Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sintonian
28 Nov 11 14:23
| Topic/replies: 28,190 | Blogger: sintonian's blog
4 weeks to go until Wales' biggest raceday.

Synchronised 7/1
Beautiful Sound 10/1
Carruthers 12/1
Galaxy Rock 12/1
Wymott 14/1
Master Overseer 14/1
Giles Cross 14/1
The Minack 14/1
Hey Bg Spender 16/1
Neptune Equester 16/1
Western Charmer 16/1
Prince De Beauchene 20/1

Early dart for me is last years runner-up, Giles Cross. His course form reads 12F12. He is 6lb higher than last year which seems reasonable given he comes into the race on the back of a win under top-weight, where as last year he was pulled-up in the race prior. He also jumped well last time and i'd not be surprised to see Victor Dartnal put up a claimer, but no worries if not.

The horse has had a 6 week break since winning, which is the same amount of time between races going into the race as last season, so you would hope this is the main target.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 173
By:
liam the lips
When: 28 Nov 11 15:01
Tarablaze is interesting off 139 here, got a couple of entries this weekend ive just noticed. Take it Synchronized is off 159 still ? Cannington brook has plenty of upside off 128 but will be wrong at the weights here if last seasons victor turns up which looks likely.
Backed GC last year sint when he ran a cracker in this, albeit always playing second fiddle up the straight.
Synchronized with only 7 chase starts, must still have his best days ahead of him too, i could see him framing in a Gold cup granted his beloved soft, so is a worthy fav imo on the back of another eyecatching hurdle prep.
If i remember rightly a victory at chepstow is a strong trend for this so thats 2 of my fancies wiped out !!Can you bring the trends up from last year sint, i dunno how to Grin
By:
sintonian
When: 28 Nov 11 15:23
Not entirely sure what the trends are Liam, but off the top of my head you want course form and a recent run. You also want to avoid horses that ran in the Henessy Gold Cup as they have a shocking record (Wymott & Carruthers)

Synchronised is off 155, I think, and is a worthy fav.
By:
TINnotaTON
When: 28 Nov 11 15:24
One of my favourite races this, synchronised will be part of my stakes as will WYMOTT, m'cain states he could run and 14's is a fair price. could be half that come raceday.  softer ground at chepstow will suit better than the going at newbury an i thought he ran well there.
By:
TINnotaTON
When: 28 Nov 11 15:25
thanks sint,
By:
TINnotaTON
When: 28 Nov 11 15:27
synchronised it is then Cool
By:
sintonian
When: 28 Nov 11 15:48
So far i've backed Giles Cross.

Possibility McCoy may ride Galaxy Rock if he runs .. ?
By:
dan hardcore
When: 28 Nov 11 16:02
As De Fer could't really have won any easier today. Big rise in class to come, but will be about 10lbs well in with his 4lb pen. Will have no weight, will love the ground, and pretty unexposed as a 5yo.
By:
CROPSICK
When: 28 Nov 11 17:22
Summery justice,also Telenor up to now
By:
sintonian
When: 28 Nov 11 17:29
Any ideas as to the record of 5yo's in the race Dan ? Must be quite a slog for such a young horse I would have thought. He is definitley going in the right direction though and will like conditions as you say.
By:
sintonian
When: 28 Nov 11 17:31
As Der Fer is currently a 20/1 chance. fyi.

After Prince De Beauchene's very respectable run in the Troytown yesterday at Navan, will he be coming over ? He is a half brother to a previous winner of the race, Miko De Beauchene.
By:
dan hardcore
When: 28 Nov 11 18:10
Yeah trip and jumping would be the doubt for ADF - prob the 2 main things you'd look for in a welsh national winner! But he's got a seasons chasing behind him already so i wouldn't worry about his age.
By:
Zippie..the..hippie
When: 28 Nov 11 19:38
Synchronised Synchronised Synchronised

This is close to my fav horse of all time because he makes my pocket feel so good.

I genuinely believe this horse is a total monster when the ground is unraceable as shown last year here and Uttox where he was not entitled to be so close.

I backed the first and second last year and will do so again.

I love Giles Cross and the trainer is an absolute master with staying chasers but if it rains I will be smashing little Synchronised again as quite simply most horse do not have the stomach for Chepstow in the mud whereas this fella simply loves it and he will be trained to the minute for this as he was last year.

This is HIS race. Bonanza Boy MK II
By:
GI MAC
When: 28 Nov 11 19:52
Synchronised is the obvious one, being aimed at the race again, I liked the way he ran the other day.

I'm also sweet on Viking Blond, NTD has aimed him at this race after his chase debut, must think a lot of him to run a novice in this. He has the course form, is a stayer and loves a bog. A mark of 140 should see him with a decent weight. Has plenty going for him, 20/1 is fair enough I think.
By:
Beryl
When: 29 Nov 11 09:42
Cropstick, you´ve mentioned the two I´m interested in. Of the two, Telenor is the one I´m most interested in. Given his breeding I think he was born for a race like this.

Just hope the trainer will bring him over. I´d be hopeful of that as he has already won this race with Notre Pere.

I think Sunday´s race will have brought him on a buddle.
By:
Beryl
When: 29 Nov 11 09:43
^^bundle
By:
Rod Tidwell
When: 29 Nov 11 17:48
Thought this test was made for Any Currency last year until an injury ruled him out. Aimed at it again now and will be watching his planned prep for it this weekend very much with an eye on this bigger prize
By:
Zippie..the..hippie
When: 29 Nov 11 18:28
Please stop with this nonsence and pile into the Pocket Battleship od loooose Mischief ( kiddin )

I just see this little fella as a bottomless pit of stamina and AP know exactly how to put him to sleep.

I remember Richie riding him in his Nivice here and he ooooozed class and stamina.

Doubt he will ever be a GN horse as he is small but you never know.

I rememebr being at Chep last year with a runner and in the owners bar talking to J Parrott G Wiltshire and Jonjo had assuered everyone his only remit form JP was to win that race and he was trained to the minute with NO other race involved.

This year will be the same imo.

Giles Cross jumped and galloped for fun last year also and as stated above imho Victor Dartnall has NO piers when it comes to training staying chasers considering how little he pays for them.

Exmoor Ranger was around 6k

Mount Clerigo ( legs of glass ) was pure class

He has a very promising Novice in Ace High this year who will be a force to be reconed with imo
By:
stevo1
When: 30 Nov 11 08:37
Giles Cross for me big price 16s?
By:
call it a day
When: 30 Nov 11 09:38
Hey Big Spender for me, although trip could be problematic. On a good day this horse takes some stopping.The form for its seasonal debut is stacking up,giving weight to Carruthers and Fair Along. If Brendan Powell or Steve Clements can claim, so much the better.
By:
sintonian
When: 30 Nov 11 14:41
In my opening post I said Giles Cross was 6lb higher than when finishing as runner-up last year, but he is in fact 4lb higher. A pleasing mistaker to maker! ExcitedLaugh

Synchronised is 5lb higher, off 155 and will carry 11st6.
By:
SOULDANCER
When: 30 Nov 11 17:22
Surprised Synchronised is on 155 thought it would be 159, thought Irish mark would be ignored and they'd go with his last English run. It gets harder.
By:
roobuck
When: 30 Nov 11 22:05
Unless my eyes deceive me, As de Fer has been allotted a mark of 135, off which it won at the weekend on soft by 16L.

Not surprised its all blue on oddschecker.
By:
liqernpoker
When: 30 Nov 11 22:09
i feel as de fer and probably giles cross will be tomorrows pricewise selections
By:
roobuck
When: 01 Dec 11 07:56
Now actually see that has 4lb penalty - more than fair imo.

Should get in off that mark, not sure of the value of running at Chepstow on Sat
By:
bazzar
When: 03 Dec 11 18:02
JONJO says SYNCHRONISED is set to bypass WELSH NATIONAL.
By:
trev w
When: 03 Dec 11 18:33
Shocked
where you read that bazz?
By:
Rod Tidwell
When: 03 Dec 11 18:41
There are some reports around that he may go the Lexus instead

I've gone in again on Any Currency after todays nice pipe opener. Think 25/1 is very fair on the balance of his run against Midnight Chase and Junior last year at Cheltenham and he realy needs a stiff test.
By:
turnip turns
When: 03 Dec 11 18:49
trev reading the wrong forum apuMischief
By:
trev w
When: 03 Dec 11 18:53
your here aswell and you own the other oneLaugh
By:
turnip turns
When: 03 Dec 11 18:55
Laugh  everywhere trev everywhereMischief
By:
sintonian
When: 03 Dec 11 19:37
Jonjo said he would only going for the Lexus if it cut up and was heavy. In that interview on ATR he freely admitted he is not Grade 1 class.

Rod, I have added Any Currency aswell. The horse has never won first time out before so he is bound to improve for that run today. Negative would be that he only has a 3 week break to recover as you really need to get a prep run in before December but at 25/1 he's worth a squirt. Have you read any post race interviews ? I cant find any.
By:
turnip turns
When: 03 Dec 11 19:39
LEXUS ENTERS SYNCHRONISED EQUATION

Jonjo O'Neill has raised the possibility of Synchronised running in the Lexus Chase at Leopardstown rather than defending his Welsh National title at Chepstow over Christmas.

The eight-year-old ran a fine race last time out over the fixed brush hurdles at Haydock when third behind the impressive Dynaste.

The JP McManus-owned gelding would be near the head of the weights at Chepstow and as there is not much size about him, O'Neill could be tempted to run him in a Grade One instead.

"He's a great little horse. He's not that big but he's as genuine as the come," he told At The Races.

"He's done very well. He's won a Midlands National and a Welsh National with a big weight.

"He ran a blinder the other day over hurdles at Haydock. He may go back to Chepstow but he's also entered in the Lexus so we could go either way.

"He's probably not fast enough for that (the Lexus), but when it comes to really heavy ground he'd be as fast as they come.

"His biggest problem now is that he's not a big horse and he'll have to carry big weights.

"He's in great form and I'm very happy with him. He's very honest and he's a great horse to have.

"He goes the same pace if it's fast or heavy ground, but the others slow down in heavy ground."
By:
sintonian
When: 03 Dec 11 19:44
Yep.

If he goes to Ireland i'll eat a kilo of Rhubard & Custard sweets in a day. Suck on that! Excited
By:
turnip turns
When: 03 Dec 11 19:46
Laugh not good on yer gumsMischief
By:
sintonian
When: 03 Dec 11 19:48
CORRECT Laugh
By:
sintonian
When: 03 Dec 11 19:49
Gummy Wink
By:
turnip turns
When: 03 Dec 11 19:50
Laugh
By:
Rod Tidwell
When: 03 Dec 11 20:10
Hi Sint. I havent read any interviews but Martin Keighley keeps a regularly updated blog on his site and hopefully will check in tomorrow with some positive news to how he's come out of the race
By:
sintonian
When: 04 Dec 11 16:53
cheers Rod. I've just read his blog and it is very informative indeed. The general impression I got was that Any Currency was ready to run and do himself justice but they did expect him to improve. They do say on the PDF doc they hope to go to Wales next, so i'll ready it again this week for an update as to how he has come out of the race. Top stuff! Excited
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com