Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 159 comments are related to the topic:
Epsom Oaks 2018 (1st June)

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 159
By:
impossible123
When: 30 May 18 15:05
Regarding SOC: her owner was keen to run but trainer the opposite. Why delayed the decision to run or not run till today? At least volunteer a reason eg prevailing soft ground, etc, given the no shows by LTD and Magical - that's not too difficult to do, surely.
By:
Jack Bauer '24'
When: 30 May 18 15:10
Soft ground probably swayed his decision.
By:
asparagus
When: 30 May 18 15:28
Yes to me Haggas was reluctant all along but he might have been talked into it by the owner if the ground had been better. Soft ground and it's a relatively simple decision not to run if they think it's not the right thing for the filly. Should be applauded. Quite likely to be heavy ground by Thursday evening.
By:
asparagus
When: 30 May 18 15:29
In fact waterlogged and an inspection Friday morning is certainly plausible looking at the forecast
By:
impossible123
When: 30 May 18 15:35
If torrential rain does materialise tonight and tomorrow afternoon, I'd drive the short distance to see for myself. But I hope it is slow side of good (or better) come saturday afternoon.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 30 May 18 15:51
Just to be clear, I don't have a bet in the race so no pocket talking.He was perfectly entitled to wait until this morning to make a decision (that's surely what the final declaration deadline is for) and said all along he would do so - he'd obviously have a better idea about the likely ground.

I'm more intrigued to see where she will turn up next - it would n't be that surprising if the ground in Chantilly is on the soft side also.
By:
asparagus
When: 30 May 18 16:04
I hope it's slow side of good too but that looks pretty unlikely. Would have to more or less miss all the rain for that. Some places in that area likely to get a deluge but hopefully somehow Epsom misses it.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 30 May 18 19:00
doubt the ground will be heavy. people talking about an inspection, don't be daft!

it's south of england in june, how soft can the ground be? people always overegg these things. every year there's some kind of crazy talk about the ground at this meeting or at royal ascot, and logic prevails and the ground is never that bad.

think it will be a slog but a long way from heavy ground.
By:
Hibore
When: 30 May 18 21:12
The ground isn’t too bad. Depends on the rain fall tomorrow but I’d guess soft would be worst case.
By:
Angela Rebecchi
When: 30 May 18 21:58
Magic Wand at around 5/1 is looking exceptional value given the runners.
By:
crusader2
When: 30 May 18 22:54
Walked some of the track near Tattenham Corner tonight and it was much better than expected. Have certainly known it softer in the past when the official going was Good to Soft. All depends on the rain just wondering if there is a biblical deluge will they postpone the Oaks / Coronation Cup to Saturday?
By:
unclepuncle
When: 31 May 18 07:32
Forecast this morning nowhere near as bad with very scattered storms and most going to the south and west of London- Epsom might not get a single drop today.

Either way I have looked at the race again this morning, focussing on breeding and everything has now become crystal clear - Perfect Clarity wins the Oaks.Laugh
By:
Hibore
When: 31 May 18 09:16
No rain so far today. Heavy cloud only.
By:
asparagus
When: 31 May 18 09:53
Radar still looks pretty bad to me. Be surprised if it isn't heavy tomorrow. Rain arriving by 12.00ish
By:
Hibore
When: 31 May 18 11:02
12pm and getting brighter. Still no rain in sight.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 31 May 18 11:21
I'm in surrey at the moment about 25 miles away, and it's overcast and humid but indeed no rain around and looks like it's brightening up.

wouldn't be surprised if some thunderstorms around though as very muggy.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 31 May 18 11:55
Won't get a drop I tell ya.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 31 May 18 12:54
it's now raining here and the sky is looking extremely dark...
By:
mrtopnotch
When: 31 May 18 13:10
No rain yet in Epsom. Nice and bright and warm
By:
Hibore
When: 31 May 18 13:28
Shower only lasted 5 mins but now bright again. My mate's wife works by the race track which is helpful for days like this.

I'm in Ashtead which is a 2 miles away and no rain here all day.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 31 May 18 14:04
i'm pretty sure there will be rain in epsom http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5790145/UK-weather-Danger-life-warning-issued-hail-torrential-rain-48-hours-lightning.html
By:
Hibore
When: 31 May 18 15:23
Still no rain.

But it looks like it's about to lash down....think our luck has run out.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 31 May 18 15:32
shouldn't you want a bit of rain anyway given you're on wild illusion?
By:
Hibore
When: 31 May 18 15:46
I don't mind a bit of rain but would prefer good/soft or soft. If it gets worse than that it's more of a lottery.
By:
Hibore
When: 31 May 18 16:06
Still no rain and brightening up again. I'm like Lucy Verasamy today.
By:
impossible123
When: 31 May 18 16:07
Very overcast but no rain in Cheam; not looking threatening either just grey sky everywhere.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 31 May 18 16:08
looking at that guineas run, I must admit wild illusion didn't run like a filly who would relish going up to a mile and a half. There was a few who passed her late on.

although that might have been because she was up there with the pace and got tired later on rather than a staying issue.

what seems more worrying is what I was reading in the weekender that she doesn't do very well on trends, in other words the fillies who have been doing well in the oaks in recent years have been more lightly raced, those with group one form who end up going off favourite have been doing fairly badly, food for thought and indeed the trends man was taking her on with confidence.
By:
impossible123
When: 31 May 18 19:15
No matter how much I dislike connections of Wild Illusion given their lack of success from unlimited financial resources I'm beginning to warm to her. Let's hope this is not misguided, and goes some way to rectifying their "confidence" in Masar in the 2000G.
By:
luckyme
When: 01 Jun 18 07:14
Any rain over night lads.
By:
Hibore
When: 01 Jun 18 07:24
May have been odd shower but nothing substantial. Going may be good/soft now
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 01 Jun 18 07:25
slightly worrying that the godolphin filly is wearing cheekpieces. any kind of headgear normally puts me off, although ruler of the world won the derby a few years back wearing them.
By:
Sandown
When: 01 Jun 18 15:17
Interesting. The jockeys have decided that it is faster down the stands rails but on the clock for the first two races, the far side is faster.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 01 Jun 18 15:37
Splendid.Cool
Just need Delano Roosevelt to win now for a life changer.Excited
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 01 Jun 18 22:26
sad to see the hated o'brien crew come up trumps again.

i would love it, love it if his lot came up short in the derby tomorrow.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 01 Jun 18 22:29
call me embittered but hate the lot of that shady crew and have a particular savage hatred reserved for aidan and his false modesty.

hate the guy and wish ballydoyle the worst. hope their whole business collapses and magnier goes bankrupt.
By:
Steamship
When: 01 Jun 18 22:43
Why do you feel like that to them?
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 01 Jun 18 22:54
Steamship 01 Jun 18 23:43 Joined: 01 Apr 10 | Topic/replies: 7,361 | Blogger: Steamship's blog
Why do you feel like that to them?

good question. I've never followed O'Brien and never liked his outfit. Never followed tipsters either. think you need a sheep mentality to do either.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 02 Jun 18 08:13
Share the same views, lewisham. I find it false modesty & the whole operation is appallingly clandestine - punters are unable to figure out what they are up to, only for the 'maiden' to win this particular Oaks. It seems not to matter which horse of theirs wins, just so long as Coolmore wins. There aren't enough questions asked regarding their 'team' tactics in the Classics either. One stable should not be allowed to monopolise things the way they do. It's borderline bringing the sport into disrepute but the fawning racing press never ask questions and just talk about AOB's brilliance.
By:
1st time poster
When: 04 Jun 18 12:22
counting the coronation cup no pundits asking how many so called blue blooded plodders Obrien ran at the weekend, bad news for weld Obrien might aim them at galway for pin money, horses been beaten absolute miles at the weekend,including French race at least 13 or 14 not sighted,chuck in a few from last weekends irish classics and it looks like its a throw as much shoite operation and hope some of it sticks
By:
impossible123
When: 04 Jun 18 16:00
It begs the question...are some of AOB's horses ok? Not getting a placed horse in the Derby from so many arrows dispatched did not instil confidence as to the well-being of some of his charges, I'd have thought.
Page 4 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com