Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
odwyer1980
23 Feb 08 23:09
| Topic/replies: 404 | Blogger: odwyer1980's blog
Throughout the season, I'll be posting my MLB tips in here for matches that I see as good value bets.

If you're crying out for a dabble on the outright market, look no further then NYY. It's their last season at Yankee Stadium and with them not winning a WS since 2000, they are long due a win.

Not only do their fans demands it, but also their owners and shareholders.

Winning is not an option for this team. You can get them on the outright @ 9's with the option to trade out when they trade much lower in the Summer.

The Boston Red Sox are a lay for certain. There's no way they'll win it again. Altough Big Papi will hopefully be his legendary-self.

Spring Training matches next week, which are equivalent to pre-season football matches over here, for those who don't know. Good for fun bets, but that's all imo. Total lottery and very frustrating.

Spring Training LIVE On NASN:

Minnesota vs NY Yankees - Wednesday, 5 March 6.00pm

LA Dodgers vs Boston - Thursday, 6 March 6.00pm

NY Mets vs Cleveland - Friday, 7 March 6.00pm

Washington vs Detroit - Tuesday, 18 March 5.00pm

For those unsure......

MLB.tv is worth getting as you can see every match, albeit on a 30-60 second delay.

$89.95 for the year which is about 50.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?c_id=mlb

NASN on channel 417 is another must.

MLB UK Supporters Club: http://www.baseballfan.co.uk/

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 265
By:
Proud to be a Northener
When: 23 Feb 08 23:19
Hope this last longer than your 1 or more goal threads :p
By:
Proud to be a Northener
When: 23 Feb 08 23:25
One last thing,if the Yankees are long due a WS win,what about the Cubbies ?
Arent they due ? I mean whats a 8 years compared to a 100 ?
By:
odwyer1980
When: 23 Feb 08 23:31
Cubs don't have the expectation level.

Ryan Dumpster will blow more games with big leads in the 9th as he did last season I reckon. :D

Destroyed peoples bets last year.

Armando Benitez is another nightmare closer who cannot be trusted.
By:
odwyer1980
When: 24 Feb 08 00:05
With regards to closers....

3 closers who cannot be trusted at all and might be worth laying their teams, when they enter are:

Joe Borowski of Cleveland

Ryan Dempster of Chicago

Armando Ben¿ez of Free agency.

Terrible closers in my opinion. Make sure you trade out of bets, even if they have a 3 or 4 run lead. They can easily load the bases, meaning one home run and youre screwed.

Heres some other dodgy closers, albeit to a lesser extent.

Billy Wagner of the Mets

Bobby Jenks of the White Sox

Closers who can be trusted

Johnathan Papelbon of Boston

Mariano Rivera of the Yankees

You feel safe when either of these 2 enter - although it has to be said, Rivera has been less safe the less 2 years, but still trustworthy imo.
By:
Cyanide Sid
When: 24 Feb 08 02:42
you haven't a clue!

Mariano Rivera!

he lost more than he won!..he was hardly reliable last year!

do us all a favour and stick to bandy or something instead of filling this forum up with ya losing tips and clueless ideas!

your the guy that didnt know you could be offside from a corner!..your the guy that started celebrating the other night like you had a winner cos you escaped a big red on each side in the england cricket tie(you never knew that rule)till it was returned back you!...does us all a favour stick to the soccer forum!.and save yourself a few quid and more embarassment!
By:
colo colo
When: 24 Feb 08 05:08
The anticipation of O'Dwyer's regular tipping has me all giddy although Cyanide's rebuttal that Rivera was hardly reliable last year because "he lost more than he won!" is a classic, too. FYI, check out the career W-L record of the all-time saves leaders.

This has the making of NA forum's own "nocko" thread!!
By:
McNabb
When: 24 Feb 08 07:27
Good stuff. Will this thread be around in 2009?

Not sure that the yanks are a cracking bet tbh. I guess a lot depends on the highly rated Joba and Hughes and how they fit in the rotation.

I certainly dont agree with your reasons as to why they will win either lol. Although i agree they will prob trade lower.
By:
BenSprocket.
When: 24 Feb 08 09:56
Yankees worth a dabble because 'it's their last year at YS and they've not won it since 2000'?

Fook, on this logic, My Mets are a shoe-in then!!!!!!!!!! :0
By:
Thompson
When: 24 Feb 08 10:00
A heads up O'Dwyer. Dempster is in the mix to start for the Cubs. It will be Kerry Wood ro Carlos Marmol in the 9th. Not that I'm a moderator, but would be nice if you could try to keep your nonsense on this thread rather than all over the forum.
By:
odwyer1980
When: 24 Feb 08 10:28
I forgot to include another top closer who can be trusted.

Trevor Hoffman of San Diego. If San Diego are winning with 4/5 outs required, it's more or less game over.

Along with Rivera and Papelbon, he'll get it done on a regular basis.
By:
Cyanide Sid
When: 24 Feb 08 11:06
colo colo 24 Feb 07:08
The anticipation of O'Dwyer's regular tipping has me all giddy although Cyanide's rebuttal that Rivera was hardly reliable last year because "he lost more than he won!" is a classic, too. FYI, check out the career W-L record of the all-time saves leaders.

This has the making of NA forum's own "nocko" thread!!

like i said i was talking about last season...what so funny about that clown?

rivera had a poor season last year by his standards FACT!
By:
Proud to be a Northener
When: 24 Feb 08 11:09
Im looking forward to a highly profitable season with Odwyers value selections :0
By:
Proud to be a Northener
When: 24 Feb 08 11:10
Tho Im a bit worried he hasnt mentioned the blown save machine as yet,maybe thats going to be his trump card and his keeping us in the dark.
By:
Cyanide Sid
When: 24 Feb 08 11:10
yes ptban cant wait!

i think the all time classic thread here from odwyer could be hitting top spot a few times this year! ;-)
By:
Cyanide Sid
When: 24 Feb 08 11:11
i mean the win big thread :)
By:
gustav
When: 24 Feb 08 14:25
Booby Jenks is not a dodgy closer, he's one of the best in the AL.
By:
Cyanide Sid
When: 24 Feb 08 20:21
i take it your on about "blowoski" ptban!
By:
Fenway
When: 24 Feb 08 20:26
I thought that Dempster had been relieved of his duties as closer and was going to try for a spot in the rotation. Cubs not sure who will be their closer this year.
By:
thetitan
When: 25 Feb 08 23:26
i honestly dont know anything about MLB (basketball?) but i will be putting money on all of o'dwyer's selections.
By:
Footsoldiers
When: 26 Feb 08 17:11
he's a strategy for baseball for all you insomniacs.

step 1 only place bets on baseball when the top pitcher for a team is at the mound.

step 2 for the first couple of innings back and lay or lay and back then walk away

Basically if a top pitcher is on the mound for a team lay the team who is batting then after 3 outs without any runs back the team back. Then do the same for the 2nd innings then leave alone.

It's great when 2 teams meet who are similar and they play thier best pitchers so you have a face off. you can lay and back and back and lay on both teams for 2 inns then leave it alone.

sometimes a run or a couple of runs come early but not very often. the runs normally come when thier 2nd or 3 string pitchers are at the mound.
By:
colo colo
When: 26 Feb 08 17:20
fred of the year, imo.
By:
gustav
When: 26 Feb 08 18:48
the best strategy is when there are day games on and the sun is shining is to lay the team with the tallest bullpen, as the sun lowers it gets in their eyes more and they throw a lot of wild pitches.

regards
By:
Umbo Mangoman
When: 26 Feb 08 19:09
lay the team who spit the most tobacco as they are obviously very nervous
By:
Cyanide Sid
When: 05 Mar 08 16:01
cmon on lets have the 1st then :)
By:
odwyer1980
When: 05 Mar 08 16:02
Not for Spring training matches. Lottery.

Avoid is sound advice.
By:
Cyanide Sid
When: 06 Mar 08 02:18
so lay everything odds on?
By:
Cyanide Sid
When: 16 Mar 08 22:39
GET UP!
By:
orioles
When: 17 Mar 08 00:31
lol @ gustav :)
By:
odwyer1980
When: 18 Mar 08 18:01
Tip 1

Nothing special, but the result is certain.

Washington to beat Detroit. They are currently 8-0 up and counting - after 6.5 Innings.

1.01 is free money as they say - but you might get more.
By:
Proud to be a Northener
When: 18 Mar 08 18:20
Jesus

not 1.01`s mate ffs
By:
odwyer1980
When: 18 Mar 08 19:47
Tip 1

Nothing special, but the result is certain.

Washington to beat Detroit. They are currently 8-0 up and counting - after 6.5 Innings.

1.01 is free money as they say - but you might get more.

Won
By:
BenSprocket.
When: 18 Mar 08 19:56
*man with head in hands graphic*
By:
Cyanide Sid
When: 19 Mar 08 00:22
odwyer1980 05 Mar 18:02
Not for Spring training matches. Lottery.

Avoid is sound advice.

2 weeks later he's risking his bank on a poor 1.01 shot...IN!.. spring training.

i can see there's gonna be some fun this year with this thread :)
By:
Kaiseress
When: 19 Mar 08 15:30
:^0

This thread is going to be a classic.

This is tipping O'Dear style.
By:
Kaiseress
When: 19 Mar 08 15:31
And he threatened to have me banned before because I put an apostrophe in his username odwyer O'Dwyer............ now he's revealing his identity all over the shop.

Wouldn't be suprised if he got a virus or two through the post :^0
By:
Cyanide Sid
When: 19 Mar 08 16:56
pmsl o'dear
By:
odwyer1980
When: 19 Mar 08 17:32
You may laugh, but it's a start. Tyson never faced Riddick Bowe in his first fight.

Kaiseress, I wish you'd just naff off. You have to be the most despicable poster on this entire site and that says a lot. No doubt I've enticed you into carrying on posting in every thread I make - and believe me, you post in every thread I make.

But will ignore you in future. You're just such a negative in my use of this site. If there was an ignore button you'd be gone in a shot, but that is wishful thinking on my part.
By:
Yen-Hsun Lu
When: 19 Mar 08 17:34
won.0won was a great bet 8-0 up, nice 1
By:
BenSprocket.
When: 19 Mar 08 17:44
*man with head in hands graphic*
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page