Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
PeteTheBloke
06 Jun 12 21:40
| Topic/replies: 3,706 | Blogger: PeteTheBloke's blog
Market's up today. Cirrus is definitely going apparently. Camelot's entered.

Aiken         
Astrology         
Athens         
Await The Dawn    
Beaten Up         
Brown Panther    
Camelot         
Cirrus Des Aigles    
Dancing Rain    
Danedream         
Deep Brillante    
Dunaden         
Fame And Glory    
Fiorente         
Galikova         
Imperial Monarch    
Kissed         
Learn         
Light Heavy         
Masked Marvel    
Memphis Tennessee    
Monterosso         
Nathaniel         
Parish Hall         
Red Cadeaux         
Reliable Man         
Robin Hood         
Sea Moon         
Shareta         
St Nicholas Abbey    
Testosterone    
Tower Rock         
Treasure Beach    
Vadamar         
Was              
Windsor Palace    
Wrote

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 245
By:
PeteTheBloke
When: 06 Jun 12 21:41
Someone always asks, so...

Market Suspensions:

12pm, 3rd July - Forfeit Stage
    12pm, 16th July - Confirmation Of Entry Stage

This market will close at 10am on the 19th July

Supplementary Stage on the 16th July.
By:
zilzal1
When: 06 Jun 12 23:24
All the way with SNACool
By:
sintonian
When: 07 Jun 12 12:22
I thought the trainer said she will decided between the Grand Prix St Cloud & King George closer to the time...

The likes of Meandre,Galikova are staying in France, I think.

Danedream is a possible runner ..

And I agree with Zilzal .. SNA for me .. not sure where this left-handed/right-handed stuff comes from.
By:
The Headmaster
When: 07 Jun 12 17:50
There's a danger he'll be run in Cup races or used as the hare but I have an increasingly soft spot for Memphis T.  Would like to know what the plan with him is......#fatfookinchance
By:
PeteTheBloke
When: 07 Jun 12 18:00
I had hoped Treasure Beach would be a good horse this year, but he's not shown much yet.

It would be great to see Camelot turn up against some of these older horses.
By:
elisjohn
When: 07 Jun 12 21:27
i posted just after the derby, the kg could be run exclusivly by coolmore runners, as far as i see no 3 year old from uk in the listCry, nathaniel might run that about itimo
By:
dtamutants
When: 07 Jun 12 23:53
It's the target for both Danedream and Cirrus last I heard, and surely Nathaniel will go for it again as well. Sea Moon must rate as a likely runner as well, and it's the plan with Dancing Rain if Haggas can get her ready in time.

Might be being optimistic, but it could actually be one of the strongest for a while.
By:
HorseRacingExpert
When: 08 Jun 12 09:06
Ballydoyle have this race in the bag,they will send either SNA or CAMELOT and one of them will win.
By:
A_T
When: 08 Jun 12 10:45
Hopefully Danedream and Cirrus turn up for this one.
By:
Platini
When: 08 Jun 12 13:36
I wouldn't write off Nathaniel so easily. Very good horse last season and could be even better a year older.
By:
sintonian
When: 08 Jun 12 15:00
Sea Moon a likely runner if he runs well in the Hardwicke at Royal Ascot.
By:
tinkler
When: 09 Jun 12 11:40
Could SNA run in the Grand Prix de ST cloud instead of this,
which apparently is an option for Danedream.
It must be tempting for Ballydoyle to run Camelot with all
the weight allowances he'll be getting.
  It's difficult to predict exactly waht AOB will run, hopefully he won't leave it until the last minute again before
he confirms his intentions.
The race seems to have gone downhill in recent years ,hopefully most of the leading players will line up and
make it a race to savour.
By:
dtamutants
When: 09 Jun 12 11:53
SNA is not entered in the GP de Saint Cloud tinkler. AOB's only entries are Await the Dawn and Treasure Beach
By:
tinkler
When: 09 Jun 12 12:00
OK thanks. Is it possible to supplement him?
Re the Prince of wales , Golden lilac is listed with prices
next to him on BF yet isn't entered for the race . Can he be
supplemented for that too ?  How are you supposed to know
which races horses can be supplemented into.
By:
A_T
When: 09 Jun 12 12:25
hopefully he won't leave it until the last minute again before he confirms his intentions

Why would they change the way they do things now?
By:
PeteTheBloke
When: 09 Jun 12 12:47
Apparently they've said Camelot won't race older horses till Longchamp, if he goes there.

Supplementary dates are always given in the Betfair rules summary next to the race, tinkler.
By:
elisjohn
When: 09 Jun 12 13:10
tinkler, look on ante postrace market  on here, see the rules on right hand side, scrool down and it says dates of supplements etc
By:
tinkler
When: 10 Jun 12 18:33
OK thanks John and Pete.
By:
HorseRacingExpert
When: 11 Jun 12 12:35
been told by my ballydoyle contacts,that Camelot will not take on older horses over 12f until the arc,if he goes that route,so we wont be seeing him in the KG,looks like SNA has this wrapped up,even if CDA and Danedream show up
By:
The Headmaster
When: 11 Jun 12 13:14
What line of form gives you that impression, 'HRE'?
By:
HorseRacingExpert
When: 11 Jun 12 13:40
The line of form that says CDA will not enjoy the likely good/firm ground and SNA will love it

The line of form that SNA would have beaten CDA in dubai had joey given him a better ride

The line of form that says i'm willing to take a chance that Danedream will not be able to reproduce her arc performance again

and finally,The line of form that suggests that SNA has very much improved again this season

He is the bookies favorite Headmaster,so start laying him if you feel that he is bad value
By:
roobuck
When: 11 Jun 12 13:44
AOB did say that has taken him a bit of time to get SNA back after he rushed him for the Guineas and he did look very good at Epsom.

That being said I'd agree with platini about Nathaniel if he makes it. OK he needs to prove himself as a 4yo so that at the revised weights he can maintain the form with SNA from last year's race. That would especially be the case if there was juice in the ground
By:
A_T
When: 11 Jun 12 14:03
Been very quiet about Nathaniel has Gosden said when and where he's coming back?
By:
The Headmaster
When: 11 Jun 12 14:46
'HorseRacingExpert',

Lines of form do not include hunches about what the ground will be like, although I'm sure we all welcome your optimism that this torrential rain will, at some point, cease. 

Neither do they include hunches that last year's Arc winner will not reproduce that form...especially when she's already come out at 4 and won her only start to date.

I would agree that SNA looked quite snappy at Epsom, but beating Red Cadeaux off levels on fast ground isn't normally that hard, is it?

It is much harder to agree with your assertion that any horse at this stage, including St Nichols Abbey, has the King George 'wrapped up'.
By:
HorseRacingExpert
When: 11 Jun 12 15:54
SNA has the KG WRAPPED UP headboy and you can take that to the bank!
By:
Mr Eboue
When: 11 Jun 12 17:26
Be a shame if a horse like SNA won a race as good as this.
By:
sintonian
When: 11 Jun 12 18:55
I think that is the trick with SNA this season. The trainer, although always dangerous to take his words literally, has said it is only now that the horse is getting back to his brilliant best, i.e his 2yo form.

There is a theory that he likes going left handed, but I dont see myself.

And that race at the Curragh where he got beat due to another shocking tactical ride from young Joseph has had the form boosted by Sharestan yesterday.
By:
sintonian
When: 11 Jun 12 18:58
I dont think SNA has the race wrapped up by any means, but he certainly is the one to beat,imo.
By:
A_T
When: 11 Jun 12 19:24
The SNA we saw last season is as good as he will be - that might be good enough to win this year's KG.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 11 Jun 12 20:58
Dont see Camelot turning up for the KG.
Took the small ££ that was on here for Imperial Monarch (22.0) and Sea Moon (10.5) could see them both line up.
SNA was very impressive at Epsom, but he was not beating top 1m4f horses, KG will be more of a test for him against tough if most of the top 1s line up.
It will be interesting to see where Imperial Monarch goes next, think he is the 2nd best 1m4f 3yo colt in training.
It will prob depend where Camelot goes next (Irish Derby)?
By:
The Headmaster
When: 12 Jun 12 09:49
IM looks an absolute natural for the Grand Prix to me.  Wouldn't stop him running in the Irish Derby of course, although I don't think I'd run him in that if Camelot was going there.  If he was bouncing I'd go King Edward then Longchamp.  If not, straight to Paris.
By:
tinkler
When: 12 Jun 12 14:38
SNA's record over 10f +
LH 1 2 1 1 1
RH 2 5 3 3 3
G/f  1 1 1
G    2 5 1
g/s or soft  2 3 3 3
Literal interpretation of these stat's suggest he's at his best on fast ground on a Left handed track.
Delve a little deeper and these stats could be a bit deceptive. When he won the breeders cup on Firm
the ground looked pretty loose on top ,which he handled well also 2 of of his other defeats with cut in the ground came in prep races. The LH stat is a bit more difficult to overlook and in the past he may not
have been ideally suited by going RH but last year he didn't look suited by the undulations of Epsom
yet this year he adapted to them well. He may have matured and grown out of his tendancies or the stats
could just be a coincidence. Throw in that he appears now to wear a tongue tie and the waters become murkier.  At this moment in time my view of the horse is that he could well be approaching his prime and
be a late developer. The form of his Epsom win doesn't read anything special but pre-race he looked like
he'd developed significantly from 4 -5 and he appeared to exude significant power during the race that he
hadn't shown before. On good or faster ground he could be difficult to beat at Ascot.
By:
The Big O
When: 13 Jun 12 03:21
Top post Tinkler
By:
bazzar
When: 13 Jun 12 09:10
But is SNA good enough?
By:
zilzal1
When: 13 Jun 12 09:37
Still like to see them run a pacemaker for him. Think he was used quite early in the Arc being up in the van all the  way and as we've seen at Churchill Downs and Epsom coming  from behind rather than forcing him suits better

Not a price id be playing at though
By:
sintonian
When: 13 Jun 12 21:07
He was used as a pacemaker in the Arc wasn't he? Certainly looked that way.
By:
PeteTheBloke
When: 23 Jun 12 11:35
We might know a bit more about this race after today.
By:
Mr Mischief
When: 23 Jun 12 14:16
Winner all right. Sir Stoutey's got it it again
By:
The Headmaster
When: 23 Jun 12 14:19
I've definitely underestimated Sea Moon. With more improvement to come, he's a big player in any international 12f G1.
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com