Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rubyisgodinthesaddle
03 Mar 12 14:46
| Topic/replies: 4,564 | Blogger: rubyisgodinthesaddle's blog
Is this Young man going to be the stable jockey. Moore doesn't seem interested due to his lack of flexability. I am surprised they would still be courting him despite Moore clearly throwing it back in there face time and time again, and also his numerous Faux Pas last year riding Power in the Newmarket race and the strange riding style on So You Think.

With Joseph's 2 excellent wins at the highest level last back end riding Camelot and St Nicholas Abbey could this be the start of a Father/Son partnership. Owners not a problem in fact Magnier started giving him Group 1 rides still as an apprentice. Does he see something??, Commitment, Dediction, Class and overall a fine young man.

Interesting how the next few weeks will break with the Dubai World Cup. Who ever gets the leg up will be watched very closely by all.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 14  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 14 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 545
By:
neill d
When: 03 Mar 12 14:51
Might reliability with regard to weight hinder him though, also might they want to look more long term
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 03 Mar 12 14:57
Who else is there?? though. Weight could be a problem but they give him every chance.
By:
yourlack
When: 03 Mar 12 15:12
He only has another year riding id say so not much point in giving it to him. Seamie hefferna seriously underrated imo
By:
neill d
When: 03 Mar 12 17:31
They need a name for the front of the catalogue though do they? What is the Wildenstein job like? Ballydoyle have plenty of workriders, not like Soumillon would have to move over, just fly him in for the good midweek Leopardstown stuff and Sundays, I expect he'd be happy to ride in England of a big Saturday anyway and it's not like Coolmore won't be represented in France on their big Sundays.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 03 Mar 12 17:34
Yourlack if he has only 1 more year...why not give it too him.

The argument for Joey to be stable jockey is as good as it ever will be now.

If i was John Magnier i would put him on. He basically is a defacto Family Member of O Brien's so why not??. Magnier has made his Billions and put a dynasty in place for his sons to run for Many decades to come. Surely now the enjoyment of seeing his Young Lad(Joseph) ride his horses to big victories the past few months bound to have made him think.

In life sometimes matter more than the big Name, for a team that are so close and value there team members surely its the right fit for this coming season. I see no other option. Soullimon is a muppet and Moore is not in the league of a Kinane/Fallon and Murtagh as there prime at that outfit.

One person said to me he looks like a young Piggott does O Brien. Who knowsCool
By:
neill d
When: 03 Mar 12 17:42
I suppose who'd have said George Baker would still be riding now, or even Richard Hughes. There is always a lot of hate for Soumillon. Personally, I'd have no problem whatsoever with Jamie Spencer coming back, I thing that is one that will happen, just maybe not for another few years.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 03 Mar 12 17:49
The Thing I don't understand is why do people think we should go outside the Country.

We have plenty of Jockeys up to the job, Men like Fran Berry can ride plenty if given a fair shake. Young Carroll is a fine jockey as is Oxx's lad Curtis. These guys are fantastic Jockeys and will have a fine career if they can keep on the straight road ahead.

Maybe they don't have that obvious choice for a Jockey, Colm O Donoghue for me is arguably the best Jockey riding in Ireland currently riding flat horses but he seems top be restrained in his ambition and Heff doesn't want the job by all accounts. The pressure that comes with the No.1 is tough. But appointing a in house Jockey a family member as talented as JOB is, i see little downside. He is as good as Spencer at his age and much more well rounded and they gave Spencer the job.

Again i can see no reason why not??...and that other O Brien son could be one to look out for. He is much smaller than Joseph who is to say he is not be groomed also for the future. If I said at the start of last season he rode the Maybe and Camelot the 2 best 2yr olds this year in there sex category to Group 1 victories and then rode a Breeders Cup Winner on St Nick we have been laughed out of this forum. Bit of magic happened and no reason why it can't continue.
By:
Rowley Mile
When: 03 Mar 12 19:18
Who knows what next year will hold for them, all good i hope. It would be funny if they didn't appoint a completely new stable jockey as the Sheiks seem to be trying to snap up all the other good ones at the moment, a bit like the stallion wars.
By:
OnTheSnaff
When: 03 Mar 12 19:28
Think they missed a trick by not offering it to Barzalona,a young jockey with bags of potential
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 03 Mar 12 21:10
Just do it connections....2 many what if's in life. Just do it!
By:
JayTrumpOldTomDubbl
When: 03 Mar 12 22:11
No way are they goin to go past last years arrangements, I'd say that 2011 went well, and it will be status quo
By:
lookingforthewildman
When: 03 Mar 12 22:11
That must be the comment of all time on any racing forum.....heffernan doesnt want the job.....take a bow sir.....seamie heffernan will be lucky if hes allowed ride work there this year.....the guy wouldnt ride a rocking horse.....on top of that hes a maggott as well.....
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 03 Mar 12 22:20
Lookingforthewildman

I was not implying Heff is the a good enough jockey what I was implying was that publicly he said he did not want the job after Murtagh's leave and preferred to be a team player.

Not mentioning his riding abilities just being quizzed on the situation before.
By:
lookingforthewildman
When: 03 Mar 12 22:31
Well the team playing he will be doing from now on is cleaning out stables.....and rightly so....easy for him to say he didnt want the job....he was hardly going to be offered it.....
By:
oufies pal
When: 03 Mar 12 22:41
ruby are you on some mind altering substance tonight? prob the best retainer in racing anywhere in the world could go to f.berry,b.curtis,carroll or the second son of a.obrien who hasnt been seen on a HORSE IN PUBLIC AS OF YET? lots of fantasy stuff posted here in the past but this is in the league of a childs fairy tale.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 03 Mar 12 23:08
First of all are you telling me that aob 2nd son wont have a career in someform if he can?...i doubt that. I say he get plenty of chances like joseph. Joseph is clearly goid enough if his weight is okay.    In realation to the young jockeys above i clearly was saying that 10 years fron now hopefully these lads will be good enough to ride for the huge stables. If spencer was choosen why not o brien. Its not like there is a kinane or a fallon waiting for them. Very few top class flat boys around. You clearly thought i was saying now which is insanity i agree for all the above bar joeseph. He is the right fit for me.  Personally there is such a lack of jockeys for the job that are suitable. Its tume to.look in house.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 03 Mar 12 23:11
Does anyone actually think moore us right to stay with stoute. I be surprised if magnier would put up with this. You want the job or not?.
By:
lookingforthewildman
When: 03 Mar 12 23:12
Well if they are looking in house they wont be looking too long at seamie.....not unless they want somebody to make tea or go to the shop.....
By:
oufies pal
When: 03 Mar 12 23:29
i totally agree with you ruby on the lack of top class flat jocks about at the moment not only here but in the uk and europe for that matter.joseph o brien has shown a coolness of head and skill in the saddle that belies his age and experience. he prob would do as good a job as any other to be fair. but at such a young age a high pressure job such as this "bearing in mind that his father is also retained by the same crew"could cause some very serious problems for all concerned if not working out. you mention j. spencer taking on this post at a young age but that ended in tears. i would imagine the present jamie would make a much better fist of things than the youthful jamie of the noughties.
By:
dj876
When: 04 Mar 12 05:37
It made me chuckle when u say Magnier has made his billions and now should enjoy it-Magnier doesn't do sentiment or emotion-he sacked his own godson.

As for Fran Berry being up to the job,completely disagree,imo he rode terribly last season-looked to be lacking confidence.
By:
sh!tgambler
When: 04 Mar 12 09:16
'dj876' in an interview in R.P Spencer said that Magnier is not his godfather but is godfather to Frozzy Stack.
By:
oufies pal
When: 04 Mar 12 09:59
more "don" than john then u recon?
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 04 Mar 12 18:29
Fran Berry for me has the talent but i dont believe he was treated like anything other than a DOG With John Oxx.

Magnier is the only owner that can really make the decision as he is the "boss" Good enough for Camelot and Maybe. Why change now??...would Joseph have won on Misty for Me at the Breeders Cup? i think he would have but that is just hear say as we will never know.

All i know is has not made a mistake yet!!!
By:
punchestown
When: 04 Mar 12 19:04
The young man is good enough to be Stable Jockey imho.
By:
moneypenny
When: 04 Mar 12 19:48
I agree punchestown, he is as good as anyone around at the moment imo.
By:
The Gotchee
When: 04 Mar 12 20:10
I don't think he is good enough. It's just a severe case of nepotism.
By:
soapp
When: 06 Mar 12 18:11
The word is he will be part of the team as in 2011. I don't think there will be any changes although Fallon has a new agent and could chase uk rides.
By:
DeSSieReborn
When: 07 Mar 12 08:00
cant see past him tbh.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 22 Mar 12 14:24
Be Interesting now on Sunday what steering job he gets in the Gladness stakes, Some mouthwatering potential in there.

Aidan has a vintage crop of Fillies, cant remember a year where has has been stocked with so many.

Was
Twirl
Maybe
Wading
Kissed
By:
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y
When: 22 Mar 12 14:25
He rides So You Think in the Dubai World Cup
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 22 Mar 12 14:31
Does he Premier, have not seen that on the wires.

Wow exciting times, surely no 1 if that is true!
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 22 Mar 12 14:32
sorry park express stakes
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 22 Mar 12 14:41
Joseph 6/1 to be Top Irish Jockey.

Surely that is too big if he is top Jockey for the yard!
By:
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y
When: 22 Mar 12 14:53
So i heard Ruby, i think he rides him in all his work at home so would know the horse well
By:
Vubiant
When: 22 Mar 12 15:11
Far too much fuss made about who rides horses . Almost anyone who has mastered the basics of riding and has a modicum of racecourse experience can do it. Ample evidence of that down through the years.
By:
Tolmi
When: 22 Mar 12 15:24
Increase from 9-3 to 9-5 in the weights being carried in maidens will help him also.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 22 Mar 12 16:15
Very Interesting Tolmi and that will be a huge help.

He is just 5/1 now after being cut by Powers and I am surprised he is such a price.
I have him a solid 3/1 considering the fire power he has at his disposal.

He had 58 winners last year 30 odd behind Murtagh and Smullen. Personally I think Murtagh is gone and not sure he will pick up many outside rides. Smullen is the one to beat IMO but again if Aidan throws the full stable behind him it be very hard to see him not in with a shout at one stage of the season.

He will have so many steering jobs in Maidens towards the end of the season it be very interesting. Fair enough he prob will be in England a lot of the time riding but surely this is one chance he may get to win the Jockeys Championship.

Really can't wait to see him ride this season. I have a look on Sunday and see if the sting is forward i be down to Powers to get some of that 5/1 if he gets a few winners this Sunday.
By:
oufies pal
When: 22 Mar 12 19:49
you really think murtagh is done ruby?i thought he did quiet well last season myself. epsom oaks ride of the season for me.
By:
topfarrier
When: 22 Mar 12 19:52
You're entitled to your opinion Ruby but imo Murtagh is the best Jockey in Europe.

By some distance too.
Page 1 of 14  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 14 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com