Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
26 Aug 20 12:27
| Topic/replies: 20,932 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
paterson has put up a kg thread on the chelt forum and very good write up too ,just think its better we have one on the ante post forum ,t real steel is too big at 33s with baldy  imo . no horse was going better on the turn in in the gold cup this fella traded way short in running but in the end  the trip and hill were his undoing . doesnt look fast enough for the ryanaire and the gold cup is too far ,the king george looks ideal imo . switched to paul nicholls from willie mullins and with the same owners who had king george winner silviniaco conte for the same trainer no suprise if connections have this race on their  minds . nichols has the fav and dual   winner clan des obeuax and he will have every chance if lining up  and he will be hard to beat but 33s , nicholls dont mind going mob handed in this race and  also has cyrname and master tommy tucker entered .
cyrname is reprtedly going to down royal with clan des o to see if he stays the 3 mile trip .  could be that he will be running over shorter this season depending on the down royal run . master tommy tucker is talented but been on the deck more times than horatio hornblower so has it to prove a big price tho which i have also taken .
selection king george chase .....real steel 33/1  1 point each way .

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 246
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 26 Aug 20 12:29
my bad clan des obeux 11/2  not 33s ^^^
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 26 Aug 20 12:37
be carefull billies going 33/1 real STEAL ...............real STEEL  not quoted !
By:
impossible123
When: 26 Aug 20 13:07
You're off the block early 'FOYLESWAR'. It was good to see Real Steel is with Nichols. The horse ran well for a long while in the Gold Cup  until his stamina gave way.

The 2x reigning champion CDO and Lostintranslation (if he does not run at Haydock) will be the two for me. This is too short for Santini and too quick for Champ unless his jumping improves significantly.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 04 Oct 20 07:24
in all probability this race will cut up ,last year we had a handfull of runners and could well be the same this time round . real steel cut to 20s baldys .
By:
San Quentin
When: 04 Oct 20 09:21
My thoughts exactly FOYLESWAR re small field, which leads me to believe CDO at 5's is as good as it gets nearly certain barring injuries to take his place, potentially against a small group perhaps 3/4 running for place money with a small bit anything can happen. I see it as a bet to nothing even ew at this stage.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 04 Oct 20 10:11
yes agree with that and took the 11/2 each way 365 were offering ages ago ! does look a massive price and as said a bet to nothing all things equal.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 04 Oct 20 10:28
from the guardian a week or so ago  heres roughly what he said ,clan des will go down royal then  king george and real steel could go there as well "no horse was travelling better on the turn in the gold cup and 3 miles on a track like kempton should be fine" cyrname will go to down royal with clan des o to see if he truly stays 3m if he does then he is in the king george picture .
By:
San Quentin
When: 06 Oct 20 12:47
Looks like CDO heading to Haydock for the Betfair, Cyrname away day to Down Royal
By:
giggitygiggity
When: 06 Oct 20 17:48
COPPERHEAD 40/1 .. Rapid improving novice who went into the RSA with the highest rating but I don't think ran his race like a lot of Tizzard's. Jumps and travels ..still only 6yrs old and a second season chaser so could be anything. Might not turn up but big price worth a nibble.
By:
impossible123
When: 06 Oct 20 18:49
I was surprised to read CDO would be going to Haydock to do battle against Lostintranslation and BDM in the Betfair Chase. I think Nicholls was merely sabre rattling, nothing more. The main target of CDO has always been on Boxing Day at Kempton.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 07 Oct 20 09:28
real steel ,seems to me could well be better going right handed ,plenty of decent form on right handed tracks 33s gone  and 25s still looks value to me been chipping away and getting a fair lump on now each way will keep going in at 25s .
By:
Hibore
When: 19 Oct 20 19:10
Champ likely to go to Ireland over Xmas. Santini not running in this either according to Henderson interview today.
By:
impossible123
When: 19 Oct 20 19:25
Upon us soon. No Champ (Ireland), no Santini (Betfair Chase) an invitation for CDO to walk away with it again. I hope Lostintranslation (if he shows up) will not be as exhausted as he was last season after winning the Betfair Chase.
By:
nocturnal
When: 21 Oct 20 10:51
Did you think he was exhausted BEFORE the KG Imp ?

Two fascinating horses in LIT and Copperhead,from the same yard.

Both it could be argued have polar opposite profiles.

One of them strikes me as a flat track bully,who loves going right handed.

The other copes better with undulating tracks,beautifully balanced horse with stamina in abundance.

Just how much did the wind surgery help LIT,that for me is a key question.

On what we have seen so far,I could not have him at Kempton.

Copperhead could be anything,are they thinking of taking advantage of OR 153 first ?

Even with his profile,I do wonder if he might go Ladbroke,he has form around there.

Just how many horses can produce their optimum going right handed,might be a starting point.

Plenty of time between now and boxing day,intriguing to see how it develops.
By:
GI MAC
When: 21 Oct 20 18:42
Intriguing indeed. It is miles from my type of bet, but CDO can be backed at 4/1 which is very fair IMO, he'll take all the beating again. Immediately behind him in the betting is LIT, Champ, Santini who dont look like Kempton horses to me, even if they turn up.

Everyone else in the betting needs to step up a lot to beat CDO round here, Kemboy maybe, but nothing else for me at this stage.
By:
nocturnal
When: 27 Oct 20 01:30
Thinking aloud for a moment GI.

How would Frodon get on,off level weights around Kempton ?
By:
harry callaghan
When: 27 Oct 20 11:03
Cyrname looked gone at the game last year, it’ll be interesting to see whether Nicholls can get him back but he may of ruined the horse last year. Saturday will tell us more
By:
GI MAC
When: 27 Oct 20 18:56
Interesting noc. We know he handles the course, he'll stay and normally it's decent ground which suits him best imo. The question is whether he can keep up the fast gallop over the distance against the best stayers around; Frodon hasn't really beaten a top notcher, his only G1 was average, so definite questions to answer here. I don't think he'd disgrace himself and if anything happened to CDO its wide open for me, he's still only 8.

He must surely get an entry if they are serious about campaigning him as GC horse, and if Cyrname blots his copybook again over 3miles then he wont be going, Real Steel needs to step up so you never know! Not the worst 40/1 poke.
By:
nocturnal
When: 27 Oct 20 21:00
Yes Harry ..... Enigmatic would be an understatement.

OR 176 over middle distances,nothing in his profile suggests he wants this distance,yet.

The nagging doubt is the trainer enthusiasm for Cyrname,whatever your stance on PFN,he knows a good horse.

There must be something in his home-work,a decent performance saturday would not surprise me.

Frodon is now OR 169 after last weekend.

If we took out all of last seasons runs,surely it would be very hard to find a more improved animal at this sort of level.

Since he had the wind surgery,he has made enormous progress,despite those lacklustre performances last season.

Not even priced up on here for the KG,he would  not look out of place.

Wonderful season 2018/19,perhaps he showed the effects of that last year,all part of the puzzle.

Of course maybe PFN is looking for another pacemaker for the reigning Champ Shocked
By:
harry callaghan
When: 28 Oct 20 08:59
If you are a Frodon lover I did post before the Ryanair last year he was suffering with ulcers last year so that can offer his followers some hope he can get back to his best. Personally I think he could run very well in a good cup and a George. For me better ground is important to him

Just on cyrname I don’t buy this 3 mile thing as he’s only had one go and bombed on the day and the trainer clearly trained him hard to beat altior and he payed for that effort for the rest of the season...if Nicholls can get him back none of these horses can beat him imo he is an exceptional horse
By:
harry callaghan
When: 28 Oct 20 09:00
Gold
By:
GI MAC
When: 28 Oct 20 17:31
It will be fascinating to see how he runs on Saturday, Left Handed, 3miles....
By:
harry callaghan
When: 28 Oct 20 17:40
The way the market is I’d say he’ll run off the 176 at ascot
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 29 Oct 20 08:43
clan des usually needs a run first time but nicholls says he has him ready for the betfair , we all know the main target is the king george and a good showing at haydock   and he could go off pretty short in the king george if things pan out and the race could cut up ,  not a market  i usually get involved in but slybet in their nh specials markets have clan des obeux to win the king george and envoi allen to win any race at the 2021 festival at 14/1 obviously need things to fall into place  envoi is penciled in to make his debut over fences tommorow at down royal ............just a heads up for anyone interested .
By:
harry callaghan
When: 29 Oct 20 09:01
What a shocking price that is foyles should be 33/1..no offence but people need their head testing wanting these types of bets I’d want at least 11/2 clan des obeaux he is no world beater after all and envoi Allen won’t get it so easy this season that is for sure, as much as I like the creature. Anyway good luck with the bet foyles and you may well land it but the odds are not good imo
By:
impossible123
When: 29 Oct 20 09:26
CDO went to Ireland for his 1st run. Maybe a spin at another English track (not Betfair, I think) prior this season given Covid. The King George is his Gold Cup nevertheless.

O/T
Envoi Allen and Shiskin for a Cheltenham double?
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 29 Oct 20 09:28
they are not known for giving it away harry ,you ought to see some of the odds they are offering on these type of bets they would make this look like free money .
By:
harry callaghan
When: 29 Oct 20 09:38
Foyles my friend likes these bets but I do not...the bookmakers just cut horses now for the sake of it and offer poultry prices hoping to mug people off and I don’t like it...envoi Allen is likely to win at 10on tomorrow against some mug horses and will be 6/4 straight after the event. Why rush in when we don’t know what the trainer will do if he goes up in trip hell meet proper horses and normally the marsh is a competitive heat it just doesn’t interest me waiting 3 months on such a bet although I have placed a couple of trixies at a 1000/1 that’s more my bag
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 29 Oct 20 10:06
yes harry i have placed a fair few "life changers " with various firms over the last few months ,we dont expect to cop one but it gives hope and i went close a few years back with 3  ante post festival  winners which copped a fair sum in doubles trebles and singles the 4th and final selection got beat but if it hafd won the bets would have come to well over £350,000 which would have been life changing for me being a smallish stakes punter . anyway back onto the books cutting anything that wins an egg and spoon , gordon has said  the marsh is the target and if things go to plan i can see him being very short odds for all his nov chases up till the fest and as you say he will be cut left right and centre and not hard to see him being fav for that if all goes well , then we have clan des o who we know will be aimed for the king george and could meet a handfull of runners . a lot of ifs buts and maybes but thats the nature of the game . as for backing this far out its the way i get some value sometimes ,obviously a lot can go wrong and does but a few big priced winners can cancel out  the  non runner /losers which inevitably happen
By:
penzance
When: 29 Oct 20 11:41
Cyrname runs in the Charlie Hall.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 29 Oct 20 12:14
not hard to see him being very short priced fav for that

very short priced fav for that^^^^
By:
harry callaghan
When: 29 Oct 20 19:21
2/1 cyrname Saturday? people clearly think this horse gone at the game...what a price to Find out though, should be 3 on here against these horses on these terms imo
By:
harry callaghan
When: 29 Oct 20 19:26
Of course I maybe sniffing glue but what a price that is...I wouldn’t normally back a short one but may have to delve into The coin box
By:
penzance
When: 29 Oct 20 21:11
Nicholls knows a lot more than me about training horses
but the King George effort,to me anyway,says Cyrname is
not a 3 miler.
By:
harry callaghan
When: 29 Oct 20 21:43
Should be easy money getting him laid with all these judges telling me he won’t stay, won’t go left handed, can only run at Ascot and every lot of nonsense they can get their hands on for a small victory which are all completely unfounded...I’ll have to have a rethink with all these analytical opinions which are making me think about it. Just for my own sanity the only thing that will get him beat is the horse is gone and with it all his ability. I fully expect him to win on the snaff and by my own ratings that will be by a comfortable 10 lengths. You can come on after the race penzance and tell me where I’ve been reading wrong after all you’re assessment of the king George certainly gives you credit with me
By:
GI MAC
When: 30 Oct 20 17:01
He's 11/4 now......
By:
harry callaghan
When: 30 Oct 20 17:24
Yes lovely he was 5/2 last night on here I’ve no doubt he has gone at the game but I’m happy to play him one last time At the odds
By:
penzance
When: 30 Oct 20 17:30
why would I want to come on here after the race?
My opinion differs from yours.I don't think he
is a 3 miler,might be totally wrong.We'll find
out tomorrow.
   GL
By:
harry callaghan
When: 30 Oct 20 17:41
Yes but your judging his 3 mile performance on last years king George when he ran like a recalcitrant pig? How can he be judged on that, he was beaten after half a mile not after 2m4f
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com