|
By:
Enjoying my Sunday evening
With wolves taken to the cleaners |
|
By:
Ooooooooh ! A rollercoaster . I do so loooooooooove a rollercoaster
![]() |
|
By:
Unlucky at arsenal
Played well tonight can’t pick anyone out who didn’t put shift in Antonio unplayable he’s a unit ain’t he |
|
By:
Get in there and deserved after somehow losing to Arsenal when we were also the better team.
|
|
By:
Cresswell af Centre half would said your crazy
|
|
By:
Above Citeh and the Mancs.
![]() |
|
By:
Leicester next week
Could done with them getting a hiding Not dishing one out to city ffs |
|
By:
West Ham have concluded their search for a right-back after signing Vladimir Coufal from Slavia Prague for just over £5m.
David Moyes was on the hunt for a right-back after losing Ryan Fredericks to a hamstring injury and has been tracking Coufal for a while. The Czech Republic international is well known to Tomas Soucek, who joined West Ham from Slavia in January, and Moyes believes the 28-year-old, who has signed a three-year deal with a two-year option, is equipped to adapt to English football. West Ham, who are adamant Declan Rice will not join Chelsea before the transfer window shuts on Monday, have been under pressure following the controversial £18m sale of Grady Diangana to West Bromwich Albion last month. They promised the money for the winger would allow Moyes to strengthen his defence but have found it difficult to complete signings. Moyes wants a commanding centre-back and has failed with bids for Burnley’s James Tarkowski, Fiorentina’s Nikola Milenkovic and Wesley Fofana, who is set to join Leicester from St-Étienne. Milenkovic is valued by his club at £35m, pricing West Ham out of a move. Coufal’s arrival should lift the mood at the London Stadium. The defender won two Czech titles since joining Slavia in 2018, has played in the Champions League and was in the Czech Republic team that beat England last year. “He is a player we have been tracking for some time now and all of our reports have been very impressive,” Moyes said. “He has a lot of attributes and qualities that we believe will enable him to adapt quickly to the demands of the Premier League “We need to give Vladimir some time to settle in but having Tomas Soucek here will help him in that sense, and we are confident that he will make a positive impact and prove to be a great addition to the squad.” . In central defence West Ham have also looked at Napoli’s Nikola Maksimovic, who is out of contract next year, and Swansea’s Joe Rodon. Arsenal’s Calum Chambers could be an option on loan. Moyes has also considered strengthening in other areas and had a bid for the Club Brugge midfielder Hans Vanaken rejected this week. |
|
By:
Vladimir Coufal from Slavia Prague for just over £5m.
What a game he’s had today Who next for cockney boys !!! |
|
By:
Great performance again today and it should have been 3 out of 3 after being mugged at the Emirates.
Man of the Match for me was Ogbonna. |
|
By:
thought Balbuana had a stormer aswell
Sparrow. Cracking performance today. |
|
By:
400/1 on here : West Ham to win both halves and to have more corners in each half . Corners let me down
![]() 40/1 : West Ham to score each half , 2+ corners each half , Leicester 1+ card each half ........... just , only just ![]() |
|
By:
Cresswell completely different player now in that left side of back 3
|
|
By:
https://twitter.com/WestHamClips/status/1312785720990486528?s=08
|
|
By:
Would be nice if rice declared didn’t want to move
Would be nice if noble handed him armband as a jester Surly the fit be few outs or loans to many b team members doing nothing now where out of the cup Snug surly wants to play , lanzini wants to play somewhere if fit Anderson probably want somewhere new for shopping with his mum Pray Antonio Stays fit |
|
By:
Like the freudian slip
![]() |
|
By:
[ This image is no longer available. ]
Neil Finn became the youngest goalkeeper to play in the Premier League (17 years and three days) when he played for West Ham against Manchester City. I can't remember this player but does anyone remember him who apparently only ever played one game? |
|
By:
yeh,Ludo might have been injured ,think Redknapp
asked the league if an emergency keeper could be used. No joy so he had to play Finn.If I remember rightly, Ludo's wife had to sow his name on the shirt for him. Think that may be Ludo's shirt he has on. |
|
By:
Thanks penzance as I couldn't recall him at all.
|
|
By:
West Ham’s hopes of signing Joshua King depend on Bournemouth lowering their asking price for the striker. King, who is currently away on international duty with Norway, is keen on a move back to the Premier League following relegation with Bournemouth and has held talks with David Moyes’s side before next Friday’s deadline for deals between clubs in the Championship and top flight.
West Ham are yet to make a formal bid for King and are weighing up whether to pay £17.5m for a player with less than a year left on his deal. They believe that Bournemouth should accept a lower fee as the 28-year-old, who was the subject of a £25m bid from his former club Manchester United in January, can start talking to suitors about signing a pre-contract from January. Another sticking point could be King’s wage demands. Moyes is keen to strengthen his forward line after the exits of Felipe Anderson and Grady Diangana to Porto and West Bromwich Albion respectively. West Brom are also interested in King but could struggle to meet Bournemouth’s asking price. Huddersfield’s Karlan Grant has been on West Brom’s radar for some time and Slaven Bilic’s need for a striker has intensified after Hal Robson-Kanu sustained a broken arm in the defeat at Southampton. Last week, Bournemouth rejected a €7m bid from Serie A Torino for King but the forward is keen to return to the English top flight. He is understood to be keen to play as a No 9, as opposed to operating as a wide forward, a role he has previously played at Bournemouth. King, who attracted interest from Aston Villa in the summer, has played just 23 minutes in the Championship for Bournemouth. He is one of the club’s highest earners but a wage reduction clause was activated following relegation. West Ham are also keen to strengthen in defence and have an interest in the Swansea defender Joe Rodon. However Tottenham are favourites to sign the Wales defender and are expected to ramp up their attempts to complete a deal for him in the coming days. Swansea are likely to demand £18m for the centre-back, who came through their academy, and could ask Spurs to loan him back to them for the rest of the season. West Ham could move for Watford’s Craig Dawson if they miss out on Rodon. Dawson would cost around £4m and is keen to leave following Watford’s relegation to the Championship. |
|
By:
Clyde Best remembered.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/54485277 |
|
By:
West Ham have signed Saïd Benrahma on loan with an agreement to buy next summer after concerns raised by the winger’s medical forced them into last-minute negotiations over the transfer with Brentford.
Benrahma was poised to complete a permanent move to West Ham for £30m before the deadline for Premier League clubs to buy players from English Football League sides passed, only for the deal to stall following a late twist. West Ham resumed talks with Brentford after medical checks left the Algerian’s move in doubt and managed to reach an agreement over new terms with the Championship club after a day full of uncertainty. The deal to sign Benrahma was described as “very complicated” by one figure close to talks and at one stage West Ham looked set to switch focus to Josh King, who is keen to leave Bournemouth following their relegation from the Premier League. West Ham pressed ahead with their move for Benrahma, even securing a two-hour extension after submitting a deal sheet. A permanent deal was off the table but Benrahma was desperate to secure a move to the Premier League. West Ham agreed to pay an initial £5m loan fee for the 25-year-old, who was one of the best players in the Championship last season and will buy him for £20m plus £5m in add-ons at the end of the season. The player will also sign a five-year deal with West Ham. David Moyes was keen to bring in attacking reinforcements after allowing Felipe Anderson and Grady Diangana to leave. Moyes initially wanted to sign King, who has less than a year left on his contract, but West Ham were reluctant to meet Bournemouth’s £17.5m asking price for the striker since having a £13m offer turned down last weekend. King is a proven Premier League player and the 28-year-old would have brought welcome competition up front. However his contractual situation and wage demands left West Ham wondering if he was value for money. Benrahma is younger and although he is more expensive, Moyes came round to the idea of signing him after discussions with members of West Ham’s board. West Ham’s pursuit of Benrahma has caused some surprise given they initially focused on defensive targets after the controversial £18m sale of Diangana to West Brom last month. David Sullivan, the club’s co-owner, put the academy graduate’s departure down to having too many wingers. Yet West Ham struggled to put the money received for Diangana towards strengthening at the back. While they signed the Czech Republic right-back Vladimir Coufal for £5.4m from Slavia Prague, they missed out on several centre-backs and ended up taking Craig Dawson on a season’s loan from Watford earlier this week. All the same Benrahma, who was linked with Crystal Palace, Fulham and Aston Villa, could prove to be an exciting buy. West Ham, who visit Tottenham on Sunday, will hope he enhances their creativity. |
|
By:
Where is everybody after that incredible game? Still can't believe it and against the deadly enemy with all their multi million pound players and that was just sat on their bench!
We may have been a little fortunate but we never gave up and the equaliser was truly sensational. |
|
By:
we played alright even at 3-0.Looked to
have a goal in us but 3 in the last 10-14 minutes was unreal.Bale should've wrapped the game up ![]() |
|
By:
Texting every spurs **** I know
Even I ones haven’t talked too in years Bus was parked for second half After 25min in that second half didn’t think Where get snif wasn’t our day Poor at the back they made it look easy early doors Than enter pony tail **** sheep “@@@ My old man turn off at half time Put film on still watching it probably don’t know score yet This no fans every game on very exciting Var crazy too take rough with smooth imo Your get done with it so will others |
|
By:
Reincarnated Repka
Pmsl https://twitter.com/WestHamClips/status/1318124634672402434?s=08 Highlight of every Monday this |
|
By:
K pop Aruna Kone
"Rory McIlroy" Romford Riquelme" |
|
By:
Another fine performance as the team continue to make progress this season. Rice was as ever excellent in midfield and ably assisted by Coufal and Bowen. A great goal from Antonio and hope he can soon return to fitness.
|
|
By:
Great first half , second was nail biting
How can you replace Antonio Can’t play 531 with haller imo He needs feeding from wingers Prey he comes back soon as he’s unpickable |
|
By:
David Moyes says West Ham forward Michail Antonio will undergo a scan on his hamstring after being forced off in Saturday's 1-1 draw with Manchester City.
Antonio, 30, gave the Hammers the lead with an acrobatic volley after 17 minutes but was replaced by Andriy Yarmolenko just after Phil Foden's equaliser at the start of the second half. Only Harry Kane has outscored Antonio since the Premier League restart in June and Moyes played down the injury but said the club was being cautious with Antonio given his importance. "We'll have him checked and scanned to see what it is," Moyes said. "He came off against Spurs with something quite similar. He's just feeling something. At the moment he didn't miss any training with it, so we're hoping it's not much. "But look, he's so important to us we have to be really careful. It was his hamstring. He couldn't decide if he was cramping up or what it was but because it's happened in the last two games. We'll get him scanned in the next day or two to see what it is. Another encouraging result means West Ham are unbeaten in their last four fixtures against Wolves, Leicester, Tottenham and City, with two wins and two draws. Following last weekend's stunning comeback at Spurs, Moyes was again impressed by his side's character and said the last four performances reflect the real West Ham after they began the season with an abject defeat to Newcastle. "It's strange, I think we could play much better but I'm really pleased with a point," said the Scot. "You've got to remember Man City have come here twice before and won [by] five and four. We've done some good things, probably more so at times in the first half. We did well. "Second half when they scored it was very difficult. Great character from the players. They showed it last Sunday against Tottenham and I thought they showed it today in a different way. They had to hang on and try to get something and they did it. "After our performance against Newcastle, I was absolutely stunned because I hadn't seen it in pre-season, in the games or in the players," Moyes added. "I had seen what I'm seeing now. I like to put it down as a one-off that it didn't quite happen for us. "What we're doing now is more like us. We have two wins, two draws against teams who are very hard to take points against. I think we're credible, worthy. I actually think we played way better against Spurs than we did today. "We did other things very well today, we're hard to beat, hard to score against. Against City, what they're capable of doing was very good for us today." |
|
By:
Michail Antonio is facing at least a month on the sidelines after suffering a hamstring injury in West Ham’s draw with Manchester City last weekend.
The West Ham striker, who has already scored three Premier League goals this season, went off in the 52nd minute against City and is set to miss Saturday’s trip to Liverpool after scans revealed the extent of the problem. Antonio has become a vital player for David Moyes, who is short of options up front after losing the 30-year-old. Moyes, who was unsuccessful in an attempt to land the Bournemouth striker Joshua King at the end of the previous transfer window, only has two established strikers in his squad. Sébastien Haller, who has struggled since arriving for £45m in the summer of 2019, could fill in at Anfield. Haller is yet to start a league game this season and has fallen behind Antonio in the pecking order. Antonio was outstanding at the end of last season, scoring eight goals in seven games to help West Ham avoid relegation. His strength and speed made him a handful for defenders. However he has struggled with hamstring injuries. He missed three months at the start of last season after having hamstring surgery and encountered fitness problems for much of 2017 and 2018. West Ham, who are unbeaten in four league games, will be left wondering if they require greater depth up front. However Haller, who has scored five goals in all competitions this season, will hope to convince Moyes of his worth if he is given an opportunity against Liverpool. |
|
By:
Antonio was out same stage last season
We fell apart I can remember |
|
By:
Can’t replace someone like him
Unless the system totally changed Can’t risk that against pool |
|
By:
No effort from haller
Don’t want see him near a shirt again Terrible player looks like that **** Anderson Did when he played no interest |
|
By:
We didn't play at our best today and agree that Haller is a complete waste of space who needs to be nowhere near the team. Rice had a poor game also by his standards but Antonio is irreplaceable up front.
|
|
By:
Avastrom needs a sofa
Ffs I could lead up that inside tonight Piss poor effort that |
|
By:
Oops
He go else where snd score a hatfull But no interest in westham £45 mil we paid for that effort |
|
By:
Just another Pellegrini failure to go with the rest of the donkeys he lumbered us with.
|
|
By:
Haller needs to be used right,when he wins the ball
there's no one near him.The service he gets is dire. Got what we deserved just let Liverpool have the ball. Moyes has not won 1 game out of 17 @Anfield in the league. Tells it's own story. |
|
By:
If Pellegrini had been manager today we would have been out of sight by half time. Tremendous progress already by Moyes this season.
|