Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Headmaster
20 Jul 11 11:42
| Topic/replies: 3,874 | Blogger: The Headmaster's blog
Admiral of The Red (IRE)
Aloeil (FR)           
Apache (IRE)           
Brown Panther         
Buthelezi (USA)       
Casamento (IRE)       
Census (IRE)           
Dordogne (IRE)         
Eternal Heart (IRE)   
Fiorente (IRE)
Freedom (IRE)         
French Navy           
Genius Beast (USA)     
Laatafreet (IRE)       
Lyric Street (IRE)     
Marksmanship (IRE)     
Masked Marvel         
Memphis Tennessee (IRE)
Monte Carlo (IRE)     
Namibian (IRE)
Nathaniel (IRE)     
Pivotman           
Regent Street (IRE)
Sadler's Risk (IRE)
Sea Moon           
Seville (GER)       
Slumber             
Solar Sky           
Thimaar (USA)       
Treasure Beach
Well Sharp             
Whiplash Willie       
Blue Bunting (USA)     
Wild Coco (GER)       
Wonder of Wonders (USA)
Zain Al Boldan

Fire away......

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 232
By:
Win only - Sp only
When: 20 Jul 11 11:47
Ledger ffs
By:
sintonian
When: 20 Jul 11 14:48
Nathaniel for me .. think he'll run well at the weekend and then decide this is the race for them
By:
kennels1986
When: 20 Jul 11 15:09
i think its between nathaniel and sea moon. I think sea moon is a good ante post bet
By:
Equimine.co.uk
When: 20 Jul 11 15:55
At a very big price, therefore a very small bet, Sadler's Risk.
By:
cryoftruth
When: 20 Jul 11 16:37
Kennels - agreed.

I do think that Blue Bunting will improve a lot for the step up in distance and as Godolphin tend to target the leger  she should be kept onside
By:
El Apache
When: 20 Jul 11 17:04
Assuming Nathaniel bolts up on Saturday , he will be aimed elswhere.

Blue Bunting has to be the bet at this stage.
By:
rhinestone
When: 20 Jul 11 18:00
On Blue Bunting big at big odds.

Pleased to see this said after not much was said about the Leger a few days ago.

Simon Crisford remarked: "That was fantastic. Blue Bunting is really tough and she stayed on very well, showing a good burst of speed to succeed.

"She has now shown top class form to win Classics on good to firm ground over a mile and on soft ground over a mile and half.

"Blue Bunting is a very resolute filly and the Darley Yorkshire Oaks is the probable next target, with the St Leger coming into the equation as well."

I think she'll improve again at the distance. Love
By:
trev w
When: 20 Jul 11 18:11
rhino..theres ome **** on purple called subway...got bigger prices than youShockedSilly[;)]
By:
rhinestone
When: 20 Jul 11 18:24
**** hell trev Sad
By:
town moor
When: 21 Jul 11 20:23
Talking with Al zarooni's travelling head lad at donny tonight he said he's not sure blue bunting will come for the Leger as they feel it would be very tough for her to take on the colts. He thought she would go for the yorkshire oaks then on to the breeders cup.
By:
The Headmaster
When: 23 Jul 11 13:25
Head's horse just ironed out at Vichy.  Will need to show something more if he's coming over.
By:
The Headmaster
When: 23 Jul 11 16:11
totebetsportfred are 4/5, THAT'S FOUR TO FIVE, Nathaniel for the Leger.
By:
sintonian
When: 23 Jul 11 16:17
LaughLaugh ffs
By:
sintonian
When: 23 Jul 11 16:17
he could win it on the bridle though if he wanted. They have to pay to supplement again for the Arc too. Cool
By:
trev w
When: 23 Jul 11 16:34
with any luck...he might go for bothShocked
By:
cryoftruth
When: 23 Jul 11 17:13
more interesting is that with St Nicholas Abbey too slow for a n Arc, the way is clear for Await The dawn to run at Longchamp before going to the breeders cup.

Aiden has nothing else for the Arc with So You Think away to Oz and the 3yo's not much kop this year.

Await The Dawn seems to have a very obvious chance and I am sure they would be keen to see him take the Arc.
By:
cryoftruth
When: 23 Jul 11 17:16
nathaniel out to 9/1 and only one mug looking for a bit of 33/1 on here now.

Typical of the bald dwarfish welsher to try and get a few mugs to bet on him at odds on - probably wouldn't pay up even if it won!
By:
cryoftruth
When: 23 Jul 11 17:17
The mug is me by the way! Just £3 at 33/1 anyone?
By:
trev w
When: 23 Jul 11 18:02
cot...

think aiden will aim TB and or seville @ the arc....

think it was a race to many lto for TB...and he has one verdict over nathaniel...and even though i really like pour moi...he could easily have traffic problems in the arc.

arc could be some race this yr.
By:
sintonian
When: 23 Jul 11 18:56
does anyone know if WOW was in the original entries for this ? i.e was she just entered like AOB block enters all of his horses ?

I was surprised to see her included tbh.
By:
town moor
When: 23 Jul 11 22:35
Entries were only last week sint.
By:
sintonian
When: 24 Jul 11 17:03
yes thought as much. A little surprsied they have given an entry to WOW, she would have finished 4th lto but for Laughing Lashess jockey dropping his whip. She is by a Sadlers Wells mare though so I suppose it is possible an extra couple of furlongs could improve her.
By:
The Admiral
When: 24 Jul 11 20:56
I really like the look of Sea Moon. This horse is still improving and the step up on trip will suit especially looking back at her last race.
By:
kennels1986
When: 24 Jul 11 21:00
100% agree admiral, as i said above i thought it was between nathaniel and sea moon and now nathaniel isnt going to be in the race i very much like sea moon's chances. Hope to see it racing soon and will hope it settles into the race nicely
By:
unclepuncle
When: 25 Jul 11 07:49
Think O'Brien has this by the short and curlies.

Treasure Beach, Seville, and Memphis Tennessee look a cut above the rest and could all be suited by the longer trip. Probably unlikely to run all 3, maybe TB will go for the Arc trial (Prix Niel?) at Longchamp.
By:
The Headmaster
When: 26 Jul 11 23:21
Really liked Memphis Ten for this but not getting the vibes atm - hope he's ok.

After today, the 16/1 Masked Marvel stands out as the best value right now.  Starting to think Seville might be targeted too, which is a bit of a bugger as I didn't see that coming.
By:
sintonian
When: 27 Jul 11 22:19
Just had a fiver on Field of Miracles at 400/1. Bred for the job and in the right Barn. All depends how she runs tomorrow.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 28 Jul 11 08:53
I guess on the form line through Banimpire she hasn't got much to find with Blue Bunting who's about 12/1 so can see the logic - but I'd be amazed if she runs in the Leger, let alone wins it, irrespective of how she performs today?

Still you have to speculate to accumulateLaugh
By:
The Headmaster
When: 28 Jul 11 08:53
Realise it's only a throwaway fiver and good luck to you - but beware the Park Hill Stakes, sintonian....especially when the yard already have numerous male Leger contenders.
By:
sintonian
When: 28 Jul 11 09:13
yes think your right .. just done me fiver she has no entry and will need supplmenting.
By:
The Headmaster
When: 28 Jul 11 12:22
Maybe when some of these journos have finished quaffing Veuve and slapping Henry on the back they might like to wonder why Memphis Tennessee has been taken out of the Voltigeur.  As O'Brien would never take a horse out this early based on potential running plans I am concerned that this horse is not ok.

Anyone fancy ringing Aiden (or tweeting Anne-Marie Laugh )
By:
Figgis
When: 28 Jul 11 12:23
She looks worth a bet today though, sint. The trip is obviously an unknown, but if she gets it and if she's still in the same Ascot form after her hard battle with Banimpire then she's the one to beat, ought to have been fav here.
By:
sintonian
When: 28 Jul 11 14:11
Figgs, i've just had a few quid ew on Meeznah. The going has changed to GF and I felt the rain last time out did not help her behind Wild Coco. She is 4lb worse off but Dettori up should run well. I'll have a saver on Field of Miracles but wonder if she might like softer ground.
By:
Figgis
When: 28 Jul 11 14:55
Nice one, sint, FoM never going today.
By:
sintonian
When: 28 Jul 11 16:14
cheers Figgis.

Yes they went very quick, track record I think they said.
By:
sintonian
When: 28 Jul 11 16:33
That sounds ominous for Memphis, Headmaster.

Will Seville be going directly for this race ? After France they said they would give him a nice break, so presumably they will miss the Voltigeur. When Scorpion ran in and Won the same race, he was left off for a break and then sent straight to Donny, so it's possible they will do the same with Seville.

Anyway, i've put Seville, 5/1, in an eachway double with Nathaniel, 7/1. [:D][smiley:crazy]
By:
sintonian
When: 28 Jul 11 19:53
just checked odds-checker and Seville has been well backed across the boards today .. has he been tipped up ? top price is 9/2, whilst some firms are 3/1.
By:
keynes
When: 28 Jul 11 22:41
seville is just like midas touch and will suffer a similar fate; he has no turn of foot and will be invariably vulnerable in any group one. his current price with the bookies is ridiculous
By:
cryoftruth
When: 30 Jul 11 07:55
seville may be better for the step up in trip, but he does look vulnerable to me.

I think the Godolphin filly has a very decent chance indeed, but the prices went a while ago.
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com