Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 173 comments are related to the topic:
Welsh National 27th December.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 173
By:
topnap
When: 05 Dec 11 13:48
Maybe the reason they are considering the Lexus for synchronised is that they have already got the winner of the Welsh National Wink
By:
bazzar
When: 05 Dec 11 13:55
What is the address for Martin KEIGHLEY blog, please?
By:
sintonian
When: 05 Dec 11 14:01
http://www.martinkeighleyracing.com/Martins_blog.php
By:
bazzar
When: 06 Dec 11 12:11
Thanks SINTONIAN.
By:
sintonian
When: 08 Dec 11 13:24
Jonjo O'Neill has still not confirmed ante-post Coral Welsh National favourite Synchronised as a definite runner at Chepstow.

The sponsors have him as their clear 6-1 jolly but O'Neill is also giving serious consideration to the Lexus Chase in Ireland over Christmas.

Synchronised won the Welsh National 12 months ago and could be carrying the same weight as last year, although he is now rated 5lb higher.

"He is in the Welsh National and that's one of the options, but he is also in the Lexus," said O'Neill.

"He would have a lot of weight in a handicap.

"Options are open at the moment, and it depends on conditions nearer the time."

One who is heading to Wales is stablemate Galaxy Rock, who showed stamina in abundance when winning at Cheltenham.

"Galaxy Rock is certainly going for the Welsh National, although he'd prefer it if the ground was good," he added
By:
stevo1
When: 08 Dec 11 16:32
2 Chances of good ground at Chepstow Jonjo! Slim and none!
By:
judorick
When: 08 Dec 11 16:42
and its peeing down there now

expect heavy come the day
By:
Rod Tidwell
When: 09 Dec 11 16:32
McCain favouring Tommy Whittle Chase now for Wymott according to his write up on here
By:
toilettennisplayer
When: 12 Dec 11 08:02
i see jonjo now has arbor supreme, which i wasnt aware of till just now - could well be his sneaky 3rd string who's primed to run a huge race - go back to his best irish form and he's surely a player.

also like prince be beauchenne - plodding on under topweight in the troytown, safe jumper - has a nice racing weight here, esp if neptune collonges takes his place...
By:
mr mulligan
When: 12 Dec 11 21:10
Join Together has been given a RPR of 156 for saturdays win at cheltenham,the form of his November win has been franked by the 2nd and 3rd running 1st and 2nd at chepstow last week, back in 4th that day was Viking Blond who was conceding 5 pound all round and was btn just over 4L. He has won twice at chepstow(once in HVY) and will run off 139 in this race.
16-1 was available this morning but has dried up to 14's best now. I would think he will be single figures come the day.
GET ON !
By:
Reefer 2001
When: 12 Dec 11 21:21
When is Jonjo going to commit Synchronsied to the Lexus?  We all know he's going there.  Lets have a look into this in more detail.

Synchronised is a small horse and carrying 11-11 is not favoured by Jonjo.
Its very sad to say but with Kempes passing away, JP has no representation in the Lexus.
If its heavy at Chepstow you can guarantee it'll be heavy at Leopardstown.
The Lexus is cutting up and with Denman now retired you could only see a handful turning up.
Galaxy Rock appears to have a very decent chance for the stable and McCoy could be influential.

As long as its on and its heavy, I just can't see Synchronised not running the Lexus. Trying to second guess Jonjo is a dangerous game though!
By:
Paul4
When: 12 Dec 11 22:12
Twiston Davies said from the start that this was the target for Viking Blond. I met a part owner of Giles Cross in the summer who was very keen on his chances this year. And I think Halley could be one to have slipped under the radar. GL
By:
Paul4
When: 12 Dec 11 22:13
ahh and i also make Any Currency around a stone well in and progressive!
By:
sintonian
When: 13 Dec 11 07:41
Any one have any data as to the record of Novices in this race ?
By:
stevo1
When: 13 Dec 11 14:13
No sint but from memory not sure there have been many novice winners?
Giles Cross still 10s going in again cant be out of frame with his weight,likely going soft and course record.
By:
sintonian
When: 13 Dec 11 14:28
GC is my Xmas NAP. 2 weeks to go now so just hope he does not have a set-back.
By:
stevo1
When: 13 Dec 11 14:31
Lets hope not Sint,runs on my sons 3rd Birthday so hoping for double celebration!
By:
john92
When: 13 Dec 11 14:58
Does anyone have any idea if Some Target is an intended runner? He needs a few to come out but I have thought this is the perfect race for him since last winter.
By:
stevo1
When: 13 Dec 11 14:58
Sint search for Welsh National winners wikipedia, all prev winners there.Since 1997 think maybe one novice Halcon Genelardais as 6 year old, but maybe won in France before?
By:
Reefer 2001
When: 13 Dec 11 17:17
Halcon was not a novice when he won this race as a 6 yr old.  Twiston Davies knows what he's doing!
By:
stevo1
When: 13 Dec 11 17:33
Was a question mark after statement?
By:
bazzar
When: 13 Dec 11 19:50
TWISTON-DAVIES has won all the british nationals with novices, except of course the Aintree National.
By:
mr mulligan
When: 13 Dec 11 20:22
Not sure thats correct bazzar, earth Summit won the scottish national as a novice and the welsh national 3 years later.
Bindaree won the welsh national 3 years after his novice season.
By:
GoldCupWinner
When: 13 Dec 11 21:39
Why would Giles reverse form with the fav?
By:
GoldCupWinner
When: 13 Dec 11 21:39
Why would Giles reverse form with the fav?
By:
bazzar
When: 14 Dec 11 12:37
Mr Mulligan, memory plays tricks at my age and could be getting mixed up with KINGS ROAD who won Hennessey as a novice and Captain Dibble Scot Nat as a novice.
By:
sintonian
When: 14 Dec 11 13:32
No logical reason why he should based purely on last seasons run, GCW. But would you want to back him off 155 ?
By:
Tatie Baron
When: 14 Dec 11 14:00
Synchronised does get behind in his races and Giles Cross is tactically more straightforward so some hope there. Also Synchronised may not rock up with The Lexus being an option. Giles Cross looks a fair bet ew at 10's to me.
By:
sintonian
When: 14 Dec 11 14:15
The thing is , I know at the weights there is not much in it based on last years run, but winning Nationals off 155 is not easy, even if you have done it before. GC has the perfect mark on 136.
By:
BJG
When: 14 Dec 11 16:25
Gordon Elliott / 14 December 2011 €20 Free Bet View Market

"He has had the race as his target for some time now and is being trained towards it".

Welsh National & Paddy Power Chase

I have three horses still entered in the Welsh National at Chepstow on the 27th but Chicago Grey is likely to be my only runner in that race. He has had the race as his target for some time now and is being trained towards it.

As I said previously, he was given a break after his last run at Cheltenham but has been back in full work for a while now. He's in good form at home and we'll finalise plans for him after he works next week but, all going well, he'll travel and we're looking forward to it.
By:
TINnotaTON
When: 19 Dec 11 16:33
confirmation entry stage this wednesday at 12pm, weights look likely to rise 5lb, with HEY BIG SPENDER now on 11-12lb.
have decided to swerve synchronised as i feel he not run (11-11lb) so ive backed GILES CROSS at 10's, with a few quid on BALLYFITZ AT 25's
By:
Dark Destroyer
When: 19 Dec 11 17:38
Can anyone tell me if Jonjo said anything relevant during his ATR stable tour recently? In particular with reference to Galaxy Rock lining up.
By:
Slabster
When: 19 Dec 11 18:11
Chicago Grey would be my selection.

He looked like hacking up at Cheltenham when coming to grief. He then ran deplorably last time again at Cheltenham, but something had to be amiss imo. I believe he's been freshened up for this, which has been his main target since the start of the season. He'd prefer good ground but handles soft. He'll be ridden conservatively and with that in mind, as others are tiring, he looks an excellent each way prospect at the very least.
By:
sintonian
When: 19 Dec 11 19:08
the 10's all went on Saturday TINnotaTon.

DD, says GR definitely runs but wants good ground .. Sync likely aswell but possible for Lexus
By:
sintonian
When: 19 Dec 11 19:10
quotes are actually on this thread DD ..
By:
sintonian
When: 19 Dec 11 19:12
Looks like both the price wise selections have fallen by the way side .. Wymott ran a shocker at Haydock on Saturday and was pulled-up ...  Master Overseer was a bitter disappointment lto at Chepstow when 7/2 Fav .. though he may still run
By:
TINnotaTON
When: 19 Dec 11 19:27
placed both bets saturday morning sint, 10's remained at the t0te/betfred and b0ylesports, tote cut it to 7,s around midday...
By:
sintonian
When: 19 Dec 11 19:31
good stuff. Think most firms cut him after Wymott flopped in the afternoon.
By:
TINnotaTON
When: 19 Dec 11 19:36
would have been surprised if wymott would have gone to chepstow anyway even if he had run well on saturday. what with there being only 10 days between races.
By:
sintonian
When: 19 Dec 11 19:39
Yep. I was surprised he was price wise tbh given the record of Henessy runners in the race.
Page 2 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com