner impressive , the form looks dull(bar the winner).

But hey that's racingCool
By:
Try My Best
When: 02 May 15 18:36
Think people have been a tad unkind to the winner. He had this race shot to pieces from halfway and if challenged would have seen him in an even better light. If he has only just done enough today god help anything else that tries to take him on later on in the year.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 02 May 15 19:57
that gamble in march  when he went from around 8s to around 3s in the shops in the space of a day or 2  a very short time proved to be well founded ,they must have put him up against a fair yardstick at home ,plenty must have  had it off !
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 02 May 15 19:58
day or to in ^^^^^^^^^^^^
By:
blackbarn
When: 02 May 15 20:51
metrojohn - " Now I must say the race was the very poorest of Guineas, possibly the worst ever."

I firmly believe I have seen that comment, about 20 times in the last 30 years.  You can't all be rightCrazy
By:
blackbarn
When: 02 May 15 20:55
Just catching up....

Sacred Kingdom - Can we agree that Gleneagles has trained on?   Thanks.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 02 May 15 22:34
Surprised the winner isn't getting more credit myself. They were very sweet on the French horse and he's beaten him easily. Think the front three or four will go on to have very good seasons myself, and show the winner to to be top drawer. Excellent performance.
By:
Figgis
When: 02 May 15 23:03
Just to clarify, I'm not saying he's a poor winner. The worst two winning performances I've seen in recent years were Island Sands and Refuse To Bend and he's certainly better than them. I also rate him slightly above some other winners, including a few from the O'Brien yard like King of Kings, Footstepsinthesand and Camelot. I rate him about average which definitely doesn't mean poor. I just reckon like most big race winners from that yard the hype will take over, especially as the win was reasonably stylish, and he'll be priced up like a superstar in future races, for me he still hasn't proved that yet.
By:
metro john
When: 03 May 15 06:25
Just a quick comment about the ground, I was quite shocked how much water they put on it, it could have proved risky if the wind would have blown a bit stronger and the rain arrived earlier, It seems that they do accommodate the staying sort, which I suppose in understandable, not sure how much rain they are having at Newmarket , but it's pissing down buckets in Brum, I  would think the ground heavy by this afternoon for the Oaks.(be cautious)
By:
metro john
When: 03 May 15 06:38
excuse me , I do mean the 1000 Guineas( just thinking a proper Oaks filly needed)Wink
By:
geoff m
When: 03 May 15 09:05
WD to Gleneagles backers.
I thought today was his visually most impressive performance in clearly his hardest task todate.
Estidhkaar very dissapointing probably feeling the effects of a very hard Greenham.
Didnt get the horse right but fortunately got the prices right.

Metro forecast overnight rain didnt materialise had very little 0.5mm ground changed to even quicker altho rain expected this morning.
By:
kincsem
When: 03 May 15 09:39
Gleneagles, National Stakes, The Curragh, 14/09/14
By:
kincsem
When: 03 May 15 09:40
Not aftertiming.  I didn't back him. Plain
By:
metro john
When: 03 May 15 10:34
geoff m , cheers.
By:
metro john
When: 03 May 15 11:02
Just had a look at the Kentucky Derby again , a fantastic performance by American Pharoah would rate it around 126, Plenty of the placed horses of interest for the future.
By:
twonky
When: 03 May 15 12:04
From a form point angle, the result was pleasing, with 2yo group 1 form being proven correct.

But, I have a worry that the form may not hold up. It would seem that the stands side had a clear advantage, even though the best horse run.

I'd be concerned about Gleneagles going around a bend at Ascot. Territories looks tailor made for the French derby. Ivawood still says 6/7f to me. Of the others, Dutch Connection looks the most promising and a step up in trip to 10f would be ideal. Maybe the Dante.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 03 May 15 14:43
Gleneagles not handle a bend ??  Rubbish imo Silly
By:
metro john
When: 04 May 15 10:20

May 2, 2015 -- 8:51PM, blackbarn wrote:

metrojohn - " Now I must say the race was the very poorest of Guineas, possibly the worst ever."I firmly believe I have seen that comment, about 20 times in the last 30 years.  You can't all be right

Hi blackburn, Estidhkaar was never domineering in the center of track, we can only conclude he did not recover from  the pace he made in the Greenham,everything about the race screams poor quality, and possible draw bias, not sure Newmarket will race with that cutaway again, did it make any difference? two groups raced a short distance apart.The winner just could prove a class apart, and in my eyes worth a try over 10f against his own generation, he did possibly , visually (not rating), improve  going up in distance, regardless of jockey comments after race.

By:
metro john
When: 04 May 15 19:59
TF rate Gleneagles 126, it's all about opinion? (where do they get that from)
By:
sintonian
When: 04 May 15 21:13
Estidkhaar one to back in the SJP. Clearly the edge taken off him in the Greenham.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 06 May 15 15:28
He clearly ran below par Sint, but he is not up to the level of Gleneagles imo. Would make him a bit of a shoe-in for the SJP on gd/fast ground.
By:
kincsem
When: 07 May 15 09:50
Estidhkaar might not get a mile. I calculated him suited to 6.5 furlongs.
I put him up as a place lay further up the thread.
Page 9 of 9  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com