Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Anaglogs Daughter
15 Feb 12 10:26
| Topic/replies: 29,479 | Blogger: Anaglogs Daughter's blog
Leading Qipco 2000 Guineas fancy Dabirsim will sidestep the Newmarket Classic and stay at home for the French equivalent instead.

Trainer Christophe Ferland has decided the English race comes too early in the season and he is not keen on travelling his stable star at such a premature stage. However, Ferland has raised the exciting possibility of the unbeaten colt coming to Royal Ascot for the St James's Palace Stakes.

"We've decided he's going to stay in France. The 2000 Guineas at Newmarket is very early in the season. The way he runs, I just think Longchamp will suit him more than Newmarket and Newmarket is a long way to travel so early in the season," said Ferland.

"I think we will come over to England for the St James's Palace at Ascot.

"He's done very well through the winter and looks fantastic. We will give him a run before the French Guineas, he'll run in the Prix Fontainebleau at Longchamp.

"Hopefully, he'll run in both of them and then go to Ascot. It's very important for his future career as a stallion that he can win international races, so fingers crossed."

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 16  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 16 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 638
By:
VikingRidge
When: 15 Feb 12 21:25
You can now add an extra 2 lengths onto Harbour Watch's winning distance now Love
By:
unclepuncle
When: 19 Feb 12 08:39
Been looking at the race this last week and on decent going I'm still keen on Top Offer - I know his maiden win hasn't exactly worked out brillaintly but he really did look all class and Roger Charlton was unusally effusive about him.

The other one I like is Bonfire of Andrew Baldings - espeically if it comes up soft.

Won't back them till I'm sure they are intended runners though.
By:
The_LUFCwaffe
When: 19 Feb 12 11:32
I concur on Top Offer.

I like it when a horse can win on its debut like he did. Looks all over a 2000 type of horse.

Bonfire? Looks stonking value for the Derby...not so sure about the 2000, and I hope Balding will prepare the horse with the Derby in mind.

I'll also be keeping tabs on the Beckett horse that followed Bonfire in on his debut
By:
The_LUFCwaffe
When: 19 Feb 12 11:35
^ Cubanita for the Oaks
By:
unclepuncle
When: 19 Feb 12 12:00
I'm already on Bonfire @ 33/1 for the Derby LUFC (just hoping they don't aim at French Derby instead), though I also think Imperial Monarch is a cracking Epsom bet at 25/1 - hugely impressive on debut and could hardly be better bred to be a Derby winner.
By:
Senor El Betrutti
When: 26 Feb 12 16:25
I was just looking through the prices for this on oddschecker and I think I found one of the worst Ante Post bets ever! Lilbourne Lad 25/1 with Bet Freddy and others. So they expect this horse to fail at stud and be put back into training. Then somehow they think he might stay a mile and so they're offering 25/1! I wouldn't exactly call that value!!
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 07 Mar 12 13:40
Aidan O'Brien's Camelot is the star name among 63 entries for the Qipco 2000 Guineas at Newmarket on May 5.

Already a Group One winner thanks to his stunning victory in the Racing Post Trophy, the unbeaten colt currently heads the market for both the Guineas and the Investec Derby, and is one of 11 entries for the Ballydoyle handler as he chases a sixth win in the race.

Born To Sea, trained by John Oxx, and Jim Bolger's Dewhurst winner Parish Hall add to the Irish challenge, while Harbour Watch is among eight possibles for Richard Hannon.

French trainer Mikel Delzangles, successful with Makfi two years ago, has two contenders in Dragon Pulse, formerly with Jessica Harrington in Ireland, and Hermival.

The handler said: "The 2000 Guineas is a race we are considering for both horses. They will both run once before that in the trials - one will run in the Prix Djebel (Maisons-Laffitte, April 5) and the other in the Prix de Fontainebleau (Longchamp, April 15). We will see what happens there and then decide after that.

"Dragon Pulse has been with me for three weeks. I was impressed with his Irish form, and he looks like he is a very decent horse. He has not done any work for me yet, but physically he has all the looks and size to make a champion.

"Hermival won quite impressively at Saint-Cloud and I like him. He is not a show horse, but he is a very hard worker and if he improves he could be a very good horse. Although he won on heavy ground, I think he will be fine on better ground."

Another French possible is Nicolas Clement's French Fifteen, who has been bought by Sheikh Al Thani after winning the Criterium International Saint Cloud.

Clement said: "The plan now is to run him in the Prix Djebel (before Newmarket) and he is a colt who needs a true early pace to show his best. He has a good turn of foot and could be ridden by Olivier Peslier if he isn't claimed by the Wertheimer brothers as he now has a second retainer with Sheikh Al Thani."

Matusalen is the Spanish-trained entry for Mauricio Delcher Sanchez, who has already enjoyed significant success in Britain having saddled Equiano to success in the 2008 King's Stand Stakes at Royal Ascot
By:
blackbarn
When: 07 Mar 12 19:10
Anaglogs - you said you would not post this unattributed, undated, plagiarised editorial stuff.  What went wrong?
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 07 Mar 12 19:28
It's the run up to Cheltenham, i done what most trainers do at this stage of the season...lie.
By:
blackbarn
When: 07 Mar 12 20:28
I don't think you have lied, you have just done what you usually do, quote verbatim other people's words, without credit or attribution.

Do you have any opinions of your own? I don't mind lies, as long as they are your own!
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 07 Mar 12 20:54
Oh sorry i see what you mean..It's a bookmakers site so i don't know if Betfair will allow it but i'll post it. I think everyone knows i couldn't sentence a string together... Here's the link if i get banned i'll come back to haunt you when i die..

http://betfred.chromaagency.com/news
By:
blackbarn
When: 07 Mar 12 21:04
Thanks Anaglogs, apology acceptedWink  Not difficult to attribute words to banned orgs as you have admirably demonstrated in the past.

Btw I think your sentences are fine but probably best not to start one with "I done what...." as incoherence can mislead.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 17 Mar 12 20:21
Big move for Top Offer today - now best priced 8/1 Shocked
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 17 Mar 12 20:39
Charlton's Top Offer all the rage for Guineas

By Paul Eacott 6:45PM racingpost.com  17 MAR 2012

TOP OFFER, the winner of a Newbury maiden on his sole start as a two-year-old, emerged on Saturday as the likeliest danger to Camelot for the Qipco 2,000 Guineas after he was the subject of an across-the-board wholesale gamble.

With Cheltenham out of the way, punters sights turned to the Flat and Newmarket in May and it was the Roger Charlton-trained son of Dansili that they all wanted to know.

Having started Saturday as a 14-1 chance for the May 5 Classic, Top Offer was no bigger than 8-1 by the end of the day as punters latched on to him.

Top Offer ran out a three and a half-length winner of a 7f maiden back in August after which Charlton said: "I've always thought he was my best two-year-old and I think he's potentially better than Cityscape."

He held a whole host of entries in the big end of season juvenile races at that stage but got loose returning to Charlton's yards a fewweeks after and injured himself which prevented him from running again before the end of the season.

The four horses who finished directly behind Top Offer came out and won or finished second on their next starts and Coral spokesman David Stevens suggested that the move for Top Offer was from good sources.

"We saw some well informed money for Top Offer this morning and with Cheltenham out of the way I guess people are looking at the Guineas.

"We were impressed with the horse when he ran at Newbury and wanted to keep him onside so that is why we cut him straight into 8-1 from 14-1."

William Hill also cut Camelot, brilliant winner of the Racing Post Trophy, and now make him just 9-4 favourite (from 3) for the Guineas.
By:
Steamship
When: 17 Mar 12 21:36
This is going to be same for me as 2010 when I backed Workforce AP for the Guineas and not the Derby. This time I'm on Top Offer for the Derby and I've missed the price for Guineas.
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 18 Mar 12 08:58
By James Burn racingpost.com

TRAINER Roger Charlton has played down the market moves for his Qipco 2,000 Guineas contender Top Offer, saying a tipping line could be behind the support for the promising three-year-old.

The unbeaten maiden winner, who races in the colours of Frankel's owner Khalid Abdullah, was cut across the boards to 8-1 on Saturday for the Newmarket Classic and is only 7-1 with BetVictor.

Charlton, however, attempted to curb speculation of an eyecatching pre-season workout.

"No impressive gallops yet, trials not for another 5 weeks...probably a tipping line now Cheltenham is over," the Derby-winning trainer posted on Twitter.

Racing Post Trophy winner Camelot is the general 5-2 favourite for the 2,000 Guineas.
By:
Tascro
When: 18 Mar 12 11:16
any news on born to sea lads? guineas still the plan?
By:
roobuck
When: 18 Mar 12 12:49
All the time Laddies stay shortest on Nephrite, I will remain hopeful that he will be AOB's no 1 for this
By:
taffy
When: 18 Mar 12 15:02
Also support for Most Improved from 25/1 into 14/1.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 18 Mar 12 16:38
taffy
18 Mar 12 15:02

Also support for Most Improved from 25/1 into 14/1.

IIRC I think Sintonian advised him at 50/1 a while back.Wink
By:
Masterminded
When: 19 Mar 12 20:01
Fred has just taken £100,000 on Camelot apparently
By:
sinfin
When: 19 Mar 12 20:40
that was in liros he woulnt take a bet he shud ave is licence revoked cant lay a egg
By:
VikingRidge
When: 19 Mar 12 22:56
Anyone have any news from Mr Hannon? Last I read Harbour Watch was "hopeful" for the race... Which at this early stage is worrying... Especially as I've been backing him for months and months.

He imo is undoubtly going to be the best 3 year old miler of the season, whether he makes the English 2000 is a different matter though. His performance at Goodwood was awesome, and for my money far more promising for the 2000 than any other performance last season. Camelot will not be quick enough imo. Form of the RP Trophy looks shakey to me as well.
By:
sintonian
When: 20 Mar 12 09:09
I think there was a recent update which was more upbeat, he usually updates his website regularly so worth a read.

Yes Uncle. Just looked at Oddcheckers and seen his a top price 12/1 with some firms 10/1. Hopefully that is informed money!
By:
roobuck
When: 20 Mar 12 09:47
Perhaps they are more hopeful that HW will make the race.

However Hannon is like HRAC and a creature of habit - they much prefer to give their horses a prep before the Guineas and the fact he's not having one is to my mind a big negative I'm afraid. If he is not ready to race 3 weeks before then they cannot afford him to miss another day's work.

I agree that a very promising horse, just fear that won't be at his very best if he makes it.
By:
sintonian
When: 20 Mar 12 16:03
Most Improved, Manton’s top rated two-year-old of 2011, has been pleasing Brian Meehan as he approaches a crucial stage of his Classic preparation. Brian reports that Most Improved has “grown and filled out. We are very pleased with how he looks and he is now doing fast work”.

The Lawman colt had a three-race campaign as a juvenile. He was probably a little unlucky when going under by a short head to Kinglet – a winner twice during the Meydan carnival in recent weeks – in a seven-furlong Newmarket maiden on his debut in August. He returned to the July Course two weeks later and ran out the five-length victor of another decent maiden over the same trip.

His final run was in the Group 1 Dewhurst Stakes when he finished third, less than a length behind the Jim Bolger-trained Parish Hall, a run that earned an end-of-season rating of 115, 4lb behind joint European champions Dabirsim and Camelot.

Subject to all going well with Most Improved, his expected target will be the Craven Stakes, followed by the 2,000 Guineas. Should he fulfill those engagements with a degree of success, it will be an amazing replay of the formative stage of the career of another stable stalwart Delegator just three years earlier.

In August 2008, Delegator finished second on debut in a 7f Newmarket maiden, and then comfortably broke his maiden over course and distance three weeks later. His final juvenile run came in the Dewhurst when he was fifth, just over a length behind another Jim Bolger colt, Intense Focus, after which he received a season-end rating of, you guessed it, 115!

For Delegator it was a case of so near but so far. He won the Craven Stakes in brilliant fashion, and looked to be the probable winner of the 2,000 Guineas until getting mugged close home by, of all horses, the peerless Sea the Stars!
By:
roobuck
When: 20 Mar 12 17:04
Getting excited sint? Certainly not the worst news is it?
By:
Howellsy
When: 20 Mar 12 17:53
I'd love Harbour Watch to turn up, as he'd be making the market. Surely wouldn;t stay the Guineas mile.
By:
differentdrum
When: 20 Mar 12 18:29
Would be interesting to know the reasons behind the support for Top Offer. At the moment he is just another maiden winner from a stable who don't have a history of getting horses ready early. Does it reflect a positive for Top Offer plus a negative about some of the others? I am on Harbour Watch at 14/1 but given the stamina question mark and troubled preparation it would be hard to be optimistic even if he lines up.
By:
roobuck
When: 20 Mar 12 18:37
He was well touted before his debut and stories of horses looking to avoid him in the Craven as that had been his target.

As we all know, happens every year ie promising maiden winner, reported as being well and on target for the race = price cut
By:
redal2
When: 20 Mar 12 21:04
From the Hannon website on March 15th
  "Harbour Watch is still ticking along nicely, but he had that injury last year and if Newmarket comes too soon we will leave him until the Irish 2000 Guineas, and then, of course, we have the St James's Palace Stakes at Royal Ascot."

Sad
By:
sintonian
When: 21 Mar 12 13:11
Long way to go yet Roobuck and it is a competitive race. He needs to win the Craven first to have any chance in a Guineas. But happy with the price.
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 21 Mar 12 13:49
Punter Stakes £100,000 on Camelot to Win the 2000 Guineas
http://www.racingbetter.co.uk/news/2012/03/35_betfred.html

As the dust finally settles on this year’s Cheltenham Festival, punters are quickly turning their attention to the forthcoming flat season and one Betfred customer especially will be keeping a close eye on proceedings having struck a monster bet on the first classic of the season.

The punter walked into a Betfred shop in Rochdale yesterday afternoon and placed a £100,000 bet on Camelot at 3/1 to win the QIPCO 2000 Guineas in just over a month’s time. Betfred were top-price on Aidan O’Brien’s colt before the bet was struck but understandably the Warrington-based firm have now cut the Racing Post Trophy winner to 9/4.

“Camelot couldn’t have been more impressive when taking last year’s Racing Post Trophy but I’m happy to take the punter on as history is littered with impressive juveniles who fail to step up to the mark in their classic season,” said Betfred chairman Fred Done.

Top Offer is the 8/1 second-favourite for the 2000 Guineas with Betfred with the trio of Harbour Watch, Most Improved and Nephrite all next in the market at 10/1
By:
roobuck
When: 21 Mar 12 17:19
He was well touted before his debut and stories of horses looking to avoid him in the Craven as that had been his target.

Sorry this should have said Dewhurst as I was referring to last year - not actually seen anywhere that Top Offer is headed to the Craven. Does anyone know if this actually is Top Offer's next target?
By:
elisjohn
When: 21 Mar 12 17:57
5 weeks before guineas and weve no ideas about plans etc for guineas horses, yet we get everything in r post etc about chelt 2013
By:
Howellsy
When: 21 Mar 12 19:39
Elisjohn, like you I am excited about the Guineas, but 5 weeks is a little bit of an exaggeration! I make it 7. At this stage, every week counts!
By:
DMCK
When: 21 Mar 12 21:10
was reading my eamil from HRI and they infered that Born to Sea was likely to go to the irish gun=ineas ratehr than the newmarket, first time iv worried about my antepost bet
By:
VikingRidge
When: 21 Mar 12 22:18
I really dont think there are "stamina" doubts. His breeding is very positive about him getting the mile from the dams side. Granted Acclamation is quite a big speed influence, but enough of his progeny have got 7f-9f (based on RP stats). Personally I think he will get the mile well enough. His style of running at Goodwood also was very promising with regards to the mile trip. Stayed on very well over 6f, and he was pushed along from 2f out.

My only doubt is whether he gets there fit enough. Im going to be arrange a trip to the Irish 2000 just incase he's not at Newmarket.
By:
VikingRidge
When: 21 Mar 12 22:18
I really dont think there are "stamina" doubts. His breeding is very positive about him getting the mile from the dams side. Granted Acclamation is quite a big speed influence, but enough of his progeny have got 7f-9f (based on RP stats). Personally I think he will get the mile well enough. His style of running at Goodwood also was very promising with regards to the mile trip. Stayed on very well over 6f, and he was pushed along from 2f out.

My only doubt is whether he gets there fit enough. Im going to be arrange a trip to the Irish 2000 just incase he's not at Newmarket.
Page 1 of 16  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 16 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com